Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 3, 2011 1:22 PM

Jun 2010
Typical CLAMP.

Many of their characters designs are recycled. Saya looks like a female Watanuki, her classmate looks like Tomoyo's mother, that guy with glasses looks like Yukito and that black-haired guy that seems a bit suspicious looks like Toya.

As for Saya, I was expecting her to have a more serious personality, not klutz like.

Anyways, this seems to follow the direction of xxxHolic/Gate 7. It is using a lot of Japanese traditional elements unlike in Blood+. The first episode was boring but I hope the series turn out good.
Jul 3, 2011 1:36 PM
Jan 2011
zimno said:
hm,i think it was good start.i like it
personally, i think sound effects were nice, though i dont like the op&ed.

4/5 7/10
Yumekichi11 said:

? i feel like they appeared on Zakuro-taisen...

They sure do.
Jul 3, 2011 2:03 PM
Jul 2018
Apart from a decent OP, animation and fight scene, this is ........rather lame
Jul 3, 2011 2:26 PM
Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Saw it as a web cast and I wonder if that means uncensored version due to the ban. Well it certainly was damn amazing! OP is kick ass with a constant bad ass Saya covered in blood during her first fight shown as it follows,

blood is in the house! In fact at first I though the monster was like some sort of statue alive. Little did I know it soon transformed into what looks like a mantis in the spoiler
with a weak point being its neck extended and nice blood splash there. Saya kicks ass! Realistic fights have even spit spitting from the mouth like in boxing as Saya gets a hit from the monster.

Oh wow Saya get maimed and spits out blood in the spoiler
and it looks like the monster does act like a mantis from the looks of what it does here to Saya. So you want blood? You really want it? Really really crazy about it? Check out how the blood pisses and flows from the monster in the spoiler
satisfying enough. It sure was for me! Heck yeah! This will out-pawns HOTD any time! I am just a little curious or a lot in fact in regards to why did Saya change her eye color and shape here right before killing the monster.

I can already see myself liking Nono and Nene in the following,

they bring light heart comedy and most of all they are twins.

Saya getting the sword was the quite the ceremonial.

• The OP itself has some rather explicit scene in the following spoiler
    this includes some Saya ass and breasts partially whom are proportionate so it's a plus. Does Saya ever look amazing here as well as here in regards to the OP.

• From the looks of Tadayoshi touching Saya, she blushes in the following spoiler
    I wonder if that means that she has love for him. I also wonder WTF is that light thing here?
So if you like blood and lots of it in fights and some nude serious shit but nothing stupid of ecchi less fillers are in this series then welcome aboard amigo, let's blood bath enjoy that.

Man, I hate her pigtails.
Jul 3, 2011 2:29 PM
Jul 2011
There are A FEW people with a bit of common sense in here. This first episode of Blood-C is AN OVERALL DISAPPOINTMENT.

I've waited for years for a second Blood anime series and they come out with this thing: I disliked EVERYTHING, from the opening to the closing theme. The more I watched through it, the more disappointed I was.

The clumsiness of Saya, far from being comic, is annoying; her cheerful philanthropy and her overall persona are unconvincing. The high-school setting full of characters whose potential future utility in the development of the series is to be doubt: they could have known better.

In twelve episodes is pretty unlikely that the creators will be able to redeem themselves in the eyes of the Blood franchising fans (and I mean those with a bit of brain). I've followed Blood for years and I just didn't know what to say about this new adaptation.

Blood+ was ONE HELL of a series: the script was an amazing job at a literary level. I really really appreciated the writers of the series. Ryoo Ikehata adopted a writing approach that could be appealing even for older audiences.They made A HUGE mistake by appointing CLAMP to write the script. Blood HAS NEVER BEING aimed at "kind hearted" audience. I always liked it because it has a kinda "serious-kick-ass" aura.

Blood-C looks to me like a regression after all the great job that had been done in the first series (certainly it was not A TOP ONE graphically, but when it comes to the story, well, WAS REALLY GOOD); everything looked less serious in this first episode, too teenage-like, thus annoying and disappointing.
Ok, is just "the first episode", but if just with the first episode is this hopeless, the next ones are set to be the same, or worse. It's a pity, it's really a pity.
Jul 3, 2011 3:04 PM

Jul 2010
Good first episode!!! Not Great, but I'm interested.
Jul 3, 2011 11:38 PM

Feb 2011
Too much blood for just a stone Buddha.

Clamp's trademark shoujo-ish character + blood = weird combination o.O
Jul 3, 2011 11:42 PM

Jun 2009
this is generic designed shit typical of CLAMP and its annorex female designs.
Jul 3, 2011 11:56 PM
Apr 2010
Araiht said:
There are A FEW people with a bit of common sense in here. This first episode of Blood-C is AN OVERALL DISAPPOINTMENT.

I've waited for years for a second Blood anime series and they come out with this thing: I disliked EVERYTHING, from the opening to the closing theme. The more I watched through it, the more disappointed I was.

The clumsiness of Saya, far from being comic, is annoying; her cheerful philanthropy and her overall persona are unconvincing. The high-school setting full of characters whose potential future utility in the development of the series is to be doubt: they could have known better.

In twelve episodes is pretty unlikely that the creators will be able to redeem themselves in the eyes of the Blood franchising fans (and I mean those with a bit of brain). I've followed Blood for years and I just didn't know what to say about this new adaptation.

Blood+ was ONE HELL of a series: the script was an amazing job at a literary level. I really really appreciated the writers of the series. Ryoo Ikehata adopted a writing approach that could be appealing even for older audiences.They made A HUGE mistake by appointing CLAMP to write the script. Blood HAS NEVER BEING aimed at "kind hearted" audience. I always liked it because it has a kinda "serious-kick-ass" aura.

Blood-C looks to me like a regression after all the great job that had been done in the first series (certainly it was not A TOP ONE graphically, but when it comes to the story, well, WAS REALLY GOOD); everything looked less serious in this first episode, too teenage-like, thus annoying and disappointing.
Ok, is just "the first episode", but if just with the first episode is this hopeless, the next ones are set to be the same, or worse. It's a pity, it's really a pity.

How do you not draw any parallels between how C started and how + started? + started with Saya being somewhat clueless, cheerful (if not happy), and a little spaced out. C begins with Saya being clumsy (in her priestess outfit), cheerful, and a little distant.

+ Saya encounters someone who turns her life upside-down (Haji) in the first episode, C Saya encounters someone who is intriguing and has the potential to turn her life upside down in the first episode (Tokizane).

Very little is revealed regarding +Saya's history, background, or ability in the first episode. Very little is revealed regarding CSaya's history, background, or ability in the first episode. However, we do know that both + and C Saya live in a family that, although filled with love, must have had a history of problems.

In the first episode, + Saya's friends are not aware of her other life. In the first episode, C Saya's friends are also not aware of her double life.

I can go on for while listing the parallels between the two, but I think I've made my point. Both C and + started out somewhat light and cheery with something ominous lingering the background that will serve to drive the story. Both C and + featured a large cast in the first episode that will serve as fodder for the rest of the story. Both C and + had characters with plenty of room to continue to develop. Furthermore, both C and + have amazing BGM scores (judging on the first episode).

In the end, your complaint of why you don't like C can be summed up in this one sentence: "because it's not +"

To which I will reply, "Go re-watch +."
Jul 3, 2011 11:57 PM

Apr 2010
I enjoyed the show for it's first episode.

In alot of cases, when a show has an amazing start, the show falls apart
around the middle till the end.

A gradual from okay to amazing is what i like best :D

I.E: Thats how i felt with the show, Shiki
Jul 4, 2011 12:42 AM

Jul 2007
Ding ding ding! We have worst series of decade!

This does not even come close to what Blood+ was. That one was as entertaining as Buffy rip-off-anime can get. This? Not even close.

I mean, I love CLAMP works and all, but some things are just not meant to mesh. Clamp and Blood franchise are one of such cases.

Seriously, I am interested to find out on just how much more worse will it get.

1/5
Jul 4, 2011 1:14 AM

Mar 2010
Oh my God.I didn't even watch the whole episode.Who is the guy doing the narration at the begining???I fell completely in love with his voice..
Jul 4, 2011 1:20 AM

Jun 2010
for me it was a boring first episode. I must tell that I know they can do a better kick ass first episode but unfortunately, it didn't happen.. Still gonna watch this hoping it will be better
Jul 4, 2011 1:54 AM

Dec 2010
what a let down i was so upset after seeing the first episode the character design is shit when it comes to the "chiropterans " or as they say aged people i am a huge fan of blood + but for them to even say this was a 3rd season i was so excited they should have just said it was a spin off. with clamp i doubt it will not have 1/8th the amount of blood and death as the original im so sad about this im afraid to keep watching it and ruin what good memories i had.
- Marissa Chan!
Jul 4, 2011 6:07 AM

Aug 2010
Was it just me or she realised that she is covered in blood only when she looked at her hand? Then this may have somethig to do with the red eyes?
Anyway very good episode, I watched Blood + too but so far I like this one better...
Looking forward for next episode :)
And I think I'm becoming a fan of CLAMP :D .
The truth is... I do not now the truth, only the pretty lies!!!
English is not my first language so I'm sorry for my mistakes and I hope you understood what I wanted so say. ^^
Jul 4, 2011 6:36 AM
Jul 2011
How do you not draw any parallels between how C started and how + started? + started with Saya being somewhat clueless, cheerful (if not happy), and a little spaced out. C begins with Saya being clumsy (in her priestess outfit), cheerful, and a little distant.

+ Saya encounters someone who turns her life upside-down (Haji) in the first episode, C Saya encounters someone who is intriguing and has the potential to turn her life upside down in the first episode (Tokizane).

Very little is revealed regarding +Saya's history, background, or ability in the first episode. Very little is revealed regarding CSaya's history, background, or ability in the first episode. However, we do know that both + and C Saya live in a family that, although filled with love, must have had a history of problems.

In the first episode, + Saya's friends are not aware of her other life. In the first episode, C Saya's friends are also not aware of her double life.

I can go on for while listing the parallels between the two, but I think I've made my point. Both C and + started out somewhat light and cheery with something ominous lingering the background that will serve to drive the story. Both C and + featured a large cast in the first episode that will serve as fodder for the rest of the story. Both C and + had characters with plenty of room to continue to develop. Furthermore, both C and + have amazing BGM scores (judging on the first episode).

In the end, your complaint of why you don't like C can be summed up in this one sentence: "because it's not +"

To which I will reply, "Go re-watch +."

I didn't feel the need "to draw" parallels since I didn't expected to have to drawn any. But even in the presence of those "parallels", this new adaptation is crap: plain and simple. Unfortunately, I can say this even from the first episode, and it's something I wasn't able to say in the first episode of Blood+.
This has nothing to do with the fact that I've already watched Blood+ (twice), because even if I haven't, I would have disliked Blood-C in its whole. I have quite an exigent taste and this did not compelled to my expectations in any of its parts, again: from the opening to the closing song (both really weak even in the animation part; definitely not my cup of tea).

My complaint IS NOT based on the fact that "this is no Blood+ but an alternate re-telling by CLAMP", but on the overall decision to take such an action. I mean, WHY, OH WHY?
Was there really any need for an alternate retelling, and even worse, and alternate re-telling by CLAMP?

In which way can CLAMP compel to a further development of Blood if they have already shown their inadequacy for the task in the very first episode?
It's the OVERALL aura of it which disturbs me: mediocre. A regression to grab younger audiences, maybe?

This is a devolution, not an evolution of the Blood franchising and it will be shown in the rest of the episodes. That's my prediction.

As "MarissaChan" said: "I'm afraid to keep watching it and ruin the good memories I had"; differently, I won't be watching any further, since - for me - this was the greatest let down of the year in anime.
AraihtJul 4, 2011 7:29 AM
Jul 4, 2011 7:40 AM

Jun 2009
It was good I guess. Got bored halfway through watching this. And why do they name the character Saya again?

Jul 4, 2011 7:52 AM
Jul 2018
3/5
I like a lot the Saya design and the battle between her and the vampire.
But the first part of the episodie was a bit boring :( so i hope the next episodies will explain something about Saya and some characters of the story.
Jul 4, 2011 8:21 AM

Jan 2008
Seeing this episode made me realize you really don't need much to make a good anime.
Jul 4, 2011 9:01 AM

Jul 2007
MannyCalavera said:
Seeing this episode made me realize you really don't need much to make a good anime.

And as this episode proved, you don't need anything to make a crappy one, no matter your portfolio
Jul 4, 2011 11:12 AM

Nov 2010
Not bad, and not the best. But it does interest me, so ill await the next episode hopefully explaining a little more of the story and how exactly it will all play out.
Jul 4, 2011 11:29 AM

Feb 2011
So far it is a bit disappointing. CLAMP got too creative (or too lazy) and added some things to the Blood franchise, which I don’t like. Moronic and funny main character (with glasses), creepy twins and evil spirits… Am I watching xxxHolic again? And where are the vampires?
Jul 4, 2011 12:34 PM

Nov 2009
that was really wtf. nothing was explained. this doesnt seem like Blood at all to me and rather i feel like im watching xxxholic again. literally. im gonna stick with it tho because saya was always an awesome character. i dont like the innocent im clumsy but atheletic father-complex or whatever. if this is really Blood then the dad will probably die and saya will turn psychobitch and just hack everything up. one can only hope.

the OP was really nice though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2011 3:04 PM

Jan 2008
- I'm not sure if I like the OP or ED.
- I like the twins.
- Is it just me or do all the females look super tall?
- The Praying Mantis looking stone thing was .. interesting.
- It was meh. It's only the first episode so we'll see how this goes.
Jul 4, 2011 4:30 PM

Mar 2011
It looks like an interesting anime I'm probably going to watch this one whole.

Tags say: Horror I'm doubtful.
RizlimJul 4, 2011 4:33 PM
Jul 4, 2011 4:52 PM

Sep 2008
huh. Thought it was a rock golem but nope. Stoneskins and tensers transformation. Go figure.
Jul 4, 2011 5:05 PM
Apr 2010
I like the direction this anime is going; the director and production crew did a good job setting up the backdrop for an engaging story.
Jul 4, 2011 11:55 PM

May 2008
I don't think I can stand any more of Saya singing to herself with a walking animation loop. I felt like the twins were way too creepy, and nobody really stood out among the supporting characters at all. There seemed to be lots of foreshadowing of chevaliers and hidden agendas but I don't expect the other classmates to flesh out very well character-wise.

I've been expecting this to be cheesy angst with deceptive battle teasers, and really wasn't off the mark.... but it's also got a pretty stark light/dark contrast that could work if it develops well (presumably Clamp does the fluff and Production IG handles the action). The battle scene was well choreographed despite the cg and animation loops. I hope they're just reserving budget for things to come, because this pilot kind of underwhelmed me. I'm not sure they can hold my attention without the Mark Mancina/Hans Zimmer music of Blood+.

I am a banana.
Jul 5, 2011 12:52 AM

Mar 2010
Pretty boring for a first episode...and just bad all around. Creepy sick 'ole incest innuendo to, goddamn.
Jul 5, 2011 12:57 AM

Sep 2008
MoonFox said:
Creepy sick 'ole incest innuendo to, goddamn.

oh please. She's just a daddy's girl. Not everything has to be incest innuendo. Sometimes it can just be Freudian overtones.
Jul 5, 2011 2:10 AM

Jul 2007
Gangler said:
MoonFox said:

oh please. She's just a daddy's girl. Not everything has to be incest innuendo. Sometimes it can just be Freudian overtones.

Its CLAMP.

The group who invented TRC.

(quite big spoiler)
Jul 5, 2011 6:04 AM

Oct 2010
Fai said:
Gangler said:
MoonFox said:

Its CLAMP.

(quite big spoiler)
Was not that first invented by X the movie somewhat.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 5, 2011 9:08 AM

Jul 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
Fai said:
Gangler said:
MoonFox said:

Its CLAMP.

(quite big spoiler)
Was not that first invented by X the movie somewhat.

Or RG Veda, or CCS...

every CLAMP manga has that stuff.

But TRC easily takes the cake as the most heavy on that stuff.
Jul 5, 2011 8:22 PM

Jun 2010
Saya is skilled even though she doesn't look like it.

Jul 5, 2011 8:42 PM

Jun 2008
Just judging off the first episode, this is how I compare all the different Blood shows so far:

Blood+>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Blood-C>>>>>>Blood: the last vampire

will compare again after the last episode...
Jul 5, 2011 9:48 PM
Feb 2009
zealot7 said:
So far it is a bit disappointing. CLAMP got too creative (or too lazy) and added some things to the Blood franchise, which I don’t like. Moronic and funny main character (with glasses), creepy twins and evil spirits… Am I watching xxxHolic again? And where are the vampires?

you must be never watch blood+ the vampire all looking like that something bat+ alien+ predator thing ?

1st episode review : i like Blood+ better than this, this new saya somewhat klutz and i hate that. old saya is an airhead but better than this one.

got + point from doing battle scene on the very 1st episode.

the new version sword somewhat very gore, have fangs and everything, the old one is much cooler but new one more sadistic ?

vampiric eye definitely on new one, old one is gold/yellow as far as i can remember

for old and new saya, the new saya is somewhat much more experienced since the beginning not like the old one, but new saya dont have butler/ sidekick or any flag to that.

still thinking blood+ better than blood-c. but still this is only the 1st episode and i still have hope for blood-c

overall rate :
blood+ = 9
blood-c = 7
Mokona-ModokiJul 6, 2011 12:08 AM
Jul 6, 2011 11:32 AM

Jul 2010
so, this time, saya is glasses boobs clumsy girl with wired hair style...
I like previous short hair saya.
story? as for episode 1, boring... wasn't it?
I hope it'll become better from next.
Jul 6, 2011 12:57 PM

Feb 2011
I have seen Blood + , it is in my list if you doubt it. It had blood-sucking monsters, which I call vampires (out of laziness). I certainly do not remember it having weird statues flying around (seriously, what was that thing Saya fought in this episode?). However, I might be wrong. My memory is not that good at this age, ya know.
Jul 6, 2011 1:50 PM

Apr 2010
I like this show already. Wasn't sure if I should watch it without having seen Blood + but I'll give it a couple of episodes I guess. I love Saya's character and how she's so clumsy but still badass :D

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3
Jul 7, 2011 3:30 AM

May 2009
1/5

It was Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!!! Horrible!
I can't help but compare Blood+ with this, and Blood+ was AMAZING.
Saya's character is so idiotic in this.
As for CLAMP's animation, it was fine, and their stereotyped character style - ok, I can deal with it for Blood, but to make Saya clumsy just for "humour's" sake is really idiotic. Falling flat on one's face... Is that the best they could offer??

What's with the chain around people's necks in the SCHOOL UNIFORM???

Fight scene was well choreographed, but it was still weird. In the beginning she doesn't put a scratch and at the end she's able to cut off arms that easily? Pfft!

gaaaah! Can't stand it!
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Jul 7, 2011 3:55 AM

Oct 2010
quite disappointed. Some parts could just not be in the anime. eg: Saya running back home? there's nothing of importance there.

Kundalini said:
1/5

As for CLAMP's animation, it was fine, and their stereotyped character style - ok, I can deal with it for Blood, but to make Saya clumsy just for "humour's" sake is really idiotic. Falling flat on one's face... Is that the best they could offer??

Fight scene was well choreographed, but it was still weird. In the beginning she doesn't put a scratch and at the end she's able to cut off arms that easily? Pfft!

gaaaah! Can't stand it!
Kundalini said:
1/5

gaaaah! Can't stand it!

that's what i thought. but wil still watch ep2, in case it has improved.
Jul 7, 2011 10:07 AM

Apr 2011
Most characters suck exept Shinichirou Tokizane
Jul 7, 2011 12:48 PM

Jul 2010
Hm~ Well I finished Blood+ about 3days ago (In 2days btw) I like that version even at the first EP of it, but this one wasn't that bad I like this Saya (as appearance) more than the Saya in Blood+ while I loving her personality more than Blood-C =/
Anyway CLAMP has done a good job as always (but I love the designs in the Code geass more lol?)
Last I wondering who's gonna replace Haji? If this is not related to Blood+ then that's fine..I guess? but meh...I missing Haji which is why I watched this EP D:
Jul 7, 2011 2:13 PM

Jul 2011
Kundalini said:
1/5

gaaaah! Can't stand it!

Couldn't agree more. Such a massive disappointment.
Jul 7, 2011 5:12 PM
Apr 2010
The people that are complaining "Blood C sucks" after just 1 episode (which is still outstanding in the summer season) are from the same crowd that said Lucky Star was bad, Natsu no Arashi was stupid, Aria the Animation was boring, Higurashi was dumb, etc.
Jul 7, 2011 5:38 PM
May 2011
RandyW88 said:
How many episodes is this gonna have hope it 24, pre air, come out on the 7th on MBS

It's only 12 sadly =o.
ban1o.jpg
Jul 7, 2011 7:09 PM

May 2008
Decent episode. A bit boring on account of the meandering slice-of-life sequences, but the art and tonal shifts were quite well done. Hopefully, the darker aspects take more precedence as it progresses.

Other thoughts:

- I was waiting for some bad shit to go down when Saya start singing so happily, but thankfully my expectation was averted, as that would have been way too predictable. However, after finishing the episode, I'm now wondering how much of this cheerful easy-going personality is an act. I will hope for character depth.
- I like that it seemed she was testing herself in the battle with the chiropteran (or whatever it is called in this version); she didn't "power up" until she'd had a good fight first and only then for the precision kill. Always in training?
- I like that she seems to be a self-assured fighter and that this is a private aspect of her personality. A rehash of the weak, overtly emotional Saya from the beginning of Blood+ would not have been a good move, as much as it was necessary for later character growth in that series.
chicanerousJul 8, 2011 10:32 AM
Jul 7, 2011 9:03 PM

May 2009
Surprised at the poll results. I thought everyone would enjoy this. Personally, I was extremely impressed with the entire episode. Art, Clamp character designs, animation, soundtrack, fun characters, good atmosphere and an excellent fight. It was great.
Jul 7, 2011 9:21 PM

Dec 2007
The animation was really, REALLY pretty but...I don't think anything happened in this episode. Definitely the most disappointing anime I've started so far this season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2011 9:23 PM

Sep 2010
Long bodies are looooooong.
Too much red and black.
Highlight is Nana Mizuki.

And I looked around, and it seems the only relation this has to Blood+ and stuff is just that it's supposed to be in the same universe or something like that. Is that true?
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 18, 2011

190 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 14, 2011

156 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 21, 2011

171 by Beatnik »»
Jan 16, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 1, 2011

131 by dragynfaerie »»
Nov 30, 2023 2:50 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 29, 2011

283 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 8, 2023 8:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.