Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2011 2:04 PM

Jul 2010
At first I feared they were both dead, but luckily my fears were in vain. What an ending! Great to see all the main characters grown up too.

Good to see Graviel gave Victorique a break there. There's no reason for him to go on now his father has died. I wondered how she changed the color of her hair as well. Maybe it indeed does have something to do with the shock of the Roscoe's and her mother dying and besides that the uncertainty of Kujo being OK.

Truly a great series. It had a bit of a slow start but man, it made up for it tenfold! 8/10

Jul 4, 2011 2:24 PM

May 2009
Well, Gosick ended up being pretty damn awesome. Too bad the first half wasn't as good (was still good though). The characters were nice and the story was interesting with all the mysteries. Animation/art and soundtrack were all very good.

The ending was so sweet. After many years they are finally reunited. Sad how Cordelia and both Brians died though... ;_;
Jul 4, 2011 5:30 PM

Jul 2009
It ended! ;O Hmm, OK, so Brian explains him and his twin were looking for a mother in Cordelia ... ehm, OK, sure then O_O Oh I nearly forgot, I'm pretty sure you can't fall off a cliff and live. Just saying O_O Kind of silly lol. Cordelia, Albert, both twins die. Victorica somehow escapes by dying her hair ... *snort*
Kujo fights the war. Was kind of weird when he had no legs, because I was pretty sure you can't survive that (what would I know, though, lol). Assuming that he doesn't fight in WW2 because ... yea, that just doesn't make any sense. Grevil's a bro after all (he goes back to long hair, wtf lol). Avril and her bottle was funny XD The ending was kind of really predictable, I didn't like it though. Oh and the Roget tells the king about the Coco thing
All right, so, overall. I honestly don't see why everyone likes this. The animation was OK, the music was meh, sure. The characters though really sucked. Same with the plot IMO. Annoying voices were just bleh. I dunno how a cool mystery thing turned into a sappy romance story. Really. I just don't. I have to say I found this really hard to watch :S Some episodes weren't that bad (like in the middle) which were actually quite good, and I thought there was some hope left for me. There wasn't. Plus horrible logic cramps in a show that is basically BUILT on this stuff? 4/10
Jul 4, 2011 6:06 PM
Jan 2010
alexcampos said:
REAL or Illusionary World???
They showed Kujo loosing his legs in the war

He was also in a desolate sand land. The only thing they showed for the -real world- is that his lower body was covered by a metal.
Jul 4, 2011 6:10 PM

Jun 2009
One of the most beautiful and satisfying anime endings I've seen. Kinda wish Cordelia and the Roscoe twins hadn't died but if they didn't, Victorique might not have had the same amount of desperate motivation to find a way to Kujo. Bravo! only 9/10 though bc I just about lost it at how many times I heard Kujo yell "VICTORIQUE!"

ps. I think her hair changed color from fear. Prior to meeting Kujo, she didn't fear death bc she was just a tool for her father but when Brian tried to kill her she was really scared that she would die w/o finding Kujo. I think her hair turned silver then.
kelkenJul 4, 2011 6:17 PM
Jul 4, 2011 6:57 PM

Jun 2007
Hair changes color to white/gray based on a number of factors. Stress and Shock are the top causes so it would make sense that her hair changed due to those two reasons. Another thing that might have happened was due to the "age of magic" dieing, maybe it caused her to lose her gold hair. I'm going with stress and shock though.

I'm pretty sure Kujo was just hallucinating that he lost his legs due to that huge piece of metal on them while he was knocked out. I'm sure when he woke up be moved the metal and got back to work fighting to survive.

I'm happy with the ending. It was really enjoyable. I even like how they insinuated that Kujo and Victorique would grow up to get married and live life happily ever after. It was a nice touch with what little time they had in this episode. It kind of looked funny with Kujo being taller and older. Looked like loli love haha.
Jul 4, 2011 9:04 PM
May 2011
Miora-san said:
Truly amazing show, great ending, I wonder what was it that Kujo wanted to say that he's never told her before? I might've missed it but I was hoping on the lines of "I LOVE YOU"
well im pretty sure that ending was simblifing that they got married, plus put 2 and 2 together, "theres somthing i want to tell you, somthing i need to tell you in person so i cant die here" that pretty much is obviously he wanted to say he loved her

overall amazing serise, i went in expec a mystery and got completly blown away by everything else in the serise, great show, bones did a great job in the transition to anime
Jul 4, 2011 9:05 PM
Jul 2008
Ahh, such a nice show. It's been ages since I watched such a well developed romance, with a beautiful, semi-dramatic plot. The mysteries were all, in the end, related to the oaverarching arc, and they presented both the main plot and the subjacent romance in an easy to watch way. Not too corny, not overly-dramatic, not too boring.

I also can't get enough from the art in gosick. It's just so well done. Such detail, and the tones used are beautiful. Ahh. I'm happy.

Also, I'm happy to see the only people that seem to dislike the anime, are either retards or have no arguments to back up the hate.
Jul 4, 2011 9:18 PM
May 2011
nubmonk said:
Shit ending to a shit show. Thank god that's over.
if oyu hated the show why the hell did you put up with it for 6 months?
Jul 4, 2011 10:41 PM

Jun 2010
Oh that was perfect. I could not expect anything better.

Jul 4, 2011 10:45 PM

Dec 2010
13man18 said:
Oh that was perfect. I could not expect anything better.

Except a kiss
Jul 5, 2011 12:29 AM

May 2010
The thing that almost killed me inside was when Victorique found that hidden drawing that Kujo did for her. It was the most touching scene in the first half. And the voice acting was... Let me just say that that was the most legit crying in sadness and happiness I've heard in anywhere (so far anyway)
"I don't need a reason to save someone"

Kamijou Touma
Jul 5, 2011 2:12 AM

Sep 2010
This is one of the few times that my opinion of a show skyrockets from the ending. The last two episodes were amazing, providing a impressive ending to an otherwise slightly above average show. Personally, I hated both Kujo and Victorique, which speaks volumes about how spectacular the ending was to me considering the score I am giving this show.

After considering giving it a 5 in the middle, I am bumping my rating up to 7/10.
Jul 5, 2011 2:19 AM
Jul 2009
I disliked Kujo dreaming about not having legs WTF...
Also Brian QUICK past?!?!
We don't know if King met his wife and alchemist child
Coldelia could be dead with Brian but yeah did they show it?
Kujo clothes at the end of 24 episode
All misteries solved by Victorique were to short and the one with head of Coco case was way toooo short and simple;P

This series is a masterpiece not because of the mysteries, they were below average, but because of the characters, setting, atmosphere and development of the characters.

There will be OVA to it for sure.
Also Grevil turned his hair back to normal, Victorique and Kujo are still alive. All of them took legacy of their previous ppl. Do not forget about another storms to come;))
batonikJul 5, 2011 2:26 AM
xxx
Jul 5, 2011 2:37 AM

Apr 2009
Oh the happy end I was hoping for...thanks Gosick.

The show's mysteries weren't that mysterious, alongside with the first half, but the second half, especially the last few episodes were really good. I also loved the relationship between Victorique and Kujo. A very sweet couple.
Jul 5, 2011 2:46 AM
Jul 2009
\\I also am wondering about that. Kujo definitely lost his legs (or at least the use of them) in the war. Why else would that scene have existed? And why did Victorique's hair change color like that? \\

Hm hm hm Kujo was lying covered by metal thing after bomb exploded and then he woke up without legs..at the end of series he had bandages near his foots so mb he got paralized or sth and then recovered? I think this wasn't daydreaming.
OR mb it was and their hearts are together fused by their pedants-_-

LOL
xxx
Jul 5, 2011 2:52 AM

Dec 2010
He lost his legs - or rather, his ability to return to Victorique.
It was just a metaphor dude.
Jul 5, 2011 3:14 AM

Nov 2007
Way taller Kujo with same-height Victorique was sort of strange. Their meeting was a heartwarming scene since I thought he really had lost his legs at first.

Cordelia and the Brians ;_____; I wanted them too have a happy ending, but I guess that was too much to ask for D:

Nice to see everything get wrapped up neatly at the end. I was wondering what happened to Ambrose. Luigi is all grown up! And Grevil's hair, oh mai. I'm proud of him for helping out Victorique. The poor guy will never get Jacqueline though >:
The reopening of the school was quite nice too.

Overall, the show wasn't bad. The mysteries were half-predictable, half-impossible and the plot was a little rushed towards the end, but I enjoyed the character interactions. Quality wise, I probably couldn't give this more than a 5-6/10 but I had fun watching it so it gets an 8/10 from me. Might bring it down to a 7 once the freshness wears off.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jul 5, 2011 4:10 AM

Jun 2009
Victorique looks adorable with silver hair. Anyways, a really nice ending. But felt a bit too rushed but overall its great. Really going to miss Gosick. 9/10

Jul 5, 2011 5:05 AM

Sep 2009
really satisfied with the happy ending in this anime xD
I Like how in the end kujo and victorique ended up being together i wish they could have kissed but oh well xD
alsoooo i thought kujo had died xD
9/10 for me

Jul 5, 2011 6:10 AM

Jun 2009
Well nice happy ending but the part were kujo cut in half, was it a dream?

Victorique in silver :V Want blond (more colors in it lol)

Jul 5, 2011 10:39 AM

Sep 2008
good ending for a good series, its a shame about the silver hair tou
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jul 5, 2011 10:43 AM
Jul 2009
notsureifsrs-metaphore in Japan is something way to big to conclude simply like in Angel beats epiloge. So I can have doubts especialy when ending was so messed up.
xxx
Jul 5, 2011 11:51 AM

Jun 2009
notsureifsrs said:
He lost his legs - or rather, his ability to return to Victorique.
It was just a metaphor dude.

I can't believe people don't get the metaphor >_<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2011 12:08 PM

Aug 2010
One of the best endings this year I think. I loved how they changed her hair to silver. It was so sad when the twins and Cordelia died though but at least she took Albert with her. I'm gonna miss this show.
Jul 5, 2011 2:04 PM

Jun 2009
:____________:

Aw shit.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 5, 2011 8:41 PM
Jan 2011
I also wondered about that, too! Lol! How Victorique's hair turned from blonde to silver. I thought it was either because of the stress she had gone through or because she was a gray wolf? I could be 100% wrong but that's my thought!

Btw, she looked so pretty in the white dress and I thought, "Oh yay!!! Kujo and Victorique are going to get married!" :D
Jul 5, 2011 11:05 PM

May 2009
The series ended beautifully. So much so that I had to bump up my final score.
Jul 5, 2011 11:50 PM

Nov 2008
Ending was spot on, the whole progression was fluid and seemed to roll in one continuous motion. 9.5/10, I'll probably just round it up to a 10.
Jul 6, 2011 2:45 AM

Sep 2010
Pretty good series. Really liked the ending.
Jul 6, 2011 10:28 AM
Jan 2010
She over hears people talking that they are searching for a short girl with golden hair who is 15 but looks like a 10 year old. Then she goes to treat bad Brian. He must have done something her hair to make it silver to keep her getting caught. He tells her that she has to live right.
Jul 6, 2011 12:24 PM

Aug 2009
Her hair turning silver was just so stupid.

Lame series. I loved the first arc, but the rest was just retarded. 5/10, and I'm being incredibly generous.
Jul 6, 2011 12:38 PM

Jun 2009
jkalyana said:
She over hears people talking that they are searching for a short girl with golden hair who is 15 but looks like a 10 year old. Then she goes to treat bad Brian. He must have done something her hair to make it silver to keep her getting caught. He tells her that she has to live right.

Would have been smarter if her new hair color was black, brown or even red like Brian's (since everyone thought that she's his daughter).

First arc was awesome but later became mediocre. But towards the end it once again became great series. The ending was a bit rushed but it's kinda okay. Overall, it was great and rather enjoyable series to watch. So I rate this series 8/10.
Jul 6, 2011 3:38 PM

May 2009
jkalyana said:

Nah, I don't think so. Her hair had become silver permamently, and I don't think there is anything she could do that with.
Jul 6, 2011 10:05 PM

Dec 2009
For me, who loves white hair, I liked her hair blonde.
Why couldn't they just hug or something?! Or say they love each other?! Because they totally do.
hvdjsbkcxnm bnnnncm. I kinda felt like I was watching grave of the fire flies in the last bit.
Jul 7, 2011 12:30 AM
Jan 2011
prismheart said:
Tawm said:
so uh, who else uncontrollably teared up? :3

10/10

I did a little.

Me too... T_T It was good!!!! BEST ANIME for 2011!!!
Jul 7, 2011 6:14 AM

Feb 2010
Whoa..,

GRAY? SILVER? GOLD?

wtf.., explain please..,

seriously.., the last episode sucked hard (except for the "together again" part though..,)

RUSHED..,
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jul 7, 2011 6:27 AM

Jan 2010
Sweemin said:
prismheart said:
Tawm said:
so uh, who else uncontrollably teared up? :3

10/10

I did a little.

Me too... T_T It was good!!!! BEST ANIME for 2011!!!

me toooooooo!!
Beautiful ending!! and art and everything! 9/10 !!
Jul 7, 2011 6:47 AM

Mar 2009
Thank you Bones for another great series!

Good ending.
Jul 7, 2011 7:15 AM
Feb 2009
beautiful ending for such beautiful fairy tale 9/10 for me

p.s. lol for those who expecting cleverly executed plot/case solving
oblivious is a bliss
Jul 7, 2011 3:00 PM

Oct 2010
Awesome ending.
I had it scored 9/10, but i changed it to 10/10 after the ending.

I hope it gets licensed some day.
"El Psy Congroo"
Jul 7, 2011 3:28 PM
Mar 2010
Was it a nice episode??? I think: oh yes!!!
Was it a good final??? I think: not bed...
Was it a right final??? I think: not enough....

Why for first 17-18 episodes this anime was so repetetive, and sometimes a bit annoying, in certain episodes only Victorique was reason I watched it.... And last 5-6 episodes, tone and plot were so mature and elevate.... Second War, not a little thing....
Even so, I aspected something more from Kujo-Victorique reunion, instead for other charas they were all good....
Victorique is so kawaii, and very good character, Kujo?? not bed, but certain time soooooo foolish..... Grevil and Cordelia are another good chara......
Special mention for OP and greats two ED!!! Unity is very very good and beautiful clip, Resuscitated Hope is my favorite, really really good and beautiful...

Definitely I give 7,5 to this anime, aaawww Vic-to-ri-queeeee!!!!
Jul 7, 2011 6:37 PM
Jul 7, 2011 7:26 PM

Jul 2009
I'm disappointed they didn't do the real timeskip but I think I will try and find some place that summarizes the last two books because the ending seemed so off. I thought it was cute and great and I almost teared up but it didn't seem real.
Jul 8, 2011 1:03 AM

Apr 2011
:/ 10/10
At times, a sense of adversity strengthens men, giving them that troublesome feeling that they're fighting for a righteous cause.

Jul 8, 2011 12:29 PM

Nov 2009
darkblade889 said:
um so did he live or die?

....Kujo? -.-

I have to say the way they made us believe he did, even enough to convince this guy despite his appearance, made the ending a lot better. I had a feeling it was going to end in the next minute once it reached the 10 minute mark of the episode, so they gave it plenty of time to wrap it up.

The last arc was really awesome - of course they crunched a lot of material in there and it was a little rushed as well. The second half was indeed awesome, but there was the slow moments in the first that ended up with a 8.25 cumulative score for enjoyment. Might raise it but that will be decided in my review...
Jul 8, 2011 5:20 PM

Oct 2010
The ending was beautiful, but...

Oosran said:
Anyway, some things overall I really disliked;
-Kujo's new haircut.
-Brian dying. The one fighting alongside Cordelia probably died too.
-Cordelia being dead.
-Cordelia dying the second to last episode.
-Cordelia not magically reviving.
-Cordelia actually being dead.
-Kujo actually surviving.

I'll probably give this series a 8-9/10. Couldn't really say it was a masterpiece since some episodes were quite disappointing. Anyway, it was enjoyable. Especially the second arc. <3
[insert awesome signature here]
Jul 9, 2011 1:49 AM

Mar 2009
This show was pretty enjoyable throughout its whole run. However the final scene between Victorique and Kujo forced me to give it an 8/10 instead of 7. Not many anime are big enough to properly end, but this one did it with flying colors. Kudos to a great show, and kudos for giving it a proper ending.
Jul 9, 2011 1:26 PM

Sep 2010
I thought Victorique dyed her hair silver on the boat, but even in 1929 it's still silver. I doubt the original author has even thought about that weird apparition that possibly exists in RL too. Very weird.
And Kujo's gotten fat.

Anyway, it was really a great show, BUT it felt a bit rushed and there were some things that were rushed. It felt as if the first half of the show had everything explained but the last half of the show was more and more rushed the more it came close to the ending. The last half of this episode for example feels the most rushed of the whole series. They should've made this a 26 episodes show so that they could've explained everything in the details.
However, I really enjoyed it and was hooked to this show since they very first episode and almost never let me down. As I said they should've explained some more of the ending but apart from that it was a very great show.
I can't get myself to give this show a 10, but something like a 9.5/10 is what I think this show is worth in my eyes.
Jul 10, 2011 2:14 AM

Aug 2008
Loved everything about this ending, and this show's last stretch of episodes. It had some dull moments but overall I really really enjoyed this series.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

timeagent - Jan 14, 2011

201 by redorzo »»
Apr 30, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.