Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 15, 2011 12:30 PM
Jun 2008
m4rc0 said:
MorningGlory said:
its shit stench ,not star

Really, captain Obivous?
suppose to be a joke... the star did follow her from the toilet till the washing basin .
Jul 15, 2011 2:24 PM

Jun 2008
I never watched Utena, but this show is simply EPIC! i laughed a lot. so many crazy randomness and twists.
Cant wait for more!

Stars on the toilet...penguins with hidden cameras, loooooooooool.

I wonder what is penguidrum. Ringo, definitely surprised me!
Raven_Shinobi said:

It also caught my attention that the Penguin Hat always disposes of Shouma whenever stating her orders to the brothers

Im curious about that too!

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 15, 2011 3:01 PM

May 2009
All kinds of win in this episode. Extremely entertaining, the penguins are fun, Ringo is a bit creepy but I like her... I really liked the BGM playing during a few scenes.
Jul 15, 2011 3:16 PM

Jul 2010
the Penguins are halrious and sooo cute <3~ but this episode was wackey xD one brother was like "oh underwear is nothing" and the other is like "GAHHH!" haha

The stalker girl is kinda creepy ^ ^;; ---- Diary - future producing - Penguin Drum?
Jul 15, 2011 3:41 PM

Sep 2009
Orulyon said:
Raven_Shinobi said:
It also caught my attention that the Penguin Hat always disposes of Shouma whenever stating her orders to the brothers
Im curious about that too!
It's because Kanba is hot XD

That was just one hell of an interesting episode. The penguins are so darn adorable!! Me wants the one with the bow X3
And who wouldn't stalk a dude voiced by Ishida Akira <3
Anyho, Ringo is such a creepy stalker but a fun one nonetheless.
Wonder what the penguin drum actually is.

And and I should watch Utena.
Jul 15, 2011 4:01 PM

Aug 2009
Ahaha, those penguins are the best.
Jul 15, 2011 6:05 PM

Apr 2008
I love how this show isn't afraid to use color. Ikuhara + Penguins = Must. Watch.
Jul 15, 2011 7:40 PM

Jun 2008
hinode said:
so funny ....all the scenes with the penguins....they are so cute and i don't think the show is so random, if this is random what are you gonna call Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei? it's just that we don't know the plot yet, but we'll have to be patience. the show it's awesome, can't wait for more.

Anything with penguins is funny.

For myself, again this episode is leaving me a big confused because things are still up in the air about the true intentions of the series.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jul 15, 2011 7:54 PM

Apr 2008
creepy stalker girl, at least there was no incest this time
penguins and bishie brother make the world a batter place

also, what!? hoshino lily is in charge of art? no wonder i absolutely love it
Jul 15, 2011 8:06 PM

Oct 2010
This episode took a weird turn into a item search at the expenses of Himari's life on the line. Ringo is adorable in the following,

that is the most mesmerizing part of her while she was under the place where Tabuki's place. We are given quite the intro about Ringo with a a pink toilet bowl that has buttons to activate its functions and Ringo being in the bathroom while I did do a WTF @ the stars coming out from the bowl. Does it mean that Ringo's shit smells like stars? Of course not but I don't know what else to think of the stars coming out from the bowl and I am also perplexed by Ringo's handbag. Its composition certainly shows a liking to the marine life. Ringo's face kind of reminds of a certain person but not quite sure which one. Ringo has a breast complex according to the following spoiler
that also shows some bra fan service. Definitely the whole fate aspect and things not being pointless is a nice metaphor of one's action in a given world are not pointless as one may seem to think. There is meaning in them and what they do shape up fate. IMO Ringo is insane to take such a risk as this that involves her almost getting killed just to take a wasp nest on the side of the building. Wow that is pretty wild but I still liked her face in the spoiler
when she took a picture of it with her cellphone which reminds me that it must be pretty good cellphone to take a good quality pic. I find Ringo's fan service in the spoiler
to be pretty acceptable.

Seems like things really get explained with Ringo's happy face here when she shows the picture to Tabuki. Here is the scary part of Ringo in the spoiler
noticed the faces she made while before here face was quite happy?
Well that is because there is a mischievous part about her. It seems that part is stalking the teacher as is seen here and the funny thing is that Ringo as a stalker is being stalked by Shouma/Kanba here. the end result is that she actually goes as far as Tabuki's place through sneaking in the ventilation duct. All she does really is going under Tabuki's place laying down and listening to what he is listening while
he looks pretty happy in listening to it. In the end we find out that she is so crazy about Tabuki that she has a diary of his behavior at home in the spoiler
whom the diary does have cute aspects of it. Point is that the Penguin Drum can be a item that is only acquired through solving Ringo's problem. The survival game IMO may be related to helping people through their problems and only then the item appears. It could be going towards a SketDance formula of helping people while getting the items that the possessed Himari asks for. At this point it's hard to assume anything even for me. All we know of Ringo is that she has a teacher complex.

About the penguins, they were the best this episode. Their most funny in the following with the underwear,

now that was hilarious. Here is my list in regards to why are they perverted.
  • Squeezing through people in the metro and touching a teenage girl's ass in the spoiler
    now that was perhaps not wanted but it was the start.

• The Ringo observation is the best example that it got worse for the penguins in the perversion area. While Ringo was nicely day dreaming #1 goes under her and forces spreads her legs in the spoiler
    poor Ringo's expression when it happens but since she can't see them then all of this sure surprised her. I did feel bad for the penguin around that part since he got squeezed hard enough to get stuck there.

• #2 looking in between Ringo's legs and #1 looking in between the other girl's legs in the spoiler
    is exactly the part that shows how #1 influenced #2 into panties perversion. However it was cute to see #2 eating the girl's stuff here.

• Looking in between Ringo's legs at her panties in the spoiler
    continues the trend that both penguins are totally perverted now. Even though I liked seeing them peeking at what Ringo does with her phone.

• Finally the underwear store part in the spoiler
    tells the last part of their obsession with lingerie and its perversion. I still found them funny just with them walking. I find that the hat here was hilarious just from where it was but I do wonder how the heck it go on Himari suddenly.
So in the end we learn that the penguins make stuff they wear or around them invisible as soon as they are in contact with it and that they got perverted. I still liked them with #1 having all that stuff on him and I ROFL at #2 spraying the show of that girl with odor cleaner. That itself means more than anything that the girl does not clean herself properly or the penguin thinks of her as a dirty slut.

About Shouma/Kanba, Shouma got into a lot trouble with that girl accusing him of touching her ass while it was the penguin really and Shouma from the looks of his face is having trouble handling the case. Until Kanba comes to the rescue with his in the spoiler
and boy did I ROFL @ the girl's face totally being charmed by Kanba's act. Looks like this proves beyond doubt that Kanba is a playboy himself. I have lots of respect for Kanba in knowing a girl that hacked for him the files of the school in regards to getting information about Ringo. In fact as I mentioned before that friend of Ringo got a second charmed face here while talking with her other friend about Kanba. As they saw the lingerie store, EPIC face of Kanba/Shouma in the spoiler
that was hilarious as ever.

About Himari, I find her rather adorable in her room here. She was cute indeed and her MOE does not stop. Strangely enough as Himari is reading the magazine here, the blonde girl looks familiar from the OP. I found Himari the best in the spoiler
as her the penguin staying with her was doing the hairs of a wig and Himari's expression as the hangup came was priceless.

Some elements noticed,
  • Did anyone catch the groping get you arrested sign in the spoiler
    it was a rather direct message to remind people that it's wrong. Interesting enough it got featured in the anime.

• I find the saving on costs of drawing people with the way those are shown in the spoiler
    to be totally brilliant! It was great they do that so they can concentrate better on the more crucial elements.

BTW I love the ED art in the spoiler
looks rather sexy.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 15, 2011 8:19 PM

Jan 2011
More musing about fate--this time from Ringo. I wonder if avoiding the sister's fate means that Ringo's fate will change as well? Excellent series...I anticipate a wild ride.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 15, 2011 10:58 PM

Sep 2007
Lolz the episode sure made a dramatic turn at the end. Who knew Ringo was such an obsessive stalker. Inb4yandere. I also want one of those damn prinnys.
Jul 15, 2011 11:31 PM

Oct 2010
Wasabi said:
Inb4yandere. I also want one of those damn prinnys.
Meh, :/ I would prefer to get me one of those perverted penguins that cannot be seen by anyone but me.

Jul 16, 2011 12:58 AM

Jan 2011
What are people so surprised about? In real life if you die then put on a penguin hat and yell "Survival strategy!" the same thing will happen nobody has tried it yet?
[center]
Jul 16, 2011 1:04 AM

Sep 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
Wasabi said:
Meh, :/ I would prefer to get me one of those perverted penguins that cannot be seen by anyone but me.

Woosh
Jul 16, 2011 1:54 AM

Jan 2011
dbaranyi said:
This was another totally brilliant episode! It appears that we have a very black comedy on our hands here.

It's interesting, the penguin hat was less confident this time. Maybe there is more of Himari in it than we first thought.

BTW - I'm betting that the red-haired and blue-haired dancers in the ending animation are the brothers.

This series looks to be the best of the season!!!

I think the two girls are "double H" the girls you see in a advertisement on the train and in a magazine Himari is reading.
[center]
Jul 16, 2011 1:55 AM

Jan 2011
I hope they don't pretend like Kanba kissing Himari in ep one didn't happen -_- I WANNA KNOW IF INCEST WINCEST IS HAPPENING <3
[center]
Jul 16, 2011 3:16 AM

Oct 2009
VioLink said:
I hope they don't pretend like Kanba kissing Himari in ep one didn't happen -_- I WANNA KNOW IF INCEST WINCEST IS HAPPENING <3

They gonna get to that later I suppose. It's probably Kanba X Penguin Girl though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2011 3:37 AM

Jun 2009
Ringo. <3
Well i didn't even plan on watching this show, yet it's like one of best as for now this season.

Wasabi said:

+1

Also, there's Noto Mamiko here? Can't wait for her to actually appear.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 16, 2011 3:51 AM

Oct 2010
OrochiPL said:
Also, there's Noto Mamiko here? Can't wait for her to actually appear.
Apparently she shall be that Blondie princess of whom is one of 3 characters I want in. Like ASAP.

Jul 16, 2011 3:53 AM

Apr 2011
Was not expecting the stalker girl that's forsure. But I liked this episode :>

Full of the taste of love,
search everywhere for that place.

Jul 16, 2011 5:18 AM

Jun 2009
Episode 1:

Episode 2:
That poor cockroach just can't get a break, can it? Perhaps the penguinhat runs on necromancy? It seems to only wake up when something dies.

I'm starting to think that the spinning drum might be some sort of helix. Spinning = spiral, drum = cylinder, cylindrical spiral = helix. it seems like there are more single- and double-helices than are normal.
In that case, it would probably be DNA. Maybe all penguins are aliens and one of them went rogue and is now pretending to be human.

Also, the symmetry in the monologues is nice:
Episode 1:

Episode 2:

All the aquatic imagery around Ringo seems intentional. Maybe she really is a penguin.
Jul 16, 2011 6:52 AM

Sep 2008
Yanderish stalker Ringo = <33333333333333333
Jul 16, 2011 7:36 AM

Jul 2009
In this anime: messed up people.
Jul 16, 2011 9:27 AM

Jan 2011
Ringo is so incredibly creepy! I'm really confused about the Peguindrum ... at first I thought it might be the diary (like a Death Note for getting what you want ex. you write something down, it happens), but after reading Yumekichi's post I think the idea of the penguindrum being something non-physical makes sense. Hmm, a lot to think about! I have a full post about the episode here if you feel like checking it out. Also, those penguins are so hilarious, I can't wait until next week just because I want to see them again. XD
Jul 16, 2011 12:52 PM

Nov 2010
At first I was bothered by the stock footage(Survival Strategy Imagine scene from episode one) but by the end it turned out to be a pretty good episode. It should be fun to see how our stalker(Ringo) interacts with Himari's brothers.
Looking at posts on the Internet wouldn't bother me so much if people didn't also mix up he and she.
Jul 16, 2011 2:04 PM

Feb 2010
ahh this has such an awesome feel/atmosphere. my fave so far this season <33

Second episode delivered imo... I can't wait to know more about the Penguin Drum & miss stalker...
Jul 16, 2011 3:09 PM

Jul 2008
KyubeyMittens said:
At first I was bothered by the stock footage(Survival Strategy Imagine scene from episode one).

Me too. I didn't expect stock footage after one episode. I can understand using the same transformation (if that is what you can call it) sequence, but they even repeated the brothers' animation. The only thing different in that scene was the dialogue.

I like this show, but I am really curious as to how this can last 24 episodes. I expect a lot of aspects of the plot have yet to be revealed.
Jul 16, 2011 3:11 PM
Jul 2018
Now that was really something I wasn't expecting from that Ringo girl. It is just creepy. I hope she doesn't go madder than she is now and starts butchering people around that teacher.

I want one of those penguins too. They're useful. Cute. And a little perverted.

Anyway, it was a nice episode. Makes you want to see the next one.
Jul 16, 2011 3:16 PM
Jul 2018
I became to appreciate this episode and Ringo as a character more upon second viewing. I also appreciate that the fan-service was done in a tasteful manner.

Searching for clues in the OP, and seeing how Ringo's diary appeared a few times, it seems it will be pretty pivotal to the plot (the Penguindrum maybe, like some people speculated?) Also, the OP and display of a crow when he appeared foreshadow that there's more to the teacher than meets the eye, and he might not be a big softie like this episode suggested.

Excuse my Utena fangirlness, but I wish if they hired some voice talents that worked on Utena to voice a character or two. Kotono Mitsuish would've been perfect for the Juri look-alike or that blond lady.
Jul 16, 2011 4:45 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, that girl was creepy... It's always the "normal" quiet ones.

I think the Penguin Drum is probably the diary or the stamp.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jul 16, 2011 5:17 PM

Nov 2010
Mentioned in episode 1, producers don't hide this show is inspired by a classic novel "Ginga Tetsudou no Yoru (Milky Way Railroad)" written by Kenji Miyazawa. His name is heard from the scanner receiving 30GHz band (no way...) again. I don't like such a direct mention to other literary works, but there were similar anime; "Galaxy Express 999" and "Night on the Galactic Railroad" (the former is great). It seems Kenji had obsession to apples and he thought an apple is a mirrored image of the universe beyond 3D space; he only mentioned till 4D in the novel. And here comes Ringo (apple). As they have as many as 24 episodes, they may be going to introduce main characters for a while.
P.S.
It seems "kiga apple" in the OP means "penguin apple".
Jul 16, 2011 6:22 PM

Oct 2010
Amaya-no-Hime said:
I was thinking that too exactly among the possibilities.

Jul 16, 2011 8:11 PM

Jul 2010
Ringo - taking stalking to an extreme level. Her way of stalking is beyond creepy!
Jul 16, 2011 8:38 PM

Jun 2010
I'm not really sure whats going on or how this series is going to develop plot-wise, but the penguins are funny so I'll stick around mostly for the penguins.
Jul 16, 2011 9:53 PM

Jul 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Amaya-no-Hime said:
I was thinking that too exactly among the possibilities.

Agreed. Looks like one is able to "shape your (own) fate" with the diary and/or stamp.
Jul 17, 2011 7:07 AM

Jun 2010
The second episode wasn't that great as the first... But very funny. That diary must be the Penguin drum, unless something unexpected happens.
Jul 18, 2011 3:40 AM

Feb 2010
i must admit that penguins are really funny , i dislike most of comedy but this was fun.

also i dont understand people that said first episode was better , this was really good.

also could that diary be a... future diary? like the one's at mirai nikki?

yeah that scene at the end of first episode made me think that the show would be pure shit , but glad its not... for now.
Jul 18, 2011 6:15 PM

Mar 2009
Riga92 said:
I'm not really sure whats going on or how this series is going to develop plot-wise, but the penguins are funny so I'll stick around mostly for the penguins.

It seems like the series is going to be focused on fate as determined by the penguindrum VS. the circumvention of fate by the penguin hat. This is first symbolized when the penguin hat changes the fate of Himari by not only resurrecting her, but also eliminating her illness entirely.

The penguindrum predicts the end of the world (see the OP lyrics): something that the penguin hat is trying to avoid. It's possible that the penguin hat has come from the future (it says I come from the destination of your fate in the episode 1 transformation sequence) in order to put into motion the "survival strategy" to save the world.
Jul 18, 2011 6:24 PM

Feb 2010
I want one of this.

Jul 19, 2011 2:02 PM
Jul 2011
Yanderes, penguins, stalkers, and incest. I like this series.
Jul 19, 2011 3:31 PM
Dec 2007
Fantastic episode once again with sick direction, animation and characterization.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 21, 2011 7:52 AM

Jun 2008
Those penguins are awesome at their work.Best camera men ever.

Three lase? And i thought she was going nopan.

Btw, they really are disgusting living with cockroaches like that. Do something about that damn house of yours.How can they eat with a cockroach by their side?
MonadJul 22, 2011 8:36 AM
Jul 21, 2011 8:29 AM

Jan 2010
Monad said:

Three lase? And i thought she was going nopan.

Btw, they really are disgusting leaving with cockroaches like that. Do something about that damn house of yours.How can they eat with a cockroach by their side?

0_0 I hope it's not a coachroach.

Without a doubt, this is the weirdest series of the season. They always end on a weird note. From the incest in the first episode to the fact that the girl is a stalker. I can't wait to see how weird the next episode will be.
Jul 21, 2011 5:44 PM

Jul 2009
Everything is win. O Great Hat. Penguin cam. Creepy stalker.

SURVIVAL STRATEGY!
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jul 22, 2011 10:05 AM

Aug 2008
Well now, I'm still utterly confused and I don't think I've watched an episode that creepy since Madoka Magica. The penguins straddle the line between cute and annoying, but you can't deny how damn useful they are. I'm pretty sure having those things around would only me to partake in only the most depraved or internet perviness.

Other than me waxing on a bit more about the penguins I don't have much else to add. I don't know what the f*ck is going on! That Ringo girl appeared cute and normal enough right up until the point she starts scaling high, high, high ledges to get pictures of swallows' nests. Stop using a cell phone and get a real camera with zoom you crazy b*tch! Then it just gets dark and creepy when she camps out in the crawl space under he fully grown adult teacher's apartment. And I never saw it coming either. No dark, cliched evil face or anything really. This was all done so damn subtlely that it just smacks in the face before you know it.

OK! F*ck it! I'm interested now. Confused. Weirded out. But interested.

Jul 22, 2011 6:12 PM

Apr 2011
Did anybody else kinda get weirded out by the stars coming out of the crapper at the beginning? Does yandere girl shit rainbows or something? :P

I also hate how they draw the normal pedestrians ... and why does the guy's only friend never show his face? He must be one ugly SOB, since there's no ugly people in anime.

Still, interesting developments. I thought the yandere was a little creepy but she totally creeped me out there at the end, sneaking under the teacher's house and spying on the channel on his TV. I'd laugh if he turned on anime or even better, hentai ;p

Unless this gets super annoying, I'll keep watching if for no other reason than the penguins. ^_^ They're cute as hell! I want one, useless panty-sniffers or not.

4/5
Jul 27, 2011 7:20 PM

Aug 2010
I found this episode oddly hilarious.
Jul 27, 2011 7:45 PM

Jul 2010
Stalkers behind Stalker. Need Yandere action in next episode.
Jul 29, 2011 12:44 PM

Sep 2009
Im I the only one who thinks that those penguins act like those penguins in Madagascar? xD Anyway...damn that girl is such a super stalker!!! Imagine someone living under your house like that just to hear everything you say and do in your own privacy and then writing them down in her diary knowing everything about you...*shudders*
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RainbowMagnet - Oct 13, 2011

218 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

217 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

351 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 22, 2011

544 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 15, 2011

168 by FarCritical »»
Mar 27, 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.