Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (25) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 23, 2011 9:29 PM

Mar 2011
good end to a good anime.

although i wasnt a fan of all that yelling and crying, i managed to cry myself.

ano hi --- 8/10
Jun 23, 2011 9:37 PM

Sep 2007
The show had me when the ED hit and they read the notes that Menma left behind. I thought the scene with all their little confessions were a little overly dramatic, especially the part when Poppo said hit bit and everybody just started suddenly bawling out loud. Overall, a great series.

9/10
Jun 23, 2011 9:38 PM

Jul 2010
It felt a bit overly dramatic, but I still liked it. All that crying is pretty damn contagious for them all to start bawling like that! Then in the next frame they're all laughing over the eyelash thing. A part of me wanted all those feelings and unrequitted loves to end happily, but for the show being the way it is, I guess a fairy tale ending would've killed it for some. Now I need to decide if I want to give this a 7 or an 8.
Jun 23, 2011 9:40 PM
Mar 2011
been quite some time since i cry for an anime. this last episode is so emotional. i was really afraid for a moment during this episode. that they might not be able to bid farewell again like me though given a second chance....the guilt will be too much. 10/10 for the best happy ending i get to see since code geass.
Jun 23, 2011 9:41 PM

Oct 2009
When the ED song comes up, you know shit got real.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2011 9:43 PM

May 2010
God this anime had a GREAT ending! This show actually made me cry sometimes. This was one awesome anime series and I don't believe anything else can top how awesome this anime series was. I'll miss it so T_T

Jun 23, 2011 9:46 PM
Nov 2008
Something had been missing throughout the entire series, something not quite there, something preventing me from making the emotional connection. I still haven't put my finger on what it was, but one thing I know for sure. At the very end, with the letters scene, it finally happened. The tears finally rolled down my cheek. It took an entire series to reach that point, but damn that moment just hit so perfectly.
Jun 23, 2011 9:47 PM

Jul 2010
This is such a great anime! It made me cry.
Jun 23, 2011 9:49 PM

Apr 2010
AMAZING ANIME WITH AN AMAZING END. This gets a 10/10 instantly. I loved this series from start to finish and I have shed a lot of tears over it. Not many anime connect to me like that and when they do they become the best in my book. I will miss this anime for sure.
Jun 23, 2011 9:59 PM

Nov 2008
I didn't cry too hard while I was watching the rest of this series, but when it got to the note scene, I lost track of how many times I had to pause my player so that I could read her goodbyes through my tears.
Jun 23, 2011 10:07 PM

May 2007
That wasn't epic, but it was good.

I kind of expected an angel beats epiloge, but an ending like that is fine too.

It really did let a few loose loops here and there, but heck, it was good either way.

Maybe it was just me but it felt a bit anti climatic when Jinta was talking while the OP was playing. If i were directing i'd let the music play. It would have been enough i guess.

But oh well, this was well worth my time. 8/10 from me.
Jun 23, 2011 10:09 PM

Nov 2007
somewhere around 7-8. everyone finally seemed to move on at the end but it still seems a lot was unresolved. it's good everyone finally moved on and it seemed there actually might be a little hope for YukiatsuXTsuruko and JintanXAnaru at the end.

the crying and screaming seemed a bit much tough. I'm glad they all got to see her briefly at the end.

still would have liked to have known just how Menma died but I guess they left it a bit vague.

I doubt they will but there's still potential for a 2nd season!
Jun 23, 2011 10:10 PM

Apr 2011
Maybe it's just me, but I feel as if they play the ending at the right time just to make you cry.
If I don't shed a single tear during the episode, the ending will probably make me do so. The whole meaning behind the lyrics is just heart-crushing
Jun 23, 2011 10:11 PM
Jun 2011
9/10 This anime made me cried ever since ep 8. I'll miss it. D:
Jun 23, 2011 10:11 PM

Jun 2009
mystik said:

Yes, there is.
Jun 23, 2011 10:22 PM
Aug 2009
What a fucking good final episode ;_;
Jun 23, 2011 10:22 PM

May 2011
10/10
The tears won't stop eventhough the episode has ended alrdy
Now to watch Gintama or Sket Dance to cheer me up
Jun 23, 2011 10:23 PM

May 2010
Bunny-kins said:

Forced drama and tears.
No offense, but they kinda over did it.

This. It just make me feel that they are just faking it.
Jun 23, 2011 10:33 PM

May 2009
season 2!! MOU II KAI!!
Jun 23, 2011 10:46 PM

Apr 2010
for whatever reason when every started crying in front of the temple the scene struck me as pretty funny, and lol that was before they threw in the comic relife part...

but manly tears where shed as menma left ;_;

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Jun 23, 2011 10:52 PM

Sep 2010
9/10 for me. The show had its flaws, I won't deny that, but it also did a lot of things right. It didn't catch my eye when I read the summary for it in the season preview, but after the first episode came out, I decided to watch it, and every week it's kept on churning out strong episodes that brought the viewers closer to the characters. This last episode was the best of all - the two characters that didn't get explored as much, Tsuruko and Poppo, finally broke down, and for me, Poppo's cries were the final straw that sent me into a fit of tears that kept coming long after I finished watching.

I loved this show, and I really loved this final episode. The hide-and-seek part may have seemed cliche, but I thought it was perfect. I think the group has been stuck in a game of hide-and-seek ever since Menma's death; they couldn't get over her death, and since then, despite time going by, they haven't been able to grow from their past selves. Though they're older now, they're still burdened by the same things that held them back as children. For Jintan, Anjou, Yukiatsu, and Tsuruko, it's their love being unrequited, and for Poppo, it's the traumatic memory of seeing the moment one of your best friends died.

Though Menma's wish was revealed to be getting Jintan to be honest and cry when he needs to, I think Menma's purpose was also to help the group move on. By finally finding her in hide-and-seek and saying their goodbyes, they were able to move forward and stop being chained by their past. While I've seen complaints that throughout all the episodes, the characters didn't really grow and kept getting hung up on the same problems they've had since the start, I think that was exactly the point of their characters. With Menma's true passing, time started moving again for them, and as the ending showed, they've begun to mature.

While we weren't shown whether Jintan and Yukiatsu will return Anjou and Tsuruko's feelings, I think that even if they don't, Anjou and Tsuruko will be able to accept that this time and move on. It was a beautiful ending that brought everything together. Now if only I could stop crying about it... ;;
Jun 23, 2011 10:54 PM

Feb 2011
Anohana best anime this season!~

10/10
Jun 23, 2011 10:56 PM

Jun 2011
Great episode.

I started cryng from when Jintan came to get Menma all the way till the end.

Very heart-wrenching episode. U can really relate to all the characters.

Overall 5/5 just too good to be describe by words alone.
Jun 23, 2011 10:58 PM

Feb 2011
whiteshadowz said:
season 2!! MOU II KAI!!

I wouldn't risk to ruin the story for season two, I think the anime is best the way it ends.
Jun 23, 2011 10:58 PM

Jul 2009
Wow. I shed more manly tears than I did for Clanned: After Story. And the ending was more satisfying too. I was surprised and pleased at how this show played out. Well done.
Jun 23, 2011 10:59 PM

Feb 2011
-Quasar said:
mystik said:

Yes, there is.

xDD That made me lol. It was good to laugh for a bit after crying over the ending so much. xD
Jun 23, 2011 11:03 PM

Aug 2010
iWishTifaWasReal said:
I like the ending seriously but it couldve been better if they ended it with 5 or 10 years later showing what they are doing in their life

FOR EXAMPLE:

Jinta has a short hair now
Anura and Jinta are in a relationship or married someting like that

anything that tells what they are doing in their life

well whatever
IT WAS A FUN AND EMOTION RIDE.
this is one of the anime i can relate.

i can dig it.........
Jun 23, 2011 11:08 PM
Mar 2011
Who would like to see an OVA of the characters 10 years into the future?
Jun 23, 2011 11:08 PM

Jun 2010
The first half wasn't so good, that shrine scene with everyone crying felt so forced that I couldn't help but laugh, although I found Popo's and Tsurumi's confessions powerful. The 2nd half kinda made up for it. The hide and go seek scene was cheesy but I found the letters touching and I managed to shed a few tears.

Overall this show gets an 8/10 from me. The beginning of the series was amazing but the middle portion felt like it dragged on and a bit too melodramatic at times. The ending was expected, but good.
Jun 23, 2011 11:14 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Got a 9 from 8 by me . The ending even though it was predictable (she would go to heaven sooner or later) it was pretty good and it was rly nice . In the end I cried with them .
Also for the 5-10 years later , I prefer they didn't show an ending like that . I'd like to think the future for them isn't rly written . Also I don't want Anaru/Jinta together . It just feels wrong for some reason (well it seems right too for other reasons but for me the wrong outweigh the right)

Goodbye Menma T^T
Jun 23, 2011 11:16 PM

Oct 2009
[Yanofliesubs] Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai ~10 years after~ OVA episode 1 [CEA55SE][FLAC][1920x1080].mkv
[Yanofliesubs] Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai ~10 years after~ OVA episode 2 [BE4O5S0][FLAC][1920x1080].mkv
YanofliesJun 23, 2011 11:19 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2011 11:22 PM
Apr 2011
Great anime 8/10, would of been a ten if it didn't drag in the middle of the anime...
Jun 23, 2011 11:28 PM
May 2011
KingOmerta said:
iWishTifaWasReal said:
I like the ending seriously but it couldve been better if they ended it with 5 or 10 years later showing what they are doing in their life

FOR EXAMPLE:

Jinta has a short hair now
Anura and Jinta are in a relationship or married someting like that

anything that tells what they are doing in their life

well whatever
IT WAS A FUN AND EMOTION RIDE.
this is one of the anime i can relate.

i can dig it.........

... NO!
I like it they way it is! If they did that time skip and made everybody marry, that'd just kill the entire ending for me.

I LOVE how they just HINTED what might happen (TxY and AxJ) and just let our imaginations take over what might happen from there.
And as much as I would LIKE to see the characters again, I'd really HATE an OVA of them in the future because I hate to be spoon fed what really happens to them. This ending was really clever to satisfy people that didn't ship Anaru and Jintan..
Makes me imagine that he'd become a florist and will live forever alone and they're all just friends, nothing more. LOL.
I also feel as though Anaru isn't going to chase after Jintan anymore, even with Menma gone. HEH. I'll just continue to be in denial.

BUT I'LL CROSS MY FINGERS THAT THEY WON'T DO AN OVA OR ADD ANYMORE TO IT.
Jun 23, 2011 11:29 PM

Jan 2011
It's currently rated #31! We must get this on the front page!!!
Jun 23, 2011 11:43 PM

Aug 2008
Loved it, and loved it some more. all the crying and deep emotions were epic awesomeness.

there won't be one like you in a while AnoHana.

10/10 and more
Jun 23, 2011 11:48 PM
Jan 2009
tears in my eyes the whole time...

bye bye menma
Jun 23, 2011 11:50 PM
May 2011
Great closure and beautiful ending. 9/10 for me.

Manly tears were shed ... would have been probably more if I had not watched both ef seasons this week.

I personally would like to see a OVA, but I agree with epiklow that a fast forward to 10 years later would be wrong, that would destroy all the hinting of the epilogue. I would prefer a OVA that concentrates on the time directly after the goodbyes to Menma. Like the epilogue, but longer and in more detail. Just to show the progress between them and maybe some more insight to the hints that were given.
Jun 23, 2011 11:59 PM

May 2009
I despised this anime up until this episode; the frequent breakdown cries, the seemingly random love pentagon, and the melodrama in general, really, were unbearable and facedesk-worthy. But the ending really changed my views on this. My hatred for this show turned to disappointment. Apart from the cheesy farewell, the characters were presented in a way that actually made them look human and not as much of tools for making the anime seem sadder. In other words, the provocation of emotions felt much more natural here than in the past 10 episodes. And most importantly, this ending made me realize just how much potential AnoHana had. I wish that it had at least another 10 or so episodes to make room for more character development and have them develop at a better pace, and of course, to make the soppy, cheesy, and frequent cries and dialogue not so frequent and forced. It's a damn shame. I honestly think AnoHana could've been so much more. 5/10
Jun 24, 2011 12:00 AM
Nov 2010
A fine ending, Menma is finally gone, only thing I didn't like was the number of "Goodbye"-s said but it was still a nice story, thanks to whoever suggested me to watch it, I wouldn't because of the long title, otherwise...:D
Jun 24, 2011 12:03 AM

Mar 2010
Great ending.. hate to see a wonderful anime like this end, but all things must as the moral goes.
I might make room in my top 5 anime favs for this.. First time I've cried on an ending of a beautiful anime in quite some time.
Jun 24, 2011 12:08 AM

Aug 2010
A bit disappointed with the ending, but at least there was no magical resurrection like some people hoped there would be. They just tied in the title with that flower monologue at the end, it should have had more to do with the series. Seeing Menma, not seeing her, seeing her again, it just changed randomly according to the plot. A plus point for the romance hints, I can see Jintan and Anaru entering a relationship at one point. Not sure about Tsuruki and Yukiatsu. 4/5 for the finale and the series gets a 7 from me. It was a decent watch with some stronger and weaker episodes.
Jun 24, 2011 12:08 AM

Oct 2010
Chills throughout the entire episode.
Seriously one of my favorite animes of all time
I dont care what anybody says this anime is the real deal
10/10
Jun 24, 2011 12:27 AM

Aug 2009
chaelmi said:

if you didn't cry on this last episode, you're a freaking MACHINE!

Not a single tear, really ._.UUU (and I'm a crybaby)
IMO this anime was quite disappointing and the drama was kinda forced (really, Jintan could have made Menma write in her diary EARLIER)

Nice songs, cute design and Anaru is love.

6/10
Jun 24, 2011 12:28 AM

Feb 2010
didn't like the ending :o but still a very good show 8/10.
Jun 24, 2011 12:33 AM

Jul 2009
LOL, this episode wasn't badly done, but the series as a whole is a joke.

I hated all the characters, couldn't sympathize with any of them. Love the art, the sound, but it's very melodramatic and filled with one dimensional characters (and not the good kind).

5/10
Jun 24, 2011 12:35 AM

Mar 2010
Overall, it's the best series i've ever watched in a while 10/10. It's a good thing that they're able to move on at the end. The hide and seek moment made me cry T_T.

Makes me wanna post this song dedicating to this anime.

The Spirit Carries On by Dream Theater

I just happened to play this song after watching the end and it made me cry even more. XD
"Though I fly through the valley of death..I shall fear no evil. For I am at 80,000 feet and climbing." - At the entrance to the old SR-71 operating base Kadena, Okinawa
Jun 24, 2011 12:35 AM

Jul 2009
Great ending. Why all the hate?

I wish it had more episodes though. I wanted more details of their pasts. This anime must've not been doing well in Japan. But who cares. It gave me a warm feeling in the end and I loved it.

This anime deserves an 8 or probably a 9. Well I'll give it a 9.
Jun 24, 2011 12:43 AM

Jun 2008
WoofSadaharu said:
Great ending. Why all the hate?

Because it was too short :\

There just wasn't enough time to go into detail, and I bet that ending would've been ten times more powerful if we knew more about the characters. Things like, details about what they do now, details about their past, etc. Also details on what exactly happened before and after Menma died and how she died would've helped so much with the understanding process. Instead, the relentless drama just felt, at its worst, alienating and imposing.

Overall, the whole anime felt like a masterpiece that had huge, important chunks ripped out of it. I mean I guess it was good, but I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone or rewatch it.
Jun 24, 2011 12:43 AM

Jul 2009
Avalongus said:
I despised this anime up until this episode; the frequent breakdown cries, the seemingly random love pentagon, and the melodrama in general, really, were unbearable and facedesk-worthy. But the ending really changed my views on this. My hatred for this show turned to disappointment. Apart from the cheesy farewell, the characters were presented in a way that actually made them look human and not as much of tools for making the anime seem sadder. In other words, the provocation of emotions felt much more natural here than in the past 10 episodes. And most importantly, this ending made me realize just how much potential AnoHana had. I wish that it had at least another 10 or so episodes to make room for more character development and have them develop at a better pace, and of course, to make the soppy, cheesy, and frequent cries and dialogue not so frequent and forced. It's a damn shame. I honestly think AnoHana could've been so much more. 5/10

+1

None of the characters progressed until the last episode. That's why there was little emotional connection. I don't like it when drama is forced, but I suppose it's a good tactic for the masses. It's like why reality shows try to milk contestant back-stories even though there's little actual substance. The final episode (save the deux ex-ish goodbye) was done pretty well, and I wish the entire show was done in that mold. Shame.
Jun 24, 2011 12:57 AM

Sep 2010
I am so fucking late lol.
This was a almost perfect ending , I absolutely loved the parts with them going nuts. The part with the goodbye (before everyone got to say goodbye back) was also funny.

Anyway enough pointless ranting anime rating 10/10
Pages (25) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

389 by Grimenio »»
Apr 30, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xity - Apr 28, 2011

319 by Grimenio »»
Apr 28, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

387 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

422 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.