Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 15, 2011 9:43 AM
Jul 15, 2011 10:11 AM

Apr 2011
Honestly I didn't even pay attention to the whole episode. It is such boring and no plot what so ever. I will b dropping next episode if I get the same thing again. This has everything to be the worst anime of the year.
Jul 15, 2011 11:06 AM

Feb 2011
i think the art was well done... :3, and the ost was amazing especially towards the end <3 very nice orchestral piece, very dark sounding.. d(^_^)b
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2011 11:10 AM

Sep 2007
Omniknight said:
A few things.

Why are the action sequences so poorly timed...
Just like the fight in episode 1, I was skipping ahead in the fight sequences.
I can't quite pinpoint or put in words the exact reason right now, but there is just something awry with the fighting...

Now... what does 15 minutes of slice of life bring to this series?
Yes, it shows that Saya is living two difference lives... So what?
Unlike other shows, I don't think there is a particularly deep meaning for this jarring contrast. I may and hopefully am wrong.

So far, this show has the yawn factor, good to watch before sleeping.

ReaperEXE said:
The violence in this show is oddly unsatisfying. Fingers crossed for yuri blood orgy I guess?

I agree, although I can't quite reason why I don't like it yet. Bad timing? No tension because Saya has PLOT ARMOR? No real motive from the protagonist other than kill it for the sake of killing it? Monsters appearing randomly?

I totally agree with you.
I mean really so far there's not a single thing that makes look forward for the next episodes. I wish it develops faster and in a better way :|
<P ALIGN=Center>
Jul 15, 2011 11:52 AM
Jan 2011
DrHouse said:
bloodiedangle said:
I can honestly say that there really is nothing I look forward to besides that dog.
You like like the dog, too? You have good taste, he/she/it is clearly the most interesting character of Blood-C. SayaxDog is definitely my OTP.

But, nothing else good that I can say. Still having these gory fights for no reason, plot is awol(no, vague hinting about elder ones, and strange lights doesn't count, Clamp), characters are irritating, and the comedy is bad. Seriously, they spent almost 6 minutes setting up that stupid marshmallow gag, and they'll probably have to spend at least another 2 minutes next episode...

I guess I'll just look forward to more SayaxDog.

I wonder as to whats up with Saya and dog?
Jul 15, 2011 11:59 AM

Apr 2011
This episode was as boring as the first one. Nothing special happened except the three-minute fight against the older one. They should really decide if they want to make a boring slice of life series or a mystery/horror story. And I loathe the character of Saya because she is so silly and stupid. Her character doesn!t fit a monster slayer.
Jul 15, 2011 12:10 PM

Jun 2008
Nasty001 said:
DrHouse said:
bloodiedangle said:
I can honestly say that there really is nothing I look forward to besides that dog.
You like like the dog, too? You have good taste, he/she/it is clearly the most interesting character of Blood-C. SayaxDog is definitely my OTP.

I guess I'll just look forward to more SayaxDog.

I wonder as to whats up with Saya and dog?

Some part of me is terrified that he'll become the new Haji. With CLAMP on this... and all the talking animal things... I'm waiting for him to start talking.
Jul 15, 2011 12:22 PM
Jun 2009
This was a dissappointment so far to say the least the fight leave me unsatisfied like they are missings something the lighting for the first fight is to dark the story is iffy to say the least. If clamp was gunna fuck up the blood series to this extent they should have changed the name and used diff chara names at this point it disgust me to even think this was remotely based off the blood+ story/chara.
Jul 15, 2011 1:45 PM

Apr 2010
I love Saya's singing. Just saying.

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3
Jul 15, 2011 2:02 PM

Jan 2008
calling it right now the lamest episode of the year
Jul 15, 2011 2:26 PM

Nov 2007
Ridiculous. Dropped.
Jul 15, 2011 2:50 PM

May 2011
OMG!!!!That Tokizane guy is sooo hot!!!!Wow, that was the only thing I loved about this episode besides the twins and the dog because this episode wasn't entertaining at all.

I liked the part where Tokizane's like"huh?" when Saya offered him her food, that was kinda funny.The twins looked super cute in this episode XD

I thought the fight scene would be awesome but it was really boring *sigh*
Well......if this keeps up I'll just be watching this show for Tokizane and that's all.

I’m just trying to be okay. Some days it’s harder than others. I hide away the most real parts of myself from everyone else. The emotions that I try to escape from. The constant pain I feel. The nightmares that keep me awake at night.

It hurts sometimes... knowing that the world is continuing happily all around me while I continue to drown in alcohol and slowly die inside myself.

Jul 15, 2011 3:01 PM

Sep 2010
DrHouse said:
Yumekichi11 said:
dominus12 said:
The marshmallow incident well its a lot darker that you all might think sure the twins play with it saying that its like a kiss but the meaning Fumito is talking about relates to bloodliving heart .
That's interesting. Thank you, now I need to pay attention to verbal metaphors and meaning variations. That's a good helper there.
Wow, so deepgrimdark.

If it's true and not an attempt to drag us into that poster's windmill chasing.

Jul 15, 2011 3:25 PM
Dec 2009
Haven't seen something so boring for a long time.. The fights in that boring slice of life shit could be at least refreshing, but they are so bad timed and out of context that I just find them as annoying as every other second of Blood-C.
Also the dialogues hurt a lot, while seeing that fucking way to school, which is always shown while singing bad, pisses me off just as much as the main characters "personality". She could be dead and I would'nt give a shit. Probably this would even feel good. No more stupid "hai" of her.
After 2 Episodes you know really NOTHING about her. It's not making her mysterious but uninteresting.
I'll try to force myself to watch Episode 3. 1/10 of the quality of Steins;Gate (which would mean 2000% of Episode 2) and I maybe won't drop the show.
Jul 15, 2011 4:11 PM

Jul 2008
Though that leaded to the creation of blood-c ->

-I just got this very great idea!
-Elaborate please.
-We'll take a good franchise and make a deviated work out of it
-Sound good
-But there was not enough fanservice in Blood+ so I guess we'll add +.
-But like are you sure it'll sell?
-Clumsy twintail megane mizuki-nana that act badass when it feel like it :trollface:
-I see what you did thar :trollface:
Jul 15, 2011 4:50 PM

Jun 2009
Anime_Name said:
DrHouse said:
Yumekichi11 said:
dominus12 said:
The marshmallow incident well its a lot darker that you all might think sure the twins play with it saying that its like a kiss but the meaning Fumito is talking about relates to blood\living heart .
That's interesting. Thank you, now I need to pay attention to verbal metaphors and meaning variations. That's a good helper there.
Wow, so deep\grimdark.
If it's true and not an attempt to drag us into that poster's windmill chasing.
Yeah, I'm fairly sure that they're going to play it straight. Either way, I was being sarcastic when I said it was deep.
Jul 15, 2011 4:51 PM

Sep 2009
I wonder how long they can continue with the 'zzzz' episodes. Terrible to death and what the hell is up with the BGM? I can make better music than that [/lie but still]

Oosran said:
On another note, I'm almost willing to bet Saya's dad is going to die sometime in a not too distant future.
I was betting on it from episode one.

Ninz-C said:
What's up with Fumito (Café dude) talking about "touching a certain thing"? WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING, CLAMP.
Doesn't it sound very Hannible-Lecter-ish? *shudders*

Bishies & twins yes, but everything else is just blah. Didn't want to dislike Saya but she is not likeable- at least for now. And on top being a heavily dense character is just =_=
And why does she fight in her school uniform? She has to wear a new one, like everyday? O.o
Jul 15, 2011 5:04 PM

Dec 2007
I think that's more than enough slice of life...my mind wandered a lot during this episode.
Jul 15, 2011 5:44 PM

Jun 2009
Terribad ep yet again. It actually felt like remade ep1 more than ep2 tho. Also those Saya's songs, damn they're horrible yet i somehow wanna hear moar. :(
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 15, 2011 6:01 PM

Feb 2011
Ep1 was OK but this 2 ep was really boring and repetitive, I hope it gets better
Jul 15, 2011 6:01 PM
Sep 2009
snore... *wakes up* oh, a fight scene... huh,that was it?

Other than the well animated fight scenes this show is BORING. Goddammit something happen already!
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Jul 15, 2011 6:25 PM

Jun 2008
the art is great and the plot had potential but...im disappointed. i expected much more. And Saya...i dont like her and i dont dislike her. i hope we can get more chara development of her, otherwise it will be boring.

Me wants the dark haired guy to appear more times*.*

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 15, 2011 6:43 PM
Apr 2011
I'm not liking this episode at all and it was pretty much a repeat of the first episode and I was trying to be positive with that (first) episode too. .___.

Story: The writing of the plot is horrible; I STILL don't know what the heck is going on and the pace of it is SO slow! I don't mind slow-paced anime but this one is an exception. Nothing goes on at school and outside of school (save when it is time to battle monsters or the explanations when they actually contributes to what the anime is really about).

Characters: Meh. I'm starting to hate Saya now. Her personality, the way she acts, everything about her. The only thing I find cool about her is when her personality changes when she fights.

I skipped parts of the episode because it was THAT boring. I don't think I missed much.

I'm on the verge of the tipping point of this show. I'll give it one more episode before DROPPING it completely.
deactivated10325Jul 15, 2011 9:47 PM
Jul 15, 2011 6:46 PM

May 2008
THE SONG IS SO AWKWARD LOL. i dun dare watch this when my father is around feels so embarrassing

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 15, 2011 9:22 PM
Nov 2009
This is really boring.
Jul 15, 2011 10:02 PM

Feb 2010
boring as shit in some moments... then in others I'm somewhat intrigued... hopefully when the 'family secret' (insert dun dun dun music) is revealed, things will pick up.

The school moments and the moments in the cafe' are so incredibly boring that I had to leave the episode and come back later. ugh.
Jul 16, 2011 12:05 AM

Sep 2010
Sooooo bad.
Jul 16, 2011 12:41 AM

Jan 2011
still slowly moving on but i enjoy me some Twins! :3 but on other news - What in the world
Jul 16, 2011 12:47 AM

Sep 2010
That's CLAMP style.

Jul 16, 2011 2:32 AM

Aug 2008
Ep 2 highlights:
Singing - Rebecca Black style
Tree sinking - hooray for physics
Jul 16, 2011 3:37 AM

Oct 2010
DrHouse said:
I guess I got fooled by it.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 16, 2011 4:02 AM

Jun 2008
So basically episode 1 all over again. WTF?

I hate those smiling sweet talk bishounens, i hate those over-trying to be cute annoying twins too.
Jul 16, 2011 6:31 AM

Aug 2007
Well, this episode was exactly the same as 1: Saya enter the classroon just in time, she convives with her friends, in the night she fights with a monster. I really dont want to see this again. Im hoping this will be getting interesting.
Jul 16, 2011 6:32 AM

Apr 2008
Saya should stay in fight-mode forever, that moe-tard mode is grating on the nerves and she should STOP.SINGING.NOW.

Marginally better than the first episode, fight scenes are the only interesting thing.

Is that aloof classmate going to be the current Haji version? Not in the same league, hell, not in the same universe.
Jul 16, 2011 8:33 AM
May 2010
Honestly, if she is going to sing in every fucking episode, I will have to start stabbing my head with a blunt object. For chrissake WHAT THE HELL WAS UP WITH THAT. And random fight sequences + small talk/stupid dialogue for a 20 minute or so episode... I don't even--

BUT despite all of this shitfaggotry, I will NOT drop this (I have this huge obsession about watching all Blood-related anime/movie/whatever to be released). Note that I will probably develop an aneurysm through the course of this series though.

Two things that keep me vaguely interested 1.) Fumito and his creeper tendencies. He's probably a sort of scientist/sorcerer person. Or at least someone who messes with your seemingly innocent piece of guimauve, and 2.) Tokizane. Because, well... mmm. Man-candy.
Jul 16, 2011 10:16 AM
Jul 2011
Well even saya´s father in the anime seems to hate the singing so maybe it will stop .
Jul 16, 2011 10:28 AM

Apr 2010
I think this was a bit better balanced episode then last time tho the overly happy and then overly violent and dramatic is still to much and very badly balanced.
Still the overly happy parts seem to suggest it might become a very grim and drastic anime with some very shocking scenes it's just a prediction that something very bad will happen which will probably make this into a very interesting anime.
And my prediction since last episode is that one of the twins will die at some point during the show maybe even both.

The last scene of this episode was truly matched the name of the anime it was very bloody indeed tho doe to the previous parts it didn't give the feeling a scene like that should have.
This is mainly due to the bad balance.
Which i think will improve over the show.

About the candy or better said pâte de guimauve they looked familiar to me so i did some looking around and it turns out they where familiar.
They look like marshmallows tho there different in taste and also a bit more pudding like and as the name suggests it's a French sweet.
And it tastes pretty good.
Jul 16, 2011 10:47 AM

Feb 2011
Two episodes have passed and still the plot is missing. Unless they try to put some story in the next episode, or Saya starts singing gangsta rap, I am dropping this.
Jul 16, 2011 10:51 AM

Dec 2007
GuroFX said:
Ep 2 highlights:
Singing - Rebecca Black style
Tree sinking - hooray for physics

Hey, at least Nana Mizuki's voice isn't a brutal attempt at ear rape.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2011 3:10 PM

Nov 2007
failsauce. i was wondering what to do if it had been a 24/26 episodes long series. seeing it will have another 10 episodes only, i guess i will follow it till the end.

2/5.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 16, 2011 3:49 PM

Feb 2011
As a Blood+ fan, I think Blood-C is miserable and stupid. Even people who didn't watch Blood+ already don't like this.
The singing is horrible. Still no plot or anything, just stupid scenes at Saya's school and random monster fights. Saya's personality is annoying too.
I'll give it 1 more episode.
Jul 16, 2011 4:43 PM

Dec 2010
I fknig hate her annoying crap singing every time she walks somewhere, it makes my ears bleed.
She is also so obsessed with her dad, shes so dense. ugh omg.
I was hoping that this 2nd ep will pick up the speed in the story and actually have some development, but i am only disappointed.
Maybe it will get better and the end 1/2 of it.
Jul 16, 2011 8:13 PM

Jul 2010
I'm getting annoyed with her singing.
Jul 16, 2011 11:46 PM

Jan 2011
I started watching Blood+ just to see if it was any better than this. I just wish Blood+ had had the same budget for animation as this one. Even with a much reduced frame rate and a lot of static scenes Blood+ has a far superior plot, better characters, and Saya doesn't sing.

Sexy red and black school uniforms can only make up for so much....
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 16, 2011 11:59 PM

Mar 2010
I'm a fan of CLAMPS designs (who doesn't love noodle people?), but I hope we get some story soon. Blood+'s(?) first 2 episodes were much more enjoyable. Also characters are starting to feel stereotypical. I want my character development. In the best possible way. ;)
Jul 17, 2011 1:47 AM

Sep 2009
I'm enjoyed it, just like I enjoyed the first episode.

I noticed some people said they were skipping through stuff. I think that if you have to skip through scenes just to make it through an episode, you probably shouldn't be watching that show.
Jul 17, 2011 3:56 AM

Jul 2007
rodac said:
I started watching Blood+

Just wanted to say that this is exactly what every newcomer to this franchise should do. that would help to NOT taint its image with bloodc hijinks.

the first few minutes of blood+including opening) beat anything and everything bloodC so far has to offer.
AhenshihaelJul 17, 2011 4:41 AM
Jul 17, 2011 7:20 AM

Jun 2010
Jeez, people keep comparing this to Blood+. Blood+ was made by another team and this is made by CLAMP. CLAMP has a different style and many of their shounen titles have some shoujo elements.

Ok, nothing happened in the second episode either and it seems the layout of this anime is 90% slice-of-life moments & 10% fights. Which it reminds me more like a combination of CardCaptor Sakura with xxxHolic now.

Saya has some silly slice-of-life moments like in CCS - A monster appears on night - Saya defeats that monster - End of episode.

Pretty much the magical girl layout.

Anyways, it seems some revelation will happen on the next episode, so I hope it will have more action. And judging by this being 12 episodes and a movie, I assume there will be a second season too.
Jul 17, 2011 8:03 AM

Aug 2008
It's boring, nothing happened. Shitty lyrics doesn't help, and what's with the pointless dialogue ?
Somebody mute her.
Jul 17, 2011 8:13 AM

Jul 2007
StellaNoxFleuret said:
Jeez, people keep comparing this to Blood+. Blood+ was made by another team and this is made by CLAMP. CLAMP has a different style and many of their shounen titles have some shoujo elements.

Does not change the fact that bloodc so far is an absolute kitsch

by this logic its alright for S.Meyer to remake Buffy The Vampire Slayer because "she is different person", right?

Bad thing is a bad thing.

Comparing to infinitely better thing with same ideas is nothing wrong.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 18, 2011

190 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2011

240 by Karva1 »»
Feb 15, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 21, 2011

171 by Beatnik »»
Jan 16, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 1, 2011

131 by dragynfaerie »»
Nov 30, 2023 2:50 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 29, 2011

283 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 8, 2023 8:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.