Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 25, 2011 3:17 PM

Jan 2011
There is NO way that is the ending!!! COME ON!!!

Lol, I read the manga and everything. But I was REALLY hoping for them to end the anime in a good place.

Second season???? Maybe???
Jun 25, 2011 10:08 PM

Oct 2010
i need 2nd season!!! ;A;
Jun 25, 2011 11:12 PM

Dec 2009
A second season is a must. :O
Jun 26, 2011 12:14 AM

Dec 2010
im so sad how it ended ugh it always is interrupted with a damn phone call there better be a 2nd season
- Marissa Chan!
Jun 26, 2011 2:00 AM

Jun 2011
the kiss on the cheek was so cute ♥
I wish they'd make more episodes. now it's end, I'm gonna miss this show.
I'll be waiting for 2nd season ^^
Jun 26, 2011 2:16 AM

Feb 2010
.. 2nd season... please?? The ending was semi-lackluster. It was executed well, but there was a lack of progression in the relationship for the most part.

Therefore; I want season 2.

8/10.
Jun 26, 2011 6:41 AM

Apr 2010
Cell got a lot of enemies after this episode xDD...

Kiss on the cheek was really sly move Takano-san...I am surprised that Ritsu remained relatively calm after that xD...

SECOND SEASON please! ♥
Jun 26, 2011 6:42 AM

Dec 2009
I was expecting a better development, but i guess i'm satisfied with the ending. <3
Jun 26, 2011 9:29 AM

Apr 2010
What the hell? So basically nothing developed, the 'love scenes' were the same as always and he still denies it's love in the last episode of the series? Endings are supposed to bring closure. It's when the couple's supposed to get together. Not keep on the same place they left of. Truly, truly disappointing ending.
Jun 26, 2011 3:59 PM

Feb 2009
2nd season? Like I don't really care. ^.^
Jun 26, 2011 4:12 PM

Sep 2008
If they bring out a second season or the ova has a better ending then I'll raise my rating. For now it's 7/10. Cute but forgettable..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2011 5:04 PM

Nov 2008
The ending definitely left it open for a direct 2nd season continuation like Junjou so I'm really really hoping, especially since they just revealed all this information about their past.

I'm going to miss Takano raping Onodera every time it was one of their episodes. Seriously, I think he rapes him every one of the episodes!!...

the bookstore side couple was adorable nd the other was like whatever and the ending was meh, but overall I enjoyed the show...8/10
Jun 27, 2011 10:38 AM

Aug 2009
This was very cute but lacked a lot of scenes.

Looking forward to 12.5 =)
Jun 27, 2011 7:44 PM
Jul 2018
Hachik0 said:
What the hell? So basically nothing developed, the 'love scenes' were the same as always and he still denies it's love in the last episode of the series? Endings are supposed to bring closure. It's when the couple's supposed to get together. Not keep on the same place they left of. Truly, truly disappointing ending.

Pretty much this. I was expecting a good BL anime with character development and etc and I got nothing. The last episode was meh and nothing happened. I hope we get a second season with an actual plot this time.
Also, the caracters in this show weren't that good. Junjou had more likeable characters than this one and the second couple (Hatori x Yoshino) were terrible. Yoshino is one of the most awful uke/neko I've ever seen. He was as dense as any stupid harem main character. The last couple Yuina x Kisa were my favorite because their story was actually interesting and not lolmisunderstandings everywhere.

It's really disappointing to watch a BL anime and see nothing but a male version of a bad shoujo. I didn't read the manga so I'm only talking about the adaptation.
8/10 because of the last couple and some Takano x Onodera moments.
Jun 27, 2011 8:46 PM
Apr 2008
I am hoping for a second season because there are still many things left unsaid. However, this episode was pretty darn enjoyable for me. :) I adore these 2. xD
Jun 27, 2011 9:44 PM
Jun 2011
Well it seems to me as if there are more than 12 episodes for Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi according to Crunchyroll. Here's the link so check it out!

Episode 13 is coming up 3 days from now.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/sekai-ichi-hatsukoi-worlds-greatest-first-love

So it seems as if episode 12 wasn't the ending episode everyone thought it was!
Jun 28, 2011 8:57 PM

Oct 2008
o_o
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 28, 2011 9:08 PM

May 2009
Eh?! o_o
Jun 29, 2011 8:45 AM

Apr 2010
Raina831 said:
This ending was really disappointing to me. e_e Onodera is still being the 'stubborn uke'. >_>
I really liked Yukina x Kisa though. I wish there had been more episodes for them.

i really agree with you!! T_T more yukinaxkisa!!
Jun 29, 2011 9:03 PM

Oct 2010
Finally! We get some progress in this couple!.... only to end horribly. -.-
I'm hoping there will be a 2nd season with more develpoment with this couple. :3
<3
Jul 1, 2011 9:40 AM

Jul 2008
WTF! ending i dont like it...i want a second season.ftw!
Aug 18, 2011 4:49 PM

Mar 2011
stAtic91 said:

Izaya just go and destroy the cellphone right NOW! Like NOW!!!! sKHIOYH(*&%^$%^R%T&Y*U*(U(0-o8y67tuhbuj!!
Well, never knew that just a kiss on the cheek could be so beautiful♥....Damn Takano♥! I want someone like him! Such a smexy GAR!
Oh god Onodera =_=, still saying 'this is not love'?? Why does he want to deny loving such a handsome man?

LOLZ. IZAYA NEEDS TO GO BEAST ON THAT THING, DAMMIT. Was screaming my head off, how dare they cut it ! >< The kiss on the cheek was too cute though :3
-Ritsu needs to man up. Like now.
-Few unanswered questions though..with Takano's past and what all these misunderstandings were about with Onodera...ALSO, what happened to that kiss Yuu and Hatori shared? Was wondering about their relationship too...
-Felt more attached to these characters rather than Junjou ones. Is it b.c it's my second? Dunno. Very much enjoyed it!

-SEASON 2 PLZ. THANK YAH ;) (8/10) ...was hoping for more charac. development.. ;o
Sep 15, 2011 10:14 AM

Nov 2007
Ah! mutou~sensei! you had the worst timing to call! Just when Ritsu gave up and started to hold my Masamune!!!!!!!!!!!! Argh!

~ I agree with the comments! You can't even call it an ending.. Second Season~ Hayaku!!
Oct 11, 2011 8:53 PM

Dec 2010
Hachik0 said:

totally agree, terrible ending to a great show. thank god for season 2, but god, Ritsu is the worst main character in the history of the universe, if it wasn't for the other 2 couples this show would be a 5/10 for me....
Jan 23, 2012 11:51 PM

Jan 2008
I swear this is just mean thank god i watched it after second season was done with bc if i didnt i would be getting like i did with Junjou Romantica well I hope they start the second season off with this couple so we can see where it goes from there.

But I did love this ep i wouldnt say it is my favorite though only bc of the Cliffhanger however i will have to say and agree with what a few have said

"WHY THE DAMN CELLPHONE AT THAT TIME"
Jun 12, 2012 4:04 PM

Mar 2009
Lol they were interrupted.
Jan 23, 2013 4:21 PM
Mar 2012
xSimplicity said:
I didn't like the ending .__. It was.. meh.
There HAS to be a season 2 where Onodera and Takano get together.
this
Also Onoedera can be so cute sometimes really! I really don't like Tokozawa he needs to learn how to be KIND like Onoedera,! Maybe then he'll actually get someone who likeshim!
Mar 22, 2013 12:43 AM

Jan 2013
7.5 out of 10.
So much kissing every single episode.
Pure romance/comedy/drama.
Really this had more romantic moments then anything like Toradora, Kimi ni Todoke, Clannad, or Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.
Jul 21, 2013 11:59 PM
Aug 2011
Everytime I watch BL I am left wondering if there are any good adaptations out there.
The answer: No, there isn't any.

This series is overrated and disappointing.

I dislike the stereotypical way this mangaka designs her male characters (and the way they act- for example, all the bottoms act like lovesick teenage girls).
standJul 22, 2013 12:02 AM
Feb 4, 2014 8:40 AM

Jul 2012
6/10

Entertainment score tho...Let's keep that a himitsu LOOL ;) I liked this show far more than I expected to. Really nice art (minus character designs ugh) and fabulous music. I adored the atmosphere... It was really cute most of the time. I'm a bit ashamed to say that the lovey dovey scenes were very fun to watch.

And then the cons...Uh, well, I was okay with the plot at first, but then it became a loop that kept on repeating the same drama over and over. The three couples were not that original either. Basically, girly tsundere boy + hotter taller dominant boy was the trend going on (Yukina was a bit of an exception tho)

Girly boy: I-It's not like I love him or anything!! //blushes//
Dominant boy: Well, I'll make you say you love me... //forcefully kisses him//

This was the trend basically. :X Also, the love triangle trope was used TOO MUCH as well as the misunderstandings -,- Duuude. Unnecessary drama! Also, too cliche haha. They pulled the "lover walks in onto misunderstanding" card way too many times...

Well, onto season 2. LOL I need to know how it ends!
Aug 1, 2014 7:30 PM

Apr 2014
"KOI JA NAIIIII"

I was expecting them to get to
at the very least. But nope, basically nothing was solved in Ritsu/Takano's relationship. I guess it's expected, since they had to fit in the other two pairings in the season. It's not like I had high hopes for the adaptation in the first place, but sigh this really did not match up to the manga at all. Unfortunate, but I'll still watch the second season and the OVA because I want to see more of Ritsu. That's really the only reason LMAO.
Aug 6, 2014 8:42 AM

Oct 2009
Can't believe the majority of the ep took place at Takano's and Onodera's flat lol

Yeah their relationship still remains unsolved. But since Onodera has firmly decided to stay in the shojo manga department, he's no longer a 'jaded adult' anymore.

Overall score: 5/10. I am totally not interested in the 2nd season. It's full of yaoi cliches and most of the characters are unlikeable. But at the very least, it's more entertaining than Junjou Romantica and the couples here make more sense here than JR. Onodera definitely is a better protagonist than Misaki. I really think Kamijou would make a better JR protagonist than Misaki. I still think Kamijou/Akihiko should've happened instead even after many years since I last watched it.
Aug 10, 2014 9:36 PM
Apr 2014
this being my first yaoi, i don't really know what else to compare it to so i'll give it a 7/10 because i liked what i saw for most of the time.

not a fan of the 4 perspectives they're playing at though; i feel they should just focus on takano and onodera to develop it more. and also, wtf is happening with kisa and yukina. they had 2 episodes. literally 2.

thank god for a 2nd season for lose-end-tying. >.>
Sep 28, 2014 2:24 AM

Dec 2012
That kiss on the cheek is the most meaningful display of affection that Takano has shown all season. Ritsu was certainly all giddy about it.

I'm actually surprised by how much I enjoyed this. I'm tempted to start the sequel asap. This was my first BL series and it certainly has me more open to watching shounen-ai more regularly. I'm glad that this has kick started the momentum to break out of the homophobic brainwashing I took on for most of my life. At some point I stopped thinking "am I really watching this?" and started seeing it as if I was watching any other romance.

I really want to see more of Kisa and Yukina so season 2 here I come. 8/10
Dec 28, 2014 6:29 AM

Apr 2014
"i'm trying to become a proper manga editor on the foundation of properly cooking three meals for myself and keeping my house clean"
"oh yeah i remember having those useless thoughts" i had to stop watching because i was laughing so hard at this
everything in this show is moving fast except for Takano and Ritsu's relationship although the soft kiss on the cheek at the end was the best part of it all
Nov 1, 2015 9:33 AM

May 2015
Yeah right, you hate him. I've ween enough anime to know that when cherry blossoms bloom out of nowhere it means passion's in the air.
Also, Takano used yobisute. Ooooooh. I'm really curious about this fiancé/fiancée (I would assume the latter) and stuff. You know, I really wish I was good at forgetting stuff like Onodera. Being able to forget bad things just by wishing it; I'd kill for that skill.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Jan 5, 2016 3:42 PM

Dec 2015
Whatever. Ritsu's an idiot, Takano is too forceful.

At least the kitty was cute, I guess.

After Junjou Romantica, watching this is like the same emotions on repeat...

*Embarrassment from almost saying something relevant
*Denial of all feelings from the younger guy
*Forceful sexual aggression from the dominant guy
*Frustration on so many levels

<---This guy needs a break from shounen-ai!
Jul 24, 2016 2:20 AM
May 2016
I have finished this anime for the second time!
Jan 21, 2017 7:55 AM

May 2013
lol.... please tell him you love him next season, Ritsu, or else I can't give this series higher than a 7/10 /siiigggghhhhh.
Jul 7, 2017 12:27 AM

Oct 2015
This is my first yaoi with intended romance, and it was quite an experience i can tell ya. The story was good and the animation was very good. I will consider season 2 because Ritsu has not said he loves Takano, but i think he does. The funny thing about this anime is that every one of those guys work for shoujo manga, does that mean guys who work in the production of shoujo manga or anime are gay.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 31, 2017 8:59 AM

Jun 2016
That kiss on the fucking cheeks is definitely the sweetest kiss between Ritsu and Masamune. My heart. Ugh. What a good way to end this anime. I'm so in love with it. Will definitely watch its 2nd season. Kyaaaa! I need more BL in my life.

9/10 for this shounen-ai anime. Thank you for coming to my life! Haha. Just bought its ED on iTunes. <3

P.S. I love how almost everyone in the shojo manga section are gay. So fucking cute.
P.P.S. I'm gonna miss this anime so fucking much.
P.P.P.S. This boy...

...will always be my cinnamon roll in this show. Help. I love you, Yuu! ;-;

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 9, 2017 8:18 AM

Mar 2014
gaaaah that kiss on the cheek.... I AM WEAK this was so sweet!!! good stuff... I really disliked the dubcon bits but it wasn't as bad as JJR. Plus Ritsu always slapped him or something so it wasn't like it was portrayed as something totally okay. In any case. The characters were likeable and the couples were really cute <3 The other main flaw imo is the usual formula of dumb misunderstandings and miscommunication.. don't get me wrong I love all displays of jealousy but there's a limit to how oblivious or possessive can one be. I acknowledge these two drawbacks but honestly entertainment-wise? I found it really enjoyable, in the not-checking-at-the-minutes-left-at-all way. 7/10 because I usually rate based on my enjoyment! <3
Jun 14, 2021 6:01 PM
Aug 2020
seems like Onodera is giving up on his 'hate' for Takano san :0

bet season 2 will be filled with so much drama, can't wait
Mar 22, 2023 4:14 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
This anime is for gay people.. But the setting plot is nice

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sekaiichi Hatsukoi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Roloko - Apr 29, 2011

54 by Zerozon »»
Apr 28, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Sekaiichi Hatsukoi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

infinitejester - Apr 8, 2011

107 by Zerozon »»
Apr 27, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Sekaiichi Hatsukoi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xochandaox - May 6, 2011

72 by bonkersbrad »»
Feb 27, 2023 9:44 AM

Poll: » Sekaiichi Hatsukoi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Roloko - Jun 17, 2011

62 by Stargazingx »»
Mar 9, 2022 4:59 PM

Poll: » Sekaiichi Hatsukoi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tenetard - May 27, 2011

67 by Stargazingx »»
Mar 9, 2022 2:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.