Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 7, 2011 11:45 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A day in the life of the idols with added mayhem.

Excellent introductions of each character and didn't spare any personality quirks and such

Yukiho with a shovel was funny, pretty much confirms that she will dig a hole and bury herself if given a chance. Way to go above and beyond for newcomers and fans of the series.

I love the friendship between Iori and Yayoi, it's nice to see a rich and poor girl get along.

Azusa has a nice rack so does Miki, my god besides practice and concerts does she sleep like this all day, I know she's lazy, but this is overdoing it.

Ami and Mami are a mess like usual, Iori is somewhat a mess as well.

Hibiki shouldn't bring pets in the building, she ends up losing them anyway however it was quite nice seeing the hamster removed from between Miki's breasts without showing any fanservice.

Takane is her usual self.

Haruka hitting her head on the subway door was kinda cute.

This is what Idolmaster should have been years ago, not that mecha crap. Will watch until the end

ED song was excellent

5/5

a tentative 10/10

Jul 7, 2011 11:54 AM

Feb 2008
Best anime of the year.

I'm calling it.

Jul 7, 2011 11:57 AM

Nov 2008
Veronin said:
Best anime of the year.

I'm calling it.

If it does turn into a harem, the series will still sell better than sex and the 10 will most likely stand.

Jul 7, 2011 12:17 PM

Aug 2009
spent more time watching the Pajama Party of the VAs on Nico Nico Douga than I did actually watching the show.

Documentary style. Interesting
no
Jul 7, 2011 12:20 PM

Aug 2008
I was thinking they will not show his face till the end.
Jul 7, 2011 12:22 PM

Jul 2010
will be a gomi anime?
Jul 7, 2011 2:02 PM

Feb 2008
Of course the will be a Male producer like it was on the game.

All this years of waiting the anime finally been released, oh yeah I like Futami twins :)

Good job Miki!

Very nice introducent by you hehe, lol

Looking forward to see how the anime will be.

Nice characters introducent

9.5/10

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 7, 2011 2:10 PM

Oct 2010
This is my first time seeing this series and all I can say is that now I understand the whole hype about the game series of this, lots of girls and different types, genres and appeals. No wonder any person will like this, it has a lot of variations with the girls. I can already call it dibs on Takane Shijou as follows,

first appearance and already I like her.

Lovely group pose is lovely as follows,

now that is lots of variations with the girls. This may be amazing for a harem variation but no in the sense one guy many girls but as the environment having many girls.

• Hibiki and Yukiho along with the other girl are nicely introduced in the spoiler
    what I find appealing about it is Hibiki's fang. Now that is nice.

• Yeah it seems cleavage may be a ecchi factor in the spoiler
    and I wonder whose it that. But euh, yeah it may be a factor of ecchi although I wonder if they will offer more fan service with the other idols.

• The twins in the spoiler
    are a super plus for me. I will most likely like them a lot. They are funny and full of energy.
So I am wondering by engaging myself with this series if it shall be music/concerts/interactions between the girls while having come of their private life revealed or will it be something else that I should know now! Anyone knows what this may be exactly about and what type of fan service is already out in the games or other animes of this genre.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 7, 2011 2:13 PM

Aug 2010
-.- I was kinda shock when they show the face of the producer.=.= megane.
Jul 7, 2011 3:48 PM

Oct 2009
I've been a fan of the idolm@ster for a while now, and I've been EXTREMELY excited for the anime to start, a real adaptation this time. *cough*xenoglossia*cough* AND IT'S FINALLY HERE. ;_; Oh god it's everything I could have imagined and more.

Ahhh Haruka, clumsy as always. First thing I notice is the animation, very fluid. Love it.
HNNNGH MAKOTO. Oh god I love her.
I guess there's no OP for the first episode.
Ritsuko ~ one of my favorites. Ami and Mami showing up in the shot was funny.

Since Ami and Mami have the same voice actor and an identical voice, it's funny hearing them talk together. Also, for people confused, Mami is the one with the longer hair, and it's tied to the right. Ami is the one with the opposite. It's a lot easier to tell them apart now, compared to before when they had the same length of hair.

Hibiki is another one of my favorites. Dat fang.
Yukiho is a cry baby like always. Lmao @ the shovel.
YAYOI OH GOD MY SECOND FAVORITE. Hnnngh she is so cute.
Iori~ the tsundere queen. Nihihi. Her acting all nice for the camera is adorable.

I love to hate on Chihaya. Nobody likes her. People who watch Steins;Gate may notice she also does the voice of Kurisu.

AZUSA. She is my absolute favorite. Hnnngh
Takane is awesome too, another in my top favorites list.

LOL the hamster going into Miki's boobs. Miki's so lazy. But you gotta love her. Afu~

Kotori is cute. I actually had a dream last night that she was in, she was showing me around to some kind of amusement park lol.

Vocal practice...those track suits are cute. Everyone has one in their image color lol.
Yukiho is so shy...always ready to dig a hole and burry herself in it.

The song playing on the speakers during the scene with Haruka and Kotori handing out flyers is Taiyou no Jealousy

(I'll probably be indetifying all the songs show in the anime, to save people from having to ask questions about "what song was playing at ___")

The song Chihaya was singing after that scene was Aoi Tori

Takane is always so refined. ~ Hibiki always so full of energy. Has so many pets.

Azusa is the oldest of them all at 21. I fear if they ever make a idolm@ster 3, that Azusa will retire because she's "too old" ;_; Her role was already reduced in the 2nd one due to seiyuu time constraints. She's got the biggest boobs of them all too. Chihaya has the smallest and is self concious about them. I'm really glad Azusa keeps her long beautiful hair for the anime and didn't chop it all off...yet. I love how she always gets lost.

Yayoi is so hardworking~

HAHA Haruka bumping her head on the train door.

The ED theme is The World is All One and it's pretty much the main theme of the 2nd game. They even animated the dance for it! Dance for "The World is All One" from the game I love how they even kept the little title card for the song, just like the games. The world is all one ~ Unity Mind~

FFFFFFFFFFFF The anime WILL have a producer?! Well, I don't really mind, depending on the direction it takes. If it turns into a harem I will be pissed. I really thought that they wouldn't have the producer though and Ritsuko would just take his place. I guess they decided to create a design for him just for the anime. It kind of ruins the whole "the player is the producer" thing by giving him a character and voice/face.

I wonder if next episode will be focusing on Azusa? I sure hope so.

This was a perfect adaptation, so looking forward to the other episodes. I couldn't wait for subs so I watched it raw, it was actually pretty easy to follow. But I'm going to watch it again when subs come out. I may do this for the whole 25 episodes.

Also curious, how many people are watching this and weren't familiar with the franchise beforehand? :0 I'm expecting the anime to bring in a lot of new fans to the series.
OustoJul 7, 2011 4:38 PM
Jul 7, 2011 4:19 PM

Mar 2010
A-1 Pictures did not disappoint me with IM@S (I was glad that the studio kept the quality of the animation pretty high) and this could be "the show" of this summer season!

Jul 7, 2011 4:32 PM

Oct 2009
Yumekichi11 said:

and I wonder whose it that. But euh, yeah it may be a factor of ecchi although I wonder if they will offer more fan service with the other idols

• Those are Azusa's boobs lol. Don't get your hopes up for ecchi, if there is any fanservice in this, it will be very vanilla. It's not that kind of game/anime.
    OustoJul 7, 2011 4:38 PM
    Jul 7, 2011 4:53 PM

Oct 2010
    Ousto said:
    Yumekichi11 said:

and I wonder whose it that. But euh, yeah it may be a factor of ecchi although I wonder if they will offer more fan service with the other idols

• Those are Azusa's boobs lol. Don't get your hopes up for ecchi, if there is any fanservice in this, it will be very vanilla. It's not that kind of game/anime.
    Ah I see so no showers? No naked stuff? Oh my! Such a waste considering the male fan base, I would be sure 100% the sale of fan service in this would go over the roof. Well at least there should be the ecchi comedy and the beach segment. Perhaps even the onsen one. Well there shall be lots of money lost if fan service is not done IMO. The game and industry of this franchise are doing amazingly and it's such a waste when you have less popular animes take in ecchi but that it does not bring in gold like this one may.

I do agree with you that it should be very vanilla.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
    Jul 7, 2011 4:58 PM

Oct 2009
    Yumekichi11 said:
    Ousto said:
    Yumekichi11 said:

Ah I see so no showers? No naked stuff? Oh my! Such a waste considering the male fan base, I would be sure 100% the sale of fan service in this would go over the roof. Well at least there should be the ecchi comedy and the beach segment. Perhaps even the onsen one. Well there shall be lots of money lost if fan service is not done IMO. The game and industry of this franchise are doing amazingly and it's such a waste when you have less popular animes take in ecchi but that it does not bring in gold like this one may.

I do agree with you that it should be very vanilla.

You can probably expect a beach episode (they have bikini outfits in the game), an onsen episode, a a couple of shower scenes maybe. But it will all be very light. Fanservice is definitely not going to be running rampant in this series.

I'm not a fan of fanservice though, so the less the better for me. -3-
    Jul 7, 2011 5:08 PM

Jul 2010
    As someone who hasn't played or followed the IdolM@ster brand, I can say I really enjoyed this first episode. Didn't feel boring at all.
    Jul 7, 2011 5:19 PM

Nov 2007
    Where's Producer-san's giant P-head?
    Jul 7, 2011 6:22 PM

Nov 2010
    Miki Hoshii best char hands down.... doesnt even need to say anything.... and i was starting to worry that the main guy would not actually talk through out the whole anime xD
    QueueQJul 8, 2011 7:51 AM
    Jul 7, 2011 7:35 PM
    Oct 2010
    Very nice first episode! I was waiting for IM@S's anime adaption since the announcement, and I'm glad it looks great so far!

First episode and Chihaya singing Aoi Tori (already) was kinda unexpected for me though.
    Hoping to hear more songs from the game as the series goes on!
    Jul 8, 2011 12:22 AM

Sep 2010
    Oh god yes. Must wait for download. D:
    Jul 8, 2011 1:10 AM

Aug 2008
    ...that was pretty bad.
    Jul 8, 2011 1:12 AM

Apr 2010
    That was pretty great. I think its going to easily be my anime of the season.

Jul 8, 2011 3:01 AM

Mar 2011
    I'm kinda liking the first person approach in the first 20 minutes of the episode. It gives a more personal approach to introducing the characters.

I also love the character design. A1 Pictures definitely score again when it comes to doing character design in a slice of life anime. I feel like i'm watching a KyoAni anime with the color scehem of a Bones studio anime. That fits well with the characters and the visuals.

The OP also sounds awesome. In the next few weeks, i might be playing it on my iPod. It's good, and nice to listen to.

Oh, and pretty much my favourite "idol" has to be the producer Ritsuko. I like hot librarians and hot businesswomen, and she embodies both of those characteristics. And since she's also an idol while being a producer, that made me love her more. To me, the other characters are nice but they struck as a little cliche.

So far, i can't wait for the next episode. And A1 does it again, with Ano hana and now this, they might be swimming in cash right now.
    Jul 8, 2011 3:15 AM

Sep 2010
    *Thumbs up*
    Jul 8, 2011 3:20 AM

Nov 2010
    i loved it. also liking the first-person thing they did. i hope it keeps that format atleast most of the time.
    Jul 8, 2011 3:45 AM

Sep 2008
    Where are my mechas?
    I think the only girl I don't like is Iori, must be the voice. Azusa would have to be my favorite as she is the oldest.
    Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
    Jul 8, 2011 3:46 AM

Aug 2010
    Not impressed, won't be following this one. I expected more. TBH, I had to quit halfway through the episode because I was bored. There are quite a few anime this season which are better (IMO though, YMMV)
    I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
    Jul 8, 2011 4:08 AM

Mar 2011
    HawthorneKitty said:
    Where are my mechas?
    I think the only girl I don't like is Iori, must be the voice. Azusa would have to be my favorite as she is the oldest.

Iori is voiced by Rie Kugimiya, tht's why.
    Jul 8, 2011 4:13 AM

Aug 2008
    That was like a police lineup for the most irritating female character archetypes -_-
    The Cart Driver <-- My awesome anime blog
    Jul 8, 2011 4:17 AM

Apr 2010
    Jul 8, 2011 4:20 AM

Jul 2010
    That was a good episode. This should be fun to watch.
    Jul 8, 2011 4:24 AM

Mar 2011
    5camp said:
    That was like a police lineup for the most irritating female character archetypes -_-

Which is why i like Ritsuko because she's pretty mcuh the least cliche character in the series.
    Jul 8, 2011 4:30 AM

Oct 2009
    RyanSaotome said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6RnbQnZPFA

Iori is the best.

I never took notice to Iori until 2, when she got a makeover that really grabbed my attention.

She has some of the cutest songs. (In case anyone ever wanted to hear Rie Kugimiya singing Renai Circulation)
    Jul 8, 2011 4:59 AM

Jan 2008
    I like Iori. But I think Miki is the cutest. This makes me want to play the games <3
    Jul 8, 2011 6:19 AM

Oct 2009
    So great! Such a unique directional style used to introduce the characters. Everything worked out in the end. Tekane gorgeous, Ritsuko is cool, Makoto is a bro, and Miki is enjoyably silly. Can't wait for the next episode.

That male producer worries me though... Please do not degrade into harem bullshit!
    Jul 8, 2011 6:20 AM

Oct 2010
    this is a really good show!!i mean, it can appeal to anyone and everyone! :D
    loving it so far!!
    Jul 8, 2011 6:51 AM

Nov 2008
    Taufiq91 said:

So far, i can't wait for the next episode. And A1 does it again, with Ano hana and now this, they might be swimming in cash right now.

The Understatement of the Season.

Jul 8, 2011 7:28 AM
    Jun 2008
    This episode really remind me of those AV actor intro.

anyway,too many name intro.In the end, I can't even remember even one of them >.>"

Jul 8, 2011 7:50 AM

Jun 2008
    Everyone who feels that they are not attracted to the cast and "hoped" for a serious plot, please feel free to GTFO.

This anime was made for the fanbase while trying to be easy on curios newcomers.
    -------------------
    That was one of the best adaption I've seen, next to Amagami and TWGOK.
    Need more YUKIPYON~~~~ XD

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
    http://randomnessthing.com/
    Jul 8, 2011 7:51 AM

Mar 2011
    Wow what agreat introductory episode, looking forward to this oen definitely.
    Haha, Yukiho trying to dig a hole made me laugh ;)
    Courtesy of Paul
    Jul 8, 2011 9:16 AM

Oct 2008
    Yaya, the girls are nice...
    What bothers the hell out of me is the silent protagonist...

It's so awkward having them seem like they are having a conversation with themselves... And do all the girls have to act ditsy and seem like they are mentally years behind their physical age?

I haven't played the game and don't think I ever will...
    Guess this does not cater to me and there are far better shows to watch.

EDIT: It seems that the "silent protagonist" actually gets a voice at the end. I stopped watching before I got to that point so I guess I'll give episode 2 a shot too.
    OmniknightJul 8, 2011 9:20 AM
    Jul 8, 2011 9:18 AM
    May 2011
    i still find it hilarious that this is vin diesles favorite game, im not kidding
    Jul 8, 2011 9:44 AM
    Jan 2011
    Felt so long and boring. I'll watch the next episode for improvements since it doesn't seem like a documentary after the ending. Hopefully this isn't totally like K-ON!.
    Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
    http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Jul 8, 2011 9:44 AM

Oct 2007
    I hope we are not seeing only them talking back to my screen for an entire episode of each of those episodes. I know what this game is but is anime after all.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
    Jul 8, 2011 10:18 AM

Nov 2007
    Someone take away my pillow. I can just watch this and fall asleep. was bored to death. will see the next episode to see if there is any improvements.
    Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
    Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
    Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
    Coronavirus.
    Jul 8, 2011 10:22 AM

Nov 2007
    It was, um, fairly er... interesting to say in the least.

Jul 8, 2011 10:27 AM

Oct 2009
    Omniknight said:
    Yaya, the girls are nice...
    What bothers the hell out of me is the silent protagonist...

It's so awkward having them seem like they are having a conversation with themselves...

It's kind of like a shout out to the games, since it's exactly like that. The format was most likely only for the first episode.
    Jul 8, 2011 10:29 AM

Jan 2010
    This was boring, I'll wait next episode before deciding to drop it or not.
    Jul 8, 2011 10:42 AM

May 2010
    thats was sooo bad! definetly trash anime! dropped. so many other good animes this season and this shit is just not worth my time.
    Jul 8, 2011 10:48 AM

Jan 2011
    if the producer didn't showed up in the end i would have droped it, but since he did show up, i gotta admit that it was actually a nice introduction to the whole cast... i hope this 1st person thing doesn't continue ...
    Jul 8, 2011 11:07 AM
    Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
    Very interesting and nice anime xD I got pissed though when cameraman didnt talk but it wrote text xD thatnk god he talked in end AND SHOWED FACE ALSO FFGS!!!
    Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Aug 4, 2011

68 by gannoncannon55 »»
    Apr 30, 7:12 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Jul 28, 2011

81 by gannoncannon55 »»
    Apr 30, 7:01 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Jul 21, 2011

83 by gannoncannon55 »»
    Apr 23, 6:55 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Jul 14, 2011

93 by gannoncannon55 »»
    Apr 22, 9:33 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ousto - Nov 17, 2011

204 by Mat2468xk »»
    Mar 10, 1:39 AM
    It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.