Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 4, 2011 9:53 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So the beast was just a poor puppy deity that got impaled by a sword, it's sad that the mother was killed, Millihore and Shinku got new weapons and powers and made short work of it by pulling out the sword, then the sword started to envelop Shinku and was shot off his hand by Leon's arrow before it could. Millhi ecchi was good. Oh yeah lots of blood and gore in this episode, someone may change the rating now.

5/5

Jun 4, 2011 12:58 PM
Feb 2011
I wish these were subbed faster but oh well. Good at first glance.
Jun 4, 2011 4:28 PM

Dec 2008
I'm relieved, at least... I thought someone was definitely going to die, but at least it didn't happen on this episode... Interesting looking weapons, and poor little pup... well, at least they're fine by now...

There's just one question I'd like to ask... Where are Brioche and Yukikaze? o.O? they'd been rushing to the scene on the previous episode, and they were nowhere to be found this time...

Also, I hope Eclair didn't get hurt after her fall (maybe she decame a doggy ball XD)
Jun 4, 2011 4:31 PM

Oct 2010
What really gave me a impact is the following,

Millhiore was really badly wounded there and got scrapped but still it produced a gush and to add there were some Leonmitchelli's visions mixed in what was really going. It did not help that a shock occurred in regards to the spoiler
that was sick. Not only that but it freaking swallowed the princess. I kind of knew still that she would be alive in a bubble around the monster's body. Most likely being kept to be absorbed and it was kind of dead giveaway she is alive with those 2 rings shinning. A wearer most certainly must be alive for them to do that.

At least Rebecca was very nicely done as follows,

I particularly liked the blushing there and it was nice to see her cheering Shinku. In fact it was nice to see that flashback in general with Shinku's mom supporting him and his dad. In fact Shinku tried hard to push that button and he looked cool but in the end that depression set in since he did not win #1 You see this is where it becomes interesting since he reverses his thinking into drawing more power so to not be like that anymore.

About the fight,
  • The fight's main points Leonmitchelli's blocking of the monster's tentacle ends with sharp objects with her own shield in the spoiler
    was really nice and those tentacles were pretty bad ass.

• Total WTF at the monster breaking Millhiore's small sword in the spoiler
    now that caught me by surprise and was pretty wild.

Rest in spoiler

About the storyline of the fox,
  • At first the environment in the spoiler
    did give me the feeling of desolation and wrath with the red lighting. So it was a good first impression.

• The appearance of a good spirit fox with Millhiore in the spoiler
    was what I though it would be, that of the a spirit fox being possessed by something.

Rest in spoiler

About the monster,
  • The monster's entrance in the spoiler
    was really good in the feel it gave off and the OST was nice.

• The monster’s howling in the spoiler
    was just plain insane.

Rest in spoiler

In general very good episode with much action.
Yumekichi11Jun 5, 2011 6:25 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 4, 2011 7:32 PM

Oct 2007
i digg the ecchi. Interesting way to end the fight though. o_o
Jun 4, 2011 8:31 PM

Apr 2011
HELL YEAH!!! Gotta love that bukkake scene! The highlight of the episode! XD

But I wonder what will happen to the last two episodes?
Jun 5, 2011 6:25 AM

Oct 2010
Hoppy said:
Millhi ecchi was good.
Indeed it was good in the spoiler

Hoppy said:
Oh yeah lots of blood and gore in this episode, someone may change the rating now.
Not only that there is a similitude to bukkake, which is a form of a sex act that involves sperm covering all of the girl (you canr read about it here but it's kind of obvious that it's way too much shown the resemblance in the spoiler
probably worth a WTF Dog days? You trying too hard with the ecchi IMO. It's not a personal problem, it's just to mention that it's forced. Last episode it was so is this therefore it's trying hard. I wonder how much more it will get raunchier by next episode.

Jun 6, 2011 3:12 PM

Nov 2010
Aww... I really wanted to see Shinku getting devoured by the demon blade...
Jun 6, 2011 3:35 PM

Jan 2011
Rinji- said:

I feel so wrong for agreeing lol. Him going on a corrupted rampage and being brought to normal would have been an awesome final arc.
Jun 6, 2011 3:58 PM

Nov 2008
I totally forgot about the warning and my family saw the ecchi scene XD

Tenchi_Ryu said:
Rinji- said:
I feel so wrong for agreeing lol. Him going on a corrupted rampage and being brought to normal would have been an awesome final arc.
^I also agree but that would be so very cliche to me. But its still awesome to see that though XDD too bad it didn't

Seyary_Minamoto said:
There's just one question I'd like to ask... Where are Brioche and Yukikaze? o.O? they'd been rushing to the scene on the previous episode, and they were nowhere to be found this time...
^Same here. I thought they would come to aid the battle or rescue Shinku but Leo hogged the stage for them XDD

PS: Every preview are so amusing :D

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jun 6, 2011 4:22 PM

Dec 2010
awesome episode, this show keeps getting better and better :D

tbh, i wanted shinku to get taken over by the sword, or get severly injured, but noo..his wounds magically healed along with his clothes ¬¬
Jun 6, 2011 4:27 PM

Sep 2010
Wow, that was a little intense : P

Definitely 5/5, good soundtracks, tons of action, and even an unexpected but very cute ecchi scene. The part when Leo-sama shot the demonic arrow at the end was also very nice. I really enjoyed this episode and am looking forward to the next : )
Jun 6, 2011 5:29 PM

Jun 2010
Not going to lie. When they saved the fox at the end and it twitched and whimpered, I teared a little.....not going to lie. Best episode of the series so far. It wasn't like the episodes before, where it's all cutesy. Now it's all naked and blood and naked and sad stories......and naked. I wonder what's going to happen to the fox.

Best episode so far.

Jun 6, 2011 5:54 PM
Sep 2010
I was kind of hoping that someone would die this episode. Other than that, this was a good episode. I guess the fight with the demon could have been more action-y, but oh well. Oh, and it confuses me that the demon was sealed in the earth but came out of the sky. I know that's completely unimportant, but it's bugging me.
Jun 6, 2011 7:05 PM

Sep 2010
Hooooooly shit. That was all too incredible for me to handle. I even teared up a little.
Seriously, that was awesome.
Jun 6, 2011 7:43 PM

Jun 2009
Poor little deity.

I have a soft spot for those little things and that made me a little bit sad. Fanservice was okay and the battle visuals is great as usual.
Jun 6, 2011 8:29 PM

Feb 2008
::facepalm::
Jun 6, 2011 8:43 PM

Oct 2010
13man18 said:
Not going to lie. When they saved the fox at the end and it twitched and whimpered, I teared a little.....not going to lie.
Yeah that was my problem to, it looked so like a puppy having all this done to it. That is :(

Jun 6, 2011 9:53 PM

Feb 2010
So upsetting. That poor baby fox... :(
Jun 6, 2011 10:05 PM

Sep 2009
Still wonder. It's 2 more eps. but the final battle is ended already. Even in Nanoha they made no more than 1 "peaceful" ep. in the end.
Jun 6, 2011 11:02 PM

Oct 2010
BTW That voice from the mother fox, is it the same one from Menma's mother? In Ano Hana.

Jun 6, 2011 11:18 PM
Apr 2010
Holy f-ing sh**!!! That episode just exploded in front of me and I went flying while saying "OMG BADASS!!!!".

I was expecting action, but that FAAAARRRRR exceeded my expectations.

Oh and that wolf, it looked like ZOIDS Liger x Naturto's 9-tail Fox demon, which both I LOVED. Millhi became a blood pool then a an ecchi-moe.... Wow, I've never seen such a mix in ONE episode, for ONE character. Blew my mind.

And that Leon fight scene made me go at how freaking strong she really is.

10/5!!!
Jun 7, 2011 1:44 AM

Jan 2010
I was so torn when Shinku got attacked by the sword... Half of me was like GET CORRUPTED GO ON RAMPAGE THEN GET SAVED but the other half of me was like NOOOOO SHINKU ESCAPE AND STAY THE AWESOME CHARACTER YOU ARE!!! After Leo shooting the arrow though and saving him I was like yayayayay I love you Leo and was glad that he was saved. My liking for Leo went up tons this ep because of her fighting for Millihore and because of that awesome shooting skills!
Jun 7, 2011 1:59 AM

Jun 2008
Wait didn't the princess wore the ring of Shinku also? Then what where those two rings in her hand? Is there a plot hole there somewhere?

So is it common in their world to rain super evil killing swords? Just asking because no one seems to be bothered by the guy throwing evil swords around.

Emmm....Humans?
MonadJun 7, 2011 5:06 AM
Jun 7, 2011 1:59 AM

Sep 2009
Wow. This felt so much different than the rest of the series. It was good though. There was also some epic music.
Jun 7, 2011 2:04 AM

Oct 2010
hav said:
Oh, and it confuses me that the demon was sealed in the earth but came out of the sky. I know that's completely unimportant, but it's bugging me.

Me too, I couldn't come up with a logical explanation for it. (Which I like to do because sometimes I just don't get what's supposed to be happening, ya know?)

This ep, I was like, "Oh ****" and I almost thought Shinku was going to run out of energy like he did before when he was fighting the demon. All's well that ends well ( I hope), and another cliffhanger! Man.

But... I had a feeling this show would be promising. ^^

Jun 7, 2011 3:29 AM
Feb 2011
I do wish they killed a minor character. I think if the maid died protectecting one of the main characters that would be good. Hopefully a main character dies though.
Jun 7, 2011 4:07 AM

Nov 2010
Monad said:

Emmm....Humans?

think they mean the people that live on that planet (and thus translated as humans) -> just a tought tough

at first i was expecting a ZnT like but never dared expecting this :D awsome serie's (for me the echhi parts are just enough)
Jun 7, 2011 4:15 AM

Oct 2010
kickthebucket said:
Monad said:

Emmm....Humans?
think they mean the people that live on that planet (and thus translated as humans) -> just a tought tough
That's funny but I was thinking that more as that God being from earth and having come through here never could go back so its memories from the last planet being long ago may be right also in being Earth.
Monad said:
So is it common in their world to rain super evil killing swords? Just asking because no one seems to be bothered by the guy throwing evil swords around.
Again though about it, could have been a war in the heavens so to speak of a God rebelling and turning evil so as to banish it, it was done in the form of a sword so whoever takes it may be possessed in giving the Evil God a new body and since God are immortals, it had to be banished in a sword. Strangely enough.

Jun 7, 2011 5:21 AM

May 2010
Good episode 8/10.I prefer the show in its cutesy form though but still the action is also great.They switched rating too much from start it seemed like PG show then it became PG-13 now it is R-17.The next two episodes will probably focus on ways of sending Cinque back to his world.

NOW......who was saying that this show was for kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiids????

TragicRomanceJun 7, 2011 5:24 AM
Jun 7, 2011 7:31 AM

Mar 2009
Episode was really good.

Where was Yukikaze and Brioche? O_O
Jun 7, 2011 12:06 PM

Jun 2009
Everything went pretty much without any special interference from Leo, did it? Then how the fuck Milhi and Hero weren't even close to dying?
Well anyway, this was a pretty good episode, loved Leo's arrow, it was so badass.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jun 7, 2011 1:41 PM

Jul 2010
I saw purple Firefoxes. =P

Very nice episode. They saved the earth god by pulling out excali-- uuh the demon sword. Really wonder what will happen in the last two episodes.

I wonder if Leo's prediction has been altered already or if there will be more hazards in the last two episodes of the war. Eclair should be catching up with them soon as well.

Jun 7, 2011 1:43 PM

Aug 2008
Blood! Shit! There's BLOOD!!!
Jun 8, 2011 9:36 AM
Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
What really gave me a impact is the following,

Millhiore was really badly wounded there and got scrapped but still it produced a gush and to add there were some Leonmitchelli's visions mixed in what was really going. It did not help that a shock occurred in regards to the spoiler
that was sick. Not only that but it freaking swallowed the princess. I kind of knew still that she would be alive in a bubble around the monster's body. Most likely being kept to be absorbed and it was kind of dead giveaway she is alive with those 2 rings shinning. A wearer most certainly must be alive for them to do that.

At least Rebecca was very nicely done as follows,

I particularly liked the blushing there and it was nice to see her cheering Shinku. In fact it was nice to see that flashback in general with Shinku's mom supporting him and his dad. In fact Shinku tried hard to push that button and he looked cool but in the end that depression set in since he did not win #1 You see this is where it becomes interesting since he reverses his thinking into drawing more power so to not be like that anymore.

About the fight,
  • The fight's main points Leonmitchelli's blocking of the monster's tentacle ends with sharp objects with her own shield in the spoiler
    was really nice and those tentacles were pretty bad ass.

• Total WTF at the monster breaking Millhiore's small sword in the spoiler
    now that caught me by surprise and was pretty wild.

Rest in spoiler

About the storyline of the fox,
  • At first the environment in the spoiler
    did give me the feeling of desolation and wrath with the red lighting. So it was a good first impression.

• The appearance of a good spirit fox with Millhiore in the spoiler
    was what I though it would be, that of the a spirit fox being possessed by something.

Rest in spoiler

About the monster,
  • The monster's entrance in the spoiler
    was really good in the feel it gave off and the OST was nice.

• The monster’s howling in the spoiler
    was just plain insane.

Rest in spoiler

In general very good episode with much action.

Oh, c'mon man that's too many spoilers!!!!!!
Jun 8, 2011 9:48 AM

Aug 2008
Nasty001 said:
Call it "Yumekichi11's way" of episode review.
Jun 8, 2011 3:43 PM

Oct 2010
KaitoDash said:
Nasty001 said:
Call it "Yumekichi11's way" of episode review.
I knew there was too many in point format, OK next time I shall reduce it but at least it does tend to be more organized, personally this episode was the best in looking over it. I must say that I had the most fun watching it twice not even episode 9 topped that off. I should have not put that many point but that's how much praise this episode is worth. In the end it's my bad.

Jun 8, 2011 5:04 PM

Apr 2011
It seems that there will be an happy ending...

I'm a little disappointed, but it was a great episode nonetheless...

5/5
Jun 8, 2011 6:50 PM

Feb 2009
If only the whole anime were as good as this episode...
Jun 9, 2011 6:50 AM

Nov 2009
Leo going bad ass was very exciting. The tension remained high with Cinque, although maybe a bit over the top but all i have to say now is...
SNIPED!
Jun 9, 2011 4:33 PM

Apr 2011
Amazing episode, the part with the baby fox made me tear up T_T

If Dog Days was made into a full blown video game, this battle would be so EPIC to play!
Jun 12, 2011 6:20 PM

Jul 2008
I don't really understand how they were able to avoid the fate foretold by the star reading.
Jun 12, 2011 10:21 PM
Dec 2009
GarLogan78 said:
I don't really understand how they were able to avoid the fate foretold by the star reading.

The monster they defeated was the thing that was foretold to kill the princess and Cinque. They defeated it, thus no more bad omen.
Jun 13, 2011 4:46 PM
Oct 2007
Entertaining surprisingly. The show had awesome music accompany by interesting combat scenes. Story plot is on the weak side but still watchable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2011 3:27 AM

Jul 2008
bookkid900 said:
GarLogan78 said:

The monster they defeated was the thing that was foretold to kill the princess and Cinque. They defeated it, thus no more bad omen.

I understand that, but how were they able to defeat it? Like I mean obviously I watched the episode and saw them do it XD, but nothing special was done to change the star reading. Everything played out like it was supposed to except they defeated the demon instead of being killed by it. I guess I just don't understand how they were able to change what should have been the future. They were obviously going to fight against the demon, but it was foretold they would lose. Why were they able to win?
Jun 14, 2011 11:46 AM

Oct 2010
GarLogan78 said:
bookkid900 said:
GarLogan78 said:
I understand that, but how were they able to defeat it? Like I mean obviously I watched the episode and saw them do it XD, but nothing special was done to change the star reading. Everything played out like it was supposed to except they defeated the demon instead of being killed by it. I guess I just don't understand how they were able to change what should have been the future. They were obviously going to fight against the demon, but it was foretold they would lose. Why were they able to win?
In one though unpredictable elements and Leonmitchelli would have to do the star reading as things are being achieved at killing the monster to find out the exact changes because they did occur as things changed when Shinku appeared.

Jun 14, 2011 1:36 PM

Jul 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
In one though unpredictable elements and Leonmitchelli would have to do the star reading as things are being achieved at killing the monster to find out the exact changes because they did occur as things changed when Shinku appeared.

But in the star reading, once Cinque came to the land, he was also supposed to die.
Jun 14, 2011 2:30 PM

Oct 2010
GarLogan78 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
But in the star reading, once Cinque came to the land, he was also supposed to die.
That's exactly what I meant, it changed like that once Shinku came and the same should have happened with Millhiore's star reading changing as she came into contact with monster's mother. None of that was supposed to get predicted. In fact Millhiore was supposed to die during that claw slashing but that did not come true because the reading never showed after that instead she was absorbed by the monster where her wounds in stasis would get healed still with the 2 rings she had.

Things just changed suddenly and a reading would have to be done at those same exact times to see where the fate of Millhiore goes.

That's best I can explain.

Jun 14, 2011 10:22 PM

Aug 2010
Tbh, I wanted Milhi to remain nude for the fight, haha.
Jun 17, 2011 5:24 PM

Aug 2009
I was expecting Excelide to say "Yes, My Master" when it transformed into a sword ^_^
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dog Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 11, 2011

65 by ZenielDanaku »»
Feb 3, 1:43 PM

» Why the heck is the animation looks good in this anime??

RjtheGreat14 - Jul 26, 2023

8 by SurgingSoulZX »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:57 PM

Poll: » Dog Days Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Jun 25, 2011

131 by KempachiZaraki »»
Jul 19, 2023 4:23 AM

» will Dogdays get seaon 4 or it was canceled after season 3 finished airing

FL-SYNC - Apr 21, 2023

3 by Dorkave »»
Jun 9, 2023 6:56 PM

» Does dog days have any romance?

FlamingMangos - Feb 26, 2014

5 by Prizma10 »»
Dec 30, 2021 10:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.