Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2008 4:03 PM
Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
O, Well i knew it, Yoshiyuki disappeared. I think it was the best for him because every1 was forgetting about him. I think Yume and Otome will bring him back together in the final episodes, thats what i'm hoping for;)

SteelixJun 22, 2008 4:07 PM
Jun 23, 2008 1:07 AM

Aug 2007
Nanaka is that you?
(just had to say that again) xD

The producers are still taunting us as to which Asakura girl Yoshiyuki will end up with, just not a harem unless the male lead gets hitched to one of them at some point. This has to be the second best episode out of DCII/SS, second only to Sakura's episode.

The melodrama...Oh the melodrama! Yume and Otome's scenes were pretty much near direct copies of the game counterpart (though I'm not complaining). One thing to gripe about is how they didn't try hard enough to make those scenes pretty. I know its not fair to compare it to a game CG, but the difference in quality makes me cry...

In my opinion, this is the best time to end the season. Have Yoshiyuki disappear and let the viewers guess (or buy the game) as to what happened to the rest of the crew. Since we have another episode...I can only hope for an Utawarerumono ending (aka the Yume end). To those who know the end of Utawarerumono, try not to spoil the virgins of this thread ;-)

So the next episode is titled Da Capo (well not exactly but close), a fitting episode title given that it's the name of Sakura's route in the game. The Da Capo route is basically a recollection of events in DCII through the eyes of Sakura, which is one way of approaching the next episode. If they approach this method, I can see it taking up at least half the episode with a quarter dedicated to Otome and Yume and the last quarter dedicated to either an Otome/Yume end.

(sadly, no H-scene...) xD

Should add that there is a slight chance that they will delve into Anzu's arc a bit more, given that they pretty much shoved her story out of the way in favour of the Asakura sisters.
Jun 23, 2008 10:27 AM

Jan 2008
awesome... well i already know this would happen ;-(
Jun 25, 2008 9:53 PM

Jan 2008
whats the name of the song being played at the end of ep 12 when yoshiyuki is disappearing?
Jun 30, 2008 10:00 PM
Sep 2007
now, if only that was the last episode... anyway, it wasn't bad, I was afraid the teary scenes will be annoying, but they were ok. Yume's confession was better than Otome's btw.

SwordWielder said:
whats the name of the song being played at the end of ep 12 when yoshiyuki is disappearing?

the artist is yozuca*, I guess this song has yet to be released (though I'm not sure).

P. S. do yourself a favor and don't watch any version below 1280x720, they suck. I watched 720p RAW with subs demuxed from Chihiro's 1024x576 release. Chihiro probably will release 720p soon.
Jan 9, 2009 1:20 PM

Jun 2008
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ;_______;

that was too sad
hirahiraJan 9, 2009 1:24 PM
Jun 25, 2009 6:11 AM

May 2008
all that matters is the feelings lols, this reminded me alot about clannad, the Fuko's Arc hehe

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 31, 2009 8:15 PM

Dec 2007
Very sad episode.

Am I the only one wishing Yoshiyuki should have went and slapped his friends who can't see him as a joke? Just to freak them out lol. Invisible things hitting them would have lighten the mood.

PimpToad said:
(sadly, no H-scene...) xD

I know. I could totally see where the H scenes could be placed and was kinda hoping for it even though deep down I know it ain't happening lol.
Aug 8, 2011 4:54 PM
Mar 2011
since i was interested in the song at the end of episode 12, i did some research. the song is called "Kienai De" (don't disappear) by yozuca. don't ask why, but it was a major pain in the *** to find that out -_-
Aug 10, 2012 2:38 AM

Jul 2010
Best episode of the entire DC series for me thus far. Not sure about the upcoming DC III though.
Jan 27, 2016 7:11 AM

Aug 2013
Ok I thought that Da Capo wouldn't make me cry. I was wrong.
And that seiyuus, oh God, those emotions was so damn REAL. There is no way that any western VA would do it even in 1/4 that good like they had done it in original ever. Pure awesomeness, hats off.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 16, 2017 7:45 PM

Jul 2014
this was sad/depressing to watch tbh, totally feel for otome and yume!
Mar 31, 2021 8:05 AM

Apr 2013
Aaaaaand he's gone. Will he come back or will this the end of this season? Tune in again next week to find out! (Well there is only one more episode, so.... doh!)
Jul 14, 2022 9:14 AM

Nov 2010
rsc-pl said:

And that seiyuus, oh God, those emotions was so damn REAL. There is no way that any western VA would do it even in 1/4 that good like they had done it in original ever. Pure awesomeness, hats off.

Super agreed. I don't think I can ever enjoy anime dubbed. I rather have a hard time reading subs than lose the immersion. Japanese VAs are on a whole other level.

Anyway,

That was quite an emotional ep. This season would've been so much better if it started to build up to this point since S1. Instead, they wasted it on Koko and a robot. 13 eps. ain't really enough for this kind of build up, especially when a lot of characters are involved. Nonetheless, this is good. If this season doesn't end in a cliché, I'll give it an extra point.
May 9, 2023 10:24 AM

Oct 2018
No matter the place, as long you make a good memories it's fine. It's like dating Nemu.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Da Capo II Second Season Episode 13 Discussion

cr4sian_phil - Jun 30, 2008

42 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 9, 2023 11:02 AM

Poll: » Da Capo II Second Season Episode 7 Discussion

Faust721 - May 20, 2008

12 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 8, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » Da Capo II Second Season Episode 5 Discussion

Faust721 - May 3, 2008

13 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 8, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Da Capo II Second Season Episode 3 Discussion

PimpToad - Apr 21, 2008

18 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 8, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Da Capo II Second Season Episode 1 Discussion

radiantfire - Apr 5, 2008

30 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 8, 2023 11:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.