New
Jun 24, 2011 11:23 AM

Apr 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVZz1NnqOh8

Looks good if you ask me.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jun 24, 2011 12:31 PM

Jan 2009
It's glorious. "All of my money" is what I feel exactly.
Jun 24, 2011 3:25 PM

Sep 2009
Funny previews. Hope they release not less than 3 OVA's
Jun 24, 2011 4:01 PM

Dec 2007
Jun 24, 2011 5:08 PM
Nov 2008
CLAMP did it first.
Jun 24, 2011 6:47 PM

Apr 2011
The PV is hilarious. It's going to be fun to watch this. Definitely gonna wait for this
Jun 24, 2011 8:54 PM
Jun 25, 2011 1:55 AM

Sep 2009
Kikimaru said:
3rd PV released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I92ZqlFhMd0

derp
Eat Dinner or you're a Sinner.
Jun 25, 2011 7:31 AM

Feb 2009
My body was not ready.
Jun 25, 2011 7:58 AM
Jun 2010
JUST TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY.
Jun 27, 2011 8:37 PM

Feb 2010
I actually wasn't going to watch this because the character design looks...different from what I expected and am used to. Especially the eyes.

But the PVs are pretty amusing, so I might give this one a try x)
Jun 28, 2011 9:13 AM

Feb 2010
Oh and one more thing...should I watch the Knk movies and get myself familiarized with Tsukihime before watching this?
Jun 28, 2011 9:41 AM

Feb 2009
There won't be any KnK characters here. And you really shouldn't watch this unless you've seen both Tsukihime and FSN in any media. So yeah, familiarize yourself with Tsukihime first .And watch the KnK movies as well.
Jun 28, 2011 7:02 PM

Feb 2010
belatkuro said:
There won't be any KnK characters here. And you really shouldn't watch this unless you've seen both Tsukihime and FSN in any media. So yeah, familiarize yourself with Tsukihime first .And watch the KnK movies as well.

Okay thanks (: Then I guess I can do those two things while waiting for the OVAs to finish airing.
Jun 28, 2011 7:06 PM

Dec 2010
I am very sad that, even though this isn't even a serious series, and even though it's already a crossover, the official announcement was Tsukihime and KnK will never meet.
Jun 29, 2011 3:34 AM

Apr 2009
I hope there will be a LOT of inside jokes, which people who haven't read Tsukihime/Kagetsu Tohya/PLUS-DISC/Melty Blood won't understand.

To people who actually want to get to know more before the OAV is out: do not watch the anime/read the manga. Just go with the originals (visual novels), their quality is many times superior to their adaptations'.

Jun 29, 2011 8:42 AM

Feb 2010
Blackiris said:
To people who actually want to get to know more before the OAV is out: do not watch the anime/read the manga. Just go with the originals (visual novels), their quality is many times superior to their adaptations'.

Hmm okay. Well the thing is I was actually going to start reading the manga because I feel like it'll be faster than reading the visual novels. And that I would hopefully get the basics of Tsukihime. And the ratings for the manga adaptation seemed..decent (based on what I see on MAL).

And also it's because I don't know where to start for the visual novels. From what I remember, there are different routes/paths that focus more on certain characters. And I do know that the manga adaptation focuses mostly on Arcueid.
Jun 29, 2011 9:05 AM

Feb 2009
Well, the manga is basically Arcueid's route with some differences and expansions. But yeah it's focused mostly on Arcuied. It's a good way to get to know the characters.
But as said above, you should play the VN to see the other routes and the difference in the characters in different routes.
There are 5 routes in the game, divided in two scenarios. The Near Side and the Far Side of the Moon. The Near Side is the routes of Arcueid and Ciel while the Far Side is the routes of the Tohno household characters, Akiha, Hisui and Kohaku.
You need to finish at least one Near Side to play the Far Side and you need to finish Hisui's route first before playing Kohaku.
So yeah, either go with Arcuied or Ciel first. There are lots of walkthroughs out there if you need help. The game is at a 30+ hours length I think. Shouldn't be hard if you're dedicated.
Jun 29, 2011 9:38 AM

Feb 2010
belatkuro said:
Well, the manga is basically Arcueid's route with some differences and expansions. But yeah it's focused mostly on Arcuied. It's a good way to get to know the characters.
But as said above, you should play the VN to see the other routes and the difference in the characters in different routes.
There are 5 routes in the game, divided in two scenarios. The Near Side and the Far Side of the Moon. The Near Side is the routes of Arcueid and Ciel while the Far Side is the routes of the Tohno household characters, Akiha, Hisui and Kohaku.
You need to finish at least one Near Side to play the Far Side and you need to finish Hisui's route first before playing Kohaku.
So yeah, either go with Arcuied or Ciel first. There are lots of walkthroughs out there if you need help. The game is at a 30+ hours length I think. Shouldn't be hard if you're dedicated.

Oh okay. Well then, I guess I'll start with the manga to get myself basic knowledge of the characters and the plot (:

That's interesting. Near Side and Far side. I'm assuming I'll found out why the scenarios are called as such when I get into the VN? xD

I think I'm mostly going to only watch the walkthroughs (on YT) right after reading the manga. I know it definitely sounds more boring than playing the VN itself. But I don't have the VN. I heard there are torrents out there but I'm not too familiar with downloading torrents in general. And downloading them will probably take hours..and would probably be a hassle since I probably have to download additional things..in addition T__T (I actually got to know more about Fate UBW route through watching the walkthroughs on YT haha xD...)
Jun 29, 2011 9:50 AM

Feb 2009
74 chapters. Get to it.

You'll see.

First time I've seen a person not familiar with torrents. >_>
What are you, four?
Jokes aside, it's easy to use. And Tsukihime is a small file, 200+mb I think.
No additional things required like patches coz I know the ones available are already patched.
If you really don't like torrents, and I don't see why not, just DDL it.
Google or if you want specifics, Filestube.
Jun 29, 2011 10:04 AM

Feb 2010
belatkuro said:
74 chapters. Get to it.

You'll see.

First time I've seen a person not familiar with torrents. >_>
What are you, four?
Jokes aside, it's easy to use. And Tsukihime is a small file, 200+mb I think.
No additional things required like patches coz I know the ones available are already patched.
If you really don't like torrents, and I don't see why not, just DDL it.
Google or if you want specifics, Filestube.

Okay.

Haha very funny. I'm not even sure if a 4-year-old knows how to use a computer, let alone the internet well enough.

Well I wouldn't say I'm totally unfamiliar with torrents. I think I downloaded an anime series once with torrent few years ago. But I do remember I had to download additional stuff in order to watch it. And this was on my old laptop..so I don't remember what those stuff were. But anyways, it's been a few years since I've used torrents to download things. And as of now, I don't know/remember any torrent downloading site.

Aside from that ^, if it's as easy as you claim to download the Tsukihime VN via torrent, I'll take your advice and try this ^ :P
Jun 29, 2011 10:16 AM

Jun 2011
*O.O*
Hell yeah!

Jul 1, 2011 4:09 PM
Dec 2010
This is amazing.
Jul 3, 2011 10:17 AM

Jun 2009
notsureifsrs said:
I am very sad that, even though this isn't even a serious series, and even though it's already a crossover, the official announcement was Tsukihime and KnK will never meet.

Technically they don't really ever have to meet since they are kinda taking place in the same time. Aoko is Touko's sister and the Glasses given to Shiki were stolen from Touko. Touko also makes references towards Aoko about the remark of her nickname being "red" and her sister being "blue". Type-moons new game "Mahou Tsukai no Yoru" will tie the story between the two.
Jul 5, 2011 6:43 AM

Aug 2009
that song is catchy lol, can't wait for this
Jul 5, 2011 7:09 AM
Dec 2007
PandAEmiC said:
notsureifsrs said:

Technically they don't really ever have to meet since they are kinda taking place in the same time. Aoko is Touko's sister and the Glasses given to Shiki were stolen from Touko. Touko also makes references towards Aoko about the remark of her nickname being "red" and her sister being "blue". Type-moons new game "Mahou Tsukai no Yoru" will tie the story between the two.
You are confused. KnK, Tsukihime and even Fate have shared characters and all the major magi, religious and demon hunting groups exist in all 3 of them.

But oficially Tsukihime and Fate share the same universe while KnK happens in an alternate universe. But they share characters like the Aozaki sisters. Touko not only made the glasses Shiki uses, she also made a doll body for Shirou. So yeah, the Nasuverse is full of parallel universes.

Jul 18, 2011 10:35 PM
Aug 2010
This looks awesome.
Jul 23, 2011 9:08 AM

Mar 2009
I've been dreaming of a Tsukihime/Fate official crossover, waiting for it for sooooo long...

Now after all these years, the wait is finally over! Saber and Rin will meet Arcueid and Ciel! Fuck yeah! About time!

So, I hurriedly click on the link to see the preview and I see.... this.

I think I'm gonna go to my corner and cry now. Please, don't disturb me.

Just so you know, Nasu! I'm taking you out of my favorite people list right now!
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Jul 23, 2011 3:01 PM

Jan 2010
0_0 what the hell did I watch? Is this suppose to be loosely based on Fate/Stay night?
Jul 23, 2011 3:37 PM
Dec 2007
DaiTomodachi said:
0_0 what the hell did I watch? Is this suppose to be loosely based on Fate/Stay night?
It's based on the Take-Moon manga which is based on the Tsukihime series (Tsukihime, Kagetsu Tohya, Melty Blood) and Fate series (Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Hollow Ataraxia). The PV's make it look like a crossover but the stories tend to be self-enclosed with minimum interaction between the Tsukihime and Fate characters.

Aug 11, 2011 8:39 AM

Apr 2009
DANCE SEQUENCE FTW!!!!!!

Aug 11, 2011 9:49 AM

Feb 2009
NeedzMoarKyou said:
DANCE SEQUENCE FTW!!!!!!
Still cannot unsee Kotomine, Nero and Roa waving like that >_>

Only a few more days.
Aug 11, 2011 1:34 PM

Sep 2010
Wooo. Almost here!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Carnival Phantasm Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Dec 31, 2011

141 by AYINLC »»
Feb 23, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Carnival Phantasm Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Dec 31, 2011

63 by Apreggi »»
Feb 16, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Carnival Phantasm Episode 10 Discussion

Elite60 - Dec 31, 2011

46 by Apreggi »»
Feb 16, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Carnival Phantasm Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Dec 31, 2011

96 by Apreggi »»
Feb 16, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Carnival Phantasm Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Oct 28, 2011

97 by Apreggi »»
Feb 16, 7:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.