Forum Settings
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 21, 2011 2:37 PM

Jul 2010
There hasn't really been a volume discussion for this series so I might as well make one to stir up responses.

The first book is overall very good. I saw the anime first but I overall enjoyed the book more :D Haruhi antics, Kyon suffering, Mikuru cuteness. All's right with the world XP

And so its begins.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Aug 5, 2019 2:18 PM
Mar 2018
Read this volume right after finishing all of the Haruhi anime (Disappearance included). One thing I noticed in this volume, is how vaguely but surely the author implies the romance between Kyon and Haruhi. Examples of this is for instance when Haruhi wanted to change to a costume after witnessing how Kyon and Asahina were fooling around in the club room, or when they were drawing lots and Haruhi was pissed that she never ended up with Kyon. It is really cute, and also a brilliant way of setting up future books.

Looking forward to reading more of the Haruhi series, and I hope the author comes around to finish this series at some point.
Jul 22, 2021 8:40 PM

Dec 2008
I was never a huge Haruhi fan but I did watch it. It's amazing how well I remembered the different characters and plot from when I watched it so long ago. The book is quite good. I think having Kyon as the narrator really adds to the story.

I thought it was a stand alone novel for some reason, but nope, part of a series, and an incomplete one at that. I am interested enough I may check out the others later.

More topics from this board

» New Haruhi novel announced

Pitto_ - Sep 24, 2023

16 by infamousHeroic »»
May 3, 9:51 AM

» Intuition Thoughts/Opinions

Sosbrigade_123 - Jun 24, 2021

6 by anizawa89 »»
Jan 21, 11:25 AM

» Can I mark this series complete after Intuition?

ProsjektAero - Jun 2, 2023

5 by abystoma2 »»
Sep 2, 2023 11:51 AM

Poll: » Best light novel in the series?

EnduringInsanity - Apr 24, 2013

11 by removed-user »»
Mar 14, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Suzumiya Haruhi Series Chapter 41 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Feb 20, 2023

1 by AnimeIsWrong »»
Feb 25, 2023 11:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.