Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 8, 2011 9:12 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
In the end, I watched ep.2 of this anime.

Liking Subaru vs. Tomoka battle.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 8, 2011 10:05 AM
Jun 2008
it seem Tomoka telling her story bout how he meet others to convince Subaru on being the coach of the team. remind me of something from kaminomi

the net chatting is very interesting every time =)
MorningGloryJul 8, 2011 10:28 AM
Jul 8, 2011 10:13 AM

Nov 2008
Subaru is a badass player, but Tomoka is pretty good herself. Episode shows you that life is hard no matter what you are, the end was touching and this scene was in the orginal source well like last episode it's following it almost to perfection. Another good episode.

MorningGlory said:

Jul 8, 2011 10:23 AM

Aug 2008
Better than the first episode. I'm hooked.

I like their duel, made me feel it.
Subaru is a very good player, and Tomoka may even be better at her age.
Loli aunt is very nice.
Jul 8, 2011 1:10 PM

Feb 2008
Subaru Aunt said don't run away from basket, but she already said that in the manga thought.
And she said that now in this episode.

It so predictable that he want to coach them, but he really want to coach Tomoka.
Tomoka is really good player for her ages, of course Subaru is a great player too.
He was the middle school basketball team Ace, getting in semi final is quite good.
He made weak middle school basketball team to strong.
Maybe later he will regain to play basketball again. :D

The Match between Subaru and Tomoka was interesting, but in the end Subaru won the match.

Great episode!

I love it

Now I am looking even forward more to next episode, can't wait another week.
BlackbirdJul 8, 2011 1:15 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 8, 2011 2:49 PM

Oct 2010
This episode was screaming Tomoka x Subaru with multi point flags.

There are like tons but the one that affected me the most is the following,

despite it was all sweet Subaru is a jack ass for making Tomoka like she is in the spoiler
even though it was most likely not on the bad side it made me T_T and I don't like girls crying sometimes.
Still Subaru got the guts to run and confront Tomoka as well as get serious by putting his hand on her shoulders.

These are the rest of the flags I noticed that are nice for reference as I have seen excellent basketball precisions in the last thread.
  • The whole initial bike meeting in the spoiler
    was something I have seen in some other anime but I can't remember which one but it was a little nostalgic. Tomoka's face was so happy here and so was I. Some nice leg fan service I have noticed here of Tomoka. Will the BD have more? Obvious flag point I have noticed in some ero games.

• Tomoka's blushed shy face in the spoiler
    got my heart melted at that moment. The literal HNNNNNNGGG was quite present in there. She had further more a blushed face while grasping Subaru here. It did not look like for only safety reasons from her emotional response. I think Tomoka in that sense may have Maho's jealousy. Who knows.

• Playing the a game of basketball with Tomoka in the spoiler
    is perhaps one way of making Subaru more primed for basketball but I see as a flag for a better relation with Tomoka. Especially for how the mother appreciated her for letting Subaru coach her and the serious look of Subaru towards the game. Although during the game the first attempt was nice escape from Subaru's steal. Tomoka got stolen the ball at least Once? Twice? Thrice? 4 Times? No but it was five times. At least.

• The before the last flag in the top would be the very nice flashbacks depicted in the spoiler
    it is to note that for Tomoka to tell such a past to Subaru is a sign of trust but also a opening up to someone and that leads to a possible romance or at least a +1 point towards being liked. It is to note that Subaru's crying may be also the pile up of being left out due to being too good in basketball in the spoiler
    not only as memories but also as a fact that happened in reality.
    Rather interesting point about Tomoka.
So in the end Subaru scored nicely with Tomoka +5 to be exact in moments.

The other thing is the swipe move of Tomoka in the following,

now that is a nice move and clearly this segment showed that she has speed and agility but poor observational skills as Subaru took the ball from her at least 7 times. More later.

Other interesting points,
  • Tomoka is absolutely lovely with her kimono and fan dance in the spoiler
    I was very surprised by it.

• Whoever said last episode that the boys are jealous of the girls using gym time, I give you a metal, you were totally right! I have your proof in the spoiler
    it was obvious from how that boy got angry at Airi and the others playing.

• To note that it was a most notable variation of the Tiger VS Dragon in the spoiler
    with of course the most amazing change being a Mantra and I ROFL so much at the teachers fighting out at that part. In regards to the boys here I find myself being closest to the one on the left of the middle boy, first one on his left.

• For some reason I really am starting to like Aoi in the spoiler
    she is just appealing but that guy with glasses was also mysterious. Would like to know maybe more about him. I liked Subaru's face here in response to his friend.

• I was not too fond of the whole boys hurting a girl in basketball and Maho embarking in the fight in the spoiler
    but I was really surprised how much Mihoshi influenced Tomoka by whispering to her and even more mind blowing is that Tomoka may have beaten the boys. Oh boy here goes my disapprove over my male pride but anyway.

• Rather very content that Maho was the one to recruit the team in the spoiler
    I really appreciated in knowing she is such a amazing recruiter and it looks like she was totally impressed of Tomoka's skills with her face here. That in turn got her to like basketball so in fact Tomoka made Maho like basketball.

• OK, according to the car specs in the following spoiler
    it is none other than a RX7 whom you can check out here. It looks nice and is a very capable racing car. I would like to race against Mihoshi.

• I am not sure what the internet chat in the spoiler
    is supposed to represent but it did look fascinating to say the least. The maid welcome was nice and in the end Tomoka was quite happy.
Looking forward to more please as this episode made me rage, sad and excited.
Yumekichi11Jul 8, 2011 10:19 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 8, 2011 6:30 PM

Feb 2008
I don't like the girls crying too :(

But Tomoka cried becuase she was happy that Subaru want to protect her.
After this Subaru slightly regained his passion of Basket.
He was so damn slow to realize that he want to help Tomoka, but in the end everything went well.

Subaru got so far more skills than Tomoka but he feel some different passion in her basket.
Tomoka is not that bad.

Subaru got more experiences, talents and that's it.

In the first episode in the beginning it was so predictable he will be back coaching.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 8, 2011 9:29 PM

Oct 2010
Blackbird said:
I don't like the girls crying too :(
Oh good I am glad that I am not alone in that one.
Blackbird said:
But Tomoka cried because she was happy that Subaru want to protect her.
He could have done it in another way but still it was heart wrecking the way it was presented. It was made to be a sad cry out to let out the sadness, which in that way makes someone want to punch out Subaru for still making her cry, well IMO that is.
Blackbird said:
After this Subaru slightly regained his passion of Basket.
NO! It was exactly in the spoiler
he got his passion. Precisely that prize game. Hey man, 10 shots in a row? That might be hard IMO.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 8, 2011 10:33 PM

Jun 2010
I can't stop little girls crying either especially the way she did. It was too sad.

Jul 8, 2011 11:28 PM

Oct 2010
good ep
cool b ball battle between tomoka and subara
hopefully the melodrama is over and the rest of the show will be SOMEWHAT smooooth sailin
Jul 9, 2011 1:16 AM

Sep 2008
What lame ass father would leave the lovely young Mamiko Noto wife all alone?
The boy's basketball team is full of losers though; they should be licking the girls' feet and buying them chocolates.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2011 1:20 AM

Nov 2008
Not enough Hinata... OTL

Anyway, the short scene from episode one is most likely the match between boys vs girls. I can't wait to see the fruits of their labor (if there's any xD except Tomoka since she's very hardworking)

thenube74 said:
hopefully the melodrama is over and the rest of the show will be SOMEWHAT smooooth sailin
^I think there will be one in the future. We still don't know why Subaru's basketball team got suspended. That's where the melodrama comes in xD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jul 9, 2011 1:41 AM

Jun 2009
PLOT in my loli? yes, looking good so far.

I hope you enjoyed and felt cool owning Tomoka, Subaru. What a douche.
Jul 9, 2011 2:06 AM

Sep 2008
-Quasar said:
PLOT in my loli? yes, looking good so far.

Well, she asked for it. xD How could he say no to such a cute girl? xD Anyways, yeah, I'm a little surprised there is a structured plot in this. I feel sad for those people who are calling it a lolicon anime and nothing more. :|
Jul 9, 2011 3:36 AM

Aug 2010
HawthorneKitty said:

The boy's basketball team is full of losers though; they should be licking the girls' feet and buying them chocolates.

I know I would be......

Anyways~ definetly not enuff penguins...I mean Hinata, I enjoyed the ED again this week....plenty of Hinata.....My god I love her too much

Oh and nice developement

Edit: Woot 69 post, perfect for discussing my Loli crush

Jul 9, 2011 4:38 AM
Jun 2008
This series deserves a higher rating than 6.76.
Plot is flowing nicer than many of the recent animes.

Deserves a mid 7 rating.
Jul 9, 2011 5:04 AM

Apr 2011
This series is pure loli fanservice ... they even revisited the maido scene. Yeah, I think Tomoka and Subaru are totally gonna end up hooking up at some point in this series. Subaru will probably fight it but the sweet, sweet loli lovin' will get him in the end. I wasn't surprised to see this is on AT-X ... didn't notice that last week.

Also, why is Subaru's teacher aunt 12 years old? She looks young enough to be on the team herself. Probably just there for more loliservice.

Tomoka's got some skills, but she got owned by Subaru's reach ... nice episode.

4/5
Jul 9, 2011 6:02 AM

Apr 2008
Most va`s cry so loud and shitty :P
The only good crying I`ve seen is Ohana from Hanasaku Iroha, nice and quiet.

Jul 9, 2011 6:20 AM

Aug 2010
If Hinata even attempts a slam dunk this series will get a 10 from me.
Jul 9, 2011 6:27 AM

Oct 2007
Now they better not fill the show with pointless fillers.

As for the duel, I think she would have won somehow if she didn't restricted herself to not jump. Not saying that she is better than Subaru but just saying she is that good.
SivaJul 9, 2011 10:19 AM

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 9, 2011 7:23 AM

Jul 2010
woah...what a crappy anime oO so crappy its kinda funny again..
Jul 9, 2011 8:21 AM

Oct 2010
its a good show so far... that girl is really good at basketball!!! XD
Jul 9, 2011 9:01 AM

Apr 2011
Is this anime realli tat bad? I heard many ppl saying this show is crappy but i tink otherwise. It might not be as good as some other show this season but still reasonably nice. I just dun understand which part is crappy..... ...

Putting that aside, episode 2 was alot better than the previous one. I realli appeciate that they cut down on the fan service as im dun realli not a fan of it. Subaru deciding to remain as the girls basketball coach is heavily influence by Tomoka as many poster mentioned. Subaru must have notice Tomoka was in the same shoe as him. Both of them are very talented and love basketball. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, they need to give up on the sport they love. Tomoka however, still have some chances to retain her team.

>.< anyway Tomoka is cute >.<
Jul 9, 2011 10:13 AM

Nov 2008
Siva said:
Now they better now fill the show with pointless fillers.

As for the duel, I think she would have won somehow if she didn't restricted herself to not jump. Not saying that she is better than Subaru but just saying she is that good.

I doubt they will have filler eps just scenes, 2 straight episodes pretty much following the orginal source with a few minor scenes removed or a fanservice scene or two added to make time or enhance the experience makes good anime, also there are 6 volumes prior to the announcement of the anime with the 7th out today (I can't wait to read the 7th volume), they don't need filler episodes.

Jul 9, 2011 10:27 AM

Oct 2007
^

Fixed typos in my old comment a bit.

Well, I am glad to hear that. I hope good thing out of it.

One more thing, Is the manga focus more on Basketball or Fan-service?

Jul 9, 2011 10:30 AM

Nov 2008
Siva said:
^

Basketball and some melodrama, there is very little fanservice in the novel and manga, Baby Princess has a lot more than this.

Jul 9, 2011 10:58 AM

Apr 2010
Well, everybody asked for less ecchi, and they got it. This was much better than last week. I'm glad Subaru agreed to carry on coaching the team :)

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3
Jul 9, 2011 11:02 AM

Oct 2007
Hoppy said:
Siva said:
^

Basketball and some melodrama, there is very little fanservice in the novel and manga, Baby Princess has a lot more than this.

Cool~

Jul 9, 2011 12:05 PM

May 2011
First thought : Not enough Hinata >.>
Such a touching scene between Subaru and Tomoka. Tomoka is a younger girl version of Subaru I'd say. It sorta seems like Subaru really just wants to coach Tomoka, not the entire club =p.
Pretty nice plot, I am hooked now.
Jul 9, 2011 12:12 PM
May 2009
A little girl crying, damn the series found my weakness
Jul 9, 2011 12:20 PM
Apr 2011
Subaru vs. Tomoka was pretty good although unrealistic. A younger or same-age girl would get totally curb-stomped by a guy if both had equal amount of training and skill development. Her almost getting the drop on Subaru in the beginning could be y because he underestimated Tomoka I guess. The girls vs. boys match will probably give off a similar feeling of unrealism, which could be good if done right.
Jul 9, 2011 1:02 PM

Feb 2011
HawthorneKitty said:

They really are right little jerks. I loved the bit where Tomoka kicked their leader's ass in her backstory, he really deserved it. Hope the girls do it to them again and humiliate them in front of the whole school. Never seen a group of little jerks who deserved it more than them.

-Quasar said:

As he noted to Tomoka afterward, she wouldn't have wanted him to go easy on her, and that's true. Tomoka refused to use a jump shot because he handicapped the match by saying he wouldn't jump (an obviously fair handicap because of the difference in height & age). Tomoka would have been much more upset at winning because he went easier on her.

Enjoyed the 2nd episode, but hope there's more Hinata next episode. :D
Jul 9, 2011 1:49 PM
Aug 2010
so all i can say was it was cute
Jul 9, 2011 4:43 PM
Oct 2009
ushio-tou said:
Is this anime realli tat bad? I heard many ppl saying this show is crappy but i tink otherwise. It might not be as good as some other show this season but still reasonably nice. I just dun understand which part is crappy..... ...

Don't bother about it, they are mostly guys who keep screaming "generic moeshit!" and "stop putting lolis on my precious animu!". I'm normally extra cautious arround shows such as Ro-Kyu-Bu! because they can easily turn into a mediocre experience, but so far it has exceeded my expectations. Also... yeah, Tomoka is cute. AND, for a change, the male lead's got some hot skills and can do stuff by himself.
Jul 9, 2011 5:47 PM

Nov 2009
Actually really enjoying this, I agree, it's kinda like a Kodomo no Jikan Sports Edition in a way.

Certainly not complaining as I am a fan of both =)
Jul 9, 2011 6:17 PM

Apr 2011
Better then the first episode... i'm officially hooked!

Still this is way too loli, nonetheless i will watch it for sure!

5/5
Jul 9, 2011 7:07 PM

Jun 2010
Featured Profile:

Name: Maho Misawa
Birthdate: July 2nd (Cancer)
Blood Type: AB
Class: 6-C
Height: 145 cm (4-9)
Chest Size: None (she's very optimistic and thinks it's a mistake)
Position: Power Forward
Play Style: Athletic
Motto: Try harder
ninjaluc79Jul 15, 2011 6:44 PM
Jul 9, 2011 7:59 PM

Apr 2010
It was a better episode than the first one. Tomoka's story was pretty interesting, I was surprised to see how good she was at basketball as well. Looking forward to the match between the girls and boys.
Jul 9, 2011 9:43 PM

May 2009
not enough Hinata >w> this better change next ep or ill rage
Jul 9, 2011 10:16 PM

Aug 2010
KeiranShikari said:
If Hinata even attempts a slam dunk this series will get a 10 from me.

That would make my brain explode.
Jul 10, 2011 7:57 AM

Dec 2008
MorningGlory said:

So cute... I wish there was a net-chat like that.

Jul 10, 2011 8:04 AM

May 2010
Is it just me Subaru's sister really reminds me of Konata from Lucky Star?
Jul 10, 2011 9:02 AM

Jul 2010
Kana Hanazawa never ceases to amaze me in her voicing of cute characters.

Jul 10, 2011 9:13 AM

Feb 2011
ahmed_great2005 said:
Is it just me Subaru's sister really reminds me of Konata from Lucky Star?

She's not his sister, she's his aunt, and others have noted a similarity. I don't see it myself, Konata's much more laid back.
Jul 10, 2011 10:59 AM

Jul 2009
Subaru could probably beat the entire team himself if he had a reason too, but for now he'll be coaching them.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jul 10, 2011 11:09 AM

May 2010
tsubasalover said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Liking Subaru vs. Tomoka battle.

Oh yeah that small one on one not bad
Jul 10, 2011 7:34 PM
Jul 2011
If you people are interested in drama cd version, here are the links, these are raws though.
If anyone care to translate, then please do so.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svtRCU23-Y0

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l07f6aI5TY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Drama cd song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS3wl-vwfZ0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

I'm not accurate on the story, but it is about how these five girls, in class, discuss what do they want to do or to be in the future and each girls shows their imagination.
Jul 11, 2011 11:05 AM

Apr 2011
Is it just me or did Subaru's increasing level of pedo get noticed in this episode?

I'm thinking he'll do something illegal before this series is over
Jul 11, 2011 11:09 AM

Nov 2008
GJ8 said:
Is it just me or did Subaru's increasing level of pedo get noticed in this episode?

I'm thinking he'll do something illegal before this series is over

He hasn't done any illegal acts in the novel so far.

Jul 11, 2011 3:06 PM

Jul 2010
Getting pretty interesting now. Hopefully he can teach them some tricks and make them win! It's the cliche "I want to protect your dream and not let you end up like me", but I like it nonetheless.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2011

92 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 1, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 16, 2011

34 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 1, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 9, 2011

44 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 1, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2011

46 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 1, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 26, 2011

54 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 1, 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.