Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 3, 2011 6:53 AM

Jul 2010
Are you one of those idiots who find themselves watching this show and ragebitching afterwards?

clearly they do not disappoint, they are for more entertaining than the worst JC Staff anime.

back then Blood-C is announced. we have our girl, Kisaragi Saya, designed by CLAMP, and where in the story, as said, will also be done by CLAMP.
we also have an equation
Blood + C = Blood-C, a simple math

and now we have our noobs walking out here, totally unguarded, thinking they'll be watching another Blood+, and soon bam! they find themselves painstakingly hurt, crying along their way back into Blood/Blood+ "fan-tasm"

whose fault is this, why not smash your head to your monitors and keyboards for your minds to work properly, what are the use of PVs and CMs? its been utterly proven by those that you'll be watching a different Blood or as emphasized "a different anime altogether" if others prefer this statement.

what's the use of internet if they can't get information beforehand, or maybe they don't know how

anyway, continue your ragebitching guys, its actually "fun" to read, but i pity those that might suffer heart attacks from serious high blood pressure

for those who have read this and have still not seen the show yet and find your curiosity at its peak, just go ahead and watch, but if you have seen Blood/Blood+ don't expect this to be similar cause its not, and its CLAMP, so the art may not be for your taste

and i am foreseeing this kind of "situation" when Mobile Suit Gundam AGE airs, lots of guys would be prawling w/ their "disappointment" rambling just as well when it is announced, though i am one of them if i may say, but i have changed my mind now after watching the Mobile Suit Gundam.
AmberFebruaryJul 3, 2011 7:31 AM
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Jul 3, 2011 7:05 AM

Jun 2009
LMAO! I would love to agree with you but your outburst was still hilarious.

I mean, calm the fuck down man. There are people who won't like it no matter what so your rant is only falling to deaf ears.
Jul 3, 2011 7:43 AM

Jul 2010
-Quasar said:

I mean, calm the fuck down man. There are people who won't like it no matter what so your rant is only falling to deaf ears.

oh does my post look like i'm angry?, no, i'm just irritated, honestly, this post is entirely for those purist Blood/Blood+ fans., though i myself is Blood/Blood+ fan

and i really don't care if this fall into deaf ears, i made "my point" here
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Jul 3, 2011 7:49 AM
Jan 2011
So I don't need to watch blood + to watch this?
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Jul 3, 2011 8:08 AM

Jun 2009
AmberFebruary said:
-Quasar said:

oh does my post look like i'm angry?

Well, when your post includes smashing their heads on their keyboard and calling them noobs. It sure do looks like it.

xOriginalxSinx said:
So I don't need to watch blood + to watch this?

Yes.

Actually, you can watch any Blood Series without seeing the others first. They are all different from each other.
Jul 3, 2011 9:30 AM

Jul 2010
-Quasar said:
AmberFebruary said:
-Quasar said:

oh does my post look like i'm angry?

Well, when your post includes smashing their heads on their keyboard and calling them noobs. It sure do looks like it.

noobs? because their actions spoke for them like that, like they are noobs, like how come a single first episode can weight a series against a comparison to an already finished Blood+ for which title is better? surely those that think like that I will not hesitate to call "noobs", and why bother in a "comparison" if they themselves said Blood-C is an entirely "different anime"

well as for the smashing part, i really can say i'm angry there, i like violence you know and at the start of that paragraph it reaches its limit beyond my irritation
Jul 3, 2011 9:59 AM

Sep 2010
If you also like Blood-C then we are in the same league :)

Though I don't approved of this post, this sounds like a Blood-C fan enraged and is suffering from high blood pressure to the point of having a heart attack is a high possibility.

Ironic?
Jul 3, 2011 10:54 AM

Jun 2009
AmberFebruary said:
Blood + CLAMP = Train Wreck, simple math.
Fixed that for you. Most of us who heard about this months ago knew that it would be a disaster. I'm mostly watching Blood-C for all the rage that there will be between the fandoms.
Jul 3, 2011 12:09 PM

Apr 2009
OP relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Every animu has people who bitch, moan and groan about it. Nothing new to see here.
Jul 3, 2011 12:21 PM

Jul 2009
I agree with everything except

Blood + C =/= Blood - C

LOL
Jul 3, 2011 1:25 PM

Jun 2010
I didn't like Blood+ and I gave this a try because it is CLAMP. And of course it will be different, different direction.

The first episode wasn't that great but hey, it is interesting enough. I wonder if Blood-C will have 2 seasons like Tsubasa/xxxHolic or it will be directly 50 episodes like Blood+...
Jul 3, 2011 3:29 PM

Jul 2010
Ghostalker said:
If you also like Blood-C then we are in the same league :)

Though I don't approved of this post, this sounds like a Blood-C fan enraged and is suffering from high blood pressure to the point of having a heart attack is a high possibility.

Ironic?

Did i sound like a Blood-C fan? perhaps, but already? NO, i'm NOT, maybe or maybe not in future, we will see
i made this post because it irritates me everytime to see a comment resembling "this is nothing like Blood/Blood+" because they already made a point that it will be not
actually i haven't add this to my watching list yet because i haven't watched it "properly" and that is w/ a 720p HDTV release

anyway, since i only linger in anime threads in its first couple of episodes, you'll soon see me out here so if anyone don't like this post go ahead, i don't care

StellaNoxFleuret said:
I didn't like Blood+ and I gave this a try because it is CLAMP. And of course it will be different, different direction.

The first episode wasn't that great but hey, it is interesting enough. I wonder if Blood-C will have 2 seasons like Tsubasa/xxxHolic or it will be directly 50 episodes like Blood+...

i heard it is only 1-cour, meaning 12-13 episodes, not sure
Jul 3, 2011 3:42 PM

Jul 2007
DrHouse said:
AmberFebruary said:
Blood + CLAMP = Train Wreck, simple math.

pretty much this.

Blood+ was as enjoyable as Buffy rip offs can get.

Blood C so far? not so much.
Jul 3, 2011 11:35 PM
Apr 2010
I kind of have to agree with the OP on this matter. Also, considering the fact that all we saw was the first episode, I feel it's a little too early to call this show a train wreck. Furthermore, the first episode is setting the stage and giving room for the rest of the story, characters, and even setting to develop.

Also, as for the people claiming that Blood + Clamp = train wreck; you are entitled to your own opinions on the internet, no matter how stupidly shallow and idiotically generalizing these opinions might be. Consequently, you'd also be entitled to criticisms for being so ignorant.
Jul 4, 2011 4:14 AM

Jun 2008
Why do people think that this is a remake?

[sarcastic]
I though remakes are supposed to be using the same characters, same settings, and same terms with differing storyline? [/sarcastic]

and seriously, Rating it 1, just because it's not the same Blood series, this fanrage is even worst than the Gundam Age fiasco.
kaimaxJul 4, 2011 4:18 AM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 4, 2011 4:46 AM

Jul 2007
well thatx what happens when you take polarizing and complex character based on buffy and turn her into happy go lucky dimwitted schoolgirl.

Ever imagine the rage it would have caused if Meyer named bella ''buffy''? Or if r.pattinson was cast as wolverine?
Jul 4, 2011 5:16 AM

Jun 2008
Fai said:
have caused if Meyer named bella ''buffy''? Or if r.pattinson was cast as wolverine?

You just broke my laugh-box. Cannot Unimagine thoughts.

But seriously, but this isn't emo Twilight. Mostly people raging here is ignoring all CLAMP's history.
Heck the original Blood+ was so boring at first, until we reached episode 25-ish it turns un-boring

Atleast people should know that this is going to be different.
honestly would you want to rewatch the same "Blood +" only with a different art? (Palette swap..lol)

Jul 4, 2011 6:22 AM

Jul 2007
kaimax said:
Fai said:
have caused if Meyer named bella ''buffy''? Or if r.pattinson was cast as wolverine?

You just broke my laugh-box. Cannot Unimagine thoughts.

But seriously, but this isn't emo Twilight. Mostly people raging here is ignoring all CLAMP's history.
Heck the original Blood+ was so boring at first, until we reached episode 25-ish it turns un-boring

Atleast people should know that this is going to be different.
honestly would you want to rewatch the same "Blood +" only with a different art? (Palette swap..lol)

I know CLAMP history. They can do dark and twisted stuff really well(TRC, X, RG Veda).

The major problem is that they are not seemingly going for that. This is more xxxholic or Kobato in terms of atmosphere, which just does not fit the franchise.

The second problem is annoyingly cheery main character. In all iterations Saya is badass, conflicted and very polarizing character. This Saya so far is a generic highschool ditz CLAMP lades are very fond of using

So yes, in the end CLAMP and blood does not mesh well.
Jul 4, 2011 7:08 AM

Jun 2008
Fai said:

Well, that's a bit to soon to judge, who knows that they will pull another TRC again. lol. TRC comes out light and comedic, but them starts taking a U-turn when the real Syaoran appears.

Or maybe they're going to do a xxxHOLIC, balancing out both comedy and darkness.

well, let's just see who's gonna get "told". lol

Jul 4, 2011 1:18 PM
Apr 2010
kaimax said:
Fai said:

Well, that's a bit to soon to judge, who knows that they will pull another TRC again. lol. TRC comes out light and comedic, but them starts taking a U-turn when the real Syaoran appears.

Or maybe they're going to do a xxxHOLIC, balancing out both comedy and darkness.

well, let's just see who's gonna get "told". lol

Agreed. Lots of dark and twisted animes started out lighthearted and innocent. Hell, look at Higurashi if you want an example.

Epic and memorable animes are epic and memorable because they take their viewers on a roller-coaster ride with their emotions, and in order to have a roller-coaster ride, one needs both ups and downs. Saying Blood-C is bad because of the first episode is exactly like saying a roller-coaster ride is boring because of the slow ride to the top of the ramp. People need to grow up and have a little more patience.
Jul 4, 2011 7:52 PM

Jun 2007
every series these days takes at least the first 2-3 episodes to flesh anything resembling a plot to the point one can make a review or judgement. i hate when reviews come out after the first episodes. of course its going to be different. iv also seen a few series that do it carefree and such in the beginning but its like they do it just to get it out of the way for some epic awesomeness (some people forget that comedy can also be used as a characterization devise) japan has many ways of story telling. clamp has done some good things in their own right so dont be so quick to judge. and oh yes if your going to watch a make believe "Cartoon" stop gripping that its not realistic.. o rely? dont feed the trolls.. especially the synthetic anime fans. bunch of fakers lol. point is.. give it a chance or dont.. your choice ;)

"For me to call a man my friend, he must be equal to me in all aspects" - Griffith, 'Berserk'
Jul 5, 2011 2:04 AM

Jun 2009
foxnewsnetwork said:
Agreed. Lots of dark and twisted animes started out lighthearted and innocent. Hell, look at Higurashi if you want an example.
The reason you don't understand Blood + CLAMP = Train Wreck, is because you think that that's the problem. The appeal of the Blood series is not that it's grimdark.

Watch Blood+ ep 1 or even Blood:The Last Vampire, then watch Blood-C ep 1.

Notice the air of mystery-horror-suspense in Blood+, especially near the end. Notice how, aside from some light/Aged One mysticism and a bloody battle scene, this is almost completely missing from Blood-C.

There's a lack of a suspense element in Clamp's interpretation of Blood. The problem with the "it's only been one episode" argument, is that most anime have at least a hint of that mystery-suspense if it's going to show up in later episodes. Prime examples are Higurashi and PMMM. Judging by this episode, Clamp clearly intends to substitute in xxxholic-style supernatural mystery and gory fight scenes instead.
Jul 7, 2011 5:27 PM
Apr 2010
DrHouse said:
foxnewsnetwork said:
The reason you don't understand Blood + CLAMP = Train Wreck, is because you think that that's the problem. The appeal of the Blood series is not that it's grimdark.

Notice the air of mystery-horror-suspense in Blood+, especially near the end. Notice how, aside from some light/Aged One mysticism and a bloody battle scene, this is almost completely missing from Blood-C.

There's a lack of a suspense element in Clamp's interpretation of Blood. The problem with the "it's only been one episode" argument, is that most anime have at least a hint of that mystery-suspense if it's going to show up in later episodes. Prime examples are Higurashi and PMMM. Judging by this episode, Clamp clearly intends to substitute in xxxholic-style supernatural mystery and gory fight scenes instead.

There are a lot of little things in the first episode such as why Saya runs home, the glances between her and that one guy, what happened to her mom, what is that light in Saya's visions, etc. that are all over the episode. They pieces for Saya Kisaragi's story have been subtly laid out in anticipation for the right time to reveal itself and spring upon the viewer.

I will admit, yes, it is true Blood C didn't lead the viewer hand-in-hand and point out for us the obvious "Hey look, here's a dark dream / premonition to keep you excited." But in my opinion that's just Clamp and Production IG not overly patronizing their viewers. They still do patronize us, though, otherwise there wouldn't have been that expertly coordinated fight-scene.
Jul 8, 2011 3:40 AM

Jun 2009
foxnewsnetwork said:
DrHouse said:
foxnewsnetwork said:

There are a lot of little things in the first episode such as why Saya runs home, the glances between her and that one guy, what happened to her mom, what is that light in Saya's visions, etc. that are all over the episode. They pieces for Saya Kisaragi's story have been subtly laid out in anticipation for the right time to reveal itself and spring upon the viewer.

I will admit, yes, it is true Blood C didn't lead the viewer hand-in-hand and point out for us the obvious "Hey look, here's a dark dream / premonition to keep you excited." But in my opinion that's just Clamp and Production IG not overly patronizing their viewers. They still do patronize us, though, otherwise there wouldn't have been that expertly coordinated fight-scene.
If, by subtle, you mean "completely overshadowed by excessive attempts at comedy," then I'll agree that it was "subtle."
Jul 8, 2011 4:41 AM
Feb 2011
AmberFebruary said:
Are you one of those idiots who find themselves watching this show and ragebitching afterwards?

clearly they do not disappoint, they are for more entertaining than the worst JC Staff anime.

back then Blood-C is announced. we have our girl, Kisaragi Saya, designed by CLAMP, and where in the story, as said, will also be done by CLAMP.
we also have an equation

and now we have our noobs walking out here, totally unguarded, thinking they'll be watching another Blood+, and soon bam! they find themselves painstakingly hurt, crying along their way back into Blood/Blood+ "fan-tasm"

whose fault is this, why not smash your head to your monitors and keyboards for your minds to work properly, what are the use of PVs and CMs? its been utterly proven by those that you'll be watching a different Blood or as emphasized "a different anime altogether" if others prefer this statement.

what's the use of internet if they can't get information beforehand, or maybe they don't know how

anyway, continue your ragebitching guys, its actually "fun" to read, but i pity those that might suffer heart attacks from serious high blood pressure

Here we go again(lol JC staff has anything to do with this?;d). If you wanted to make people think better about this anime, your effort just made it more into the opposite direction. Yes, i also think that first ep wasnt that good, i'm going to try next ep just to make sure that im not missing nice show. Honestly i felt like stoping to watch it just in the middle, bad first ep is bad, which is rare even with mediocore shows. Fight at the end of ep was ok, but lacked any dark atmosphere around it(it was supposed to be dark, right?)

No, i didn't watch any Blood anime before.
Noone13Jul 8, 2011 4:46 AM
Jul 8, 2011 4:44 AM
Nov 2008
Hypocrisy, thy name is OP.
Jul 8, 2011 5:00 AM

May 2010
These are forums and you either discuss positively or you can what OP called it, "Ragebitch".

Sorry if you can't handle that.
Jul 8, 2011 11:50 AM

Jun 2008
AmberFebruary said:

we also have an equation

for those who have read this and have still not seen the show yet and find your curiosity at its peak, just go ahead and watch, but if you have seen Blood/Blood+ don't expect this to be similar cause its not, and its CLAMP, so the art may not be for your taste

and i am foreseeing this kind of "situation" when Mobile Suit Gundam AGE airs, lots of guys would be prawling w/ their "disappointment" rambling just as well when it is announced, though i am one of them if i may say, but i have changed my mind now after watching the Mobile Suit Gundam.

My dear CLAMP loving fan the problem isn't whether it's different or not the problem is that until now it is worst and that's it.

And excuse me for not already knowing what it will be like but saying before hand am gonna make shit isn't gonna make my shit smell like cake afterwards.

You say we shouldn't expect it to be the same as Blood the last vampire or like Blood+ but you miss that those are very different actually and many fans like them both while rage about the first episode of this.
Sure you aren't suppose to make the same exact show but you ain't supposed to change the good elements of something ether. When you take out the realistic way of the characters and suspense of the Blood franchise by replacing it with shoujo slice of life staff no matter how good you are at it you are making it worst and in the end you might as well have called in another name completely.
I can't make a new Gintama but without humor and with physiological horror, i can't make a new new moe Lain about school life romance and no philosophical craziness.
I can make a Gintama without even Aliens but it still has to have humor, i can make a Lain without even computers or her being the same age but it still has to be philosophical with a strange atmosphere.
There is a limit to making something with a new face and just making a show that shouldn't have the name in the first place.
And Blood wasn't about a girl holding a sword and killing staff but about the drama, suspense and realism of characters. When you put those shoujo staff in there place then you are going after the core of what made something great and by changing what made something great you simply make a worst show.
Jul 9, 2011 12:48 PM

May 2009
Monad said:
AmberFebruary said:

we also have an equation

My dear CLAMP loving fan the problem isn't whether it's different or not the problem is that until now it is worst and that's it.

And excuse me for not already knowing what it will be like but saying before hand am gonna make shit isn't gonna make my shit smell like cake afterwards.

You say we shouldn't expect it to be the same as Blood the last vampire or like Blood+ but you miss that those are very different actually and many fans like them both while rage about the first episode of this.
Sure you aren't suppose to make the same exact show but you ain't supposed to change the good elements of something ether. When you take out the realistic way of the characters and suspense of the Blood franchise by replacing it with shoujo slice of life staff no matter how good you are at it you are making it worst and in the end you might as well have called in another name completely.
I can't make a new Gintama but without humor and with physiological horror, i can't make a new new moe Lain about school life romance and no philosophical craziness.
I can make a Gintama without even Aliens but it still has to have humor, i can make a Lain without even computers or her being the same age but it still has to be philosophical with a strange atmosphere.
There is a limit to making something with a new face and just making a show that shouldn't have the name in the first place.
And Blood wasn't about a girl holding a sword and killing staff but about the drama, suspense and realism of characters. When you put those shoujo staff in there place then you are going after the core of what made something great and by changing what made something great you simply make a worst show.

what this guy said.

a bad ep is a bad ep.
i created a club that is building up a emotional "feels" anime collections
so if anyone wants to join it and get emotional together please come and join us <3
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=18987
Click for link^
Aug 7, 2011 2:48 AM

Apr 2008
So I take it this isn't worth watching?
Aug 7, 2011 3:00 AM

Jun 2011
HAHA NICE RAGING DUMB BITCH
tfw no gf
tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod
Aug 11, 2011 10:21 AM

Jul 2007
_Vincent_ said:
So I take it this isn't worth watching?

Take this test:
If you can watch this 25 times without ever wanting to throw your pc out through a window or cut off your ears, there's a chance you might still be sane after watching this show

However no matter the result, no its not worth watching.
Nov 15, 2016 7:41 AM

Apr 2016
First of all Blood-c is from Production I.G.
I don't think that you must write so many bad things about an anime,because some of us like this anime and people who haven't seen it yet maybe they disappointed and never see it.But what if this is an anime that they will love it?
That's why you must not write a review with your personal opinion and you must not reprove an anime like it's the worst anime you have ever seen because YOU just don't like it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 18, 2011

190 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 14, 2011

156 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2011

240 by Karva1 »»
Feb 15, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 21, 2011

171 by Beatnik »»
Jan 16, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 1, 2011

131 by dragynfaerie »»
Nov 30, 2023 2:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.