Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 23, 2008 11:59 PM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
WTF why does hitler make an appearance!?!?

HAHAH... well considering Ergo Proxy, there must be a deep meaning for having a hitler looking guy that acted that way toward Mayer.

Wow this some deep shit right here....

That is one twist i didn't expect to happen until the very last second.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Sep 9, 2008 9:21 PM

Sep 2008
I don't understand!!
Oct 22, 2008 10:08 PM

Jan 2008
I have no idea what's going on.
Nov 9, 2008 11:33 AM

Oct 2008
I need some answers too...
Nov 11, 2008 12:48 AM

Jan 2008
Awesome episode. Loved every minute of it. Sad that it's getting close to the end!
Dec 16, 2008 9:56 AM

Aug 2008
Wow, I couldn't tell if that was a dream or what till halfway through. They jumped back to Ramdou really quickly, amid chaos.
Jan 20, 2009 4:38 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was terribly confusing.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 28, 2009 3:25 AM

Jun 2008
It took me a time to know what's going on.
Jun 1, 2009 5:01 PM
May 2009
sooo ... Monad is a female ? if so - she was ugly :<
Jun 3, 2009 11:49 AM

Dec 2008
so proxy one is the union of vincent and ergo proxy? well thats confusing and totally unexpected.

anciah said:
sooo ... Monad is a female ? if so - she was ugly :<

thats a mask she's wearing. just like ergo proxy's mask, and senekis'.
Jun 22, 2009 9:20 AM
Dec 2008
like entire season : mixed and troublesome to understand what's happening
Oct 7, 2009 7:38 AM

Aug 2008
Hitler in my anime~
Nov 16, 2009 6:30 AM

Aug 2009
Lol Hitler o_O
Nov 22, 2009 8:46 AM

Aug 2009
Wow! Pino and Ergo Proxy are in danger.

Oh, and Iggy's voice has changed (in Japanese).
Jan 27, 2010 2:57 PM
Jan 2010
Iggy??? I think that its other entourage of the same model than Iggy. cause Iggy was destructed in ep 13...

LOL, my head is spinning after watch eps 18 - 21 ...
Feb 17, 2010 5:03 PM

Jan 2010
Damn, it was hard episode. Need answers, this episode was annoying.
Apr 4, 2010 9:55 AM
Sep 2009
Holy crap, that ending... I did NOT expect that on the third-to-last episode.
May 7, 2010 3:27 AM

Mar 2009
Haha Hitler guy made me laugh a lot lol.
That episode is so complicated. I didnt understand a single shit. have no idea whats goin on but still nice ep.
May 12, 2010 10:09 AM

Jul 2009
While the episode was confusing at first it was clear that some time had passed since the end of the last episode with both Vincent and Re-l entering Romdeau. Why Vincent seems to be permanently Ergo Proxy is unclear but I think that both the original and 'new' Re-l are related to Monad somehow since Ergo Proxy seems to 'love' Monad and Vincent is in love with Re-l. The end of the episode seems to indicate that Ergo Proxy created Romdeau and its inhabitants somehow but Re-l's grandfather didn't know his Raison d'etre. It also seems Raul wants to achieve his goal of destroying everything by killing the 'Creator' - Ergo Proxy.
May 23, 2010 2:48 PM

Mar 2010
this episode was a dream from pino...
but i think, there is much reallity in it, isn't it?

hmmm...
the end is near comming~
i Love the very deep atmosphare in this Special Anime ^.^
can someone say me >one< Anime like Ergo Proxy?

i drink my red wine to this Anime ;o
Aug 25, 2010 2:42 PM

Dec 2008
Ranivus said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
WTF why does hitler make an appearance!?!?

HAHAH... well considering Ergo Proxy, there must be a deep meaning for having a hitler looking guy that acted that way toward Mayer.

Wow this some deep shit right here....

That is one twist i didn't expect to happen until the very last second.

^ +1
Nov 6, 2010 2:47 PM

Aug 2010
What an action packed episode! Vincent actually the creator.
Nov 13, 2010 2:05 AM
Jun 2008
............Wtf this episode.
Dec 7, 2010 2:40 AM

Oct 2009
WHAT IN THE FUCKING WORLD??????!
Dec 27, 2010 3:57 AM

Dec 2010
Now we're getting somewhere!

Also, is it just me or is there a bunch of implied boy-love between the Prince and Raul?

It must just be me.......
Feb 7, 2011 2:55 AM

Apr 2009
Reading the earlier posts, it seems everybody watching this episode was dropped in the middle of everything without a hint of anything beforehand! LOL Gotta love this series...
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 2, 2011 4:39 PM
Jul 2009
Okay? ^^ Strange as always. Wonder what will happen now.
May 20, 2011 3:23 PM
Jan 2010
That new young Re-l lookes hot :p Anyway this is getting very interesting :) To bad it is almost the end of the series :(
Dec 30, 2011 10:58 PM

Nov 2011
reiijou said:
Now we're getting somewhere!

Also, is it just me or is there a bunch of implied boy-love between the Prince and Raul?

It must just be me.......

You mean Daedalus? If yes, I think so.
Dec 30, 2011 11:00 PM

Nov 2011
It wasn't that confusing to me, although I wonder how Romdo got in that state. I think we knew that Re-L was going to use that bullet on Vincent at some point. Raul Creed went crazy. I didn't know who Re-L's grandfather was until this episode. That's some strange stuff going on there. :)
Mar 4, 2012 6:03 PM
Oct 2009
HMMM

I REALLY HOPE MONET IS NOT REAL AND RAUL WINS
Mar 30, 2012 8:13 PM

Mar 2012
Geez...There was just some time shift, yeah the plot shift fowards but you can deduce it pretty easily. Please don't watch ergo proxy if you're young..
The group return to remdaou, pino is told to be a good girl and wait inside the rabbit. Upon vincent and rel entering, vincent changed to proxy and went missing. Probably related, autoraves all around started to be infected(probably due to ergo proxy). Rel wanders around trying to find vincent, only to keep seeing glimpses of his other self-proxy. The whole system was turned upside down, citizens who relies on autoraves now become helpless as oppose to immigrants from mosque in red shirt, whose fighting the infected autoraves in hopes of getting citizenship for their dilgence...yet they're unaware the collapse of the system.
Proxy 1 is revealed to somehown be the creator of romdaue, the regent, the autraves, the procreating machines - yet regent profess that proxy have left them unguided. Raul creed already gone mad and just want to see the world burn - this is why earlier than this episode, he suggested the ADSW whatever project where the human-making system stop relying on proxies dna(or something), caused by his rage against 'god'/proxies to what happend to his family. The project failed, leading to citizen rate declining rapidly. At this point, the whole dome already fallen into chaos.
Fan of mature, dark, non-cutesy school uniformed choked fan service BS anime.
Oct 23, 2012 11:46 AM

May 2010
^
Very well said.
I admit the last scenes were pretty confusing and the one with other Re-L too.

And I lol'd when I saw the Hitler guy. XD

Great ep btw.
Oct 27, 2012 1:19 AM

Oct 2012
So raul killed the creator??? This Anime is so damn confusing
-------Only God will judge me --------

iSignature
Feb 3, 2013 4:39 AM

Jan 2012
2 episodes left and I got lost in the plot. So damn confusing.

Feb 24, 2013 11:22 PM

May 2012
You people are idiots, this isn't meta physics.
Mar 10, 2013 3:58 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Merril said:
Wow, I couldn't tell if that was a dream or what till halfway through. They jumped back to Ramdou really quickly, amid chaos.

Same here. I thought, maybe this is another one of those dreams? But...no. At this point, it doesn't seem like Romdo is going to survive. Raul has shot at Ergo Proxy, the creator of the city, and basically the last hope for their city to survive. Hm, I was wondering, what if Ergo Proxy just cut off his arm that's infected with the shot? Maybe he can still stay alive that way?
May 23, 2013 10:22 PM

Jan 2013
Ohh, that's horrible. Didn't expect everything to go down so poorly.
I couldn't help but think this would have been better if they kept it in chronological order without skipping any time.
That said, it's still 5/5
Jul 7, 2013 2:45 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
After the strangeness of seeing old Adolf himself make a cameo, the episode actually pretty much moved a lot into place. The dependence on Auto-reivs (which are now infected by the Cogito virus) have made society in Romdo collapse. Ergo Proxy, who is the being responsible for creating Romdo, is blamed by the Regent and co. for abandoning them and Raul just wants to kill Proxy and break free of his construct. We've seen how in different cities, proxies have established societies along their own strange lines.

The only missing pieces are what happened to Proxy in the inmediate past. Why did he leave Romdo and how did he lose his memory? And how does Monad play into all of this?

I'm assuming the other Re-L is a clone of the same genetic stock as Real. She maybe is a replacement for when Re-L went AWOL or when the Regent ordered her killed.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 14, 2013 4:52 PM
Jan 2011
Marzan said:
The dependence on Auto-reivs (which are now infected by the Cogito virus) have made society in Romdo collapse. Ergo Proxy, who is the being responsible for creating Romdo, is blamed by the Regent and co. for abandoning them and Raul just wants to kill Proxy and break free of his construct. We've seen how in different cities, proxies have established societies along their own strange lines.

Exactly.
Reacting to previous comments, i dont think Raul went insane or wants to destroy everything. He wants to break the dependency no matter what cost.

Here are my attempts to clear out the story:
- Vincent (Ergo Proxy) is Romdo's creator (Regent calls him as such)
- Womb System wasnt working because Creator was not around.
- Raul wanted to change humans so they wouldnt need proxy. = ADW project.
- ADW project was failure. 90% mortality rate. (Im guessing the insane bureaucrat was showing unhealthy symptoms of this)
- Daedalus knew it would be failure, still went ahead wit the project (in my opinion he didnt give it much of an effort)
- Raul fired the Rupture because he couldnt stand that 'they were defeated' (says Daedalus, kill me if you want im still clueless)
- Raul didnt try to kill Re-L, it was Regent (in earlier episodes, Raul already revealed that fact but not directy, now Daedalus tells Re-L)
- the white Re-L appears to like(love) Vincento, my guess is she is Monado who Daedalus transferred from her old body (or cloned or whatever).

Vincent/Ergo/Creator came back to Romdo 3 times:
- as an immigrant from Mosk
- once when he stole Monado from Mosk
- now from the journey

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Daedalus:
- its also clear Daedalus knew the whole story about Monado. Already in ep11 he says that he doesnt need Re-L to be with him, all he needs is her existence. Back then it was ambiguous, but he was also conducting some kind of an experiment. If you remember he needed power for something so he was taking it from Romdo in short intervals that he times to his ID in amount of seconds to post a message to Raul. What he needed was Rauls authority to get him reinstated and cover his back so he can focus on what he needs to do.
He also said that nobody except for him (and Re-L) knew there were two proxies. Mentioned even before as Daedalus and Re-L's shared secret. One was Ergo while the second one was Monado who he was hiding. He planned to clone her the whole time.

That brings me to the idea, that he never liked/loved Re-L to begin with. He had feelings (or his analogy of feelings) for Monado and Re-L we know was already a clone of her. The connection between Monad and Re-L is too clear as it has been pointed out. Monad+Ergo, Re-L+Vincento.

Another interesting fact:
During the scene, where Vincent is killing Re-L's grandfather, for some reason, his emotional state rapidly changes.
- he begins with a laughter full of lust like "ill finally get you"
- suddenly he shows uncertainty over his actions
- then he look saddened and dreamy, like he is suddenly contemplating about what he is doing, while showing disgust like he has no other choice
- then he shows determination over his choice (which is not clear) but he looks like it is not really his intention
and finally, he looks terribly sad like he realized he is powerless and is regretting the whole thing
- then he throws the old man away (looks like he is dead)

There is still the possibility that it wasnt Vincent but Proxy One. Who knows how many times did we confuse the two. In fact the description of Proxy One as 'crying a lot' makes me think that... it was plenty times...

Id like to point out a little parallel between autoreivs and humans. Humans are dependent on Proxies. Without Proxies humans are clueless and lose their raison d'être. The same relationship exists between humans and autoreivs.

Ive got a feeling there is also parallel between the Cogito and Creator's pain.
Autoreiv infected by Cofigo virus gains soul and dependency and starts to seek his reason to live. It breaks his dependency on his human master.
People use autoreivs and are overly dependent on them. This dependance is dangerous and unnecessary as the Hitler guy explains in this episode. Thus widespread outbreak of Cogito wreaks havoc in society where autoreivs mean so much importance.

Comparing this to the ep19, the creator was complaining that his story doesnt turn out as he wants because the roles he assignes are played differently by characters that act on theor own. Do you see the similarity with Cogito?

The same could be said about Proxies in general. They create, give their all to their creation - in fact they give too much. Their creation acts on their own and they are saddened and no longer want to look at their failed product so they leave.
sspitJul 14, 2013 5:31 PM
Aug 18, 2013 9:17 AM

Jun 2012
Things are starting to get really interesting! I can't wait to see how this all turns out in the end.

It seems Raul has completely lost his mind, judging by his psychotic stare and the maniacal laugh at the end. I wonder what he's scheming.

I'm also surprised that Re-l showed so much emotion at the death of her grandfather. I had always assumed that they weren't on the best terms, but I guess in the end family is family and it's sad either way.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Oct 26, 2013 6:57 AM

Jan 2012
umm okay... wut?!
Nov 5, 2013 3:17 PM

Nov 2009
I thought that Re-l was the one who shot vincent(?) . . . Too be honest he looked cooler wearing that weird joker's mask.
Nov 10, 2013 11:20 PM

Oct 2013
Saw hitler and was all 'omg lets go post about this in the forums' an then so many other ppl have :((((((((((((9

enkil said:
so proxy one is the union of vincent and ergo proxy? well thats confusing and totally unexoected

thank you so much for this insight <3
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 1, 2013 8:24 PM

Nov 2013
I would wanna bathe in a planet of shampoo

Jan 3, 2014 7:33 PM

Mar 2012
Hitler got another appearance lol, so did weird haircut gut
Apr 10, 2014 5:27 PM

Mar 2014
Whoa! that was unexpected!
Re-l's grandfather killed?
Vincent, shot?
Seems like the finale has started a bit early, here... How are they going to fill another two episodes?! o_O
::End of Transmission::

May 22, 2014 4:06 AM

Oct 2013
vigorousjammer said:
Whoa! that was unexpected!
Seems like the finale has started a bit early, here... How are they going to fill another two episodes?! o_O
We will see.

Oct 16, 2014 9:01 PM
Sep 2014
I don't understand why Re-l is even concerned about her grandfather there at the end, considering he never did anything for her, and on top of that ordered an attack on her
Jan 12, 2015 5:46 AM

Jun 2013
Yet another confusing episode. 2 episodes left, I wonder what will happen.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xel - May 31, 2008

94 by RGreatDanton »»
Yesterday, 9:42 PM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xel - May 29, 2008

105 by RGreatDanton »»
Yesterday, 12:36 PM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

xel - May 28, 2008

152 by RGreatDanton »»
Yesterday, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Why do people seem to not like Ergo Proxy?

TheGuiltMan - Nov 28, 2020

41 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 30, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

78 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 10:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.