Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 17, 2011 8:47 AM
Mar 2008
I liked first episode, but this was just a copy and paste.
Jul 17, 2011 10:31 AM

Jun 2008
Fai said:
StellaNoxFleuret said:
Jeez, people keep comparing this to Blood+. Blood+ was made by another team and this is made by CLAMP. CLAMP has a different style and many of their shounen titles have some shoujo elements.

Does not change the fact that bloodc so far is an absolute kitsch

by this logic its alright for S.Meyer to remake Buffy The Vampire Slayer because "she is different person", right?

Bad thing is a bad thing.

Comparing to infinitely better thing with same ideas is nothing wrong.

Exactly we don't give a fuck if Clamp always has shoujo elements, it's time they learn some creativity and step outside of what they usually do.
The Blood series doesn't go well with there shoujo stupid habits. If they can't go outside of their little squae box of habits then they should have left this to someone else and do some other show that match their style.

It's a little like Dance in the Vampire Bund and shaft. Shaft did well whenever it piked some strange little shows like Bagenomogatari, Arakawa etc but when they picked that one that was a clear action show that didn't need their usual close eye, curved head expressions or there slideshow images getting in the mix they completely blew it and made a terrible work.

BTw, Fai, what is it with you and your Buffy The Vampire Slayer obsession. Why to you mention it all the time? You really get stuck in some things and never let go. You have a strange obsession with specific staff that gets creepy.
MonadJul 17, 2011 10:34 AM
Jul 17, 2011 10:41 AM

Jul 2010
Well, this episode was almost completely identical to episode one. If the next episode is a repeat of the past two episodes, I'm dropping this.
Jul 17, 2011 10:51 AM

Aug 2009
I love the fact that Clamp has successfully trolled you all into a nerdrage.
Only reason I bother to visit the forums these days.
Jul 17, 2011 11:55 AM

Jul 2007
Monad said:

Exactly we don't give a fuck if Clamp always has shoujo elements, it's time they learn some creativity and step outside of what they usually do.

Actually I disagree with you there. CLAMP know how to write psychological horror and more messed stuff well;
1. RG Veda started as quite cheery happy go lucky adventure and ended with one of most depressing kill-em-all-tomino style of endings,
2. trc basically takes basic shonen/shoujo tropes, develops that a bit and then smashes them to bits before turning into complete mindscrew,
3. Clover starts as standard shoujo in cyberpunk world and then turns utterly depressing, starts to kill off characters and then turns into a mix of detective work and conspiracy thriller(sadly then it goes on hiatus for 7 years and counting).
4. And then we have X, which, both in anime and manga, despite shoujo-set-up and shounen-ai atmosphere, remains one of darkest and most depressing works of japan ever.

The problem is that when they screw up, they screw up on huge scale,. With BloodC they screwed up.

And CLAMP style does NOT fit Blood franchise. CLAMP stuff is heavy into destiny, mysticism, folklore and does NOT fit blood franchise.

Monad said:

BTw, Fai, what is it with you and your Buffy The Vampire Slayer obsession. Why to you mention it all the time? You really get stuck in some things and never let go. You have a strange obsession with specific staff that gets creepy.

Considering both shows (Buffy and blood franchise) share a lot of similarities and essentially blood franchise was Japan's try to emulate Buffy in anime setting, the comparisons are fitting :)
Jul 17, 2011 12:00 PM

Nov 2007
The slice of life mixed with a "monster of the week" style format reminds me of CCS, but this has none of the charm that CCS had. At least the character designs are pretty and the characters themselves are okay (despite being a little cliche), I guess. Honestly, I feel like this show is going nowhere, and this episode didn't tell us much we don't know from the first episode. If it's really going to be 11 episodes, they need to get started on the actual plot already (though I feel like it's not going to have one anyway). Oh, the fight choreography and animation is quite nice too.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jul 17, 2011 1:17 PM

May 2008
Well shit. Everything I hopefully surmised during Episode 1 was refuted. There's no way that Saya's cheerful easy-going personality is an act, it doesn't look like she is testing herself in her battles, and the personality change from Blood+'s Saya wasn't an improvement because it's inconsistent bullshit. There's also less than the barest hints of a plot, the pacing is like pulling teeth, the character interaction is completely inane, and the show's clearly pandering to style over substance. There is absolutely no depth here -- not of plot, character, or setting. It's not even enjoyable. It's just boring.

So dropped -- not because of some asinine Blood+ fanboy/girl reasoning or some prejudice against Clamp, but because the show quite simply appears to have no merit and is therefore not something I'm interested in watching. I hate to say it, but even Ookami Kakushi a few seasons ago was better than this (and that is not saying much).
chicanerousJul 17, 2011 1:44 PM
Jul 17, 2011 10:10 PM

Nov 2008
This shouldn't have taken on the Blood name...so far her blood has nothing to do with killing those things, she just needs the sword so why the hell is she so special.
Her obsession with her father is now officially creepy to me and the massive amount of time spent on her school life is just annoying, also her clumsiness is mad annoying.

I think its about time they give us some damn information and introduce the plot because so far this show is a fail.
The dog is probably going to ed up being the new chevalier or whatever they'll name it in this series
SickeninglySweetJul 17, 2011 10:17 PM
Jul 18, 2011 2:35 AM

Sep 2007
I agree the twins are by far the best part of this show so far. ^_^

Now that that's out of the way....what the hell about the story? It's been 2/12 episodes so far and I feel like I'm watching a "slice-of-life" anime instead of a horror action with the exception of the last 3-5 minutes O_O

And nothing has really been explained clearly. Now I've watched all the other Blood stuff so I know the basic premise but a little info would be nice
Jul 18, 2011 5:52 AM

Jan 2008
wow.. that was boring
Jul 18, 2011 10:48 AM

Sep 2010
What the HELL is this, It's like the same SHIT from previous episode is repeating......

DROPPED.....
Jul 18, 2011 11:07 AM
Apr 2010
I agree with Fai in that Clamp and Production IG is screwing up on Blood C. However, Blood C is not so much a bad show as it's a bad decision. As a standalone show, Blood C is solid and easily one of the top animes this season, however, it's still terrible for something out of the Blood franchise.

Thus, instead of saying the characters, environments, storyboard, scripts, and or situations are stupid, we must say the executives at Production IG and Clamp are stupid. After all, why would one spend the money to buy an expensive and firmly grounded franchise only to change it completely? It's like buying the rights to open up a Panda Express but end up serving hamburgers. No matter how delicious the hamburgers might be, it's not what the audience is looking for.

tl;dr Blood C isn't a bad show, it's a bad decision.
Jul 18, 2011 11:45 AM

Jul 2007
foxnewsnetwork said:
. However, Blood C is not so much a bad show as it's a bad decision. As a standalone show, Blood C is solid and easily one of the top animes this season, however, it's still terrible for something out of the Blood franchise.

Err, no its not.

Its ridden with CLiches, is badly paced, has very annoying one-dimensional characters, over-the top fight scenes, VERY forgettable soundtrack and so far no plot.

Just renaming "red kitsch" into "red Ketchup" does not change the fact its kitsch.
Jul 18, 2011 2:01 PM
Apr 2010
Fai said:
foxnewsnetwork said:
. However, Blood C is not so much a bad show as it's a bad decision. As a standalone show, Blood C is solid and easily one of the top animes this season, however, it's still terrible for something out of the Blood franchise.

Err, no its not.

Its ridden with CLiches, is badly paced, has very annoying one-dimensional characters, over-the top fight scenes, VERY forgettable soundtrack and so far no plot.

Just renaming "red kitsch" into "red Ketchup" does not change the fact its kitsch.

Yes, it is. As disappointed as you might be by Blood C, it is still infinitely better than Twinkle Paradise, Sacred Seven, and the other JC Staff crap that's floating around this time of year. The other shows may seem better because they don't have the massive shoes of Blood+ to fill, but they're filled with just as many if not more cliches, over-the-top scenes, forgettable soundtracks, etc.
Jul 18, 2011 2:14 PM

Jul 2007
foxnewsnetwork said:
Fai said:
foxnewsnetwork said:

Err, no its not.

Yes, it is. As disappointed as you might be by Blood C, it is still infinitely better than Twinkle Paradise, Sacred Seven, and the other JC Staff crap that's floating around this time of year. The other shows may seem better because they don't have the massive shoes of Blood+ to fill, but they're filled with just as many if not more cliches, over-the-top scenes, forgettable soundtracks, etc.

Its not better than Blade, Kamisama Dolls or Penguindrum. AS abysmal as this season is, there are many things way better than BC so far :)
Jul 18, 2011 2:21 PM

Nov 2008
LadyOrihime said:
Welp, TokixSaya is officially my OTP for the series. I can't wait to see his official role in all of this.

So, I'll be sticking around this show for the fight scenes, hopeful romance between the two, and just because I'm a BLOOD franchise fanatic

I do hope she has to drink blood at some point, though...and I hope she has to drink it from Tokizane's neck

I completely agree with you. The story is completely slow, but I'm hoping something happens between Tokizane and Saya. That's probably my only reason for sticking with the show.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jul 18, 2011 7:50 PM

Dec 2010
The deja-vu is strong with this one. Eerie intro, cute klutz girl slice of life in the first 15 minutes, gory fight scenes during the final. I hope they mix up things instead of keeping us this fixed mechanic: this is looking more and more like a monster-of-the-week show, and needless to say, I do not want that.

The fight was far better than in the first ep, though. Might just be because the monster is squishy, though.
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

If I die tonight, I will do so fighting for everything I believe in."

Jul 18, 2011 9:28 PM

Dec 2007
foxnewsnetwork said:
and the other JC Staff crap that's floating around this time of year.

Sorry, but despite the pointless shower stripping scenes, Kamisama no Memochou is BY FAR the more compelling series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2011 10:15 PM

Sep 2007
I just can't stand Saya. I don't see how her character fits itself at all. She's fucking clueless as shit about everything, clumsy as all fuck, but then suddenly becomes super athletic and harnesses supernatural powers. Not to mention half the male characters in this show seem like a bunch of typical shoujo betas and "cool silent" guys. This show makes Sacred Seven look like a masterpiece.
Jul 18, 2011 10:40 PM

Mar 2009
Not enough singing in this show.

Really awful so far.
Jul 18, 2011 11:42 PM

Jan 2010
I'm expecting crap to hit the fan soon enough. This is Clamp after all, right?

Full thoughts for episode are here on my blog.

That said, while I don't mind the juxtaposition of slice-of-life with monster-slaying, I'm hoping for something more from each.
Jul 19, 2011 1:44 AM

Oct 2010
[Fry_meme]Not sure if watching a dumb slice of life school anime or just poorly made action anime...[/Fry_meme] =)_=)

Why do these series have "Blood" in title??? This has nothing to do with the original series so why bother making up that name???

Still no character improvement for Saya, a guess...(at least she could take of the glasses...)
Jul 19, 2011 10:36 AM
Dec 2007
What a weird xxxHolic and Blood Plus mix, with really slow and slice-of-life-ish scenes put together with violent and extremely brutal action ones... Well, at least the characters and direction are far better than Blood Plus, not counting Nana Mizuki.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 19, 2011 12:04 PM

Mar 2011
I don't know, I loved Blood+. I think the only positive aspect of this series so far is that the new Saya looks ridiculously badass with her red eyes. :S

The preview said it was gonna "reveal" a secret, but I'm not holding my breath.
Jul 19, 2011 12:49 PM

Jun 2010
Fai said:

Actually I disagree with you there. CLAMP know how to write psychological horror and more messed stuff well;
1. RG Veda started as quite cheery happy go lucky adventure and ended with one of most depressing kill-em-all-tomino style of endings,
2. trc basically takes basic shonen/shoujo tropes, develops that a bit and then smashes them to bits before turning into complete mindscrew,
3. Clover starts as standard shoujo in cyberpunk world and then turns utterly depressing, starts to kill off characters and then turns into a mix of detective work and conspiracy thriller(sadly then it goes on hiatus for 7 years and counting).
4. And then we have X, which, both in anime and manga, despite shoujo-set-up and shounen-ai atmosphere, remains one of darkest and most depressing works of japan ever.

The problem is that when they screw up, they screw up on huge scale,. With BloodC they screwed up.

And CLAMP style does NOT fit Blood franchise. CLAMP stuff is heavy into destiny, mysticism, folklore and does NOT fit blood franchise.

Maybe Blood-C will turn out into a TRC case; It started so simple & silly and eventually it became complicated. Also, it might have a second season, since there will be a movie too.

And CLAMP lately has gone a bit downhill; Look at their other new work, Gate 7. They are basically recycling xxxHolic over and over again.
Jul 19, 2011 1:13 PM

Jul 2007
StellaNoxFleuret said:

Maybe Blood-C will turn out into a TRC case; It started so simple & silly and eventually it became complicated.

But you see, with TRC, you had a VERY clear hints at the ominous behind the scenes stuff that was happening behind all the happy go lucky adventure, not to mention that the whole attack on desert ruins was quite intense event.

BloodC so far is recycling xxxHolic too...just without the deeper, good stuff and without the character development that manga had...
Jul 19, 2011 1:27 PM
Apr 2010
soldieroH said:
[Fry_meme]Not sure if watching a dumb slice of life school anime or just poorly made action anime...[/Fry_meme] =)_=)

Why do these series have "Blood" in title??? This has nothing to do with the original series so why bother making up that name???

Still no character improvement for Saya, a guess...(at least she could take of the glasses...)

This guy speaks truth. I feel this show feels more like xxxKobato than Blood.
Jul 19, 2011 2:49 PM
Apr 2011
Mormegil said:

Really awful so far.

Sarcasm? .___.
Jul 20, 2011 12:52 AM

Nov 2009
For now c isn't as good as I hoped .. conversations aren't that good and I didn't like any of the characters .. even saya

but the action parts are good .. anyway this anime has the potential to get better :)
Jul 20, 2011 2:12 AM

Sep 2007
I laughed pretty hard when I saw this was only going to be twelve episodes. They've completely wasted the first two. Terrible.
Jul 20, 2011 8:58 AM

May 2008
Alright, I'll give this show ONE more episode. And I'm being generous.

All I have to say is, where's the motivation? Why is this Saya so boring? And WHERE IN THE WORLD IS THIS SHOW GOING?

Seriously, this show doesn't even BEGIN to compare to Blood+. Where Blood+ does everything right, Blood-C does everything wrong. This Saya doesn't really have much of a soul. She needs to constantly have clumsy blunders to even try to look like she's got a personality. And that doesn't even make any sense since she's able to defeat these SUPER strong monsters with her expert swordsmanship. How does clumsiness and expert sword skills work? And nothing has really been explained yet. Why does Saya's eyes become all red and stuff? Because she's Saya? Please, at least Blood+ explained everything. The best part of this show is probably the OP and the voice acting. That's it.

But I'll give it one more chance. Who knows? Maybe they'll get their act together in time to turn this all around. But that's probably hopeful thinking.
Jul 20, 2011 9:00 AM
Mar 2011
Blood-C... What kind of anime are you? I haven't understand a single thing yet about it's story at all, the first 2 episodes were really boring. I don't like the characters and their designs, I don't like Saya's singing`s that wasted my time hearing that terrible nonsense, and I also don't like how the blood goes out when the monsters are slashed. Don't 'ya think it's a little bit exaggerated? They wasted the 1st 2 episodes for a 12-ep show. I'm so disappointed. :disapprove: I hope the future episodes will be understandable or else, I'm not going to watch this show anymore.
Jul 20, 2011 7:51 PM

Jan 2011
It is as if they are trying to copy Endless Eight LOL.
Jul 21, 2011 3:48 PM

May 2011
Really boring...
No plot yet :/
The fighting scene wasn't too good either

Hope episode 3 is better or I'm dropping it
Jul 21, 2011 11:24 PM

Mar 2009
endlessabyss said:
Mormegil said:

Really awful so far.

Sarcasm? .___.

Very much so.
Jul 27, 2011 2:47 PM
Sep 2009
Still dont know what to make of this show after two episodes. Something better happen in the next episode or I might drop it.
Jul 31, 2011 2:57 AM

May 2009
I don't mind the fact that the progression is staying in nearly one place so far it's not brilliant or anything, but...hey, I watched part of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and that was pretty annoying and confusing with the whole resetting thing over and over. However, since Blood-C is short and there's going to be a movie, I'm definitely going to stick with it and see if it ends up really paying off in the end or not.
Sep 14, 2011 9:46 PM
Feb 2011
Oosran said:
I still very much dislike the fact that Saya's a klutz.

I'll second that. It seems like she has some personality disorder.
Oct 16, 2011 9:05 AM
Dec 2010
It's not that bad show how the rating shows (maybe im just getting soft) However this show gives me feel of usual magical/supernatural girlfriend but then it's not that type of the show . Also Saya is such kluzt she can't keep walking for 5 min without falling over something, while she turns to superhuman killer over night. (there i go being strict again haha)
OVer all and based on 2 eps i've seen so far, i can't say i don't like it neither i was bored by the show and that measn it's not lost case. it can actually have potential to show something interesnting futher in story, if there's any story ofc (haha)
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Dec 14, 2011 10:15 AM

May 2010
Am I the only one who actually likes this show? It is so wonderful! The way they juxtapose such impossibly cheerful and cutesy slice-of-life with such bloody and violent action scenes and then not even try to ham it up but just pretend it's normal really bakes my cookies! And the way everything's being set up, you can tell that something very interesting is going to happen soon. It's just such a deliberate set-up, I just hope they're setting up for something more interesting than the usual "hah, you thought this was going to be happy, well we sure fooled you!" I was not bored for even one second.
“Money can't buy dere”
Jan 25, 2012 7:14 PM

Oct 2007
Two episodes in and there's still nothing going on.
Also, is it just me, or is there a formula to this?
Part 1. Saya leaves for school and sings a song/eats breakfast at the cafe.
Part 2. Saya is almost late for school and so is Tokizane. Cue schoolgirl interactions.
Part 3. Saya returns home, singing again. Time to fight a monster.
Roll end credits.

Usually there's supposed to be an arc to the action (rising and falling), but this is just a straight line.
Even the fight scenes aren't that exciting, and last only a minute.
There's no explanation to anything that happens in the series yet, and it's not piquing my interest; it's just making me frustrated and impatient.
If the third and fourth episodes are the same, I may just drop this series.
Apr 8, 2012 6:16 PM

Feb 2012
Second episode more rough then the first one because nothing changed. As written above there seems to be a pattern and that what's happening isn't much appealing to be honest.

And I hate her fucking hair.
Jul 6, 2012 7:33 AM

Nov 2011
EmilyFalcon said:
Two episodes in and there's still nothing going on.
Also, is it just me, or is there a formula to this?
Part 1. Saya leaves for school and sings a song/eats breakfast at the cafe.
Part 2. Saya is almost late for school and so is Tokizane. Cue schoolgirl interactions.
Part 3. Saya returns home, singing again. Time to fight a monster.
Roll end credits.

Usually there's supposed to be an arc to the action (rising and falling), but this is just a straight line.
Even the fight scenes aren't that exciting, and last only a minute.
There's no explanation to anything that happens in the series yet, and it's not piquing my interest; it's just making me frustrated and impatient.
If the third and fourth episodes are the same, I may just drop this series.

Yeah, I'm beginning to wonder...Saya is cute, but this just not seeming to be worth it at all. If anything, this is making me miss Blood+ more and more.

Recommendation: If anybody hasn't watched it yet and don't make it to the end of Blood-C, go watch Blood+ now<3 All the blood you want and a far superior story, setting, characters, the Schiff, and Haji.<3 Blood+'s Saya is even much, much better.

Sigh. I'll keep giving this series a chance, though. It isn't even a full half-season, so it should be possible.<3
Sep 10, 2012 2:58 AM

Jul 2008
if this is a 12 episode series, something has to give fast. And there is surprisingly little gore compared to the previous Blood shows.
May 20, 2013 6:18 PM

Aug 2010
Booooring. I hate saya's hair, and her singing is annoying. I would drop this if I could, but I always finish what I start. *sigh*
Oct 19, 2014 11:52 AM

Feb 2013
This anime would be ok if not for the school-life garbage in the way. I'm half tempted to just skip to all the action scenes...
Aug 2, 2015 7:33 PM
Jul 2018
Beautiful episode. My favourite part was when they had a conversation about raspberries. I never get tired of Saya's autism. I would also fuck her hot dad.
Feb 9, 2016 7:32 AM

Sep 2012
awesome episode............
May 21, 2017 2:22 AM

Feb 2015
RoyalStranger said:
I love the fact that Clamp has successfully trolled you all into a nerdrage.
Only reason I bother to visit the forums these days.

Hahaha this...so this...

dominus12 said:
The marshmallow incident well its a lot darker that you all might think sure the twins play with it saying thats its like a kiss but the meaning Fumito is talking about relates to blood\living heart .

I had this same thought while watching this ep - wondering if that was it's deeper meaning.

Mar 27, 2018 4:26 AM

Aug 2016
When will the actual plot happen jeez

I hate Saya's personality and her character design meh
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 18, 2011

190 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2011

240 by Karva1 »»
Feb 15, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 21, 2011

171 by Beatnik »»
Jan 16, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 1, 2011

131 by dragynfaerie »»
Nov 30, 2023 2:50 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 29, 2011

283 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 8, 2023 8:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.