Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 27, 2013 4:34 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
There is a very strong WTF element to this series. I suspected she was alive, but the devil was she doing in that strange domed middle America circa 1980's town?

Could Re-L be a proxy too I wonder?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 27, 2013 7:04 AM

Mar 2013
Marzan said:
There is a very strong WTF element to this series. I suspected she was alive, but the devil was she doing in that strange domed middle America circa 1980's town?

Could Re-L be a proxy too I wonder?

Watching now as well and had the same thoughts...but yeah love the wtf aspect of this show. It's like a gradual mind fuck that you want more and more of.
Jul 24, 2013 10:51 PM

Jun 2012
While it may be true that Daedalus is obsessed with Re-l, the "box hug" scene wasn't really very awkward at all. If you payed attention, he was put into that position whenever Raul shoved him against the box. When Raul left the room, Daedalus didn't move, but rather he stayed in the same position and rested his head against the box.

So yeah, nothing out of the ordinary there... Well, actually, there were a lot of things that could be considered out of the ordinary, but for that particular thing nothing was really odd about it.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Sep 16, 2013 2:33 PM

Jun 2012
Another great episode, this series is just fantastic. I don't even feel confused at the minute, there are just some things that we haven't be told just yet, and im ok with that :P

Anyway, he can continue his research, im wondering about daedalus monologue about lil and if it's related to the proxy. Lil has some proxy killing bullets and it wasnt raul who "killed" Lil, though i never thought it was even him in the first place, so i wasn't surprised at that lol

I want to keep on watching but i have to sleep :'( Also noting it's only on episode 10 and the plot is going to probably get clotted with a shit tonne more mystery, i hope it doesn't turn into lain...

EDIT: Daedalus monologue was probably just noting that really, his raison detre is very much still in tact, and he is pretty damn happy bout that :P
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Nov 4, 2013 6:39 AM

Nov 2009
If energy is such a concern, then why are they wasting so much on a city that nobody is living in? . . . Anyways, looks like Re-l is going back outside.
Nov 9, 2013 3:21 PM

Oct 2013
so i totally thought deadalus was a girl, and Raul is probably the most closet person i know. He is definitely planning on doing inappropriate things to deadalus and i'm scared for him :00
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Nov 10, 2013 5:04 PM

Jul 2012
Coldbid said:
k, everyone seems to like the molesting scene but I still dont understand how real is alive! I must have missed something. This anime hurts my brain.

also everyone seems to be missing the fact that Daedalus freaking said to Monad "My Lil/Re-L" geezz
Dec 29, 2013 11:33 AM

Feb 2011
Daedalus is a boy

Now that's a plot twist.
Jan 2, 2014 5:47 PM

Aug 2013
Lakitu said:
I didn't know that Deadalus was a boy :O

+1
Lakitu said:
Great episode :-) And the city without people really reminded me of Kino no Tabi as well :P

On the other hand, it reminded me of Texhnolyze.
Feb 21, 2014 6:02 AM

Sep 2013
I thought Daedalus was a young woman at first , I guess I was wrong about that , anyway this was quite an interesting episode , it's great to see Real Mayor once again and her Autoreiv , I enjoyed this and am looking forward to seeing what happens next :D
Mar 6, 2014 12:11 AM
Feb 2014
Very cool to see some Ray Bradbury influence, "There Will Come Soft Rains".
Apr 11, 2014 10:29 PM
Jul 2012
Quite lost on what it is going on. /:
4/5
Apr 20, 2014 1:23 PM

Feb 2010
Everyone in this show has chronic traitor syndrome.

Raul is such a magnificent bastard but Daedrus is sympathetically insane while Vincent is getting there. And Re-L is how you make a badass show vulnerability and emotion.

I thought this show would be stupid hard to get into given the audience I see getting into it, but it's about as accessible as Naruto. Who'd a thunk?
Apr 25, 2014 8:04 PM

Aug 2013
Wait what...why is Daedalus calling Monad Re-L? I'm so confused >__<
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 27, 2014 11:45 AM
Nov 2013
Daedalus called Monad Re-l... But how can Re-l be Monad?
There's only 2 proxys we know of in Romdo, right?
And they were both in Re-l's apartment when she got attacked, or whatever happened..
AND Re-l was the one that found Monad dead.. right?
What does this mean?

I hope to see a satisfying conclusion..
May 20, 2014 3:07 PM

Oct 2013
This episode was kinda boring :/

Jun 3, 2014 12:21 AM

May 2008
Merril said:
Raul Creed after cornering Daedalus pins him against the wall and looks like hes about to kiss him. Then he says "If necessary, I can show you that I can play rough"... did anyone else really get freaked out?

Between this and Raul's "adult toys", all I could think was "Bad Touch!". I guess Raul likes them young, LOL.

Other than that, the town without humans was pretty weird. I don't see the point of it or how Re-l managed to get there.
Jun 15, 2014 12:47 PM
Aug 2013
I ship Raul and Daedalus.

... nonetheless I just realised this episode, that Daedalus is a boy.
Aug 16, 2014 6:15 AM
Jul 2018
LMFAO You can play with my adult toys xD That didn't sound wrong at all.
And woah, the ending... I don't get it. So is that proxy in tube is re-l ? Is that even possible, weren't they transforming or something like that.

Nenad said:
Lakitu said:
I didn't know that Deadalus was a boy :O

+1
Lakitu said:
Great episode :-) And the city without people really reminded me of Kino no Tabi as well :P

On the other hand, it reminded me of Texhnolyze.

Deadalus is not a boy, or is he? ... I guess the chief calls him boy since shes tomboy. I am not sure tho
Sep 28, 2014 6:13 AM

Jul 2014
Daedalus is going to be a yandere, yeaaah I can imagine that :o his obsession with Re-l isn't normal. At first I though he was a girl so...never mind
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Nov 19, 2014 2:22 PM

Aug 2013
tiya_n said:
At first I though he was a girl so...

I'm glad that I'm not only one.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 19, 2014 3:04 PM

Nov 2014
watching this for the 3rd time. this episode is super intensive with story stuff, just like the 9th episode. Some stuff I picked up for the first time
Jun 16, 2015 3:33 PM

Jan 2015
Psylocybek said:
The more I watch the less I understand xP
Pretty much...
Jul 19, 2015 8:43 AM

Sep 2014
This is so excellent. Everytime I think the setting can't become any cooler they just add something amazingly fitting. This time it's the lost city where all the robots keep their routine.

I think I would have hated it to watch this show when it was airing. Try to imagine the 3 weeks wait until you hear about Re-L again...
Aug 30, 2015 1:40 PM

Feb 2015
Wow... i thought Dae was a girl.

. . .

Traps.

They're everywhere... EVERYWHERE.
Feb 3, 2016 6:25 AM

Aug 2013
Yeahh I don't like him after all.. that creepy Daedalus.
Now Monad is Re-L.. what the heck. This is too min boggling.
Forget the end.. I can't even see where this is heading.
Feb 25, 2016 4:37 AM

May 2010
I legit thought Deadalus was a girl till this point, and then "toys" happened and I lost my senses. like WTH but okay. I don't even know, I still think Raul raped Dea (even tho it's unlikely) 'cause why not? It's so damn interesting and
Zell182 said:
how homoerotic was Raul's 'attack' on Daedalus? XD

Also, I still don't know how Raul and Dea managed to conclude that Re-l is alive, but okay.
Aug 24, 2016 9:59 PM

Feb 2015
I'm going to assume that the scenes with Re-L happened way after the scenes with Daedelus. Otherwise how would she have the anti-Proxy ammo? This also leads me to believe Re-L is the Monad proxy as Daedelus groped Monad and called it "My Lil". I'm prepared to be wrong though...

What a weird show.
Sep 13, 2016 5:02 AM

Mar 2010
That yaoi..

Adult toys plus typical seme x uke scene lol

Knew it, lil wasnt dead
Oct 10, 2016 12:48 AM

Jan 2010
Here's another thing I just noticed: blood in this show is portrayed oddly. It looks really dulled out, half the time making me question if a person is bleeding or spewing some form of crude oil.

Now for the episode itself. The idea for a society based around manufactured humans, produced with singular purposes in life to act as cogs in a grander machine - this certainly reminds me of certain real world parallels, though I think divulging onto those would be an invitation to load of headaches.
Nov 17, 2016 5:28 AM

Oct 2012
Ofc she's not dead! She's the main character!
Main character in the cover! How can she be dead? xD

There's nothing wrong with the adult talking about toys ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
"Signature removed"
Dec 23, 2016 3:25 AM

Feb 2016
The little girl was creepy, it suggested that if Re-L was being groomed to replace her grandfather that much like a defective part she could easily be replaced.

Her grandfather isn't completely dead inside, obviously it really destroyed him to order the assassination. The fact that Raul plainly speaks to his auto reiv suggests that he's telling the truth.

The only confusing part is whether the little girl was phsyically real, or maybe Re-L's memories manifested as a younger version of her.

The sudden make-up appearance at the end suggests so.

Re-L being secretly alive was no twist, it's funny, I usually miss these things. She's the MC, she wanted to leave the dome. It made perfect sense to fool the enemies and then get 'permission' to go outside. Also Raul not clasping his hands and rubbing them in the aftermarth also suggested that the regent or terrorists were responsible.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Mar 11, 2017 5:49 AM

Apr 2016
Well this is getting more interesting, the show not only focus on mysteries but also on psychological as well. The final scene with the robot leaving its position seem amiss, anyway i hope everything will be answered in the late game. Execution is getting better and the sound never ceased to amaze me.
Mar 18, 2017 8:08 AM

Jan 2015
very YAOI-ish moment between Daedalus & Raul......a bit creepy when he rammed Daedalus......I was like thinking that this scene gonna be from some gay movie.....ughh...I'm not against LBGT or anything.....but dude....look...Daedalus looks like a smal/average kid....and Raul....Raul is similar to some kinda predator from the 1880s.....

And then Re-L in some kinda Ghost town...still an interesting episode though
May 13, 2017 10:36 AM

Jun 2013
That was nice, I finally understood some things without looking up any analysis first. I mean, I still did, but yeah. The three agents from Romdeau have each rejected their programming and decided to do their own things, and now they are in the middle of figuring out what that thing is.

At the final scene where Daedalus is calling Re-l's name next to Monad, for a second I thought it would be revealed that Re-l is Monad and she's just dreaming. But nah, that wouldn't make sense.
Nov 16, 2017 6:56 AM
May 2017
TitanioVerde said:
Long live the paperboy robot. Still it turned lazy on the last moment.

I think maybe he has the virus so he stopped to think
Jan 18, 2018 6:12 PM

Mar 2012
Random yaoi vibes out of left field.
Mar 10, 2018 5:32 PM

Feb 2013
A lot of information is revealed in this episode... in the form of riddles.
May 18, 2018 7:38 AM

Jan 2018
I miss Pino......

Mar 16, 2019 4:03 PM

Dec 2015
Nice episode!

She's alive, i knew it! Now the question is, she's a proxy too? :O
Mar 26, 2019 1:31 AM
Jun 2017
I miss Vincent and Pino......
Mar 29, 2019 11:40 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
picked this up again afer almost 2 years
i remember the sow was ok but not good enough to rewatch it now (my opinion)

A lot was surly confusing cause oft this even if I remember the show quite confusing
let's see how this goes on

Oct 14, 2019 7:06 PM
Apr 2019
I'd give this a 3.5/5.

A bit too much dancing around between Daedalus and Raul--Im skeptical this relationship between them is going to work well writing wise, but we'll see.

Further, I've clearly missed some plot points because there are a few things I don't understand:

1. How exactly is Re-l alive given we saw her shot?
2. How did Re-l get out of the original dome without security bureau noticing?
3. What are the bullets that were given? Was that production scene a flashback?
4. What was the purpose of Pino there--was it an illusion? What's with the smoke?
5. How the hell could Re-l be Monad?

Finally, I'm having trouble keeping track of all the proxies. So we have four right? Monad, Law, the dead one killed by Law at the army base/tower, and then the guy he killed shortly thereafter.

So that scene at the start with Monad and Law was... weird then. Isn't it mentioned that Law gave his memories to Monad? Why would they be fighting then?

I don't understand the shifts between human form and Proxy form.

Gah there's a lot I don't understand, and I hope it is satisfactorily answered or I'm gonna be pissed.
Jan 13, 2020 9:19 AM
Apr 2019
So confused... watched a second time, but no luck. "Oh no! Raul is..." Had to come here (to calm down) and ascertain...
Jan 29, 2020 12:17 PM

Jun 2014
Why is that city totally empty? And the cemetery is huge, as if all the inhabitants had already died. Is this just a detail without importance or is this ghost town a sign of something creepier? I feel so curious now! XD
Apr 25, 2020 4:26 AM

Mar 2020
that was gay as fuck
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jun 24, 2021 11:23 PM

Jul 2009
Kinda obvious Re-L wouldn't die. Daedalus would never let that happen.

Still, it seems the dome really has lots of secrets. Like sectors of the place not being inhabitant by anyone.

Also, seeing Little Re-L!!

SomaHeirJun 24, 2021 11:35 PM
Jul 1, 2021 3:52 AM

Aug 2019
thought Daedalus was about to get raped when Raul was pushing him against the glass, thank goodness it didn’t go that route
Aug 16, 2021 9:49 PM

Dec 2018
so if they're not birthing people to live in those places then does that mean that now the few that are born exist to serve the robots?
i can't think of why else they'd choose not to repopulate
Sep 25, 2021 6:40 PM

Jul 2020
Woah the animators found out how to use color :o

I wasn’t expecting Raul to be this sus lol
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xel - May 31, 2008

94 by RGreatDanton »»
May 22, 9:42 PM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xel - May 29, 2008

105 by RGreatDanton »»
May 22, 12:36 PM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

xel - May 28, 2008

152 by RGreatDanton »»
May 22, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Why do people seem to not like Ergo Proxy?

TheGuiltMan - Nov 28, 2020

41 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 30, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

78 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 10:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.