Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (35) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 21, 2011 11:43 AM

Nov 2010
You got more than me then xD or well... got the rye bread, liver paté and tuna salad... xD and except for that all i got is coke xD Im addicted ._.' dun even got milk... and beer... well... hate beer xD dun like alcohol in general ^^' except a good Jägermeister with red soda maybe :P
Aug 21, 2011 3:33 PM

Nov 2010
mhm... Cup-noodles... been a long time since i had that :D with chicken flavor :3
Aug 21, 2011 4:02 PM

Apr 2011
Had some seedless watermelon earlier. Quite refreshing
Aug 22, 2011 4:55 PM

Nov 2010
Well its not food but yeah... i got a tea obsession the last couple of days ._. fruit tea with tons of sugar :D that might count here too somehow ^^ <3

ooh and seedless watermelon... sounds very good o.o i want some :D
Aug 22, 2011 5:51 PM

Apr 2011
Tathagata said:
Well its not food but yeah... i got a tea obsession the last couple of days ._. fruit tea with tons of sugar :D that might count here too somehow ^^ <3

ooh and seedless watermelon... sounds very good o.o i want some :D

Aug 22, 2011 6:01 PM

Nov 2010
Lotus97 said:

O.o looks sooo delicious
Aug 23, 2011 7:27 AM

Aug 2010
I wonder if I could ever find a seedless watermelon here, it's even pretty hard to find an original one.

Aug 23, 2011 8:43 AM

Apr 2011
Lumikki said:
I wonder if I could ever find a seedless watermelon here, it's even pretty hard to find an original one.

I didn't realize they were so rare. In the US we have fruit shipped in from around the world. At least apples are, not sure about other fruits.
Aug 23, 2011 8:50 AM

Aug 2010
99% of fruits are obviously shipped from the other countries, I guess the only fruit that grows here is apple xD But we have tons of domestic berries and some vegetables ( summer/ autumn seasons only).

Aug 23, 2011 12:42 PM

Jan 2011
went to wegman's for lunch again, had some indian chicken and rice...mmm very tasty...the interesting part was when i was eating outside, i watched a man talk to a trash can for about five minutes. it ended when he got very animated and angry and stormed away...hmm
Aug 23, 2011 2:07 PM

Apr 2011
billmurderface said:
went to wegman's for lunch again, had some indian chicken and rice...mmm very tasty...the interesting part was when i was eating outside, i watched a man talk to a trash can for about five minutes. it ended when he got very animated and angry and stormed away...hmm

That's a little bit funny and a little bit scary and of course the chicken does sound good
Aug 23, 2011 10:39 PM

Feb 2009
TGI FRIDAYS! kind of sucks dunno if its just the one here or not, but i think Applebees is a lot better. anyone else think so?
Aug 24, 2011 6:21 AM

Jan 2011
@ corsair

idk, to me they're kinda the same thing, TGI, Applebees, Ruby Tuesday...similar menus...all the generic americana on the walls. not necissarily bad, at least most of the time...actually Ruby Tuesday's salad bar is the shit, always fresh. i guess that sets it apart for me.
Aug 24, 2011 8:10 AM

Apr 2011
billmurderface said:
@ corsair

idk, to me they're kinda the same thing, TGI, Applebees, Ruby Tuesday...similar menus...all the generic americana on the walls. not necissarily bad, at least most of the time...actually Ruby Tuesday's salad bar is the shit, always fresh. i guess that sets it apart for me.

I'm used to healthy stuff so any of those places sound great
Aug 25, 2011 11:48 AM

Jan 2011
broken record day...another tuna sub from subway. still tasty tho...they gave me extra cheese for free, they must likes me :D
Aug 25, 2011 12:00 PM

Jan 2010
Currently I'm addicted to Cream of Wheat. Geez, I can eat it for breakfast, Lunch, and dinner.
Aug 25, 2011 12:32 PM

Aug 2011
i made a 10 egg omelette a little bit ago, put a good bit of ham and cheese in it too
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/GregRocks&sclick=1">

"Gravity is just a myth. Jon Fitch is holding everything down. He's like the opposite of Atlas, he's got the world under his shoulder."
Aug 25, 2011 12:39 PM

Jan 2011
@greg

wow...i hear your cholesterol working it's way through your body hahaha.
although i did last night have breakfast for dinner..with a 4 egg seafood omelette...hmmm
Aug 25, 2011 12:42 PM

Aug 2011
indeed, i got like over 600% in that one meal...but it was amazing lol

"Gravity is just a myth. Jon Fitch is holding everything down. He's like the opposite of Atlas, he's got the world under his shoulder."
Aug 29, 2011 8:09 AM

Jan 2011
i cooked so much on saturday, just in case the power did go out. made a pot of chili and kept in the slow cooker, baked some bread, some pasta salad, and of course the power didn't go out anyways...so i have a bunch of food at home. anybody want some? it's really good i promise :D
Aug 31, 2011 5:41 PM

Apr 2011
My parents and their friends brought some food home from a restaurant so I ended up having beef soft tacos w/beans, a few french fries and onion rings, breaded chicken with roasted onions and peppers, and some pineapple. I feel like such a pig now.
Aug 31, 2011 6:04 PM

Jan 2010
@lotus

OMG, it all sounds so good. You must have had a blast!

I'm going to sound like a broken record too, but I had Cream of Wheat for B-fast and Lunch. I just love the way it taste! Brunswick stew with rice for dinner. A yummy yummy bowl of ice cream, Double Dunker Mocha ice cream swirled with chewy cookie dough and crunchy chocolate cookie swirl.
Aug 31, 2011 7:15 PM

Apr 2011
Yeah it was nice, at least I got a lot of protein. That ice cream looks great. I like all 3 of those flavors.
Sep 1, 2011 6:36 AM

Jan 2011
wow lotus you must have been beside yourself...when's the last time you ate like that?

@himari

never did like cream of wheat...oatmeal is one thing, but that stuff...and i know it's not even that different. but the ice cream would be nice :D

well i was talking about a big english breakfast yesterday, so i ended up with breakfast for dinner. not exactly english, no beans. but i had 3 sunny side up eggs, spicy home fries, turkey kielbasa (very good btw, recommend it and way less calories), mushrooms, and toast. wish i had more for this morning :D
Sep 3, 2011 1:14 PM

Aug 2010
I'm thinking of making a pizza tomorrow, but I don't what ingredients I should use. I have some chili flavoured tuna, canned pineapple and oregano, but what else? Any recommendations, please?

Sep 4, 2011 2:45 PM

Jan 2010
Do you like barbeque sauce? You can use that and put some chicken and pineapple and even cook up Canadian bacon and put it on it. Also I like, Ricotta cheese, with the mozzarella, then some spinach and red onion and garlic on it for a white pizza. Or for a regular pizza put the pineapple and cook up some bacon. I feel like making pizza now, but it takes such a long time for the dough to rise, I love homemade pizza! Good luck!
Sep 4, 2011 3:18 PM

Aug 2011
I was served Korean BBQ last night while at work...the beef was tender and spicy while the rice was a sticky rice and very good. Had my meal with a cold Coke served over ice. It was delish. This morning after work, I had a nice breakfast...a carne asada burrito...with a nice cup of hot coffee...later, I will post some of the dishes I like to cook since the holidays are looming and that's when we whip up some fine Mexican dishes for the holidays.
Sep 4, 2011 3:47 PM

Apr 2011
I had eggs with peppers, tomatoes, onions, and franks red hot sauce. I also had with some fresh raspberries

@Cebollita
That does sound delicious

Lumikki said:
I'm thinking of making a pizza tomorrow, but I don't what ingredients I should use. I have some chili flavoured tuna, canned pineapple and oregano, but what else? Any recommendations, please?

If you use the chili flavor tuna, you might want to try using cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella.
Sep 4, 2011 8:23 PM

Feb 2009
i just made spaghetti and it was mediocre lol. and made some garlic bread out of a box to go with it.
Sep 20, 2011 8:06 AM

Jan 2010
Going to make rotisserie chicken tonight, found a yummy marinade recipe.

Honey Mustard Chicken

Ingredients

1 (4 pound) whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
3 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons apricot jam

Directions

Sprinkle chicken with paprika, pepper, and curry powder. Place in a roasting pan.
Combine mustard, honey, and jam in a small bowl. Pour over chicken, and marinate for 1 hour or overnight.
Sep 20, 2011 10:02 AM

Apr 2011
I hade cheddar and mozerella cheese melted on a rice tortilla. It was nice because I usually don't eat dairy.

@Himari

sounds good as always
Sep 21, 2011 3:19 AM

Aug 2010
@Himari

Sounds delicious as always. I bet yoyr children love your cookings!

I just ate two karjalanpiirakka pastries with some cheese at work (as usual).

Sep 21, 2011 7:34 AM

Jan 2010
@Lumikki

Thanks :D Well, I guess my oldest likes my cooking. But my youngest hates it. Say I don't cool anything he like. He's still at that picky stage.

I looked that pastries up, looks real good. What kind of cheese is in it?

@Lotus

Thanks, that's so cute!! :D I'm glad you got to eat dairy. I bet you loved it!
Sep 21, 2011 9:40 AM

Aug 2010
I used smoked cheese, like I put cheese on pastries and then put them to the microwave so the cheese melts all over. It's just my style of eating them.

Your youngest one will someday appreciate your cooking, I'm sure about that!

Sep 21, 2011 1:31 PM

Jan 2010
Anybody have a good pork chop recipe?
Sep 21, 2011 1:52 PM

Jan 2010
Going to make this, it's soooooooooo good!

Baked pork chops
Sep 27, 2011 6:10 PM

Aug 2011
haha well i got one for you guys, over the weekend i went to golden corral and ate nothing but chocolate stuff. i weight 245 in the mall right before, after i weighted in at the same place and was 253 lol

Oct 11, 2011 12:33 PM

Jan 2011
rollback *bump*

plus i had some of that same smoked gouda i mentioned before the rollback, but this time with some pastrami on rye along with some pop chips. not a shabby lunch. think i'll be lazy for dinner though
Oct 11, 2011 2:05 PM

Sep 2009
I just finished eating these

35a8w2e.png

they're not in perfect shape because they made a ~1000 km travel by plane, hidden somewhere in my friend's bag. He came back today from a trip to Sicily, where his parents live.
These cuties are called "cassatella" or "cassatina" (=small "cassata"). The base is a thin layer of génoise cake, in the middle there's a sort of solid cream made with ricotta and tiny chocolate pieces, the covering is another thin layer of almond paste covered with solidified sugar. The red thing on top is a candied friut. Usually they're larger, but this is what i got and trust me i'm sooooo happy anyway ^w^
I don't like sweets, but this is my favourite "cake". It's incredibly sweet and... it's so difficult to describe, you should really try it. The best are from Catania (white sugar coating) and Palermo (green sugar coating) and must be handmade.
They easily expire because of the ricotta and in summer they cannot survive a 2 hours flight. I was able to carry 3 of them once because a guy at the shop placed them in a small polystyrene box filled with dry ice. I was shocked :D

(looks like bbcode is really not working, i read something like that somewhere. I used a small picture but if someone could explain me how to use spoiler tags without bbcode i would edit the message and include them. If posting the picture without spoiler is forbidden just tell me and i will remove it. Sorry for the inconvenience)
Megpoid-CowardlyMontblancsigsecond05defs
Art by: akka
Oct 11, 2011 3:42 PM

Apr 2011
Those look and sound delicious. Don't worry about the spoiler. It's not even a very big picture.
Oct 11, 2011 8:49 PM

May 2011
I made some italian chicken this weekend that was absolutely fabulous.
Chicken breast, onion &amp; garlic powder, a bit of parsley, some bread crumbs and tomato sauce, all baked together for about 45 minutes, served with penne pasta.
Less than $3 per person, and I would say nearly restaurant quality. The chicken was juicy and flavorful, and we had some bread with garlic butter also.
Oct 12, 2011 4:50 AM

Jan 2010
Made chicken rotisserie the other day, it was SO good!

Roast Sticky Chicken-Rotisserie Style
Ready In: 9 Hours 10 Minutes
Servings: 8
"Ever wish you could get that restaurant style rotisserie chicken at home? Well, with minimal preparation and about 5 hours cooking time (great for the weekends!) you can! These chickens are rubbed with a spice mixture, and slow roasted in the oven for 5 hours."
Ingredients:
4 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 onions, quartered
2 (4 pound) whole chickens
Directions:
1. In a small bowl, mix together salt, paprika, onion powder, thyme, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder. Remove and discard giblets from chicken. Rinse chicken cavity, and pat dry with paper towel. Rub each chicken inside and out with spice mixture. Place 1 onion into the cavity of each chicken. Place chickens in a resealable bag or double wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight, or at least 4 to 6 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
3. Place chickens in a roasting pan. Bake uncovered for 5 hours, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C). Let the chickens stand for 10 minutes before carving.
Oct 13, 2011 6:38 PM

Aug 2011
heres a good meal, i had 3 steak xxl stuffed burritos from taco bell for lunch. i fell asleep early yesterday and only had a protein shake for breakfast so i went like 20 something hours without solid food...it was awesome, ate all of them in maybe 8 mins

Oct 14, 2011 2:20 AM

Sep 2009
@RJEzrilou &amp; Himari_Chan chicken is so popular! I love it :) i'm not a fan of garlic though, onion is much better for me. It's nice to read how you prepare it since it's new to me, because we do everything in a different way. Almost every dish here revolves around "Mirepoix" (sorry here, i don't know how "soffritto" is called in english, and the english wiki uses that french word so i don't really know how to call it ;_;).
I can hardly think of a traditional italian dish that doesn't use mirepoix, besides maybe some fish soups. Every pasta sauce, beef, fish, "risotto" (rice cooked in a peculiar way) and even most soups start with lightly frying onion/garlic in olive oil and then adding ingredients, so the taste of your dishes must be new to me and i'm quite interested :)

@GregRocks might sound strange coming from me, but when i'm in a real hurry i sometimes think "how wonderful would it be if i could just blend my food into a smoothie and drink it" :D
...and i love tacos :3
Oct 14, 2011 7:07 AM

Aug 2011
haha its nowhere near was satisfying. i had to do that for awhile bc my wisdom teeth and sucked lol

Oct 14, 2011 12:23 PM

Jan 2011
it took me forever to actually have my lunch today i was so busy, but had a Wendy's Chili and Baked Potato. not bad as far as fast food is concerned.

and note to nvb, i saw your comment on the front page about a tea thread...you should just post in here. anything ingestable applies. we've had plenty of tea talk here :D
Oct 14, 2011 12:50 PM

Aug 2010
Speaking of tea, I just drank a cup of white vanilla flavoured pearl tea.
I just love Forsman Tee - tea shop. They have quite a good collection of different tea types:
http://www.forsmantee.fi/english/index.php
http://www.forsman.ru/russian.htm ; better version and much more variety of teas. I love to browse that site and dream about those teas.

Oct 14, 2011 2:21 PM

Sep 2009
@ aww that sucks. I had two of mine removed too but i had to eat liquid cold things for just 1-2 days.

@billmurderface i was the one talking with nvbft90 about a drinks topic :) we will use this then!

@Lumikki the second version has indeed more varieties but i can't read russian nor finnish :(

I'm drinking chamomille right now. It's nothing special, just the common thing you can buy at supermarkets. At least i'm not picky with chamomille xD
Oct 14, 2011 2:25 PM

Aug 2011
haha yeah, i had to for 4-5 days i think. i lost 12 pounds bc it

Oct 14, 2011 3:36 PM

Apr 2011
My mom made a dairy-free, sugar-free pumpkin pie. It was actually very tasty.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (35) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Hi!I am... :) ~ Introductions ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Mar 12, 2011

5705 by tamilanime »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.