Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 1, 2011 7:14 AM

Apr 2011
I thought it would be fun if we determined our personality type and shared them with each other. You can take the test here: (make sure to read the information on the links provided after taking the test)
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

The results are based on the Myers-Briggs personality type which were originally derived from Carl Jung. Here's a site that tells more information about Myers-Briggs
http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/

There are 16 possible types. Here's a description of all 16 types:
http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/the-16-mbti-types.asp

Once you get a description from the above links (one from the test and one from the link that describes all 16 types) you can post it here. Also, if you want more information there is a great book called The Art of Speedreading People.

For example, mine is INFP
Idealistic, loyal to their values and to people who are important to them. Want an external life that is congruent with their values. Curious, quick to see possibilities, can be catalysts for implementing ideas. Seek to understand people and to help them fulfill their potential. Adaptable, flexible, and accepting unless a value is threatened

I found an interesting website that has a lot of free articles about becoming better socially. This should be especially important for introverts.
http://succeedsocially.com/index.html

Lotus97 said:
Are you a highly sensitive individual? Take a test to find out
http://www.hsperson.com/pages/test.htm

If you score yes, then check out some of the other articles on the site.

Lotus97 said:
If anyone forgot to read a detailed description of their type that was provided from the links given after taking the test, here are the links:

http://keirsey.com/4temps/overview_temperaments.asp

http://typelogic.com/
Lotus97Oct 26, 2013 7:33 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2011 7:20 AM

Jan 2011
goddammit i can't help but love these things!!

it'll take me some time, since i'm at work...but i'm all over this! =D
Jul 1, 2011 7:40 AM

Mar 2009
ISTP
Tolerant and flexible, quiet observers until a problem appears, then act quickly to find workable solutions. Analyze what makes things work and readily get through large amounts of data to isolate the core of practical problems. Interested in cause and effect, organize facts using logical principles, value efficiency.
Jul 1, 2011 7:54 AM

Jan 2011
ISFP
Quiet, friendly, sensitive, and kind. Enjoy the present moment, what’s going on around them. Like to have their own space and to work within their own time frame. Loyal and committed to their values and to people who are important to them. Dislike disagreements and conflicts, do not force their opinions or values on others

yeah hard to disagree, for better or worse
Jul 1, 2011 8:00 AM

Apr 2011
An interesting thing about mine. One the last letter, I'm pretty close between judger and perceiver. But my parents are also close between the two. They are messy, disorganized, late to appointments, yet they can also be very judgemental of others and most likely also themselves. I've been the same way throughout my life though I'm closer to perceiver and they're closer to judger.

I was thinking, maybe people can also list what they do for work or are studying in school and how this applies to that
Jul 1, 2011 9:07 AM

May 2011
INTJ
Have original minds and great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals. Quickly see patterns in external events and develop long-range explanatory perspectives. When committed, organize a job and carry it through. Skeptical and independent, have high standards of competence and performance – for themselves and others.

That was kind of fun. Fairly accurate description too, I'd say.
Jul 1, 2011 9:31 AM

Apr 2011
RJEzrilou said:
INTJ
Have original minds and great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals. Quickly see patterns in external events and develop long-range explanatory perspectives. When committed, organize a job and carry it through. Skeptical and independent, have high standards of competence and performance – for themselves and others.

That was kind of fun. Fairly accurate description too, I'd say.

Same type as my dad
Jul 1, 2011 10:55 AM

Jan 2009
INTJ
Have original minds and great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals. Quickly see patterns in external events and develop long-range explanatory perspectives. When committed, organize a job and carry it through. Skeptical and independent, have high standards of competence and performance – for themselves and others

Fits... -exactly- xD
Jul 1, 2011 11:03 AM

Jan 2011
what i thought was cool was that i had the same type as Fredric Chopin...one of my fave composers. also got Jimmy Carter and Jane Fonda...hmmm.

how about you fine folks? =D
Jul 1, 2011 1:09 PM

Aug 2009
INTJ, same as RJEzrilou and Kaito-chan. It's a known fact that I'm introverted
Quite a good test, and pretty accurate. Especially the part that says 'skeptical and independent' - perfect description.

Btw, great topic, Lotus, I've always been interested in things like this.
Jul 1, 2011 1:20 PM

Apr 2011
billmurderface said:
what i thought was cool was that i had the same type as Fredric Chopin...one of my fave composers. also got Jimmy Carter and Jane Fonda...hmmm.

how about you fine folks? =D

I took the test from a book, but maybe I should check out that online one to see who's like me

@meta
Thanks ;)
Jul 1, 2011 7:07 PM

Dec 2008
ENFJ
Warm, empathetic, responsive, and responsible. Highly attuned to the emotions, needs, and motivations of others. Find potential in everyone, want to help others fulfill their potential. May act as catalysts for individual and group growth. Loyal, responsive to praise and criticism. Sociable, facilitate others in a group, and provide inspiring leadership.

Funny how I'm always almost 50/50 on the extroverted and introverted scale, but usually on tests I've taken like this I'm almost always extroverted. Maybe it depends on my mood? Derp.

But yeah, I love these kinds of tests; they're usually very accurate. :D

Oh, yeah. I'm a writer/artsy chick, but this has me placed for jobs like social work and being a teacher and stuff. While that would be nice, I guess, and I'm sure I could do great in them, sometimes people are so annoying...!!

I suppose, placed in obvious situations where they're not going to be complaining to you, or rather talking to you, will be easier, but still, haha. At least I am learning young that people can be two-faced. No offense, all you awesome people here. :DDD
Jul 2, 2011 2:08 AM

Aug 2010
INTJ
Have original minds and great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals. Quickly see patterns in external events and develop long-range explanatory perspectives. When committed, organize a job and carry it through. Skeptical and independent, have high standards of competence and performance – for themselves and others
(ง`▽´)ง
Jul 2, 2011 4:33 AM

Jun 2011
ISTJ
Quiet, serious, earn success by thoroughness and dependability. Practical, matter-of-fact, realistic, and responsible. Decide logically what should be done and work toward it steadily, regardless of distractions. Take pleasure in making everything orderly and organized – their work, their home, their life. Value traditions and loyalty.

Im not really orderly...more a kind of messy.
Jul 2, 2011 4:41 AM

Jan 2009
We seem to have a lot of original minds around xD
Jul 2, 2011 6:20 AM

Aug 2009
ENTP (The Visionaries)
Quick, ingenious, stimulating, alert, and outspoken. Resourceful in solving new and challenging problems. Adept at generating conceptual possibilities and then analyzing them strategically. Good at reading other people. Bored by routine, will seldom do the same thing the same way, apt to turn to one new interest after another.

I'm the second E one here? And the first ENTP! I've taken the test in various sites and each time this result comes up. Most of the times my E and I are close, but it's always E>I in my results.
Also the T is close with the F, and T always wins even for a little.
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Jul 2, 2011 7:41 AM

Apr 2011
FuchursRvng said:
ISTJ
Quiet, serious, earn success by thoroughness and dependability. Practical, matter-of-fact, realistic, and responsible. Decide logically what should be done and work toward it steadily, regardless of distractions. Take pleasure in making everything orderly and organized – their work, their home, their life. Value traditions and loyalty.

Im not really orderly...more a kind of messy.

My parents are both judgers too and they're both messy and disorganized. Most people have at least a few traits from each side of the spectrum
Jul 4, 2011 11:46 AM

Apr 2011
Here's an article about introverts (and extroverts)

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/201008/revenge-the-introvert
Jul 4, 2011 12:28 PM

Aug 2009
btw Cardcaptor, you're the same type as my mom! :D ENFJ
Jul 4, 2011 6:13 PM
Feb 2009
Like a few other people here, I got INTJ.
Jul 6, 2011 10:54 PM

Dec 2008
JusticeUndone said:
btw Cardcaptor, you're the same type as my mom! :D ENFJ

Gyahaha, seriously? Awesome. I think. XDDD I'll take it by the smiley that it's good. :D

My Mom and I usually are complete opposites on these things - I remember the last time we took one of these together, we literally wound up with the exact opposite result.
Jul 7, 2011 1:16 AM

Apr 2008
ENFP
Warmly enthusiastic and imaginative. See life as full of possibilities. Make connections between events and information very quickly, and confidently proceed based on the patterns they see. Want a lot of affirmation from others, and readily give appreciation and support. Spontaneous and flexible, often rely on their ability to improvise and their verbal fluency.

I'm reading about this personality of mine. i really wonder if this is a good trait lol. seems like theres a lot of bad to it =/
Jul 7, 2011 3:46 AM

Nov 2008
ISFJ
Quiet, friendly, responsible, and conscientious. Committed and steady in meeting their obligations. Thorough, painstaking, and accurate. Loyal, considerate, notice and remember specifics about people who are important to them, concerned with how others feel. Strive to create an orderly and harmonious environment at work and at home.

--
Well, I'm not that quiet and concerned with what others feel, but some bits don't always match, eh?
Jul 7, 2011 5:31 AM

Apr 2011
@Necronomicon

That's the same as my mom. You can try finding another test at a different website if you don't think it's accurate, but there's a lot of nuance to some of these traits so you might have some in different situations.
Jul 23, 2011 3:35 AM

Jun 2011
I also got ISFJ!

Thank you for posting this, Lotus ^^ It's always interesting to find out what we our personality type is, based on a test! And you also get to know each other that bit better too!
Jul 23, 2011 5:11 AM

Feb 2009
These tests don't work for me. I have two people in my head after all.

If I took it between waking and before sex, I get a completely different person to who I spend the day as.

My male side is mainly bitter about how life has turned out for him. He's mainly angry and just not much fun. Not that life is a bed of roses for me either. How would you like looking in the mirror girls, and seeing a balding old man.

I feel like a dual gendered anime character that has had the original male side abandon the body most of the day and stuck me with it without the benefit of actually changing physically for me first.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Jul 23, 2011 7:03 AM

Aug 2009
@NV

ENFPs have lots in common with us ENTPs. Sometimes I can't stand your F sides.. which means putting feelings above logical thinking.. I'm a person that mostly works with mind processing thoughts rather than pure feelings. But apart from that, we've got lots in common. You should check out more in personalitycafe.com. The people there are very friendly and will help you learn more about your type.

Btw.. i'm still eagerly waiting for another ENTP to appear in this club!! Come on! There must be someone else there! ^.^
Jul 23, 2011 7:14 AM

Jan 2011
@justice

just another example of how you're one of a kind hehe =P
Jul 23, 2011 8:34 AM

Aug 2009
billmurderface said:
@justice

just another example of how you're one of a kind hehe =P

haha thnx Bill! :P It would still be interesting to see another ENTP in here!
Jul 23, 2011 8:54 AM

Jan 2011
yeah i'm pretty sure i'm the only ISFP so far too
Jul 23, 2011 9:32 AM

Apr 2011
I glad you guys are liking this game.

@Sukunai

I think I have an idea of how you might feel (I'm just guessing based on some of your postings that we might have similar issues). These personality tests go beyond gender I think so you might want to give it a try just for fun (or not, it's your choice).
Jul 23, 2011 11:56 AM

Jul 2008
Odge said:
ISTP
Tolerant and flexible, quiet observers until a problem appears, then act quickly to find workable solutions. Analyze what makes things work and readily get through large amounts of data to isolate the core of practical problems. Interested in cause and effect, organize facts using logical principles, value efficiency.

I quoted it since I got the same, ISTP
My candies:
Jul 23, 2011 12:55 PM

Apr 2011
I decided to actually take the test. It says I'm 1% more a judger than perceiver. I still think I'm closer to perceiver, but I knew I was right in the middle just like my parents are. Maybe I just don't want to admit I'm like my parents (who are slightly more judgers), but I think it could just be the way the particular questions in the test were structured.
Lotus97Jul 23, 2011 1:02 PM
Jul 23, 2011 12:56 PM

Feb 2010
ESFJ
Warmhearted, conscientious, and cooperative. Want harmony in their environment, work with determination to establish it. Like to work with others to complete tasks accurately and on time. Loyal, follow through even in small matters. Notice what others need in their day-by-day lives and try to provide it. Want to be appreciated for who they are and for what they contribute.

First ESFJ?
Jul 23, 2011 1:04 PM

Apr 2011
Welcome to 20+, Scepth. Yeah, It seems we also have more introverts than extroverts in here.
Jul 23, 2011 1:09 PM

Feb 2010
Lotus97 said:
Welcome to 20+, Scepth. Yeah, It seems we also have more introverts than extroverts in here.

Thanks!

Its weird coz I sorta think of myself as an introvert. But I guess I do behave differently when I'm out or at work.
Jul 23, 2011 1:28 PM

Apr 2011
Some of these links on the page of the test results are quite interesting and I especially like looking at famous people with same personality type. Mine include:

William Shakespeare
John F. Kennedy

---and fictional ones:

Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
Deanna Troi (Star Trek - The Next Generation)
E.T.: the ExtraTerrestrial (I have no idea how they got this one)
Jul 28, 2011 9:41 AM

Apr 2011
Are you a highly sensitive individual? Take a test to find out
http://www.hsperson.com/pages/test.htm

If you score yes, then check out some of the other articles on the site.
Jul 30, 2011 4:50 PM

Jul 2008
ISFJ
Quiet, friendly, responsible, and conscientious. Committed and steady in meeting their obligations. Thorough, painstaking, and accurate. Loyal, considerate, notice and remember specifics about people who are important to them, concerned with how others feel. Strive to create an orderly and harmonious environment at work and at home.

have to say it sounds pretty much like me though
Jul 31, 2011 9:46 AM

Jan 2008
INTJ

Took one of these my freshman year as part of orientation class. I'm still surprised that I'm (slightly) more judging than perspective.
Jul 31, 2011 10:11 AM

Apr 2011
@Cyan

Hey there. Nice to see another new face in the club. My dad is also an INTJ. Me and both of my parents are right in between Judger and Perceiver. When I took the test I actually was 1% more Judger, but I read the description of both in a couple different sources and I'm convinced that I'm actually INFP (not J). You might want to read descriptions of INFP also and compare them:

http://keirsey.com/4temps/healer.asp

http://typelogic.com/infp.html
Aug 5, 2011 7:55 AM

Apr 2011
Just a reminder for everyone to take the test to find out if you're a highly sensitive person (unrelated to being a senser). About 15-20% of the population is one so that should be some of us.
Aug 5, 2011 8:23 AM

Jan 2010
ENFJ
Warm, empathetic, responsive, and responsible. Highly attuned to the emotions, needs, and motivations of others. Find potential in everyone, want to help others fulfill their potential. May act as catalysts for individual and group growth. Loyal, responsive to praise and criticism. Sociable, facilitate others in a group, and provide inspiring leadership.
Aug 5, 2011 9:57 AM

Apr 2011
Himari_Chan said:
ENFJ

Sounds like you'll be a valuable asset to our team :) Did you find the description to be accurate?
Aug 5, 2011 10:31 AM

Mar 2010
I got INTJ..

Introverted 67 %
Intuitive 12 %
Thinking 38 %
Judging 56 %

You are:

distinctively expressed introvert
slightly expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed judging personality

------------

uhh... I don't find that lil description everyone is posting -.-''

seeing the % up there.. I dunno if I think of myself as that introvert.. I used to be way more introvert...
and I don't get how they mean the 'judging' point..
Aug 5, 2011 10:53 AM

Apr 2011
Hel said:
I got INTJ..

Introverted 67 %
Intuitive 12 %
Thinking 38 %
Judging 56 %

uhh... I don't find that lil description everyone is posting -.-''

seeing the % up there.. I dunno if I think of myself as that introvert.. I used to be way more introvert...
and I don't get how they mean the 'judging' point..

My dad is also an INTJ. It seems this club also has a lot of them. Here is a link to more information about Judging vs Perceiving. I was skimming it and apparently judging is different from being judgemental. Actually, I'm not sure my parents are judgers because I thought it had to do with being judgemental and feeling self-righteous. I'll have to read more about this now.

http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/judging-or-perceiving.asp

Here's a short description:
INTJ

Here's two more links:

http://keirsey.com/4temps/mastermind.asp

http://typelogic.com/intj.html
Aug 5, 2011 10:58 AM

Apr 2011
If anyone forgot to read a detailed description of their type that was provided from the links given after taking the test, here are the links:

http://keirsey.com/4temps/overview_temperaments.asp

http://typelogic.com/
Aug 5, 2011 11:03 AM

Jan 2008
ISTP for me. Slightly expressed EVERYTHING.
Aug 5, 2011 11:11 AM

Mar 2010
Ahh, thx for the link @ Lotus. I was thinking if it means something like that:

"Do not confuse Judging with judgmental, in its negative sense about people and events. They are not related."

But I'm glad to hear that they don't mean it like that, because then I would strongly disagree. ^^

There is another paragraph:

"...people who tend to focus on making decisions have a preference for Judging because they tend to like things decided. People who tend to focus on taking in information prefer Perceiving because they stay open to a final decision in order to get more information."

I don't know if I can actually say which one applies more for me. I do like having things decided, but e.g. when it comes to opinions I prefer having no opinion about something/someone than having one based on little information..

Lotus97 said:

Here's a short description:
INTJ
l

I wouldn't say I have that many goals really that I strive to achieve soon :P
but I agree on being (overly and so negatively) perfectionist sometimes.
Oct 15, 2011 8:05 PM

May 2008
ENTJ
Frank, decisive, assume leadership readily. Quickly see illogical and inefficient procedures and policies, develop and implement comprehensive systems to solve organizational problems. Enjoy long-term planning and goal setting. Usually well informed, well read, enjoy expanding their knowledge and passing it on to others. Forceful in presenting their ideas.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Hi!I am... :) ~ Introductions ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Mar 12, 2011

5705 by tamilanime »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.