Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 7, 2011 9:52 PM

Feb 2010
Pretty decent episode. Not amazing.. but pretty good imo.

...but yeah, does she want to bone her dad?
Jul 7, 2011 10:26 PM

Dec 2007
AngelicFeces said:
Long bodies are looooooong.
Too much red and black.
Highlight is Nana Mizuki.

And I looked around, and it seems the only relation this has to Blood+ and stuff is just that it's supposed to be in the same universe or something like that. Is that true?

No, this is not related to Blood+ or Blood: The Last Vampire whatsoever.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2011 11:17 PM

Sep 2007
Lots of Clamp in this. Typical noodle people, typical twins, typical out of control hair, etc. Not really digging the clumsy-turned-athletic-turned-monster-slayer. Not much to the setting either. Just some pretty looking non-asian breakfast food and a temple and an airy feathery school tucked away in some backwater village in Japan.
Jul 7, 2011 11:38 PM

Jan 2009
Well, them character designs are Clamp, all right.
I was like "OP's pretty cool." And then came the Engrish.

Those twins, Nono and nene. Do want.
And I'm probably the only one who finds Saya annoying. Like really damn annoying. No, I'm not going to read these 8 pages just to find out if I'm right or not.
Only thing I like about her so far is her name.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 7, 2011 11:53 PM

Sep 2010
Ok first episode...
Jul 8, 2011 1:43 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah, I'm not really a big fan of Saya's character. She acts like a 5 year old and then becomes a badass demon-slayer all of a sudden.

Overall, it was decent. I don't expect much from this but it could certainly be worse.
Jul 8, 2011 3:07 AM

Sep 2009
stAtic91 said:
Surprised at the poll results. I thought everyone would enjoy this. Personally, I was extremely impressed with the entire episode. Art, Clamp character designs, animation, soundtrack, fun characters, good atmosphere and an excellent fight. It was great.
I'm with you 100% This was refreshing to watch.

This show doesn't deserve the extensive hate it's getting.
Jul 8, 2011 3:22 AM

Apr 2009
Hmm, it has the potential to become even worse than Togainu no Chi. The funny thing is that there was absolutely nothing good about this episode, nothing at all. Art was ludicrous - it's been a while since I last saw such poorly drawn anime, leaving alone the animation which was even worse than in Togainu's case. The whole visual side of the series can be defined in one word: QUALITY. The characters... I lack words to describe this pure nonsense. Twins with speech synchronization, one delinquent-looking girl and the main heroine who acts as if she just graduated from a kindergarten, but it doesn't stop her to instantly become a badass demon-slayer wielding a katana. Possibly the worst 1st episode I've seen thus far in my life, and a forecast of the worst anime in this season.

But I'll keep watching this, just to laugh some more at how pathetic this series is...
Just kidding, fucking dropped.

Jul 8, 2011 4:19 AM

Sep 2008
Where is her chevalier and that one black guy?

In all seriousness, I was disappointed with the fight scene, not because of the visuals, but the silent fighting kinda threw me off. Otherwise the supporting cast looks great and the op was the best thing ever.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2011 4:22 AM

May 2010
What crap. Most bored I've been watching a show this season.

Damn whoever complained about the ridiculous high of the characters from watching the pre air, cause that's all I could think about the entire episode, not to mention that the drawings are badly done and inconsistent anyway.

Saya is one stupid bitch, even her friend Amino probably thinks so.
Jul 8, 2011 5:21 AM

Sep 2009
Blackiris said:
Hmm, it has the potential to become even worse than Togainu no Chi. The funny thing is that there was absolutely nothing good about this episode, nothing at all. Art was ludicrous - it's been a while since I last saw such poorly drawn anime, leaving alone the animation which was even worse than in Togainu's case. The whole visual side of the series can be defined in one word: QUALITY. The characters... I lack words to describe this pure nonsense. Twins with speech synchronization, one delinquent-looking girl and the main heroine who acts as if she just graduated from a kindergarten, but it doesn't stop her to instantly become a badass demon-slayer wielding a katana. Possibly the worst 1st episode I've seen thus far in my life, and a forecast of the worst anime in this season.

But I'll keep watching this, just to laugh some more at how pathetic this series is...
Just kidding, fucking dropped.
What the hell are you talking about!? How is the animation for this any worse than your average anime show. I even looked through the episode again specifically looking at the animation. The animation is fine.
Jul 8, 2011 5:32 AM

May 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
In all seriousness, I was disappointed with the fight scene, not because of the visuals, but the silent fighting kinda threw me off.
But that was one of the things which made it great... Not constantly hearing what the character is thinking or any shouting made it very refreshing.

saxophone15 said:
What the hell are you talking about!? How is the animation for this any worse than your average anime show. I even looked through the episode again specifically looking at the animation. The animation is fine.
Agreed, if anything the animation and art is better than your average anime and comparing it to Togainu no Chi is fucking laughable.
Jul 8, 2011 5:41 AM

Jun 2008
As simply a new airing anime you could say that it can be better than many other pointless things airing each season but as a comparison to Blood+ this looked kind of disappointing.

It completely missed the realistic characters that Blood+ seem to had. A show that seems will have a tone of bishounens, Saya being too much of moe clumsy girl and even some twin little girls as classmates for fun isn't a plus compared to the characters of Blood+. Only the father seemed decent.
Why compare them you say. Well i just thought than when you make a new work you try to do better than what you already did.
As it is it will be hard for this Saya to compare to the Saya i loved from Blood+.

Also for some reason this has to much xxxholic in it. That artwork especially which unfortunately for me is not my preference. It makes it seem like she ties her skirt around her belly button and everyone is 1.90 in hight. Crazy hair too.

Little disappointed by the fight also.
For excitement and cool factor it wasn't bad at all but that thing was holding her by the head at one point and assuming it is powerful there is no reason why it didn't try to separate her head from her body.
Also i don't exactly get it? As first it seemed like it's body was rock solid and the sword just made sparks hitting it but then it became easy to cut it in pieces.
The best part was the blood spraying on Saya.

I was about to say that she at least has a good voice when she sings after hearing her little happy song while walking to school but then i saw the voice actor and i got it. Obviously she would have a good singing voice.

Anyway i sound kind of negative but i don't think it was awful or anything but i do think it will be awful if it simply stays like that. I hope we have a nice plot coming that will make us forget about silly school staff and sweet talking pretty boys going around smiling at her.
There is some promise there with many things to be explained, hope they really go for it.
I think going with humor will be a bad bad choice for this show(it wasn't even funny really) so i hope they avoid trying to make silly jokes and lighten the atmosphere and just let it become tragic, serious and action packed.
If the teacher is evil it will be a nice place to start. She did seem suspicious.

Wasabi said:
Lots of Clamp in this. Typical noodle people, typical twins, typical out of control hair, etc. Not really digging the clumsy-turned-athletic-turned-monster-slayer. Not much to the setting either. Just some pretty looking non-asian breakfast food and a temple and an airy feathery school tucked away in some backwater village in Japan.

Yeah the bad thing is that does seem someone inserted their style clishe instead of trying to make something based on the legacy of the name.
MonadJul 8, 2011 6:06 AM
Jul 8, 2011 6:21 AM

Jun 2011
Monad said:
For excitement and cool factor it wasn't bad at all but that thing was holding her by the head at one point and assuming it is powerful there is no reason why it didn't try to separate her head from her body.
Also i don't exactly get it? As first it seemed like it's body was rock solid and the sword just made sparks hitting it but then it became easy to cut it in pieces.
The best part was the blood spraying on Saya.

I agree, the fight was inconsistent.

I'm not sure what I was hoping for though. Being unlike Blood+ alienates previous fans and completely ruins the name. But would it be better if it were more like Blood+? But Blood+ ended so well there's no need for a sequel. I guess it might have been cool to see the children as the protagonists in this series. However...
Sigh, I could go on, but I seriously don't know what to think.
Will continue watching for the sake of watching anime hoping it will get better for now.
3/5 6/10
El Psy Congroo
Jul 8, 2011 6:43 AM

May 2009
prjgns said:
Monad said:

I agree, the fight was inconsistent.
Looked to me like that monster got a hold of her head between the "teeth" on it's arm so it couldn't decapitate her head. And some parts of its body seemed softer - she simply aimed for those parts. When it stretched its neck, you could see that some areas weren't protected.
Jul 8, 2011 6:50 AM

May 2008
Well, indeed it was a bit weaker than what I expected, though this was only the first episode so I can't say anything more. The opening and the ending song is great, the animation pretty and I like Saya.
I can see a potential chevalier in that black haired guy in Saya's class~ :D
Jul 8, 2011 7:52 AM

Nov 2007
Not a bad episode. It was a little cliche but this is only the beginning and I'm confident it'll get better. As common as this Saya's personality-type may be, at least she's not as annoying as the Saya in Blood+.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jul 8, 2011 9:14 AM

Aug 2007
Nice beginning. But the begining was a quite boring. Now wait to see the other episodes.

About Saya her personality remind me Kobato and her design to Himawari. Im afraid that CLAMP used same style that they used on holic.
Jul 8, 2011 10:17 AM

Nov 2007
Diidn't like Blood+ that much, so I liked Blood-C well enough.

Blood+ Saya. I didn't hate her but she got irritating at times. Blood-C Saya is only mildly annoying right now, so if they lower the cutesy Kobato-esque antics and focus on the plot, I'll be sticking around.
Jul 8, 2011 1:44 PM

Oct 2008
best anime of 2011~
Jul 8, 2011 2:23 PM

Sep 2010
I'm quite disappointed with this episode. I love Blood+ and Blood TLV, but this 1st episode of Blood-C was disappointing, a little boring. I hope the next will be better.
Jul 8, 2011 2:25 PM

Jul 2010
not impressed by the first episode
why did they have to give her glasses.... *sigh*
Jul 8, 2011 2:29 PM

May 2008
Well this sucks. Was gonna give it a try since it was from the blood siries but this is beyond dissappointing.

The new Saya is a complete Mary Sue in that she's athletic yet clutzy and also she kind as kind as a saint. All the boys are girly, including that spiky black haired guy whose interested in Saya and probably has some dark past or something unoriginal like that. The manliest thing in the show is that blue haired girl. The twins always talk in sync...very realistic. I bet actual twins would be offended.

I may be nitpicking with this one but in the basketball game Saya shoots from behind the center line which is a foul.

As for the battle. Silence before the start, very original. That sword looks a bit over the top with fangs the unclench by themselves when she wants to use it. During the fight when Saya is getting pounded by the monster she pretends to be dead which fools the monster. Apperently it can't tell if it actually bashed her head in or not. Also a bit after she swims under the monster, in shallow water, with the thing barely floating above.

After the battle she just leaves that thing there. I bet nobody's gonna have a problem seeing a random bloody bhudda statue with mantis arms floating in shallow water.

All in all it completely sucks. If it doesn't improve in the next ep I'm gonna drop it.
Jul 8, 2011 4:39 PM

Apr 2011
I'm not a huge fan of Blood (mainly bacause i have never had the chance to read/watch it) but, as you can see from my signature, i really love CLAMP!

I was lokking forward to see this anime and i found it really good!

We can't say much from only one episode but i'm already loving Saya!!

Hope it's a 24-26 ep. series...

5/5
Jul 8, 2011 5:10 PM

Jul 2011
4/5 enjoyed it! The fight was awesome!! The monsters can only get bigger and badder and the fights can only get better! Only the first ep so theres lots of questions stiring up which makes my definately interested in watching future episodes.
Jul 8, 2011 6:59 PM

Apr 2010
Attractive main character, good animation and a story line which could be developed fairly well if done correctly. Haven't read the manga but its looking good so far. 5/5 for episode 1 as it was one of the more impressive episode 1's out of this seasons anime.
Jul 8, 2011 7:17 PM

Jun 2008
i enjoyed the show so i'll keep watching. I like clamp (except for xxholic and tsubasa chronicles) so i dont have problems with the character design (i love clamp art and its a relief that they used kobato style instead of xxholic).
The animation is also good and the opening song is really cool. I also like the main character and the mix between normal and happy life with the bloody fights (i dont like 100% dark animes or 100% comedy animes).
I didnt watch blood + so i guess my opinion of the anime is positive cuz im not comparing. Maybe for the fans, blood-c is disappointing cuz the anime is following the clamp style.
ciaossu
Jul 8, 2011 8:38 PM

Nov 2007
HAAAAAAAAI!
BLOOD SPLUUUUUUUUUUURT!

okay, no, in all seriousness. this has gotta be the most awkward slice of life i've ever seen. i'll keep watching for the future reverse harem i'm sensing. = 3 =
Jul 8, 2011 9:00 PM

Dec 2010
YAY~ A girl bad ass here! I love the detail and reality of fighting scenes, expect here glasses dont fall off even when she get thrown around, jst that. I wonder why her eyes went red and serious. And wasnt it eerie how when it was after school she was the ONLY one walking out of her class and all the way home. And DID SHE JUST BLUSH FOR HER DAD??!!!!!!!! omge, thats weird, i thought she liked the cafe dude.
Jul 8, 2011 9:54 PM

Jan 2010
kashim said:
Moe klutz with skillz....originality is going through the roof here. As Yumekichi11 mentioned , twins are very similar to those in xxxHolic.. and they don't seem to fit the series. Dropping it very soon if it becomes fangirl service without any redeeming values.

Apart from visuals and sound, very mediocre start. Unimpressed so far.

3/5

Agree.

And Saya's glasses annoy me... >.> it doen't fit at all
Jul 8, 2011 11:45 PM

Jul 2007
Kuro-Tenshi said:
YAY~ A girl bad ass here! I love the detail and reality of fighting scenes, expect here glasses dont fall off even when she get thrown around, jst that. I wonder why her eyes went red and serious. An

notsureifserious.jpg.

Jul 9, 2011 2:28 AM
Apr 2011
I just can't get over how stupid looking Saya's hair is.
Jul 9, 2011 2:50 AM

Jun 2010
I don't really get it. Anyways nothing special. Very typical. SHe already can use that blood red eye but she's not using the blood to kill.
Jul 9, 2011 3:03 AM

Mar 2009
From the badass Saya of Blood: The Last Vampire
To the crybaby Saya of Blood+
And now to the klutz Saya of Blood-C

Is it just me or is this character being degraded in every series?
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Jul 9, 2011 4:59 AM

Oct 2010
Series seem to be watchable, but I hope Saya will stop being clumsy megane-moe... >_<
I liked the fight, that monster seemed to be quite interesting. I am wondering what the other monsters will look like. I hope for different monsters every episode.
Jul 9, 2011 8:54 AM

Jun 2011
Hmmm, I like the look of the sword, that statue was weird in a fun way and a bit creepy, fight was nice and I like the two twins, something that should be done more often.

Overall had a really slow pacing, especially the singing part was unnecassary, but overall gonna continue watching it, if the fights keep that quality or even get better.
Jul 9, 2011 11:39 AM

Oct 2007
Ever thought that Saya pretends to be clumsy to hide her monster slaying injuries? =/
Jul 9, 2011 12:24 PM

May 2009
Aspha said:
Ever thought that Saya pretends to be clumsy to hide her monster slaying injuries? =/

i highly doubt she drops on the floor on purpose in front of her dad.

anyway WAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO THE BLOOD SERIES!
comedy and horror? WTF? with the blood name?

WTF WITH STATUE, WHERES THE VAMPS
WTF WITH THE SINGING
WTF WITH THE TYPICAL CHARACTERS
WTF SAYA A RETARD
WTF WITH THE FATHER INCEST RELATIONSHIP
WTF WITH THE VISION OF THE LIGHT
WTF, SHE MEANT TO KILL THEM WITH HER BLOOD (well that was blood+, last vamp, could kill them with anything)

seriously I WTF and palmfaced though everything.

serioulsy this doesn't even compare to the other blood series so far, 6/10 if it didnt have the blood name, 1/10 for blood name.

seriously any blood fan will be ashamed of this series so far.

seriously......
ange10Jul 9, 2011 1:09 PM
i created a club that is building up a emotional "feels" anime collections
so if anyone wants to join it and get emotional together please come and join us <3
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=18987
Click for link^
Jul 9, 2011 12:49 PM

May 2009
What a whining faggot you are.

If it wasn't called Blood, people would have been a lot more accepting of the first episode and the majority would most likely have enjoyed it. Seriously, it's vaguely based on the original Blood anime. Just think of it as an entirely new series, don't compare and expect the same fucking thing as Blood+ again. People can't accept change.
Jul 9, 2011 12:59 PM

May 2009
stAtic91 said:
What a whining faggot you are.

If it wasn't called Blood, people would have been a lot more accepting of the first episode and the majority would most likely have enjoyed it. Seriously, it's vaguely based on the original Blood anime. Just think of it as an entirely new series, don't compare and expect the same fucking thing as Blood+ again. People can't accept change.

in this case, I have a right to whine, also the ep so far was mediocre and typical with some random fight scene thrown in.

also vaguely isn't the word.....its like it isn't even in the same universe.

the best thing this can be described to is a piss take of blood series, the anime is a joke to the blood name so far, and it did all this in one ep.
i created a club that is building up a emotional "feels" anime collections
so if anyone wants to join it and get emotional together please come and join us <3
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=18987
Click for link^
Jul 9, 2011 1:23 PM

Dec 2009
I am trying VERY hard to like this series, being both a Clamp fan and a Blood+ fan... but the best I can muster for this starting episode is a bland 2/5, sorry.

I'll give it a few more episodes but right now its just not that interesting and the characters are annoying.

For all those raging at people expressing their dislike of this show... just you wait until Mokona Modoki makes a guest appearance as a kind of spirit guide emerging from Saya's sword (its one of the 108 Secret Skills you know)... then you'll be sorry! ;)
Jul 9, 2011 5:05 PM

Aug 2009
It wasn't bad in my opinion. I didn't expect much coz of the mixed reviews, but since I haven't seen the original Blood series, it doesn't really apply to me I guess.

One thing that interested me was Saya's hair.... coz I've just never seen a main character with think and long ponytails :p

Since I haven't seen the original Blood series I didn't really know what to expect. Or rather, how much blood to expect. Well, now I know why it's called Blood-C. I hope the plot doesn't disappoint.
Jul 9, 2011 5:18 PM
Jul 2011
PandAEmiC said:
Haven't watched this yet because I'm waiting for a more high quality veresion but just a quick question. Is any Blood knowledge needed to understand this show or is this a stand alone show with similar names and characters?

Nope! None whatsoever!

I can safely say it is completely different from Blood +

I actually really like clamp for their romances, and was excited to see what kind of interpretation they would manage with Blood, but... Glasses... twins... do-gooding... sudden fight... wha?
Jul 9, 2011 5:41 PM
Jul 2011
kinda feeling disapointed allready clamp kinda..... doesnt suit blood
Jul 10, 2011 1:18 AM

Dec 2007
I finally got around to watching the first episode. I didn't think it was as bad as many people made it out to be. The slice of life part of the episode came off a bit awkward for me. However, the only thing that threw me off was the silent fighting. Other than that, I'll still continue this series. I am a CLAMP fan after all.

TaksunJul 10, 2011 1:43 AM
Jul 10, 2011 1:48 AM

Aug 2009
I actually like it.

Hatersgonnahate.gif
Jul 10, 2011 2:14 AM

Sep 2010
What's this "HAPPY-GO-LUCKY" girls..... Doing in BLOOD series.....

Damn this is a huge let down........

Btw Second half of the episode was good....... If it will be more like this I will continue watching it....
Jul 10, 2011 3:57 AM

Oct 2010
hmm Saya is boring main character, still I like the concept of the show so I'll keep watching it..

Jul 10, 2011 12:04 PM

Jan 2009
not a fan of the new adaptation. Seems too cliche and I don't like Saya being clumsy and basically having a father complex. I'll watch a few more episodes and see where I'm at before making a decision.
Jul 10, 2011 3:35 PM

Jun 2009
ange10 said:
Aspha said:

i highly doubt she drops on the floor on purpose in front of her dad.

anyway WAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO THE BLOOD SERIES!
comedy and horror? WTF? with the blood name?

WTF WITH STATUE, WHERES THE VAMPS
WTF WITH THE SINGING
WTF WITH THE TYPICAL CHARACTERS
WTF SAYA A RETARD
WTF WITH THE FATHER INCEST RELATIONSHIP
WTF WITH THE VISION OF THE LIGHT
WTF, SHE MEANT TO KILL THEM WITH HER BLOOD (well that was blood+, last vamp, could kill them with anything)

seriously I WTF and palmfaced though everything.

serioulsy this doesn't even compare to the other blood series so far, 6/10 if it didnt have the blood name, 1/10 for blood name.

seriously any blood fan will be ashamed of this series so far.

seriously......

LoL

I didn't like Blood+ and this isn't looking too promising so far either, but I'll watch it anyways... Hopefully Ill enjoy it more as it goes along... Or torture myself like i did during the blood+ series.. ahah
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 18, 2011

190 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 14, 2011

156 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 21, 2011

171 by Beatnik »»
Jan 16, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 1, 2011

131 by dragynfaerie »»
Nov 30, 2023 2:50 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 29, 2011

283 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 8, 2023 8:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.