Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Apr 20, 2021 8:31 PM
Mar 2014
I like this. It's cute and wholesome
Jun 30, 2021 5:13 AM

Nov 2018
Making me tear up on first episode , seriously?
So touching
I hate everyone equally
Jul 26, 2021 4:44 AM

May 2018
Very wholesome! I will enjoy this a lot
Aug 13, 2021 12:07 AM

Jan 2021
Fantastic first episode!!
This was super refreshing to watch! And I also like the atmosphere!
Nov 18, 2021 3:41 AM

Dec 2020
oh wow it was really weird seeing them animated. decided to finally watch this after finishing the manga earlier this year (shit), way better than i was expecting. their voices really fit too.

can’t say i like the ost but that won’t affect my enjoyment of the series since i already loved the beginning of the manga and the characters hah
May 5, 2022 9:21 AM

Jul 2021
HOW THE FUCK DO HIS BALLS WORK AT THE AGE OF 79?
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 11, 2022 8:37 AM

Feb 2019
That's one irresponsible family. Just because you're unsure if she's really his kid doesn't mean you treat her like that. Fact is, the grandfather took care of her for years. Now she has no one and you want to put her in a care facility? Just because you can't accept the grandfather's actions does not mean you can abandon her just like that. It was great of Daikichi to take her in.
Feb 5, 2023 1:18 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I get teary eyed watching the scene with Rin giving the flowers to grandpa. Just something hits. Plus the quiet scenes that break up the family tension and focus more on Rin paticualrly make my heart ache.

The watercolor touches that are used sparringly really give more affect to the world and atmosphere.

The ED song too. It fits so well but also so warm.

Rin making rice balls at the end. Cute cute cute.
Feb 10, 2023 2:46 PM

Dec 2019
Wholesome. It's so wholesome.
Mar 13, 2023 8:08 AM

May 2022
finally going to watch this chill pill show. The ending song is really good.
Jul 28, 2023 9:54 AM

Nov 2010
I like the OP & ED song.
Interesting plot. Anyway, In my sickhead, I can't help but think of the Hikaru Genji Plan + Wincest while watching this. Hehe
Oh man, the death of a loved one. Very relatable and the one thing in the universe I still can't come to terms with.
Sep 25, 2023 10:38 PM
Sep 2019
Literally blown away by the music.
Oct 8, 2023 10:34 AM
Jul 2023
yeah i think its good enough vut the manga akward moment when i know its gonna be that way kekw
Dec 27, 2023 10:56 AM
Mar 2023
This anime sucks for sure, its original manga ending is dark when you know then- The dad and daughter relationship looks like, Guy 30's grooming his future wife who is still a child, I can't possibly explain how horrible it is. Because of this anime, I am afraid of Josei Anime.
Jan 20, 12:46 PM

Jun 2019
astroreload said:
This anime sucks for sure, its original manga ending is dark when you know then- The dad and daughter relationship looks like, Guy 30's grooming his future wife who is still a child, I can't possibly explain how horrible it is. Because of this anime, I am afraid of Josei Anime.

Nothing about the anime "sucks" because of what you described. The anime TV series, like any anime series, is its own entity and both can be, and is by many, watched very much as its own thing and experience. This was one of the first anime series I watched years ago, loved it, still one of my top favorites to this day, and at that time I hadn't even heard anything about a manga. It's kind of irrelevant to someone's experience as a viewer of the anime. Because anime add and omit things, create original endings or go on different courses all the time.

Whatever anyone thinks about the direction of the story in the manga, I don't see how it's relevant here. I don't have a strong opinion on it either way, but ultimately don't care about it as I haven't read it and don't read much manga in general. And I suspect many past and future watchers of this anime series are and will be the same.

Furthermore, it's completely inappropriate to divert and derail discussion here by placing this in a discussion thread topic specifically for the first episode of the anime series. People read these to get impressions of others' reactions to the episodes they just watched, not future episode or manga spoilers. Create a separate thread or at least place it at the series' end (episode 11) discussion. The very first rule for these episode discussion threads, literally at the top and with "DO NOT" in bold font and capital letters is: "DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads."
WatchTillTandavaJan 20, 12:52 PM
Jan 21, 4:11 AM
Mar 2023
Reply to WatchTillTandava
astroreload said:

Nothing about the anime "sucks" because of what you described. The anime TV series, like any anime series, is its own entity and both can be, and is by many, watched very much as its own thing and experience. This was one of the first anime series I watched years ago, loved it, still one of my top favorites to this day, and at that time I hadn't even heard anything about a manga. It's kind of irrelevant to someone's experience as a viewer of the anime. Because anime add and omit things, create original endings or go on different courses all the time.

Whatever anyone thinks about the direction of the story in the manga, I don't see how it's relevant here. I don't have a strong opinion on it either way, but ultimately don't care about it as I haven't read it and don't read much manga in general. And I suspect many past and future watchers of this anime series are and will be the same.

Furthermore, it's completely inappropriate to divert and derail discussion here by placing this in a discussion thread topic specifically for the first episode of the anime series. People read these to get impressions of others' reactions to the episodes they just watched, not future episode or manga spoilers. Create a separate thread or at least place it at the series' end (episode 11) discussion. The very first rule for these episode discussion threads, literally at the top and with "DO NOT" in bold font and capital letters is: "DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads."
@WatchTillTandava I completely respect your ethics about reviewing anime, but I want to alert people about the actual ending of anime with my review of the 1st episode. It's just that much. I have not watched Usagi Drop Post Episode 1, but I agree that anime is free of worries. Manga is a different story.
(*who are sensitive towards this kind of content that this may-like me)
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

» Knowing the manga ending ruined how I see this anime as a whole.

go1d1eaf - Oct 26, 2021

41 by Phantomnocomics »»
May 12, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 15, 2011

395 by E-Satie »»
May 5, 7:06 AM

» imagine

removed-user - Apr 3

10 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

HawthorneKitty - Jul 21, 2011

174 by astroreload »»
Dec 27, 2023 10:56 AM

» Live Action

JSeanaY - Aug 18, 2023

14 by imjayhime »»
Aug 24, 2023 7:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.