Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Aug 31, 2012 6:40 AM

Jul 2011
worst final ever...
Sep 2, 2012 7:51 AM

Jul 2012
Should've picked the cute tsundere
Sep 4, 2012 9:01 AM

Jul 2011
Dimitrit said:
Should've picked the cute tsundere

Indeed, she was one of my favorites...
Sep 4, 2012 9:18 AM

Sep 2012
Same here. Ui is the worst of the female characters of the show.
Sep 5, 2012 7:55 AM

Aug 2011
*sigh* In the end, it's Ui who won even though she's was the least person who made effort to get the mc. I seriously want him to end up with Madoka or Ibuki. Damn it, anime like this should follow the Amagami SS or Yosuga no Sora format.

I give it 5/10. At first I gave it a 4 but how they confess to each other was actually cute so I give props to that.

Also Ayumu got the MILF. Yeah Ayumu, GET SOME! :D
Dec 26, 2012 5:15 PM

Jun 2012
Enjoyable show, I liked the art and the opening which I found very beautiful.
This series is much better than Akane-Iro IMO, maybe I'll read the visual novel aswell.
Jan 4, 2013 7:04 PM

Jan 2011
That was literally the worst ending.
But I love how when Sakai was talking to Kazuma she was just like
"Dude, this is my OTP you confess to her right now I AM NOT LETTING THIS SHIP SINK."
Formerly gutsyGumshoe
Jan 7, 2013 9:03 PM

Jan 2008
Series was ok, would have been better with a Ibuki ending tho! D:
Jan 14, 2013 8:45 AM

Jul 2009
You could tell at the very beginning that he was going to be with Ui, just take the Opening for instance.

She has 2seconds more screen time then anyone else! that's like a major dead giveaway!

another one is, the constant staring at him, during group activities.

10/10 would play visual novel

9/10 for the anime as it was great, but could be better.

might actually drop to 8.
Feb 17, 2013 11:02 PM

Oct 2012
I was soooo angry Ibuki or Madoka didn't end up with Kazuma >.<

Mar 20, 2013 7:31 AM

Feb 2012
gave this a 6/10 coz he ends up with the most stupid, gluttonous girl of all the other choices. I would've rated this prolly higher if he chooses Madoka (+2) or Ibuki (+1). Moreover, there was no actual main plot or storyline throughout this series.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Apr 11, 2013 8:35 AM
Aug 2012
it was very average tho its more realistic than most rommance where there isnt overly complex situations its more straightforward so it was fine .
Apr 20, 2013 4:58 PM
Apr 2013

To be honest, i really liked this anime. (Maybe because i think Romance Harems are awesome. Despite anything Haha.) But i think the paring of Ui and Kazuma was alright. But i wouldn't have minded to see Hinata or Madoka paired with him also haha. Also for Tsumugi, that was a smart plan to fake being sick just so Ui could be the Megami. :3
Jun 13, 2013 2:06 AM

May 2013
Hmmm already knew who's gonna be with the MC, but still I had fun watching this. lol Ayumu got all the milfs haha. 7/10 for me :)
Tch.
Jun 27, 2013 5:43 PM

May 2012
A lovely confession in the end rounding this anime quite nicely off, while it was quite promising in the beginning with a great pace it got slightly worse in the end, although these last two episodes sure got better to finish it off! I did liked this anime and its setting! 6/10
Jul 4, 2013 5:12 AM
Jun 2009
I shouldn't have watched this episode... I should have stopped at ep 11 when I thought that the next ep won't end well for me...
Jul 14, 2013 3:11 PM

Apr 2013
Watched this because this was the shortest series and finished it in a night, I liked this series a lot I don't think I have to say anything 8/10
Aug 27, 2013 6:10 PM

May 2013
Ohhhhh FUCK EVERYTHING!!...
Oct 11, 2013 11:28 AM

Sep 2011
I'm satisfied with this. Well, Ui is my most favorite but the romance progress didn't work in my case because their friends only forced them to make a move instead one of the two. I just don't like that kind of how romance progresses between the characters.

Anyway, 8/10.

Nov 15, 2013 7:18 AM

Aug 2012
It should've been Ibuki or Madoka. Ui getting the price at the end feels very out of place. Terribly disappointed, I shouldn't have watched this. T_T
Nov 22, 2013 5:43 PM

Oct 2010
It was a very good anime with a decent ending, I think Ibuki was a stronger choice than Ui, but I'm not mad about it. 7/10
Dec 5, 2013 9:44 PM

Oct 2013
Great series, eventhough the ending was a little bit disappointing because i ship Kazuma x Tsumugi or Kazuma x Hina i don't know about you guys , but at least the main character (kazuma) ended up with someone in this case is Ui, that's the point i prefer that ending than Harem ending like most harem animes these days i just hate it when the main character can't decide with whom he wants to end up with.

Overall score 8/10, it could be better if they make a second season of it but let's don't hope too much since it was an original ending, perhaps i'm gonna try the Visual Novel instead. anyways *cheers*
Jun 9, 2014 6:06 AM

Apr 2014
This anime was way too rushed and all over the place. If I had to say why it'd probably be because there were too many heroines and they tried to play all their arcs.
Jul 2, 2014 2:16 PM

Jun 2014
Mediocre series, the author really failed to convince us that Ui was deserving to be the winner. Wtf it was really out of the blue when Kazuma suddenly feels that he love Ui, and Ui need to be convinced that she also loves Kazuma. BS

4/10
blessofcurseApr 15, 2015 8:01 PM
Dec 20, 2014 11:46 PM

Apr 2011
Well Ui wins : I was at least expecting the scroll to be a complete blank but Madoka actually writing a message in did surprise me.

.... Why oh why!!!
>We were rejected
>whatevs

Q_Q This too hurts oh so much
Feb 22, 2015 5:24 AM
No Drop Hell

Sep 2011
I literally would've been happy with any other girl. Ui was boring, annoying, and there is no satisfaction in seeing Kazuma end up together with her. The worst thing is, it was pretty evident from the start that Ui was endgame, and yet it still felt like a slap in the face to have the other girls built up only to be rejected or ignored outright.

Sigh.
Apr 30, 2015 5:14 PM
Sep 2014
Transfer student - Check
Airheaded heroine - Check
Shy rivarl - Check
Tsundere - Check
Accident that cause misunderstanding - Check
Oppai - CHEECK
Bathhouse - Check
Bikini - Check
Confession to obvious girl - Check
Fun - Heh, check.

Standard harem comedy with nothing new to add but man, it was fun. I guess these anime are really the best to relax. Plus, they tend to have good music in it so also plus.
Jun 15, 2015 2:46 AM
Jun 2015
I believe he should've ended up with Ibuki they had alot stronger connection then UI, The only part of story where kazume and UI had a moment was episode one when he accidently kissed her, not very believable anime that kazume loved since he first met her because only time they showed him bashful ot where he wouldn't look at her was the last episode the rest of the episodes they did there harem fanservice theme.
I'd give the anime a 2/10
Oct 31, 2015 4:09 AM

Dec 2013
Unfortunately this ending was painfully obvious from episode one and by the time we got to the tug o'war and ogami/megami festival thing I pretty much knew that they would use that stage to confess their love. There is a such thing as being too predictable, and this series found it rather quickly.

That being said... Damnit Kazu, you're an idiot! Seriously dude, you turn down Ibuki for Ui? Maybe those small penis jokes from your landlady were actually true?

It would have been much worse, I'm sure had he been the dense main character from other harem anime I've seen(here's looking at you Kampfer). So, there's that. I actually didn't hate him as a harem lead, which is unusual in and of itself for the genre. But, poor life decisions are poor life decisions and that idiot made a lot of them. I can understand why nothing happened with Hina, they had a very beautiful friendship. I can understand turning down Madoka, it wouldn't have been fair to her after she had spent so many lonely years obsessing over a memory of one day from her childhood with a stranger. Tsumugi never really built any kind of solid relationship with him, they just kind of knew each other from the inn and school and that worked out. Koyori and Kasane were too young, though I would have enjoyed seeing Koyori hook up with Ayumu(though ending up the milf king works too). But during the course of this series, the relationship that developed between Kazu and Ibuki was solid. They went from her being angry and disliking him because of the incident with Ui, to developing a connection a lot stronger than he had with any of the other characters. Whereas Ui spend the entire series obsessing over her brother and using Kazu to fill his role in her life, and it just kind of seemed like Kazu was forced into liking Ui by their friends. By the time Madoka and Ibuki got the chance to confess he'd already been thrown to the sharks, though as I said already he could have still said yes to Ibuki and had a happy ending that didn't involve outrageous shopping bills and a brother complex.

So, all in all I am giving this one 6/10.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Sep 22, 2016 3:55 AM

Apr 2012
just watched this series, very disappointed with the ending. Ui was boring imo and just ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
really would of loved him to choose Ibuki.

6/10 for me
Feb 1, 2017 1:09 PM

Feb 2017
Pooranime 4/10 poorly written would give 2 but the art and music save it from this.
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Mar 6, 2017 8:48 AM

Aug 2013
I love Doga Kobo. They are surely know what they are doing.
The art was phenomenal! Those backgrounds, CHARACTER DESIGN!
Story was simple yet really enjoyable. Some things were rushed, but generally really pleasurable series. We got real confession, kiss, and proper ending.
I really liked Ui. Damn, all main heroines were great.
7/10.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 23, 2017 12:23 AM

Oct 2014
I'm late to the comment party but I have to get this off my chest.

I just finished my 3rd rewatch of this show and I love it every time I watch it. Unlike most harems there's a winner in the end. Originally Ibuki was also my favorite butt I've grown to really like Ui. Her arc was her realizing she liked Kazuma but thinking that she liked him as an older brother to finally realizing that she was actually in love with him.

People seem to get so upset when their favorite character wasn't the one who won. I think you should be glad someone won in the end at all. Open ended shows just aren't satisfying to watch. And shows with main characters who are denser than a black hole get really frustrating. (CoughNisekoiCough) In this one we have an MC who is not dense and notices that some of the girls like him. Really though even though there were a lot of girls in this show, the way it was presented he only had 2-3 options. Madoka was the childhood friend but never made a move until way too late, then Ui and Ibuki. Where he could have gone both ways. In this adaption he went with Ui. But its not like they surprised us. From the moment he fell and kissed her you should know she would win. Even without that there were small hints thrown around the entire show that he would end up with her.

So please people don't hate the show because your girl didn't win, if you want to dislike it, do it for the pacing, story, or characters. Which in this were great except for it being a bit rushed in the last couple episodes. But I'd rather the show be a bit rushed with a closed ending rather than not with an open ending.

I give this show an 8/10. It's a really fun show.
May 11, 2017 7:16 AM

Jul 2016
I give it an 8 just like Sakura Trick. Time to cry myself to sleep because I don't have a girlfriend.
Mar 7, 2018 8:42 PM

Jan 2013
i actually enjoyed this with the low expectations i had for it even with the "first girl thats shows up wins" predictability.

that said.....Ui might be the most do-nothing, never developed main heroine that won in all my time watching harem shows. sure, someone actually won...but they could at least give us something more to care about Ui than just "that girl that eats alot in the backgorund and oh she's a brother lover in the second to last ep"
like there was really almost nothing going on with mc and her other than that one scene in the 1st episode. doesnt help that i was annoyed with her voice since
barely 7/10 here only bc i got some laughs out of it
Mar 26, 2018 10:27 PM

Aug 2014
Overall good anime but fucking terrible choice. I agree with the commentator above me. Ui was the worst character. She was like a side character put there for comedic purposes. She literally did nothing but brood for a few scenes and boom, love confession. I am salty as fuck, tbh..
Apr 16, 2018 11:31 PM

Aug 2016
I know this anime was based on VN. No wonder there are other potential girls route.
Anyway, I kinda satisfied-ish for Ui's route.
7/10
May 8, 2018 7:39 PM
Mar 2013
such a forced ending, ruined the whole show for me, worst part is how all the characters suddenly decided to support the wost ship like they're programmed to, felt very forced, Ibuki or pink hair would've been much better, or any other girl really
May 20, 2018 6:55 AM

Jul 2017
type_XE said:
half asses love story, deserve a 6
I did laugh a bit but ehh.. lame romance.
+1 here bruh, this anime is a romance that couldn't handle well any romance scene. To be honest the most "romantic" moment is when Kazuma and Ibuki hang out, IMO.
Aug 22, 2018 7:47 AM
Jun 2017
Personal rating in this series: 8/10
My rating in last 3 episodes: 9/10

I LOVE THAT CONFESSION PART- i like how they did set up that one so that Ui and Kazuma will be the one who will portray as the god there. that CONFESSION IS GREAT AND SWEET AT THE SAME TIME. I mean i love how people spread to the whole world that they love each other..

The REJECTED GIRLS- ON the last part, ibuki and madoka are talking about how they have bee rejected by same guy. Well i am a fan of both of them but well Ui is not a bad girl.

Like this series very well..
Jun 11, 2019 10:11 PM

Sep 2012
love is about who u love and folliwing ur heart what he clearly does, its not about what u want him to do cause u like the other girl, are u same way with ur real life friends? if yes u feel sry for them for screwing up their relationships cause u feel that the other guy/girl is more suited for him/her

no comnents abiut ppl disliking ui, ewry1 has their own tastes and she us hes

Jun 11, 2019 10:16 PM

Sep 2012
Happy_Sensei said:
such a forced ending, ruined the whole show for me, worst part is how all the characters suddenly decided to support the wost ship like they're programmed to, felt very forced, Ibuki or pink hair would've been much better, or any other girl really

how forced? they fell for each other from the beginning so its not forced, do u even know what forced is?

but i would like to see if ovas where others won even hina
Sep 8, 2019 9:32 PM
Mar 2013
Sugram22 said:
Happy_Sensei said:

how forced? they fell for each other from the beginning so its not forced, do u even know what forced is?

Yes, forced because it doesn't feel like natural progression of the show and events, it's been years since I watched this dissappointment but I remember almost everyone in the comments was baffled at the lame ending too in the site I watched it at

because the show was going another way until the last 3 or 2 episode where Ibuki decides to give up and friendzone herself without putting up any fight, where that Senpai pretends to be sick and gives her role to Ui, and of course when his brother picks her, all of that feels abrupt and unnatural because up until that point she was just the girl that eats a lot and sees MC as her brother, suddenly every character in the show want to ship her with MC

I can't remember everything like I said but her route had barely any built up for it, there were dozen flashbacks about some girl he met before who ended up being pushed to the side, I remember thinking what was the point of all those flashbacks and forshadowing, Ibuki route had the most development but it was all thrown away, he also had more meaningful moments with pink hair but it was obvious girls like her never win in harem anime

I actually remember someone in the comments saying her route was the most popular in the LN so they chose it for the anime, except they forgot to polish it for anime viewers although maybe genre-savvy viewers could tell from start, Good for you if you like that ship but don't act surprised many people disagree, just look at the comments above

It's not just because "girl you want didn't win" it's because of how it all went from developing every other route then ending up with the least developed one and making every character in the show support it all of a sudden, if that's not forced then yeah Idk what forced is
Chigo_SenseiSep 8, 2019 9:41 PM
Sep 8, 2019 9:54 PM

Sep 2012
Happy_Sensei said:
Sugram22 said:

Yes, forced because it doesn't feel like natural progression of the show and events, it's been years since I watched this dissappointment but I remember almost everyone in the comments was baffled at the lame ending too in the site I watched it at

because the show was going another way until the last 3 or 2 episode where Ibuki decides to give up and friendzone herself without putting up any fight, where that Senpai pretends to be sick and gives her role to Ui, and of course when his brother picks her, all of that feels abrupt and unnatural because up until that point she was just the girl that eats a lot and sees MC as her brother, suddenly every character in the show want to ship her with MC

I can't remember everything like I said but her route had barely any built up for it, there were dozen flashbacks about some girl he met before who ended up being pushed to the side, I remember thinking what was the point of all those flashbacks and forshadowing, Ibuki route had the most development but it was all thrown away, he also had more meaningful moments with pink hair but it was obvious girls like her never win in harem anime

I actually remember someone in the comments saying her route was the most popular in the LN so they chose it for the anime, except they forgot to polish it for anime viewers although maybe genre-savvy viewers could tell from start, Good for you if you like that ship but don't act surprised many people disagree, just look at the comments above

It's not just because "girl you want didn't win" it's because of how it all went from developing every other route then ending up with the least developed one and making every character in the show support it all of a sudden, if that's not forced then yeah Idk what forced is

u got to undersdand she had issues, to be honest she even felt like person with special needs slightly and i bet she slightly was eithee way it was clear she wasn't 100% normal and for her type of char it was normal bwhavior (i mean freand zoning herself) incudibg her pro complex, also they were figuring out their feelings whlie in the friend zone, if u undersdand the chars and situation u see its not forced, maybe it needs deeper dive in to this what maybe is out of ur legue
Sep 8, 2019 10:29 PM
Mar 2013
Sugram22 said:
Happy_Sensei said:

u got to undersdand she had issues, to be honest she even felt like person with special needs slightly and i bet she slightly was eithee way it was clear she wasn't 100% normal and for her type of char it was normal bwhavior (i mean freand zoning herself) incudibg her pro complex, also they were figuring out their feelings whlie in the friend zone, if u undersdand the chars and situation u see its not forced, maybe it needs deeper dive in to this what maybe is out of ur legue

Or maybe it's bad writing and presentation of the character? Simply having issues doesn't make her or her relationship with MC any more interesting when that's all there is about her char
May 26, 2020 5:54 PM

Aug 2014
I gotta say, for a comedy anime with ecchi scenes, this is one of the few that I actually enjoyed from first episode till the end. I loved when all the characters were interacting with each other, specially when they were all together doing slice of life stuff.  I also enjoyed the country scenery.

It was also nice that he picked a girl in the end (even though I was not rooting for that girl to win out of the 3 possible options).  I also liked how the male MC wasnt bland or annoying.

My only complaint is that I wish the romance would have started a bit quicker. It didnt really start till like episode 10. 

But overall, very entertaining anime, specially for an ecchi-ish comedy anime.
oooo3333Mar 1, 2023 1:22 AM
Sep 3, 2020 4:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yeah confession + kiss scene with Ui... guess it's a predictable but satisfying end xD
Nov 4, 2020 12:26 AM
Apr 2020
This last ep feels so rushed..

While I'm watching the last ep, I was wondering why Ui and Kazuma are shy looking at each other since they RARELY got some time screenings together. They even not have their moments in the whole series (well there's this one ep where they are together alond but a little time only)..

Oh well, atleast I got the ending that I wanted. 8/10 for this.
Jan 31, 2021 12:20 PM

Aug 2018
Will add new blood, huh.. Damn, this anime went into this topic, huh.. ;D Well, I mean.. In villages incest is happening, yeah.. By more or less generations, still happens.. With not that much people in there..
Well, I guess, Ui's route - is innocent girl route, I'd say.. I myself like some other girls more.. Almost every other girl, actually.. Just derederes aren't my type usually, actually.. But it's alright.. It's visual novel.. They had to make one ending, they chose one, not a big deal for me personally.. If I'll want - I'll go check visual novel, and get to see routes with girls I actually am interested in more..
Tsumugi and Madoka are shippers in the end as well, hm.. ;P
And even so far as to write "I love you, Ui".. Well.. Glad to see that Madoka was alright with this, not suffering or something..
And Fubuki supporting Ui in the end in this way as well.. Well, this pair is just wholly blessed by their friends.. ;D
Mommies are after Ayumu, lol.. ;D
In the end.. I actually feel that anime presented girls quite well, I like quite some of them, and would be interested to see, how they are in their routes, how they are in relationships, or just see more of them.. So in the end, I liked this anime.. It really even a bit makes me want to check visual novel.. I've not played them for quite a while, though, so will see, if I'll actually do that or not - will see.. Either way, it was a relaxing anime with plenty of enjoyable girls.. ;P
Feb 21, 2021 6:17 PM

Dec 2012
Yikes, those poll results are like a bridge between loving & hating this show. I'm fine with Hoshino x Ui, but also wish there had been a bit more closure to Madoka & Ibuki's unrequited love. I would have been fine cutting out the love square entirely as it felt very inconsequential when all was said & done.

Overall, I'd say my response to this was rather tepid. Confessing their love through the ritual was a neat idea, but the buildup & execution was rather mild. Actually, this whole thing was fairly tame for what I normally expect from VN based harems. There was a lack of any major drama, which wasn't necessarily a bad thing. I welcomed the uneventful, easygoing nature of Hoshizora as it introduced the everyday life & customs of Yamabiko. The witty antics also kept it entertaining, particularly with Ayumu (especially with Ayumu!).

I can't say I have any major complaints, but nothing really stood out to me or made this feel like an essential part of my anime watching experience. I probably wouldn't have missed out if I skipped this, but I'm still glad I went along for the ride.

6.5/10

Actually, I take it back. Ayumu was entirely worth picking this up for. He is unironically best girl.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Visual Novel

Juto1 - May 25, 2023

1 by kou_starz »»
May 26, 2023 3:44 AM

» Worth to watch?

LukaNV - Apr 3, 2023

17 by Imnotevenweeb »»
Apr 4, 2023 9:19 PM

Poll: » Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

uis - Apr 10, 2011

134 by anajit99 »»
Apr 4, 2023 6:47 AM

Poll: » Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Oosran - Apr 25, 2011

68 by Aworkstar »»
Oct 17, 2022 7:07 PM

» Ui feels as a bad end

Leafa_SAO1 - Aug 17, 2021

4 by Leafa_SAO1 »»
Aug 18, 2021 4:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.