Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 9, 2011 9:33 AM
Mar 2011
boring eye candy anime
Jul 9, 2011 9:45 AM

Jun 2009
Pretty nice; I’m not exactly fan of the IDOLM@STER franchise in general, but it’ll be enjoyable to get through it. Or so I hope.

I didn’t especially love or hate this first episode; it wasn’t impressive or terrible. The cast is vast, so they got plenty of material to work in. I just wish they do.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Jul 9, 2011 12:50 PM

May 2011
Don't really know what this is about so I can't really tell if I like this or not. But my first thought on this episode was, what the hell did I just watch...
The first person perspective is definitely unique, but it seems weird to me so I don't really like it. Is it going to be like this the entire time? :s It got really boring because of this.
Too many characters for me to remember, but for some reason Iori really stood out to me. Gotta give this a couple more episodes and see how it develops before I can say whether its good or not.
Jul 9, 2011 4:41 PM

Apr 2008
Looks like a cute series. All of the girls have very well defined personalities. Still not sure if this is one I will continue to follow yet though.

And to this:

Rich Girl Idol said:
Charles du Gaulle XVIII!

Who's going to remember that?

*points to the bunny*

I hereby dub thee "Chuck"! And thou shalt heretofore be referred to as "Chuck" for all thine days!

...or something like that. =-P
Jul 9, 2011 5:06 PM

Dec 2009
I've been waiting for this , and I'm glad that this turned out pretty well^^

4/5
yuno6.jpg
Jul 9, 2011 5:23 PM

Oct 2009
kimmiechan said:
Looks like a cute series. All of the girls have very well defined personalities. Still not sure if this is one I will continue to follow yet though.

And to this:

Rich Girl Idol said:
Charles du Gaulle XVIII!

*points to the bunny*

I hereby dub thee "Chuck"! And thou shalt heretofore be referred to as "Chuck" for all thine days!

Iori's bunny is actually named "Usa-chan", she just tries to lie and change his name to something sophisticated.
Jul 9, 2011 5:26 PM

Mar 2011
ZeroZx said:
Don't really know what this is about so I can't really tell if I like this or not. But my first thought on this episode was, what the hell did I just watch...

My thoughts exactly. Just WTF was what I thought after watching this. Not too sure whether I like it or not so I'll stick around for another ep before deciding.
Jul 9, 2011 6:59 PM

Jan 2008
I really liked this first episode. I don't care what anyone says, the documentary format was very fun and fresh. I also like quite a few of the characters, so I'm happy I decided to try this one out!
Jul 9, 2011 7:38 PM

Jan 2011
The majority of my thoughts are in my blog post about the first episode, but I'd like to say it was MUCH more then I was expecting. I'm really looking forward to more! (=
Jul 10, 2011 12:15 AM

Aug 2009
lostty said:
I really liked this first episode. I don't care what anyone says, the documentary format was very fun and fresh. I also like quite a few of the characters, so I'm happy I decided to try this one out!

^ Pretty much how I feel.

Gonna stick with this one then.
Jul 10, 2011 1:27 AM
Jun 2009
I think this anime should be called this instead:

Capitalism in the Musical Industry: The Animation.
Jul 10, 2011 1:34 AM

Dec 2010
More like:
A Study in Burnish and Rivaling Intrigue
Jul 10, 2011 4:35 AM

Feb 2008
I was pretty excited when I open up the file
*after watching*
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
INTERVIEW EPISODE!?

Guess I'll have to wait another week for the actual story >_>
Such a fan-only episode.
Jul 10, 2011 5:05 AM

Apr 2010
HOUOUINKYOMA said:
*after watching*
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
INTERVIEW EPISODE!?

Such a fan-only episode.

You'll be waiting a while, since I doubt there will ever be any kind of story. Just cute girls doing cute things with a weekly insert song, I'd imagine.

Jul 10, 2011 9:29 AM

Apr 2008
Ousto said:
kimmiechan said:

And to this:

Rich Girl Idol said:
Charles du Gaulle XVIII!

*points to the bunny*

Iori's bunny is actually named "Usa-chan", she just tries to lie and change his name to something sophisticated.

Usa-chan, Chuck, both are cute.... =P
Jul 10, 2011 9:33 AM

Nov 2008
RyanSaotome said:
HOUOUINKYOMA said:
*after watching*
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
INTERVIEW EPISODE!?

Such a fan-only episode.

You'll be waiting a while, since I doubt there will ever be any kind of story. Just cute girls doing cute things with a weekly insert song, I'd imagine.

There will be no story, if this keeps following the games and it will, it will cute girls doing cute things + all of the idol related content (concerts are likely) and an insert song for the ED.

Jul 10, 2011 10:16 AM

Jun 2008
Honestly, once again. anyone who's expecting story or plot please GTFO now, because then you'll just be disappointed and then try to share your disappointment with the forum which will really ruin the ones who's actually enjoying this.

Tips on how to enjoy this:
1. Like a character (or more) and stick with it
2. Do not expect any plot or story
3. Treat it as another "just for lulz"

This anime is about The development of the idol candidates into top idols, It's a 100% adaptation from the game, which also doesn't have any "real" story. So, you'll just see more about Character development rather than story development.

but honestly that doesn't mean it's going to be shallow, there's a reason why Idolmaster is the most popular franchise in Japan, because it's just fun and people enjoy their interaction with the characters and the songs in the game.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 10, 2011 5:24 PM

Jan 2008
Pretty enjoyable episode, but it felt somewhat empty at the same time. Can't put my finger on it. Not saying it was bad, in fact, it felt refreshing with the whole documentary style. I'm just not sure if i could stand the one-sided dialogs for 10-20 + episodes...

I'll definitely stick with it for now. It has a ton of potential.
Jul 10, 2011 10:54 PM

Sep 2008
I've forgotten to make a post, but I guess I'll do that now xD

Coming from a fan of the games, I am definitely content with this episode. It gave me a taste of all the characters I love and the first person point of view of the game. I believe these decisions were just to please the fans of the games before moving on into an anime. And maybe, for those who enjoyed it, to advertise the games? I'm not sure how these things work xD

Well, for those new to the franchise, I think you should give this another chance if you're undecided. Though it may disappoint most fans that the Producer has been given a face, I think this it solely to keep anime fans interested. I don't expect him to be given a name other that "Producer", though, which is fine by me :]

Also, though you may not be as excited as I am for the next episode, I suggest taking this series at a slower pace, maybe? Watch it in your free time, don't drop everything for it. I'd rather you'd enjoy the series, than regret watching it over doing other things.

kaimax said:
This anime was made for the fanbase while trying to be easy on curios newcomers.

I agree with this statement xD

kaimax said:
Honestly, once again. anyone who's expecting story or plot please GTFO now, because then you'll just be disappointed and then try to share your disappointment with the forum which will really ruin the ones who's actually enjoying this.

Tips on how to enjoy this:
1. Like a character (or more) and stick with it
2. Do not expect any plot or story
3. Treat it as another "just for lulz"

This anime is about The development of the idol candidates into top idols, It's a 100% adaptation from the game, which also doesn't have any "real" story. So, you'll just see more about Character development rather than story development.

but honestly that doesn't mean it's going to be shallow, there's a reason why Idolmaster is the most popular franchise in Japan, because it's just fun and people enjoy their interaction with the characters and the songs in the game.

This a really agree with. After following the characters for a long time, I've grown a love for all of them, especially my favorites. It is easier to love it if you love a character~ :D
Jul 11, 2011 2:39 AM

Oct 2010
kaimax said:
WHOA! There could be one with a slice of life. Can we like get a marriage of each one with random guy with no face? That could be a slice of life end plot. Well Idol stuff is always life stuff.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 11, 2011 8:36 AM

Jul 2008
Wow this is rated so low!
Jul 11, 2011 8:39 AM

Nov 2008
GarLogan78 said:

That's only on MAL, just wait until the sales come in, just legally putting anything related to this series on anything even an old boot will guarantee sales.

Jul 11, 2011 9:49 AM

Aug 2010
I like the feeling of this show. I will definitely keep watching.
Jul 11, 2011 11:52 AM

Apr 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
kaimax said:
WHOA! There could be one with a slice of life. Can we like get a marriage of each one with random guy with no face? That could be a slice of life end plot. Well Idol stuff is always life stuff.

Marrying them would rage the otaku to no end.

Hoppy said:
GarLogan78 said:

That's only on MAL, just wait until the sales come in, just legally putting anything related to this series on anything even an old boot will guarantee sales.

Yeah, I expect this to be the next K-On, with a good 30-35k sales at the least. This franchise is massive in Japan.
RyanSaotomeJul 11, 2011 11:57 AM

Jul 11, 2011 1:29 PM

Jul 2010
Girls, girls and more girls! O_O

Pretty nice setting, but I wonder how long they can keep this interesting. We'll see.

Jul 11, 2011 2:35 PM

Oct 2010
RyanSaotome said:
Yumekichi11 said:
kaimax said:
Well that's why I suggested the no faces so anyone can think it is them. It would be nice.

Any of these girls have their pasts revealed in their game?

Jul 11, 2011 3:38 PM

Oct 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
RyanSaotome said:
Yumekichi11 said:
kaimax said:
Well that's why I suggested the no faces so anyone can think it is them. It would be nice.

Any of these girls have their pasts revealed in their game?

Chihaya does, she has the most heavy story of all the girls in the game.
Jul 12, 2011 6:21 AM

Oct 2010
Ousto said:

Chihaya does, she has the most heavy story of all the girls in the game.
Cool! I would so love it if they reveal the past of the girls but most of all do things that have not been done in the games or previous animes. Past revealings is one, families revealed and life elements not revealed before.

Jul 12, 2011 10:53 AM

Oct 2009
Some of my favorite seiyuus, some very familiar characther desgins.

Will off course be watching.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2011 10:51 AM

May 2010
Idols huh !!
Jul 13, 2011 11:05 AM

Apr 2010
YEX said:
Idols huh !!

Yes, thats right.
RyanSaotomeJul 13, 2011 11:12 AM

Jul 14, 2011 10:06 AM

Jun 2009
I love it <3
Jul 15, 2011 4:09 AM

Jun 2008
LOL, everyone will be surprised if they did some deeper character revealing if it's for yukiho.

Spoiler only for game fans

Jul 15, 2011 5:55 PM

Feb 2010
My fave is Makoto but I guess it's cause she looks like a guy x'D
I wasn't sure at first :P I guess I would be one of the female fans of hers.
Jul 15, 2011 6:24 PM

Oct 2009
RPSkillz said:

Too bad Makoto doesn't want female fans, and desperately tries to get more male fans. So far though, Makoto seems to be the most popular character of them all in the anime.
Jul 16, 2011 4:08 PM

Nov 2009
RPSkillz said:

ha i really liked makoto too. i thought she was a guy at first.....im also glad im not the only girl watching this anime lol....-_-' i just thought it looked interesting but i might end up dropping it....i just think the concept of becoming an idol is really interesting

we'll see
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2011 9:08 PM

Mar 2009
What the...

this has absolutely nothing to do with Berserk.
Jul 19, 2011 6:53 PM

Jun 2008
Crash course introduction video

Might help some to understand a bit. This is not including Takane and Hibiki, since both were not in the Xbox idolmaster, they were prototype characters along with Miki in the arcade game.

Jul 26, 2011 1:31 AM
Mar 2011
Favorite three are Miki-Miki, Makoto, and Yayoi.

Miki-Miki looks like shes a fan of trees.
Aug 15, 2011 8:47 PM

Dec 2010
Love the art style. The way the animation was directed was also nice. Story was kind of boring though which made me give this a 7/10.

Aug 20, 2011 12:20 PM

Aug 2010
Seen quite a few discussion about this, decided to see for myself what all the fuss is about. Seems like an okay show, nothing that great though. Will continue watching to see if it gets better. 4/5.
Sep 10, 2011 1:49 PM

Apr 2008
Hmm, pretty good so far (considering i didn't like K-ON at all)! Remembering all of the girls will be a chore (i'm liking Chihaya, Miki-Miki and the twins), but so far so good. Liked the documentary-style presentation.

3.5/5
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Oct 16, 2011 9:55 PM

Oct 2010
im surprised that i liked this so much. What i was really intrested in was in the begining they didn't show the protagonist's face or voice and i wondered if the whole anime was going to be like that. Kinda dissapointed that it's not, but im still going to watch all of it. :3

also, that "Thank you very-" bumbs head into train door* was just too adorable and too funny! XD
Oct 25, 2011 4:48 PM

Sep 2010
Meh~
I disliked the whole documentary-style thing.
Hopefully something slightly more... engaging? will happen next episode. The entire time I was just waiting for more background music or something, seemed pretty dull.
Nov 22, 2011 11:11 AM

Sep 2009
I'm glad the producer talk and have a character.....if not that will be awkward to watch since i don't play the game.
Dec 28, 2011 9:05 PM

Aug 2011
This was a pretty cute episode. I love the character design and the animation was so smooth. The approach of introducing all the characters was pretty interesting. I've been looking for a sweet, cute, not-super-dramaic anime lately, hopefully this anime will fill that void. I'll give the next episode a try.
Jan 30, 2012 11:43 PM

May 2009
I love to hate on Chihaya. Nobody likes her.

Hey, I like her! She's my favorite character in the series!

Ah I see so no showers? No naked stuff? Oh my! Such a waste considering the male fan base, I would be sure 100% the sale of fan service in this would go over the roof. Well at least there should be the ecchi comedy and the beach segment. Perhaps even the onsen one. Well there shall be lots of money lost if fan service is not done IMO. The game and industry of this franchise are doing amazingly and it's such a waste when you have less popular animes take in ecchi but that it does not bring in gold like this one may.

I don't know about you, but I actually am pleasantly surprised that this series does not have much in the way of fanservice. I've seen a few more episodes; looking at Takane's/Miki's cleavage is about all the fanservice you'll get. This is, frankly, a good thing because the characters are basically children anyway.

i loved it. also liking the first-person thing they did. i hope it keeps that format atleast most of the time.

Sorry, one episode only. Or not even that. I guess they figured it'd be too similar to the game if they went all the way with that. That said, the Producer character is still pretty nondescript and generic.

And do all the girls have to act ditsy and seem like they are mentally years behind their physical age?

I'm actually rather surprised that these characters are officially claimed to be teenagers, since (as I noted above) they look and act like children. Well, except the older/more mature ones like Chihaya, Miki, Takane, and Azusa.

Thought that K-on with its retarded protagonists was bad and insulting? God, this one has 13 of them and from what I've seen their QI isn't that high either.

Seriously, how can someone enjoy this?

From having seen subsequent episodes, I can tell you that character development actually happens to these characters.

FWIW I haven't seen K-On! so I don't have that to compare this to.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jul 8, 2012 3:42 PM

Nov 2011
Reminds me of K-on with a much larger cast
Jul 17, 2012 8:22 AM

Jan 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyxhWrJypA8
my main reason why im gonna check this anime out
Aug 7, 2012 4:20 AM

Jul 2012
1st episode kept me interested to watch more. Liked how the whole episode went as a "documentary", great way to gain more insight on the wide cast of characters. Hope each character has good character development =D
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Aug 11, 2011

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Aug 4, 2011

68 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 30, 7:12 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Jul 28, 2011

81 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 30, 7:01 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Jul 21, 2011

83 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 23, 6:55 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Jul 14, 2011

93 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 22, 9:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.