Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 2, 2011 4:30 PM

Dec 2007
What is this Clamp? The 90s? All the character models are horrid. Everyone looks like a toothpick with breasts and giant hair. These people cannot animate at all.

Gundam Wing had better animation than this
mokuzu-Jul 2, 2011 4:34 PM
Jul 2, 2011 4:33 PM
Nov 2009
lolrenton
WARNING - HIGHLY TOXIC
If contact with skin occurs, RIP IT OFFFF OH GOD MY MIND
Jul 2, 2011 4:34 PM

Dec 2010
Typical Clamp. And animation is not the same as design.
Jul 2, 2011 4:36 PM
Jul 2018
yeah as said above art=/= animation
Jul 2, 2011 4:42 PM

Dec 2007
Blood+ looked leagues better
Jul 2, 2011 4:46 PM

Aug 2007
notsureifsrs said:
Typical Clamp. And animation is not the same as design.

Your name goes well with how I read the OP's post. xD I couldn't take it serious at all, and if he is then your post pretty much answers all of that.
Jul 2, 2011 4:50 PM

Jun 2009
compared to xxxholic, blood-C looks a bit consistent as far as character designs go imo

and i think you meant to say "the characters look terrible" not the animation, just thought i'd correct you since the two are rather different.
"everyone knows that the last toes are always the coldest to go."

Telavators-the mars volta
Jul 2, 2011 5:02 PM

Jan 2010
Code Geass had better animation granted.
Jul 2, 2011 5:48 PM

Jan 2008
Compared to Blood+, this one sure is inferior animation-wise. We have yet to discover the story. I hope at least the story is good.
Jul 2, 2011 8:54 PM

Aug 2010
agreed. I knew i wasnt the only one thinking this
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Jul 2, 2011 9:17 PM

Jul 2010
punkster90 said:

because its SUNRISE and this one is done by Production I.G.,they only have the same character designs and that is from CLAMP
and how come can someone say the animation is bad if hadn't seen it in "full glory HDTV" release yet, as if you can see the details in the LQ webrip

i think guys the one all of you are saying is bad is "the character designs" themselves and surely Blood-C's action scene, w/ very fluid animation if i may emphasize, in its first ep is entirely better than all of the action scenes in Blood+ all put together

besides, Production I.G's adaptation of CLAMP's character design is entirely "more accurate" than what Sunrise did w/ CG, and that is a "fact".

and Sunrise's CG used "vibrant colors" w/c are more "eyecandy" than what Production I.G. have used, and that is the only "difference" i could see

and seriously, learn the difference bet. art and animation itself.
AmberFebruaryJul 2, 2011 9:38 PM
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Jul 2, 2011 9:37 PM

Dec 2007
AmberFebruary said:
punkster90 said:

because its SUNRISE and this one is done by Production I.G.,they only have the same character designs and that is from CLAMP
and how come can someone say the animation is bad if hadn't seen it in "full glory HDTV" release yet, as if you can see the details in the LQ webrip

i think guys the one all of you are saying is bad is "the character designs" themselves and surely Blood-C's action scene in its first ep is entirely better than all of the action scenes in Blood+ all put together

and besides, Production I.G's adaptation of CLAMP's character design is entirely "more accurate" than what Sunrise did w/ CG, and that is a "fact".

and Sunrise's CG used "vibrant colors" w/c are more "eyecandy" than what Production I.G. have used, and that is the only "difference" i could see

The action scene was lackluster and poorly choreographed just like all of Blood+. But at least Blood+ had interesting characters that weren't this annoying.

And the character models will look exactly the same in a LQ or HD rip. The only thing that changes in the overall quality of the release, better colors, no artifacts ect. But it won't alter the character models, which look absolutely terrible.
Jul 2, 2011 9:46 PM

Jul 2010
Renton- said:
AmberFebruary said:
punkster90 said:

i think guys the one all of you are saying is bad is "the character designs" themselves and surely Blood-C's action scene in its first ep is entirely better than all of the action scenes in Blood+ all put together

and besides, Production I.G's adaptation of CLAMP's character design is entirely "more accurate" than what Sunrise did w/ CG, and that is a "fact".

The action scene was lackluster and poorly choreographed just like all of Blood+. But at least Blood+ had interesting characters that weren't this annoying.

And the character models will look exactly the same in a LQ or HD rip. The only thing that changes in the overall quality of the release, better colors, no artifacts ect. But it won't alter the character models, which look absolutely terrible.

and you clearly explained the difference between ART and ANIMATION w/c seems you can't distinguish from each other
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Jul 2, 2011 9:56 PM

Feb 2008
You mean the art, but i agree with you before i knew any better i thought that xxxholic had a unique artistic style when i watched it the first time. Then i learned that this is for EVERY clamp production and it just doesn't feel right to me
Jul 2, 2011 10:14 PM

Jul 2010
Renton- said:

But at least Blood+ had interesting characters that weren't this annoying.

i find this kinda funny for your "The animation is terrible" thread, you could have posted "the anime is terrible" instead and you can rage here all you want as the series progress

and don't find yourself liking the show later on even a little because its kinda "lame" for the person who "negatively doted" a series ever since the first episode (and only the first episode)

and my final message, as simple as this,
"CLAMP is not for you"
Jul 3, 2011 12:46 AM
Mar 2008
Renton- said:

The action scene was lackluster and poorly choreographed just like all of Blood+.

lolwut?
Jul 3, 2011 1:55 AM
Jul 2018
AmberFebruary said:

and you clearly explained the difference between ART and ANIMATION w/c seems you can't distinguish from each other

You realise w/c is an abbreviation for 'toilet', right?
Jul 3, 2011 2:43 AM
Dec 2009
Renton- said:
What is this Clamp? The 90s? All the character models are horrid.

I don't remember 90's characters looking like that so are you just saying that for some reaction?

Renton- said:
Everyone looks like a toothpick with breasts and giant hair. These people cannot animate at all.

You hate the show and clamp, we get that, but Clamp did not animate this show Production IG did. Also basing the production quality on a 640x360 video with flash compression and in some cases recompression is just plain stupid. You can say you don't like the style but the quality can't be graded yet.
Jul 3, 2011 3:41 AM

Jan 2010
oh how i love to read peoples comments =D

but i do say so mu self this does look kinda crappy
Jul 3, 2011 7:24 AM

Jun 2009
Kaotikus said:
lolrenton

Anyway, it's kinda funny how everyone goes "Blood+ looks a lot better" when this one just aired its first episode.

I seriously hope you're better than this guys.
Jul 3, 2011 8:13 AM
Jun 2008
I blame the twin tail .The twin tail is so big that it block all the action in the fight ...

the pace is kinda slow....blame the director =(
Jul 3, 2011 8:26 AM

Apr 2011
Yeah Blood+ looks better and better characters. But I'm not going to say its terrible when its just the first ep.
Jul 3, 2011 9:01 AM

Nov 2009
I don't like Saya in clamp style.
And all those pitchy girly voices doesn't makes the girls sounds unique at all.

The impression i get is that Blood C is going to be very shoujo-ish. NOOOO!

A klutz athletic sword girl fighting brute monsters with a pitchy voice doesn't make sense at all.
Jul 3, 2011 9:47 AM

Dec 2008
You say the animation sucks all the while blaming CLAMP. Are you retarded?
1) Clamp is doing character design/art and story
2) Those two have NOTHING to do with animation thank you very much.

So keep your CLAMP ranting to yourself.
Jul 7, 2011 8:18 PM

Dec 2007
AmberFebruary said:
Renton- said:

But at least Blood+ had interesting characters that weren't this annoying.

i find this kinda funny for your "The animation is terrible" thread, you could have posted "the anime is terrible" instead and you can rage here all you want as the series progress

and don't find yourself liking the show later on even a little because its kinda "lame" for the person who "negatively doted" a series ever since the first episode (and only the first episode)

and my final message, as simple as this,
"CLAMP is not for you"

You seem like a very pretentious person

umad basement feeder?
Jul 7, 2011 8:59 PM

Jun 2009
Renton- said:
You seem like a very pretentious person

umad basement feeder?

LOL you're one to talk
"everyone knows that the last toes are always the coldest to go."

Telavators-the mars volta
Jul 7, 2011 9:10 PM

May 2009
I facepalmed when I read the title, because the animation is superb. So you meant the character designs? Well, I guess Clamp isn't for everyone but I thought the characters looked great.
Jul 7, 2011 9:34 PM

Jan 2010
As multiple people have stated Clamp just did the character designs they were not in charge of the animation so if it doesn't flow well (Which I can't judge yet because Im still downloading it) then that would be Production I.Gs fault. Not Clamp lol they just draw ^_^

You probably just dont like Clamps Twiggy/Thin characters. Personally I love Clamp art but I know its a love or hate thing. Some people worship Clamp art cause they think its awesome and some hate it and think its horrible. Its all to do with your taste in well... Art.
Jul 8, 2011 2:57 AM

Sep 2009
So I finish watching the first episode of Blood-C and I'm thinking "This is great". then I come over to the series discussion and see this. How is the animation bad? It looks great to me and I've seen a lot of shows. I'm perfectly fine with Clamp style but I do understand some may not like it.

Maybe people are just expecting too much?
Jul 8, 2011 4:52 AM

May 2010
Sayonara7 said:
You probably just dont like Clamps Twiggy/Thin characters..

I don't like them either but the fact that they weren't even consistently drawn that way was pretty annoying, being all stretchy...

Saya's pigtails are also pretty ugly.
Jul 8, 2011 5:05 AM

Apr 2008
Lord. Look on the bright side people. It could be worse. Bee Train could have done the animation and THEN people would have a legitimate reason to complain about animation ( this of course is my opinion ). Just take a look at Tsubasa ( also by CLAMP ) and compare the series animation( Bee Train) to the OVA animation( Prod. I.G.). The OVA was done by Production I.G. and it was VASTLY better.
Jul 8, 2011 6:52 AM

Jul 2009
narator91 said:
Sayonara7 said:
You probably just dont like Clamps Twiggy/Thin characters..

I don't like them either but the fact that they weren't even consistently drawn that way was pretty annoying, being all stretchy...

Saya's pigtails are also pretty ugly.

YEAH, they're like 7 footer or something but I kinda like Code Geass' clamp style, it suits it so much but this no no..
Jul 8, 2011 10:05 AM

Nov 2007
Animation was gorgeous.

The long bodies are wonky but no where near as bad as the xxxHolic anime. Plus, it makes up for it with really attractive faces, which xxxHolic failed to do.

Saya's hair does get a bit distracting, but it's not a deal breaker.
Jul 8, 2011 11:08 AM

Jun 2008
Animation is movement.

Looks are ARTWORK!!!!

Learn it already people!
Jul 10, 2011 5:15 PM

Jan 2009
-Quasar said:
Kaotikus said:
lolrenton

Anyway, it's kinda funny how everyone goes "Blood+ looks a lot better" when this one just aired its first episode.

I seriously hope you're better than this guys.

The beginning and ending of an anime is where it looks the best. If people are complaining on the first episode its definitely not going to get better down the road.
Jul 11, 2011 9:46 AM

Jul 2008
I think the animation isn't the greatest either. Basic movements (like the characters walking together) look really unnatural. But that might stem from the stick-like character designs.
Jul 11, 2011 3:34 PM

Aug 2009
i like it... ;o
Jul 11, 2011 5:47 PM

Jan 2008
Renton- said:
What is this Clamp? The 90s?

Are you that new to the fandom you consider the 90's a bad era for anime?

P.S. This thread is dumb.
Jul 11, 2011 9:45 PM

Aug 2008
i've never liked CLAMP art and yes this seems very shoujo driven but i think PLUS had a lot of that too, seems like it will be a love or hate anime.
While it's pretty early to tell... i got the impression that the story will be more straight forward than PLUS ,saya with glasses? not a big fan,but i will give the show a chance.
Jul 14, 2011 6:42 AM
Apr 2010
Most of the characters look horrid. It's as if they are all anorexic and have Marfan's Syndrome.
Jul 22, 2011 9:28 AM
Jul 2011
CLAMP's animation truly tends to vary since they have four different artists/women running the group. I don't know who primarily directs which of their stories, but I do know that CLAMP essentially has two basic artwork designs that could probably be put down into four styles, but I'm keeping it very vague here.

1. The simple and awkward one used here in this anime.
2. The more detailed, beautiful, more realistic, but probably hell to do one.

So to critique on CLAMPs artwork would be pretty hard to do as a whole since their styles vary so much.

Here, I like the animation and artwork. I think some of their choices in the character's design was a bad choice (seriously, making toya and yuki clones NOT gay? Pfft!), but I like the artwork. As far as Saya's design goes, I think the huge twintails was a BAD choice as far as fighting goes (that and they just look distracting/mess). If this was someone who wasn't moving around so much all of the time, that would be one thing. Also, I'm just not crazy about the glasses. Never been into glasses in general, but I especially don't like it on her.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 18, 2011

190 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 14, 2011

156 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2011

240 by Karva1 »»
Feb 15, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 21, 2011

171 by Beatnik »»
Jan 16, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 1, 2011

131 by dragynfaerie »»
Nov 30, 2023 2:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.