Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 27, 2011 10:49 AM

Dec 2009
  • Chapter 1:
    By far i really enjoyed the light novel. The main character, Sion, lives in futuristically city (2013) which is "good" because it's calm and people live without fear, but everything seems to be controlled by the government. Then, suddenly in Sion 12th's birthday, a little boy known as Nezumi appears with a bullet wound and stays at Shion's house, who trated his wounds without even asking his name.
  • Chapter 2
    Four years has passed and Sion couldn't take special course since he helped Nezumi, who was a fugitive. Even though he was dumped of his city, he didn't seem to care much.
    Sion was now working controlling robots who cleaned the park, and one day he founds a old-looking man who was lying at the ground, dead. We're introduced to Sion's friend, Safu who seemed to like him and who Sion told about the guy at the park.
  • Chapter 3
    Yamase and Sion find out that the guy who died at the park wasn't old as he looked like, he was only thirty one years old. One day after the first accident happened, Yamase who worked with Shion, died with the same aspects of the man in the park. But this time we could see something different, a bee came out from his neck.
    Sion passed out after that and when he woke up, he was false accused of being the responsible for their death.
    Nezumi later appears, and help Sion to get out of the city.
  • Chapter 4
    Sion and Nezumi ran away for the West Block and Sion found out that No.6 is not that great, since they send most of the untreated sewage to the block he went.
    Sion later then notices a black spot on his neck, which starts to hurt & with Nezumi's help, the spot is cut out and relieves Sion's pain. However, his hair turns out white and red stripes - more like snake skin - appears all around his body.
  • Chapter 5
    Nezumi explains how much he owes Sion, since he was helped 4 years ago when he should have been given to the authorities. Then told Sion that he's been watching him over those 4 years since he knew that something would probably happen to Sion.

The rest you can tell by reading, the novel is damn good.
    I just love how Sion is so naive & cute at the same time. But i admit that i love Nezumi even more <3
LiinahJul 30, 2011 10:12 PM
Jan 17, 2015 10:39 PM

Jun 2013
The first volume was good. It laid the foundations for what is about to come in the second volume. Shion acts on impulse rstherbthab thinking it through whereas Nezumi is more pragmatic since he knows all too well how the society works in that fictional world. The conversations between those two are really amusing since Shion is very intelligent.
Jun 25, 2015 2:52 PM
Jul 2018
Excellent first volume, it got me hooked on the story from the very first chapter, Shion and Nezumi are really likeable characters and if the rest of the volumes are just as good as this one No. 6 will probably end up among my top 10 novels - Vol. score: 5/5.
Jul 11, 2020 6:06 PM

Apr 2016
I enjoyed reading the first volume. I've been consistently reading a chapter a day, and I just finished the first volume today. I read the manga adaptation two years ago, but it was indeed pleasant to read the monologues and descriptions.

Even though Shion and Nezumi clearly have their differences from their upbringings, they're compatible! I like that they can agree to disagree. Maybe it's not obvious to Nezumi, but he's tender to Shion. - Stroking Shion's hair and telling the latter to go to sleep, and then stroking Shion’s hair again after he falls asleep. <3 Touching Shion's white hair and saying it's pretty, and then tracing the red marks and saying they're alluring... It felt reassuring. And reminding Shion that he's alive now...it makes it easier for Shion to accept his new appearance. Nezumi certainly has his practical lens on the world, without necessarily trying to change Shion's character. And Shion is curious, which I like; he's open to learning about West Block. He will certainly sit down and read classics, which No.6 doesn't prioritize. It had a mysterious aura when Nezumi still didn't tell Shion his name after Shion woke up, despite Nezumi promising to...

Safu's way of confessing to Shion by asking for the latter's sperm and then asking to have sex...Wow. I see why Nezumi found that amusing. I'm not sure if Nezumi has romantic experiences, but that's not what you typically see in fiction either. No.6 is scary through its control of the people, which we could see even as Safu was urging Shion to not argue with the Law Enforcement Officer when the friends were reaching the subway.

I also like that the first volume gives a hopeful feeling. Shion and Nezumi stick by each other.

More topics from this board

» Difference between alternate versions

Silvermeow - Mar 5, 2018

1 by removed-user »»
Mar 23, 2018 10:32 AM

Poll: » No.6 Volume 6 Discussion

removed-user - May 21, 2017

0 by removed-user »»
May 21, 2017 1:04 PM

Poll: » No.6 Volume 5 Discussion

removed-user - May 7, 2016

0 by removed-user »»
May 7, 2016 10:36 AM

Poll: » No. 6 Volume 4 Discussion

removed-user - May 1, 2016

0 by removed-user »»
May 1, 2016 12:36 PM

Poll: » No.6 Volume 3 Discussion

removed-user - Apr 1, 2016

0 by removed-user »»
Apr 1, 2016 3:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.