Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 3, 2011 1:33 AM
Jul 2011
Ok, firstly, the episode wasn't bad, it just wasn't Blood. Blood and Blood+ were about fairly realistic characters stuck in fairly extreme circumstances. They were about the mystery of the situation, with a bit of combat, but mostly dark dramas about the characters and how they come to terms with whats happening around them. NONE of which Clamp is any good at. Here's what was done wrongly:

The op is full of fan service giving the show the wrong feeling to begin with. It seems they couldn't decide whether to go with the schoolgirl look or the teacher look for saya, so they chose both. Everyone has a very typical anime look, the girls are pretty, the guys are girly, all wrapped up in Clamps unrealistic style. For a bunch of women, Clamp really likes trying to appeal to the male audience, and it detracts from the dark realistic tone the Blood series has had untill now.

Blood+ was never about the combat, infact there was very little fighting in it. Saya wasn't some sort of superhero, or klumsy twit, her class wasn't made up of a bunch of cliche's, and her teacher didn't look like someone dressed up to roleplay the sexual desires of her newest client.

Basicly, Clamp has 'Clampified' Blood/Blood+ and it's resulted in what so far feels like a cartoony highschool comedy about a girl with a father complex, and a bit of combat and blood thrown in as an afterthought. It's not bad for what it is, I'd probably watch it, but the links to Blood are pushing it, and if you can't either continue the original story, or bring something decent to the table to one-up it, why are you even trying? Just make it an original series and move on.
Jul 3, 2011 2:03 AM

Jul 2010
seriously?

Blood-C = Blood + Clamp

it has been already said ever since Blood-C was announced that CLAMP will be doing the character designs and the "story" w/ Blood+ director Fujisaku Junichi helping w/ the writing, so why rage now? clearly you should have prepared yourself for "drastic" changes

and they have already released a lot of trailers and commercials, you should have seen it from there that it is going to be an entirely different Blood anime or a "different anime like what you would like to emphasize".

and how come you can say that CLAMP can't do a "dark-toned" story, have you read all of their works to make such remarks?
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Jul 3, 2011 2:22 AM
Jul 2011
Sorry, I decided to rage now rather then before, I figured I'd give it a shot I love Blood/Blood+ so was hopeful they'd pull it off :P

Out of the work Clamp has done which I'm familiar with (chobits, xxxholic, tsubasa, code gease, no doubt a few others) none of them come close to the sort of tone required by a series like this and well... this is following suite. Sorry if I'm missing the work they've done that does, but either way it doesn't change the result of this...

If it gets better, I'll be glad to have egg on my face from this post!
Jul 3, 2011 2:36 AM

Feb 2008
xxxHolic and X had some pretty damn dark moments. As did Tsubasa if we're looking at the manga. Code Geass's character designs were by CLAMP but not the story itself.

The only thing stopping me from watching this series is because CLAMP = shitty ending.
Jul 3, 2011 2:52 AM
Dec 2009
I would say X (TV version) would fit the tone of this show and it is their story and design. Dark battle themed stories are nothing new to CLAMP, I honestly think they are aiming for something more like xxxHOLiC which is a mix of humor and darker themes.
Jul 4, 2011 5:03 AM

Jul 2007
well thatx what happens when you take polarizing and complex character based on buffy and turn her into happy go lucky dimwitted schoolgirl.

Ever imagine the rage it would have caused if Meyer named bella ''buffy''? Or if r.pattinson was cast as wolverine?
Jul 4, 2011 5:31 AM

Jun 2008
Honestly, the fanrage is more ugly with this one, Uglier than Gundam Age.

and yet people are ignoring the whole fact that "Kisaragi Saya" managed to kill "something" and then acting like nothing major happened even though she's covered in blood.
kaimaxJul 4, 2011 5:42 AM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 4, 2011 6:09 AM
Jul 2011
For god's sake, do some research before raging about how you hate CLAMP's involvement in Blood series because they aren't capable for dark storyline. CLAMP's works aren't only CCS, Chobits or Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle. Their early works like X, Tokyo Babylon and RG-Veda are dark and gore enough to satisfy any sadistic viewer.

If people really want a carbon copy of Blood+, they should rewatch it instead of moaning about how the first ep of new installment doesn't resemble Blood+
Jul 4, 2011 6:20 AM

Jul 2007
xenalia said:
For god's sake, do some research before raging about how you hate CLAMP's involvement in Blood series because they aren't capable for dark storyline. CLAMP's works aren't only CCS, Chobits or Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle. Their early works like X, Tokyo Babylon and RG-Veda are dark and gore enough to satisfy any sadistic viewer.

If people really want a carbon copy of Blood+, they should rewatch it instead of moaning about how the first ep of new installment doesn't resemble Blood+

I have no problems with CLAMP. I LOVE Clamp works.(and lol@you calling TRC "not dark"...its has one of the most complex and messed up character casts in the whole animeverse)

ITs just that it does not mesh well. And even if CLAMP can do dark quite well, they can't make a polarizing and capable main character. Closest to what is needed would be Infinity!Trc!Sakura and even that was way too cheery.

The problem with the show is that clamp is NOT going for X or TRC vibes..CLAMP is going for CCS/Kobato/xxxholic vibes of dark moments interrupted by comedic stuff.

And yes, I expected better and CLAMP did not deliver. This is even worse than Kobato adaptation was.
Jul 4, 2011 10:48 PM
Jul 2011
Fai said:

I have no problems with CLAMP. I LOVE Clamp works.(and lol@you calling TRC "not dark"...its has one of the most complex and messed up character casts in the whole animeverse)

I'm a fan of CLAMP's early works before their manga were adapted into anime. TRC isn't dark enough if compared with their classics. Ok, the twisted plots are there but it's lack of the cruelty CLAMP often put in. Before going down light-hearted route since Magic Knight Rayearth, it was common to see some happy-go-lucky characters turned evil and ripped their comrade's internal organs out or some-good-guy-look-alike mercilessly betrayed their friends in the most cruel way in their works.

I watch Blood-C with hope CLAMP will bring their old sadistic side back.I missed the old CLAMP I like in TB and RG-Veda. I will surely join bashing bandwagon if Blood-C sucks but ep1 is too early to tell. I'm irritated with some ppl rant about how they hate CLAMP working for Blood series because CLAMP=unable to do dark story while they never know what made CLAMP famous before CSS and they just watched only EP1.
Jul 5, 2011 2:07 AM

Jul 2007
xenalia said:
Fai said:

I'm a fan of CLAMP's early works before their manga were adapted into anime. TRC isn't dark enough if compared with their classics. Ok, the twisted plots are there but it's lack of the cruelty CLAMP often put in. Before going down light-hearted route since Magic Knight Rayearth, it was common to see some happy-go-lucky characters turned evil and ripped their comrade's internal organs out or some-good-guy-look-alike mercilessly betrayed their friends in the most cruel way in their works.

I watch Blood-C with hope CLAMP will bring their old sadistic side back.I missed the old CLAMP I like in TB and RG-Veda. I will surely join bashing bandwagon if Blood-C sucks but ep1 is too early to tell. I'm irritated with some ppl rant about how they hate CLAMP working for Blood series because CLAMP=unable to do dark story while they never know what made CLAMP famous before CSS and they just watched only EP1.

Blood C is 12 episodes long.

CLAMP ladies do not even have the time to do their cute-goes-crazy kind of stuff they like to do.

If it as 24 or 26 ep series, I would understand, but otherwise not likely for that to happen.
Jul 8, 2011 11:23 AM

Jun 2008
DriftRS said:
Ok, firstly, the episode wasn't bad, it just wasn't Blood. Blood and Blood+ were about fairly realistic characters stuck in fairly extreme circumstances. They were about the mystery of the situation, with a bit of combat, but mostly dark dramas about the characters and how they come to terms with whats happening around them. NONE of which Clamp is any good at. Here's what was done wrongly:

The op is full of fan service giving the show the wrong feeling to begin with. It seems they couldn't decide whether to go with the schoolgirl look or the teacher look for saya, so they chose both. Everyone has a very typical anime look, the girls are pretty, the guys are girly, all wrapped up in Clamps unrealistic style. For a bunch of women, Clamp really likes trying to appeal to the male audience, and it detracts from the dark realistic tone the Blood series has had untill now.

Blood+ was never about the combat, infact there was very little fighting in it. Saya wasn't some sort of superhero, or klumsy twit, her class wasn't made up of a bunch of cliche's, and her teacher didn't look like someone dressed up to roleplay the sexual desires of her newest client.

Basicly, Clamp has 'Clampified' Blood/Blood+ and it's resulted in what so far feels like a cartoony highschool comedy about a girl with a father complex, and a bit of combat and blood thrown in as an afterthought. It's not bad for what it is, I'd probably watch it, but the links to Blood are pushing it, and if you can't either continue the original story, or bring something decent to the table to one-up it, why are you even trying? Just make it an original series and move on.

Kind of agree. They made it look like a shoujo series and i don't want to watch a Blood shoujo.
Still first episode so lets hope for a good plot appearing.

What i was most surprised was how good you grasped Blood+. Many who saw it still can't shut up about how they wanted more fighting and didn't like Saya because she wasn't just some badass killing machine or a moe girl. They never get that it was about giving a more serious realistic view to a fantasy story based on very real living characters and Saya there was actually amazing because she was exactly very real by showing feelings like she showed instead of being an unrealistic pure badass like most wanted or a cute acting girl according to the taste of few others who will probably like this Saya more.
Jul 8, 2011 11:31 AM

Jul 2007
Monad said:
They never get that it was about giving a more serious realistic view to a fantasy story based on very real living characters and Saya there was actually amazing because she was exactly very real by showing feelings like she showed instead of being an unrealistic pure badass like most wanted or a cute acting girl according to the taste of few others who will probably like this Saya more.

THIS exactly is why I will always love Blood+ and why current Saya-C is a disgrace.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 18, 2011

190 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 14, 2011

156 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2011

240 by Karva1 »»
Feb 15, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 21, 2011

171 by Beatnik »»
Jan 16, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 1, 2011

131 by dragynfaerie »»
Nov 30, 2023 2:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.