Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 1, 2011 6:42 AM

May 2010
That is the most lamest ending I have ever seen !!
Jul 1, 2011 9:05 AM
Apr 2011
maybe if the creatores will see all the objections about the last episode and kazuma's choice they'll could do an alternate ending?? that would be great!
Jul 1, 2011 9:14 AM

Apr 2010
I personally enjoyed this show o_O

It's was plain and simple, and I didn't mind Ui one bit. I loved how shy she acted and such in this finale.

After watching a lot of eroge adaptions that made me cringe, this was a refreshing watch. The resolution was clear and there weren't really any loose ends (as if there were any ends to be tied?)

Only complaints would be some of its slow pacing and somewhat rushed development for Ui. Tsumugi is bawss

8/10
Jul 1, 2011 2:45 PM

May 2009
LMAO best part of the show was covered by the credits xD
Jul 2, 2011 1:23 AM

Jan 2009
A crappy MC who the producers seemed to want to show us how much of a bro-con he is on an almost regular basis. A crappy end girl whose personality can be akin to that of a crayon and had almost nil in character growth with the MC. Overall another crappy adaption that will never be seen by me again. You'd think the producers would get a clue by now, but I'm sure the horrid ranking this show has gotten will be overlooked as a minor quirk..

Funniest thing I've seen some people say, "Hey, at least the MC picked someone." How is that a good thing with how it all went down is my response to that...
Jul 2, 2011 12:09 PM

Sep 2010
The moment when Ibuki and Madoka said "We were rejected" was a huge facepalm moment. When they laughed about it I thought they are not sane or something.
Whatever, we even didn't get to see a properly kiss scene, just from a few metres distance and the moment they kissed the screen got cut and the episode was suddenly finished and I saw that sponsor screen with Ui gazing at the stars. That was really stupid done.
Though this show was not really outstanidng, I do have enjoyed it quite a bit, so I think that a 7.5/10 is what I would like to rate this show. But due to MAL system only working with whole numbers I'll make it an 7.
Jul 3, 2011 10:13 PM

Oct 2010
Oh, this kind of terrible harem anime are a guilty pleasure of mine T_T
Rather disappointed with the pairing, but this anime usually go as first come first serve, and Ui was the first girl to appear =
For a second there I was rooting for Hina to go all the way there and end up been as the revelation contestant, but they pulled the Tokyo card and the ship the gone.
Ui was rather nonexistent in the show only showing up to show the concern-drama-face and hungry-chibi animation. Mean while Ibuki and Madoka actually made an attempt but it goes unnoticed.
Still landlord lady is number one in the heart so been so awesome, after her everyone else.

7/10 - So cliche, yet so good. The comedy was there and was good on times.

I'm surprise they didn't end up violently gang raping the little brother at the end of this show.

My line-up isss...
Senka > Hina > Ibuki > Madoka > Rest of the cast (including males) > Ui
huh?
Jul 5, 2011 6:34 PM

Dec 2009
The ending seemed a bit rushed to me, and didn't make it very enjoyable, but I overall, I thought the series was okay, had some parts that really entertained me. :)
Jul 6, 2011 8:53 AM

Jan 2008
for those who said its not a good ending ... it IS a ending at least :P
not a open end like lots of others ... so im totally fine with it ;)

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Jul 6, 2011 12:42 PM

Aug 2009
HAAA shit ending
eps 11 was the best ending for me. IBUKIII
Jul 7, 2011 7:43 PM
Aug 2010
The protagonist in the VN adaptacions is always the one that I dislike the most, hell Ui was so fucking plain, I didn't like her at all.
Jul 8, 2011 12:52 AM

Sep 2010
Add a horrible ending with a retarded character with almost no development to a show that is as generic as it gets.

4/10
Jul 8, 2011 6:55 AM
Aug 2009
Really kawaii ending, 8/10
Jul 8, 2011 8:18 PM

Jan 2008
fantastic show masterpiece
Jul 8, 2011 8:59 PM
May 2011
MannyCalavera said:

calling this show good is one thing but a masterpeice is just.....just...
Jul 9, 2011 12:26 AM

Sep 2010
Ah, pure shit.

No Tsumugi episode, Ui is just plain stupid retard, so so so standard big-eyed/thin body art, bland characters who can't connect with audiences(with the exception of Mugi-nee), so unoriginal plot, everything sucks.
Jul 9, 2011 9:06 AM

Dec 2007
BakaScarlet said:
In my head, this is what actually happened...

Lol. I'll just pretend this happened as well.
Jul 9, 2011 9:38 AM

Sep 2010
Day2Dream said:
BakaScarlet said:
In my head, this is what actually happened...

Lol. I'll just pretend this happened as well.

I assume that the part you replaced means Ibuki.

And maybe I should pretend the same...
Jul 16, 2011 1:48 AM
Feb 2010
MannyCalavera said:

lol something wrong with your brain
Jul 29, 2011 12:39 AM

Sep 2009
morphex said:
MannyCalavera said:

lol something wrong with your brain
Well said...
Jul 29, 2011 2:50 AM
Sep 2007
This anime.........went downhill after Kazuma rejected Madoka -_- although, the first episode was a warning already,when Kazuma accidentally kissed Ui but they could have done it like akane-iro where the first kiss went to Yuuhi but she wasn't chosen in the end(damn!). Why choose Ui(a glutton) when you can choose Madoka:childhood friend, a beauty, loves honey XD etc. Gonna play the visual novel to get rid of my pissed self~
Aug 5, 2011 4:01 AM

Apr 2009
Convenient conspiracy. Title drop. Ending kiss. Nothing unexpected happened at all. This would be a lot more memorable if he unexpectedly ended with a girl other than the main girl, but I guess they wanted to play the generic formula straight. It was OK, but nothing too memorable. I expected this to happen at the beginning, and I wasn't terribly disappointed.

At least the ending was decisive, girls were rejected and a girl was chosen (though not necessarily the ones people wanted). That fact alone sets this above other generic, forgettable harem romcoms where due to the main guy's unforgivable indecisiveness, no girl is chosen after 12-24 episodes of fooling around and the romantic conflict remains unresolved.

tl;dr
pro - decisive ending
con - predictable end

Nikko_ni_ni said:
like akane-iro where the first kiss went to Yuuhi but she wasn't chosen in the end(damn!)

Thank you for spoiling Akane-iro for me. I had been planning to see it after this.
Aug 6, 2011 11:17 AM

Apr 2011
coldlight said:
At least the ending was decisive, girls were rejected and a girl was chosen (though not necessarily the ones people wanted). That fact alone sets this above other generic, forgettable harem romcoms where due to the main guy's unforgivable indecisiveness, no girl is chosen after 12-24 episodes of fooling around and the romantic conflict remains unresolved.

Yeah, but a lot of the harem romcoms with an open ending are funnier than this.
Aug 7, 2011 8:21 PM

Aug 2008
Ahaha Tsumugi playing the role of matchmaker here. :3
Aug 9, 2011 4:32 PM
Dec 2009
I don't understand how people can take these animes so seriously to bash the ending this way. Of coarse the ending was predictable but who cares....

8.5/10 for me
Aug 13, 2011 4:31 AM
Sep 2007
coldlight said:
Thank you for spoiling Akane-iro for me. I had been planning to see it after this.
Ah crap sorry!! Haha I forgot that those who've watched hoshizora would've been watching akaneiro too ^_^
Aug 21, 2011 6:50 PM

Jun 2008
Nikko_ni_ni said:
coldlight said:
Ah crap sorry!! Haha I forgot that those who've watched hoshizora would've been watching akaneiro too ^_^
Don't worry, I dropped Akane-iro before it finished. :) Suprised I actually finished this. Ha.

Well anyways, I feel bad for Ibuki, and wish they would have chosen her, but meh. I never get what I want in these shows... Ui is ok, but just think of her food bill when they go out to eat O.o
Signature Here.
Sep 13, 2011 9:04 AM

Oct 2010
i hate ui i hated the ending end of story
Sep 21, 2011 8:28 AM

Apr 2009
lol Ui was the chosen girl right from the first episode after that accidental kiss.
Nov 1, 2011 7:14 PM

Jul 2011
I like Madoka/Ibuki more too... Though Ui is cute, too.
Jan 7, 2012 9:09 PM
Nov 2011
I don't feel Madoka was rejected. She didn't make a move early, and then when she had the chance, she realizes it's already too late. So I'm not as sad for Madoka, because I also think she realizes it's just an infatuation and not really love. If it was real love she would have taken a more active than passive role in pursuing him I think.

Sekai I thought was a great character, and could have went that way too, but just didn't.

Ibuki, man I hurt for her, but her Tsundere lying ways didn't go away in the end and she had to move on.

I didn't think I'd be okay with an Ui ending. She was who I picked before watching the show, that never happens, but she was growing tiresome of me till the very end where she finally closed the door on her brother chapter and realized her feelings were much more.

The real disservice in this picture, was that awful kiss! My Lord. What a terrible way to end it.

Overall I think it was an enjoyable story, not one I'd rewatch most likely, but a good one, but looking at the other harem/romance/dramas I've rated, I'm having a hard time rating it above a 5. I ended up choosing 6, but i don't feel it's a better show than Shuffle, which got I think 2 Seasons, and the heroine chosen at the end, even though it catches you by surprise she at least has a better developed character there.
VeretaxJan 7, 2012 9:17 PM
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Jan 17, 2012 9:49 AM
Dec 2011
Man I hate that pussy little bro
Jan 17, 2012 9:32 PM

May 2008
this ending killed the whole anime for me. I can honestly say that i hate Ui with a passion. She is just some dumb-ass, air-headed retard with a brother complex who was to stupid to realize her own feelings even after everyone spelled it out for her >_>. Her character is too unlikable and she had little to no development other then eating more food. My perfect ending would've been with Hina but that would prolly never happen anyway so Madoka or Ibuki would indeed have been the better choices. Preferably Ibuki cause im just a sucker for tsunderes :3.

All in all, i give this show a 5.5/10 cause Ui's presence ruined it for me. I would've given it a 7/10 even if Kazuma didn't end up with any of the girls just as long as Ui wasn't in anime.

Stupid, clumsy, retarded, air-headed girls like Ui ruin perfectly good anime's all the time. They should remove that whole character-type from the industry.

Jan 17, 2012 9:49 PM

Jan 2010
It was an okay Series. Like alot of people said the ending was predictable but I like the thing with the festival I thought it was nice touch.
Jan 25, 2012 1:55 AM
Dec 2011
Damn..What a let down..The girl who deserved him the least got him...I'm truly disappointed. I would've gave this a 10 if ibuki got him. But, Ui? REALLY? Yeah..we get it they kissed..BUT WHY?

Sigh. 4/10
Jan 26, 2012 4:36 AM

Jan 2012
Amazing enough, Just got disappointed after he rejected Madoka, But it was a beautiful ending, What was really good about this anime was the astonishing scenery, that's probably the best thing about it.
Jan 31, 2012 7:56 AM

Dec 2011
Die Ui!
Just Die!
I ll sent Ui to School Days!

I feel so sad for Ibuki.

Anyways this ending was what I was expecting.
Sad ending..
Feb 6, 2012 1:12 PM

Apr 2008
Ui, I hate. All hate Ui
Childhood friends never gets chosen by the protaganists

BakaScarlet said:
I agree with everything OP said about ... well, everything. I was okay with Madoka being rejected but Ibuki was my favorite of the group. I heavily dislike the way the anime attempted to feature each heroine in one episode and then failed to build up off that. I mean, do you honestly spend so much effort on one girl (Hinata) and then have absolutely nothing build off from that? Hinata as a heroine never displayed any sort of devotion towards Kazuma - it was pretty much like she was never a heroine to begin with.

Rant part 2:
As the OP mentioned, the eventual heroine doesn't deserve to be chosen considering her lack of enthusiasm and ample hesitation. The only reason I had given this series an 8 leading up to episode 9 was because it 1) started off quite well with the humorous jokes and interesting references, 2) had nice art and so was eye catching 3) had no definite heroine yet.

I must say I agree to just about everything you said right there.
No definite "winner" of love from the start, giving you the hope for your own favorite char to get her chance.

AzureRevolver said:
Tomoya and Nagisa, Ryuji and Taiga, Misaki and Usui and many more had a developed relationship which led us to accept the pairing when it finally happened. The pairing with Ui had no significant development ... if anything Madoka had the most build up with Kazuma slowly remembering bits and pieces of his memory with her in the past and how Madoka was always thinking about him whereas Ui was thinking about food the entire series (and her brother). I could go on ... along with Madoka we saw development with Hinata and Ibuki however they apparently don't hold a candle to Ui T_T

I had high hopes for this series only for it to end horribly.

The reason why I personally gave this show a 7, would be because of the early part of the series, where it was still interesting.
Also, Art and Sound were quite good,which rose my vote.

Again, still hate Ui. Maybe would have been (massively) less irritating char if they used a way different actor to play her.
Mar 9, 2012 6:25 AM
Feb 2012
Meh, not the best anime I've seen to date.
It was indicated that the protagonist would end up with Ui- as they kissed in the first episode- but with all those flashbacks he had about Madoka I thought that there *might* be a chance for them as a couple. But then episode 10 (?) happened and Madoka's chances were shattered into little pieces. In the following episode the next girl 'had to bite the dust' and at that point it was crystal clear who it would be in the end- the cute but comparatively bland Ui. 7/10
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 29, 2012 8:47 AM

Aug 2011
Ui got to be the worst main of any show ever...terrible show
was so hopping for either of the other two girls.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2012 1:01 PM
Aug 2010
Ui sweet moeblob, but it was so suddenly. I'd thought anime go to shota route, cause main_boy don't gave any sympathy to any girl)) But anyway. Pretty enjoyable. Overall 8/10
Apr 5, 2012 7:24 PM
Dec 2011
This is a rather forgettable series, but the backgrounds and scenery is some of the best I've seen in anime!
Apr 9, 2012 3:08 AM

Aug 2010
Minority (as usual) reporting in. My only complaint about the episode is the freaking fade to white. Other than this my favorite girl won, so I'm happy 4/5.

I enjoyed this show more than I should have, liked every character, with the sole exception of Madoka, but even she was okay once she came over her fear of men. The jokes were funny and while the romance wasn't really good, it was satisfactory for me. Oh, and the coloring! Beautiful, vibrant, full of life and energy, it was wonderful. 7/10.
Mogami-kunApr 9, 2012 3:18 AM
Apr 11, 2012 9:22 AM

Mar 2009
i'm glad that there's an end in this harem...

and glad that i finished watching this anime despite this kind of "meh" ending~
Apr 27, 2012 2:02 PM

Feb 2011
13man18 said:
Ayumu is the king. Look at that playa. Getting the MILF's of the party. Everything was expected. Of course he was going to get Ui, but the way he got her was unexpected.

You just need to feed her..
May 30, 2012 3:59 PM

Sep 2011
That had to be one of the most corniest last episodes I've ever seen. LOL

Overall, I still enjoyed it so I'll give it a 6/10. If Ibuki won... words cannot explain what score I would have gave this anime. Really wanted her to win. :(
Jul 26, 2012 7:49 PM

May 2012
aw.. dont like it.. im rooting for madoka(tho ibuki is my 2nd choice) and got rejected.. sorry but 4/10..
Dark_MessiahJul 26, 2012 7:55 PM

Jul 30, 2012 11:40 AM
Jul 2012
NOPE!!!NOPE!!!NOPE!!! I WANTED HIM TO BE WITH SAKAI!!!!!!!
Aug 12, 2012 2:55 PM

Jun 2012
I didnt really expect much from here so i cant say im disappointed, show had a lot of promise after i did start it though, the jokes were hilarious and it had me laughing a few times. Like most of the people here i didnt like the final pairing but oh well. Childhood friend or grey haired tsundere would have been better. The romance between Ui and Kazuma seemed to pop out nowhere in the final episode so it felt really incomplete and forced. Kind of weird at the end how Madoka and Ibuki were just fine with being rejected by their love but i guess its nice they got over it. Bang bang end it with a kiss. Not a bad series, the romance was very weak. 8/10.

Hopefully the OVA is good...
Aug 14, 2012 7:44 PM
Aug 2012
IIGHT, so I just finished this bullshit, and WTF? just happened in the last two episodes I dont know. This is one of anime histories shittiest pairings albeit it was obvious it was going to end this way, but how it got to that point was soooo fucking stupid.

I personally liked all three of the main chicks, probs ui the least but I didnt really mind, it was kinda obvious Ui was gonna end up with Kazuma, but I watched till episode 8, and im like alright... so shit didnt even happen yet between them, and the shy girl has flashbacks and all this stuff so she might end up with him, and it definitely should have ended with madoka simply for the reason that she had the most growth and time to develop her feelings throughout the story, seriously what the fk did Ui do other than eat, and mabye there was like one dramatic scene between her and Kazuma.... wtf like its totally fine for Ui to be with the main guy but atleast try to develop the mood and feeling for the watcher, this reminded me of masiro symphony which did nearly the exact same thing fk this bullshit!

6/10 because of the first 9 episodes being good
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Visual Novel

Juto1 - May 25, 2023

1 by kou_starz »»
May 26, 2023 3:44 AM

» Worth to watch?

LukaNV - Apr 3, 2023

17 by Imnotevenweeb »»
Apr 4, 2023 9:19 PM

Poll: » Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

uis - Apr 10, 2011

134 by anajit99 »»
Apr 4, 2023 6:47 AM

Poll: » Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Oosran - Apr 25, 2011

68 by Aworkstar »»
Oct 17, 2022 7:07 PM

» Ui feels as a bad end

Leafa_SAO1 - Aug 17, 2021

4 by Leafa_SAO1 »»
Aug 18, 2021 4:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.