Forum Settings
Forums

What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music!

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (72) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 16, 2011 7:05 AM

Aug 2009
makazeharuka said:

I do not the english title of this again from scarlet pimpernel (J-title: hitokakera no yuuki: a piece of courage(?) ) theme songs of the lead chara Percy

Totally late response, but this piece is simply beautiful.

Anyway, my current track is Zaz's "Je veux"; her voice reminds me slightly of Edith Piaf, and the lyrics are good too.

Jun 16, 2011 7:27 AM

Aug 2010

I just love him.

Jun 16, 2011 7:30 AM

Aug 2009
@Lumikki
Rly? I didn't think people outside the Balkans listen to him.
Jun 16, 2011 7:47 AM

Aug 2010
I listen to lots of music from different countries. (Eurovision ftw) I've several tracks from Milan, but personally I think Ovo Je Balkan is the best one.

Jun 16, 2011 8:17 AM

Aug 2009
I agree that it's the best of his songs; not surprising, considering how many renowned people worked on it.
While I don't have a particularly high opinion of the whole Eurovision thing, it is indeed a great way to discover artists from other countries. And I usually like the best and appreciate those who choose to sing in their mother tongue instead of English (well, unless English is their native lang ofc). That's a thing I like about Europe - diversity, but I digress here.
Jun 16, 2011 8:40 AM

Aug 2010
@metamorphius "hitokakera no yuuki" accompained with Aran Kei's magical voice (the actress who played the role of Percy) is even better <3<3<3<3
(ง`▽´)ง
Jun 16, 2011 1:40 PM

Aug 2010

Jun 16, 2011 9:17 PM

Jan 2011

they got big here so quick, and it's easy to see why, awesome song
Jun 16, 2011 10:24 PM

Feb 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USKw4PhVDq0
^if you dont like you dont like music
Jun 18, 2011 6:09 PM

Aug 2009
I'm listening to this, cause one of my japanese class friend's band was playing it in the bar I was before. So yeah.. I pretty much love that song to bits! ^.^

“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Jun 18, 2011 6:11 PM

Apr 2011
One of my favourite TOOL numbers:

And another favourite from them:

And a song from Van der Graaf Generator which is one of my fav progressive rock bands:
Jun 19, 2011 12:44 AM
Jun 19, 2011 3:56 AM

Mar 2009
billmurderface said:

they got big here so quick, and it's easy to see why, awesome song

Honestly don't get why they're so big. That song and The Cave are good tbf but the rest of the album is just really boring imo.

Jun 19, 2011 10:36 AM

Jan 2011
Odge said:

Honestly don't get why they're so big. That song and The Cave are good tbf but the rest of the album is just really boring imo.

well honestly a big part of the reason they blew up here is most americans, esp the youth, don't care about albums anymore. they dont even really buy them. it's all about singles and downloads. if you look at who's big now in like the pop world, they release a few catchy singles and the rest of the album is filler. it's sad, the art of a great album is dying, in popular music that is.
Jun 19, 2011 11:04 AM

Jan 2009
Watched Sucker Punch yesterday and OMG WHAT AN AWESOME MOVIE
Soundtrack rocks.

Just brutally epic.

Just... whoah, new character theme song for my character xD!
Jun 19, 2011 11:48 AM

Feb 2009
sucker punch was meh 6.5/10 id say
Jun 19, 2011 4:15 PM

Jan 2011
cheesiest video i've ever seen here...a cheesetastic classic

between the air keyboards, steve perry's hair, steve perry's tight jeans and sleeveless shirt, and steve perry..being steve perry. at about two minutes you see the slow motion walking chick with the most horrendous 80s hair i've ever seen...wow.

all that being said, i can't help but like the song. =p

Jun 19, 2011 5:20 PM

Aug 2009
@Kaito

I was planning to watch the movie one of these days. It played in only a few selected cinemas and only for a sort time, dunno why.... O.o thing is I didn't get the chance to watch it there and enjoy more the CGI and rest of the effects.. oh well i'll have to settle with my 15.4'' laptop screen.

In any case I love that kind of music, sounds awesome!! :))

@Bill

I don't know how they think the way they move and look is sexy.. cause it's only funny! xD was that ever concidered sexy?? haha
I can't really remember the time of those weird hairstyles.. *thankfully* but truth is I like watching it nevertheless, dunno how to explain that.. xD And I def prefer watching this to some half naked voiceless chick of today moving up and down like a slut in the whole vid.. this at least has some sort of style.

Despite all that, the song is freakin' awesome!!! Loved it, going to hear it again now! thnx for the add! :)
Jun 19, 2011 5:28 PM
Jun 19, 2011 5:39 PM

Jan 2011
JusticeUndone said:

@Bill

I don't know how they think the way they move and look is sexy.. cause it's only funny! xD was that ever concidered sexy?? haha
I can't really remember the time of those weird hairstyles.. *thankfully* but truth is I like watching it nevertheless, dunno how to explain that.. xD And I def prefer watching this to some half naked voiceless chick of today moving up and down like a slut in the whole vid.. this at least has some sort of style.

Despite all that, the song is freakin' awesome!!! Loved it, going to hear it again now! thnx for the add! :)

i don't know how anyone in that video could have kept a straight face. when they're all up there on those pallets, doing...whatever those moves were. scary. unfortunately i'm old enough to remember, and knew people (ahem, my sister) who had those hairstyles. they were something to behold. i agree about the new vids with just ass-shaking voids of talent in them. it's a shame what's happened. not that i'm against sexy music vids or anything...but look at madonna back in the day. she made it art.

glad you like the song so much. always been my fave journey song =D
Jun 19, 2011 6:26 PM

Aug 2009
billmurderface said:

i don't know how anyone in that video could have kept a straight face. when they're all up there on those pallets, doing...whatever those moves were. scary. unfortunately i'm old enough to remember, and knew people (ahem, my sister) who had those hairstyles. they were something to behold. i agree about the new vids with just ass-shaking voids of talent in them. it's a shame what's happened. not that i'm against sexy music vids or anything...but look at madonna back in the day. she made it art.

glad you like the song so much. always been my fave journey song =D

i'm afraid they might have thought this was seductive! LOL
oh I need to see a pic of that! No offence, but I don't get why that sort of hair was thought to be nice.. it seems so alien to me, in the bad term of the word!
I'm not against sexy vids either.. like some of Justin Timberlake's vids, but I don't like the sluty ones with girls with no style moving their ass allover my PC screen.. i need to clean that screen afterwards! xD Anyway, I like to hear a good voice for starters, the rest is just an add.

Yes I enjoyed it big time! :D I love this kind of music! ^.^
Jun 19, 2011 7:23 PM

Jan 2011
JusticeUndone said:

i'm afraid they might have thought this was seductive! LOL
oh I need to see a pic of that! No offence, but I don't get why that sort of hair was thought to be nice.. it seems so alien to me, in the bad term of the word!
I'm not against sexy vids either.. like some of Justin Timberlake's vids, but I don't like the sluty ones with girls with no style moving their ass allover my PC screen.. i need to clean that screen afterwards! xD Anyway, I like to hear a good voice for starters, the rest is just an add.

Yes I enjoyed it big time! :D I love this kind of music! ^.^

no offense taken, when i showed her a picture of her hair like that when she visited a couple years ago, her head seemed to hang with shame. the only pic i can seem to find i'm also in, as a very young child (she's 10 years older) and...yeah i don't think that's gonna happen =p. it's christmas morning and i'm in Ninja Turtle PJs.

yeah the music and voice is def first, but artists today dont seem to have either in those vids...sad really.
Jun 20, 2011 11:44 AM
Jun 22, 2011 8:04 PM

Mar 2010
Kaito-Chan said:
Watched Sucker Punch yesterday and OMG WHAT AN AWESOME MOVIE
Soundtrack rocks.

I definitely agree with you there. Army of me and the covers they had for Where is my mind? and the Tomorrow Never Knows were my favorites. Even if you don't like the movie you'd had to give them props for the soundtrack.
Jun 23, 2011 9:11 PM

Feb 2009
Jun 28, 2011 12:12 AM

Feb 2009
Amon Amarth - ...And Soon The World Will Cease To Be
Jun 28, 2011 2:49 AM

Aug 2010
on replay:

Jun 28, 2011 3:08 PM
Apr 2010
The two songs that I have bookmarked to find easily.

Jun 28, 2011 5:04 PM

Feb 2009
all that remains - two weeks
Jun 28, 2011 5:35 PM

Jan 2011
one of my all time faves, listen to it almost every day

Jun 29, 2011 4:24 PM

Aug 2010
Премьер-Министр : Девочка с Севера

я люблю эта песня !

( oh my, my russian sucks lol)

Jun 29, 2011 4:47 PM

Aug 2009
wow really happy and relaxing music the last posts I saw.
I'm gonna "ruin" the atmoshpere kinda.. :P

First I'm gonna post sth that I was listening to most of the afternoon.
I'm sorry, but it's Dubstep! xD I've got a whole list of those in my YT account and it's growing! :P This is by Skrillex, he's quite famous in the Dubstep world. It might sound like just noise, but for me it's more like an expression of how music changes looking to a new future, and I like that sound tons. For me this is evolution! The part that has a few "singing" reminds me of some of my projects for uni that I was putting the music backwards. It's amazing how the impression of the same track can change by remixing it so hard like that.

Ok, then since Lumikki mentioned Russian, I remember learning about this song from a fellow vidder on Youtube, who became one of my very best online friends afterwards.

The lyrics are soooo effin' SCARY SHIT!!! srsly, try searching for them! *goosebumps*
Jun 29, 2011 8:01 PM

Feb 2009
lol they as messed up as a lot of rammsteins lyrics?
Jun 30, 2011 5:22 AM

Aug 2009
@Corsair

they are not dirty kind of messed up, they are just messed up in a scary way.. do i make sense? :PP if not then let me find the lyrics translated..

I can't seem to find the lyrics in English right now, and the vid of my friend that had them is not there. I put the translator, and although I don't know Russian, I kind of remember how they were going. I'll put them here so you can take a general idea of what it was all about. If anyone knows Russian, (Lumikki maybe?) pls help with the translation! ^.^

In any case, the general story is this woman that is very jealous of another woman that is beautiful and so perfect, so she sort of takes her away to sth that sounded a lot like hell to me, well surely to a NOT so nice place.. where the dogs tear her apart and she is drowning in Formalin. And then she takes her place, her feautures and even her clothes and pretends to be her.

JusticeUndoneJun 30, 2011 5:29 AM
Jun 30, 2011 3:50 PM

Jun 2011
http://soundcloud.com/zedsdead/mini-mix-for-bbc-radio-1

@Justice
if u search another great channel try that one...there are new ups every day

@lumikki

yeah someone who speaks russian \o/....but i think ive spoken it at last for 5 years ago....so my russian sucks more at least i can read and understand yours.
FuchursRvngJun 30, 2011 4:27 PM
Jun 30, 2011 4:42 PM

Aug 2010
@Justice
I can try, my russian isn't that good tho. So take your time, I'll start translating tomorrow.

@FR

Glad you understood me :D ( that means my awkward sentence was right o/)

Jun 30, 2011 5:05 PM

Aug 2009
JusticeUndone said:

Ok, then since Lumikki mentioned Russian, I remember learning about this song from a fellow vidder on Youtube, who became one of my very best online friends afterwards.

The lyrics are soooo effin' SCARY SHIT!!! srsly, try searching for them! *goosebumps*

You're right, the lyrics are pretty eerie and disturbing in a way, at least from what I understood, and my Russian sucks big time so...but I got the big picture. Now I think I'm gonna try listening to a few of their songs on youtube.

EDIT: Oh, I haven't seen the lyrics in that spoiler. So I guess understood it pretty much.

And since we're posting Russian songs already here's my contribution as well (I just love Larisa's voice) - much 'lighter' song than Justice's though.
Of course, this is pretty much a cover of a well-know duet (I suppose you can guess which one ;)

metamorphiusJun 30, 2011 5:25 PM
Jul 1, 2011 2:49 AM

Aug 2010
Дима Билан ^Д^ My friend loves him to bits :D But he has a few good songs indeed.

Maybe Meta is better translator than me. She's already speaking a slavic language as your native right?

I can understand everything about this song xD Okey there are subs in estonian which I can understand almost perfectly ( cheating!!). I always die at 2:15 ( you'll know why if you watch that video lol) Eurovision ftw.

Jul 1, 2011 3:03 AM

Aug 2009
Ahahaha, Lumikki, what is that song? xD Those guys are hilarious.
Yes, I can understand the lyrics (I'm cheating as well, since except for the refrain that changes they're in Serbian which, being from Croatia, I can of course speak), but it's not like they make much sense anyway, it's totally random; that's probably the whole point.

I have several friend myself that LOVE Dima; I'm personally not a big fan of him, but there are some of his songs I love.
metamorphiusJul 1, 2011 3:12 AM
Jul 1, 2011 3:44 AM

Aug 2010

*whistles*
(ง`▽´)ง
Jul 1, 2011 4:00 AM

Aug 2010
Wow you can understand lots of languages, Meta! Sometimes I wish I could speak some Indo-European language as a native instead of this random ufo (read Uralic) language. >.< Life would've been so much easier. Like only big relative languages for Finnish are Estonian and Hungarian. I can understand Estonian very well like I said but Hungarian not.

Dima is so syrup :P It's def understandable why girls are attracted to him so badly.

Jul 1, 2011 5:03 AM

Aug 2009
Oh? And I actually like Finnish. The first time I heard it being spoken was nearly a decade ago in an interview with Mika Hakkinen, and I thought 'this is completely different from any language I've heard'.
Jul 1, 2011 5:40 AM

Aug 2009
@FuR

That sounded really great!!

@ meta

The lyrics are really disturbing indeed, but I love that in that song for that. So creepy and awesome!!! The band is named Fleur, and from what I know their style is similar to the song I posted. They remind me of folk music, sometimes just a little Lof oreena McKennit, although Loreena can't be compared to anyone else.

I was never a big fan of Dima. I didn't like the song he won with in Eurovision. But I liked the song he had come with in Athens tbh.
Still, I really like the song you posted as a song and I didn't think it would work in Russian but it did and it sounds awesome! Great video too.

@Lumikki

wow, what's that?! xD It's fuckin' epic!!! Sardine and lobster? wtf? that made me hungry!!! LOL

@makazeharuka

E kala auto den perimena na to dw me tin kammia edw!!!! :P Elpizw na min petaksei kaneis kammia eksypnada! xD I prwti mas dimosia emfanisi. lmao
Jul 1, 2011 6:35 AM

Aug 2010
JusticeUndone said:

@makazeharuka

E kala auto den perimena na to dw me tin kammia edw!!!! :P Elpizw na min petaksei kaneis kammia eksypnada! xD I prwti mas dimosia emfanisi. lmao

de tha ta vapsoume kai mavra ama petaksoun LOL, mexri stigmis 4 likes :P
(ง`▽´)ง
Jul 1, 2011 6:47 AM

Aug 2009
makazeharuka said:
JusticeUndone said:

@makazeharuka

de tha ta vapsoume kai mavra ama petaksoun LOL, mexri stigmis 4 likes :P

kala swsta.. :P ki an den tous aresei den exoun styl kai einai amousoi!! ki egw eugenestati!! den kserw an eimai prokatilimeni epeidi eimaste emeis, alla emena mou fainetai poly teleio!!! hihihi
btw to ena like einai diko m! xD haha

asxeto alla gmt exw kanei 100 edit giati den borw na ftiaksw to skato quote!!! xDDD
edit 101: to ftiaksa!!! ma ti einai auto m'emena kai ta quote pia! hahaha

JusticeUndoneJul 1, 2011 6:51 AM
Jul 1, 2011 7:01 AM

Aug 2010
metamorphius said:
Oh? And I actually like Finnish. The first time I heard it being spoken was nearly a decade ago in an interview with Mika Hakkinen, and I thought 'this is completely different from any language I've heard'.

Mika Häkkinen :'D

I don't even want to know more about it....

@Justice and Maka

Kala auto O_____o what that means? ( that's 'fish car' in finnish 8D)

But listening to Angel Beats soundtrack atm.

Jul 1, 2011 7:29 AM

Mar 2009

:D
Jul 1, 2011 10:04 AM

Aug 2010
JusticeUndone said:

kala swsta.. :P ki an den tous aresei den exoun styl kai einai amousoi!! ki egw eugenestati!! den kserw an eimai prokatilimeni epeidi eimaste emeis, alla emena mou fainetai poly teleio!!! hihihi
btw to ena like einai diko m! xD haha
asxeto alla gmt exw kanei 100 edit giati den borw na ftiaksw to skato quote!!! xDDD
edit 101: to ftiaksa!!! ma ti einai auto m'emena kai ta quote pia! hahaha

lol kai ena like diko mou :P AHAHAHHA oso gia ta quotia skata ta kaneis kathe fora sorry kiolas AHAHAHHA

Lumikki said:

@Justice and Maka

Kala auto O_____o what that means? ( that's 'fish car' in finnish 8D)

Kala = good
ayto = this
but this is more of a saying that anything else, the way Justice said it is like: "Oh my!! THIS...!"
(ง`▽´)ง
Jul 2, 2011 2:18 PM

Aug 2010
^

Alright I got it! Now I can speak some greek.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (72) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Hi!I am... :) ~ Introductions ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Mar 12, 2011

5705 by tamilanime »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM

» [Game] Last Letter - Anime Edition ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kumquat123 - Feb 18, 2012

3116 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.