Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2008 6:59 PM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, that was actually a really good special. It started out a little weak in the beginning but it picked up once it fully got into the fights. I think Rukai's fight was was a little boring, but Ishida's and Sado's were great. I loved seeing Sado's Brazo Izquierda del Diablo again.

They barely got into Ichigo's fight before the episode ended, and i'm really looking forward to the next episode where we get to see the rest of it.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but the animation quality seemed to be pretty nice also. If we keep going like this, the rest of the arc might not actually be too bad.
Jun 25, 2008 7:33 PM

Sep 2007
This truely is a "Bleach Gaiden" of the anime. All the moves that were developed in the HM arc seen here. Hopefully Ichigo busts out the mask in the end for some serious ass kicking.
Jun 25, 2008 7:35 PM

Oct 2007
Random thoughts:

Which one is the official thread?

Bakkoutou... it's what's for dinner!

Uryu with the Seele Schneiders, ok... but we're gonna need some serious retconning as to why Chad already has Brazos del Gigante y Diablo. Completely contradicts the Hueco Mundo 'introduction' which presumably happens after this, right?

Bakkoutou Fried Douko is just not appetizing at all.
Jun 25, 2008 8:24 PM

Jan 2008
I'm gonna stick it here, since I think it's better to discuss both "episodes" in one thread.

I agree, the animation was more than acceptable this time. Basically, it was the best episode of the arc.

And I really enjoyed Rukia's fight against ugly Sonic the hedgehog... but Sado's arm was the best thing.

PS. They had too much difficulty fighting these guys after what they went up against in Hueco Mundo.

Jun 25, 2008 9:44 PM

Jun 2008
Dude what the hell!? I am too disappointed with this special! Sure the animation and every other graphics were great but couldn't they have shown the main fight with Ichigo? I mean that was one of the main parts of the show that I was wanting to see. And what happens now? They put it off AGAIN till next week. The creators are now just starting to drag this series out. They could have got all the fighting done with Rukia, Chad, and Ishida in one episode and left the other episode for Ichigo.

And for those of you who are doubting whether this is before Hueco Mundo? It is AFTER.

And thats another thing that makes me mad. I actually had to go back to the manga to find out exactly what went on and how they got out of HM. And i figured it out.

Too disappointing. 45 minutes of something that I knew what was going to happen. And 45 Minutes less sleep that i could have had, not to mention the 10 writing this.

BOOO Creators of Bleach! Hurry and end this arc! The Bount arc was better and had a better story line!
Signature Here.
Jun 25, 2008 10:03 PM

Mar 2008
well the continuity of the arc is completely fucked up. the only choice now is that its AFTER Hueco Mundo or just not in the continuity, so whatever, i'll ignore that from now on. the animation was actually pretty good, and the fights were interesting. probably the best episode of the arc so far. looks like next episode is gonna have some flashback stuff. interested to see if its anything newish
Jun 25, 2008 11:32 PM

Mar 2008
Wow, i loved the BGM on this episode! Especially when rukia is using "kidou" and Chad uses "La Muerte"!
About the episode...it was nice, although i'm a bit disappointed because ichigo's fight only appeared at the end...
Jun 26, 2008 12:26 AM

Nov 2007
Personally I'm not bothered in the least by the continuity issues. For all I care they're all in an alternate dimension without any of the Hueco Mundo stuff going on. I'd rather just appreciate what I'm watching than dwell on what I could be watching.

Overall this arc has been pretty weak, but it isn't without some qualities. Unfortunately the only new and interesting parts have been the Soul Society tidbits while the Karakura town sections have featured recycled plot "twists" and relatively boring fights. I'm hoping that after Ichigo's fight they'll go to Soul Society not only to settle the score with the old man but see what the new captain and his shifty 3rd seat are up to.
Jun 26, 2008 12:34 AM
Jun 2008
Somebody said:

Overall this arc has been pretty weak, but it isn't without some qualities. Unfortunately the only new and interesting parts have been the Soul Society tidbits while the Karakura town sections have featured recycled plot "twists" and relatively boring fights. I'm hoping that after Ichigo's fight they'll go to Soul Society not only to settle the score with the old man but see what the new captain and his shifty 3rd seat are up to.

Unlikely, it looks as if 178-179 is the end of the arc. Not enough time for that to happen.
Get ready though, 3 weeks till hueco mundo! ^_^
Jun 26, 2008 12:53 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah, they really jacked up the continuity. Like chieftain20 and dumbasatri said, the only way this fits is AFTER Hueco Mundo. Or it doesn't fit at all (and that seems more likely >_<).

As for the episode itself, it was okay, but the fights were almost more annyoing than anything. They just recycled the best moves we've seen out of people from the HM arc to defeat characters who were probably 1/1000th as powerful as the people they originally used the moves on. And the guys they were fighting were formulaic and used moves we've seen in other fights/shows. Plus, the little guy (who fought Rukia) was just freaking annoying. Overall, I'd say I'm not pleased with the arc, but it could have worse, I guess.
Jun 26, 2008 3:58 AM

Aug 2007
Well...all the fights were pretty obvious...
I laughed when I could predict what could happen next.
I thought I could only do that with Naruto but I guess I was wrong.
Jun 26, 2008 4:33 AM

Jul 2007
Wasabi said:
This truely is a "Bleach Gaiden" of the anime. All the moves that were developed in the HM arc seen here. Hopefully Ichigo busts out the mask in the end for some serious ass kicking.

There's a 5% chance he'll bring the mask out?
Why? Because this filler arc is the worst thing ever to happen since the AIDs Virus.

Even if he does use it, there's a 75% chance the writers for the script will defile it and turn it into a weak weapon because thats all the writers of Bleach know how to do.
I sometimes wonder why Kubo lets them defile his manga.
Jun 26, 2008 4:35 AM

Jul 2007
repent said:
Somebody said:

Unlikely, it looks as if 178-179 is the end of the arc. Not enough time for that to happen.
Get ready though, 3 weeks till hueco mundo! ^_^

Wait what?
Where did you hear this from?
3 weeks?
Where? ANN?

For goodness sake please let it be true. I cannot stand anymore of this terrible filler arc. It makes me want to do terrible things.
Jun 26, 2008 5:54 AM

Nov 2007
Boring.How about some plot for a change? If they don't give some screentime to the new captain, then what is the whole point of this arc???
Kill or be killed, it's just a way to kill time.
- Zaraki Kenpachi
Jun 26, 2008 6:25 AM

Feb 2008
The animation of the fights was rather good, but the fights and the final results were way to predicable and unimpressive.
This filler arc sure is a letdown, hope it doesn't last to long.
Jun 26, 2008 8:27 AM

Jan 2008
There's no listing of any Bleach episodes beyond 179. Nobody knows the names of those episodes.

As much as I'd like to get back to Hueco Mundo and settle the score with Aizen and his gang... I'd hate it if they'd give this arc a rushed OR non-existent ending. Since they have stolen this much of our time with this arc they could at least give it an ending too...

Jun 26, 2008 8:54 AM

Sep 2007
If they do intend on shortening this arc... then that means the Captain arc will continue after the HM arc...
Jun 26, 2008 9:33 AM

Jul 2007
hungry_bunny said:
There's no listing of any Bleach episodes beyond 179. Nobody knows the names of those episodes.

As much as I'd like to get back to Hueco Mundo and settle the score with Aizen and his gang... I'd hate it if they'd give this arc a rushed OR non-existent ending. Since they have stolen this much of our time with this arc they could at least give it an ending too...

I'd love it if they gave this terrible arc a rushed ending. =\
Jun 26, 2008 10:22 AM
Oct 2007
Ichigo's screams at the end of 177th episode made me lol insanely D:

Let's wait 2-3 months till HM, so they will not have to stop in the middle of Ichigo vs xxx fight ^.^
Jun 26, 2008 2:01 PM

May 2008
horrible
i want my 45 minutes back.
Jun 26, 2008 2:11 PM

Jun 2008
i just wished filler was over already......CMON!
Jun 26, 2008 3:58 PM

May 2007
Agree with Miked, I liked the bgm used and if I'm not mistaken it was the same one used for one of the Diamond Dust Rebellion trailer / previews. That track would be badass in the movie.

The episode had decent fights but still very fillerish and well, a waste of time. It just seems like everyones having too much of a hard time fighting these random guys when they were taking on espada before.
Jun 26, 2008 5:11 PM

Jan 2008
Viperslayer said:

I'd love it if they gave this terrible arc a rushed ending. =\
Then this arc would really feel like a waste... if Ichigo just woke up one episode saying "Oh, it was all a dream" I'd be so angry >.> at least kill the monkey dude first.

And on another partly unrelated note: did anyone see that short promo that Dattebayo translated? Apparently there's already a third Bleach movie in production.

Jun 26, 2008 11:39 PM

May 2008
whoever is with chad gets owned. most bamf attack in the series: la muerte
Jun 27, 2008 3:35 AM

Mar 2008
well some parts were interesting
nothing new in the fights, mostly everyone taking up the enemy with their usual moves
had some laughs (also at the Quincy thing in the end)
too bad they had to save to Ichigo fight for next episode

MAL list updates
Jun 28, 2008 8:01 AM
Feb 2008
hmm, liked Rukia's fight if it weren't for that guy's laugh... so irritating...

I agree with everyone, for displayin "New Captain Amagai Shusuke arc" on the title of every episode there hasn't been much of him... The best episodes of this filler were in Soul Society. (because we got to see Kira! yay! sorry, I like him a lot)

I'm skeptical that it's going to end so soon, Ichigo's fight is going to last at least the next episode, and they're not going to be able to wrap everything else up that quickly. It would be rather awkward if the new captain is still around once they start back on the manga arc...

been a little disappointed in the omake lately, too much Arrancar encyclopedia... but the one with Ryuuken and Isshin was amusing.
Jun 29, 2008 7:03 AM

May 2007
...fillers.... DDD:
I want my bleach back?

Jun 29, 2008 10:57 PM
Apr 2008
well i m not too sure, but i think this filler is gonna be atleast shorter than the bounto arc ;o (hopefully)
Aug 12, 2008 9:20 PM
Oct 2007
Omgwtfbbqed.. La Muerte..

May 16, 2009 2:40 AM

Apr 2008
the next episode should be interesting ... wonder how will the fight end

Jun 4, 2009 2:26 AM

Jul 2008
It feels like the HM fights again, except considerably lamer.
Mar 29, 2010 2:06 AM

Oct 2008
Fillers are getting less exciting..
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 14, 2010 4:39 PM

May 2010
It was okay mainly because of the fighting action :D
Sep 7, 2010 11:58 PM

Jan 2010
I enjoyed Rukia's fight
Mar 18, 2012 6:49 PM

May 2011
Why does Rukia always end fighting with the disgusting/freaky/slimy guys? Give her a break LoL.

Decent battles and victories. Like many have said, the soundtracks and animation were pretty good. Nice to see Sado and Ishida's new powers again.

Ichigo needs to hurry and fodderslap that ninja. Hoping to see him visored next episode.
Aug 20, 2012 1:32 AM

May 2012
When exactly is the timeline for these fillers because I don't remember Chad having those devil powers before they went to rescue Orihime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2013 7:34 AM

May 2012
Pretty nice episode lets continue with part 2!
Nov 26, 2015 12:44 PM

Jul 2013
Just watched part 1 aka 176 and it was okay. Chad was cool.
May 24, 2020 3:44 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn a cliffhanger, Chad's fight was nice, "muda muda muda" haha JoJo's vide here.
Everyone is doing 1v1 fights, except for Orihime who's useless... wtf
May 13, 2022 5:20 PM
Oct 2019
Decent Episode, some fight were entertaining.
Jinnai Douko Laugh was pretty insane, Seiyuu doing great work here...
i like the Bakkouto concept though.

it's so funny to see them using technique from Hueco Mundo Arc and still struggling lol

it really feel like this is an alternate timeline.
Sep 24, 2022 9:58 AM
May 2020
a whole cluster of fights happening, maud
Apr 18, 6:27 PM
Mar 2023
Hated it ended in middle of Chad's fight. Seems like the one he was fighting against made a a big mistake of voicing his attack and he calls himself an assassin.

More topics from this board

» Does Bleach Get Any Better?

DaveMasters123 - Oct 8, 2018

40 by Rhae »»
Today, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 41 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lsumi - Aug 13, 2008

55 by hejkahej »»
Yesterday, 3:18 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 112 Discussion

Scribbly - Aug 1, 2008

30 by roiumihnea »»
Yesterday, 2:32 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 319 Discussion ( 1 2 )

walktheplank - Apr 26, 2011

67 by Artromex »»
May 3, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 33 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 13, 2008

46 by owonism »»
May 2, 2:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.