Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 5, 2019 3:36 AM
Jan 2017
really i still not understand why shiki not kill the man, and what her desease,, And who's the true killer..
but its still good anime
Dec 30, 2019 11:36 AM

Apr 2013
Damn, what a boring second part. First part was much better. This one seemed quite edgy with explaining basically nothing that happened and trying to be deep. Meh...
Mar 4, 2020 7:58 AM
Sep 2019
Gator said:
Damn, what a boring second part. First part was much better. This one seemed quite edgy with explaining basically nothing that happened and trying to be deep. Meh...

Oh I thought it was me, but I really struggled to keep my eyes open while watching this. The first movie was a bit better, still I was not in awe. But I gave it the benefit of the doubt, as each movie is part of a bigger story, so you shouldn't really judge until you see the end. But I do not feel particularly interested in keep on watching this. The main characters are moody, uninteresting or annoying (or a mix of these), especially the male lead with his very questionable actions. Murders is generally a good topic for a mystery show, but here it is drowned in the slow and repetitive and ultimately empty talking. The whole experience gives out a pretentious vibe.
May 4, 2020 11:16 PM

Dec 2019
Okay that was kinda boring tbh but at least the plot looks kinda interesting to keep me going, but what the fuck was that ending tho ? she said she wants to kill him then they go ahead and timeskip 2 years a head while she is in the fking hospital, like what the fuck dude ???!
                                                         🖤   

Aug 14, 2020 3:49 PM
Oct 2016
the guy is just as guilty as shiki for not stopping her beforehand, and she should have turned herself in when she realized what she was doing
Aug 25, 2020 2:45 PM

Sep 2018
Damn, Kokutou may well win the award for biggest simp in anime. That, or he's just unbelievably delusional. Aside from that, though, he was definitely the weakest part of this movie - his personality was incredibly bland and uninteresting, and his character design was equally so.
Aug 29, 2020 7:32 AM

Sep 2017
Damn, The Joji Nakata voice over at the end was pure ASMR for pleasure.
Sexyyyyyy.

Kokuto being a dense MC like always. He fucking says the L word like it was nothing. No wonder Shiki wanted to kill him.
I liked SHIKI for being so straightforward.

And of course, People die when they stalk a yandere's house.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 17, 2020 11:30 AM

May 2020
Good episode. How they talk are really best feel. Music is incredible good instrument. The whole show is enjoyable. 7/10
Oct 14, 2020 12:14 PM
Nov 2019
That was better than the first movie, but it's still not that good.

6.5/10
Momokiki20Oct 19, 2020 1:31 PM
Nov 13, 2020 1:43 AM

Oct 2013
This movie gave me MAD Grisaia flashbacks.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 31, 2020 6:25 AM

May 2020
Kokuto is a huge simp lol. Was an okay movie, kinda liked the first one more tho
Jan 3, 2021 2:47 PM

Dec 2014
Liked this way more that the first, I really liked how they represent Shiki's personalities as Shiki and SHIKI. More insight into her character and circumstance is great.

Cliffhanger end but I believe this one continues in a future movie?

8/10
Jan 25, 2021 8:15 AM

Jul 2019
slightly better than first movie which i didnt understand a single thing but the point is im still struggling to find anything special about this series yet. yes this and that happens but whats the point? maybe too early too judge hopefully the next movies answers my questions
Jun 12, 2021 10:11 AM

Aug 2018
Completely inscrutable shit. I’d turn that psycho in, in a heartbeat. As Lash LeRew us to say: No dogs, no drunks, no crazy broads.

5/10 and that’s only for the animation and atmosphere.
Jul 25, 2021 11:52 AM
Feb 2021
I think the plot is not good. Nothing worthwhile is conveyed in this movie. It doesn't answer any questions we may have after watching the first movie. It does not complete any arc of a story on its own.
The movie is basically a severed piece from the overall story that was not cut where it was meant to be.
While this is OK for 23 min episodes series, it is not fitting for a movie.
Jul 27, 2021 9:19 PM

Oct 2020
eliecher said:
I think the plot is not good. Nothing worthwhile is conveyed in this movie. It doesn't answer any questions we may have after watching the first movie. It does not complete any arc of a story on its own.
The movie is basically a severed piece from the overall story that was not cut where it was meant to be.
Keep watching. Everything will be answered , After all this movie was just part 1.
Jul 27, 2021 9:26 PM
Feb 2021
Ikkun_ said:
eliecher said:
Keep watching. Everything will be answered , After all this movie was just part 1.

That I understand. I am saying such formats are good for a 23 min episodes series not for movies. It's just like avengers infinity war. Though it was much loved, the main critique it received was the same as my critique of this movie. Also it was part 2.
Jan 4, 2022 6:27 PM

May 2020
Seems like this is chronologically the first part, so it'd make sense the events in this movie doesn't start right after that first one.

Was more or less same for me as the first one, though would be interesting to see more of that split personality thing they were talking about. Though this opinion of mine may well change later on as we are still in initial phase.
Feb 9, 2022 9:01 AM

May 2020
Man, their school has some really liberal clothing policies don't they ?

As for the movie itself, I felt it was weaker than the first movie. Chronologically, this is the first movie and is supposed to give us a solid foundation about the world that the characters inhabit but I came away feeling like I knew even less than I did after the first movie. Also didn't really care for Shiki and Kokuto's relationship, since it just feels like Kokuto being a creep for most of the movie. Also didn't care for the music or the very long pauses throughout the movie. Building atmosphere it might but it also saves on the actual animating and also makes a movie with 20 minutes of actual content into an hour bore-fest.

On to the sequel.
Feb 17, 2022 5:52 AM
May 2021
This one was backstory about Shiki and kokuto and this part has no action but it is actually better than part 1.
May 12, 2022 6:47 PM

Dec 2021
crazy how this is the only time i've dropped a movie lmfao. got through 30 minutes and i just cant do it anymore

i cant fucking stand the pacing and its themes are empty af
good opinions on anything, block = I own you
Jun 17, 2022 3:36 PM

Nov 2014
I cannot understand why such incredible production values and artistry were wasted on adapting this trash. It's a dumb detective series dressed up in half-baked mystical nonsense, with the most pathetic simp creep self-insert male protag imaginable. Who the fuck takes this garbage seriously? How does this writer have a serious following? It seems like most of the recent thoughts posted in this thread are negative so hopefully that means people are waking up to how worthless this shit is, but I still cannot understand why there was a time when substantial numbers of people thought this was good.
Jun 18, 2022 5:07 PM
Sep 2020
OneMoreFinal said:
I cannot understand why such incredible production values and artistry were wasted on adapting this trash. It's a dumb detective series dressed up in half-baked mystical nonsense, with the most pathetic simp creep self-insert male protag imaginable. Who the fuck takes this garbage seriously? How does this writer have a serious following? It seems like most of the recent thoughts posted in this thread are negative so hopefully that means people are waking up to how worthless this shit is, but I still cannot understand why there was a time when substantial numbers of people thought this was good.
if you don't like complex stories then don't watch it you fucking moron, there are plenty of generic garbage show to your liking I'm sure.😒
Jun 19, 2022 7:39 AM

Nov 2014
koala12345 said:
if you don't like complex stories then don't watch it you fucking moron, there are plenty of generic garbage show to your liking I'm sure.😒

I didn't say anything about the complexity of the story though? It's funny how fans of this series are so quick to talk about how "deep" and "complex" it is, while at the same time demonstrating that they lack the intelligence to properly respond to any criticism of it. Kara no Kyoukai is a stupid person's idea of what a smart anime looks like.
Jun 24, 2022 11:38 PM

Jun 2020
I really like this movie better than the first one, but the quality of these so far are super impressive. I wasn't too sure how i felt about this series after watching the first movie, but this second movie has got me more excited about putting the peices of this story together 😯😯
Jun 24, 2022 11:58 PM
Nov 2020
Oh wow bro I'm a bit confused but at the same time I do understand what this chapter meant . It was nice growth of shiki's character
Jul 10, 2022 5:02 PM
Apr 2020
OneMoreFinal said:
crazy how this is better than any of the top series in mal
Jul 16, 2022 8:10 AM
Sep 2020
Aldrich1234 said:
OneMoreFinal said:
crazy how this is better than any of the top series in mal
right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🤣
Jul 16, 2022 8:24 AM
Sep 2020
OneMoreFinal said:
koala12345 said:

I didn't say anything about the complexity of the story though? It's funny how fans of this series are so quick to talk about how "deep" and "complex" it is, while at the same time demonstrating that they lack the intelligence to properly respond to any criticism of it. Kara no Kyoukai is a stupid person's idea of what a smart anime looks like.
yeah right have you seen your list recently some of your favourite shows don't show that much promise either, you talk big but empty words with no value by mal standards and it's so cold "reviews"😑
koala12345Jul 16, 2022 8:30 AM
Aug 12, 2022 3:02 PM

Jun 2020
goodgoodgoodgood
Jul 12, 2023 3:25 AM

Jan 2021
So we went into the past in this movie. I guess its 3 years ago from the first movie. We got to know about Shiki and of course SHIKI as well. So she has a split personality. Dont know what to say about this. It keeps getting interesting though. 
The visuals and sounds need a lot of praise. The design of all those decapitated bodies, the blood, the rain, the bamboo shots everything about this was stunningly beautiful.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jul 14, 2023 12:03 PM

Nov 2010
Do not stick your dick in crazy is only applicable in real life, but in Animeverse, it's okay. I know I would do the same thing as Mikiya!
This movie is not as interesting as the first. The story is straightforward, and the mystery of the murders is evident from the beginning.
Jul 16, 2023 11:01 PM

Aug 2019
Really interesting backstory between Shiki and Mikiya, i'm kinda happy they dedicated a movie for it because it seems there relationship runs really deep. Compared to the first one which was really super natural, this movie felt like a focus on backstory and character which i can appreciate.

Damn massive round of applause for Mikiya, finding out Shiki having another personality that had such heavy links to the gruesome murders, out right telling him she will murder but he still stayed loyal and took his shot for crazy is some gigchad shit. Hats of to him honestly.

Visually the movie was really good, i think i like Overlooking view's visuals more as well as the OST, but in it's own right this movie did a great job at expanding the characters more for a viewer. The series also does a pretty good job at keeping me intrigued and wanting to know more, i feel like it's balanced out answering some of my questions from the last movie, with creating new questions as well.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Can I watch this as a stand alone?

EfiChan - Apr 14, 2022

16 by 24846 »»
Apr 21, 2022 8:50 AM

» Why does Shiki go along with being the *spoilers*

ASimpleLotus - Apr 10, 2015

4 by waalex11 »»
May 8, 2020 5:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.