Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2011 7:27 PM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And thus, the Sunsa arc ends with the SO unexpected revelation that Chirico is a Perfect Soldier. What a shocker! As I was about to send all the curses I could think of to the creators of the show, it is then explained (not clearly, but implied) that Chirico is not a PS by the same definition as Fyana and Ypsilon: those two are PS because they were created as so. Chirico, on the other hand, CAN be called a perfect soldier in the more literal sense due to his inhuman abilities and battle sense, which were not (as far as we know) enhanced.

Rochina obviously knows much more than he's letting on and he sends Chirico to Quent (or Quant, or whatever), where it will all be explained... hopefully.
Once again, for the god-knows-what-th time, everyone is separated, though, of course, just like on all the other times, they'll most likely be reunited when it's most convenient to Chirico plot wise.

Judging from the preview, next episode is a recap of Sunsa arc, which is quite weird, since we got two recaps of the Uoodo arc and no recap of Kummen. Initially, I thought that the events on Uoodo were probably important for Sunsa, but it turns out they were irrelevant, so now I guess that, like me, the creators are just not very fond of the Kummen arc. xD
May 29, 2011 12:36 PM

Apr 2009
Looks like my earlier speculation was right, Chirico is PS by natural ability and not by micro-cybernetic enhancemnts which (again a speculation) needs a regular maintenance of jijirium.

Wonder what's on Quaint? I'm excited for the next episode.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 25, 2011 9:24 AM

Jul 2009
After watching Red shoulder document OVA I knew Chirico was a PS. And as a bonus he has tons of experience which other PS lack.

I wish he started painting his ATs shoulder again heheh.

And where's Pailsen? He surely is involved in this...
Nov 9, 2011 12:15 AM

Jun 2010
So after 39 episodes of chasing Fyana across the galaxy the first thing Chirico does when he's finally together with her without anyone chasing them is...leave her behind.

This story just leaped off the tracks.
Jul 28, 2015 4:00 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
No surprises with Chirico being a PS. And we finally are rid of Ypisilon who was a bit of a boring adversary to be honest.

New arc coming up?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 29, 2017 3:32 PM

Jul 2012
Arcanus said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
And thus, the Sunsa arc ends with the SO unexpected revelation that Chirico is a Perfect Soldier. What a shocker! As I was about to send all the curses I could think of to the creators of the show, it is then explained (not clearly, but implied) that Chirico is not a PS by the same definition as Fyana and Ypsilon: those two are PS because they were created as so. Chirico, on the other hand, CAN be called a perfect soldier in the more literal sense due to his inhuman abilities and battle sense, which were not (as far as we know) enhanced.

Rochina obviously knows much more than he's letting on and he sends Chirico to Quent (or Quant, or whatever), where it will all be explained... hopefully.
Once again, for the god-knows-what-th time, everyone is separated, though, of course, just like on all the other times, they'll most likely be reunited when it's most convenient to Chirico plot wise.

Judging from the preview, next episode is a recap of Sunsa arc, which is quite weird, since we got two recaps of the Uoodo arc and no recap of Kummen. Initially, I thought that the events on Uoodo were probably important for Sunsa, but it turns out they were irrelevant, so now I guess that, like me, the creators are just not very fond of the Kummen arc. xD

So, in other words, Chirico is a Newtype, and Fyana and Ypsilon are Cyber-Newtypes. ;-)
Sep 2, 2019 11:21 AM

Jun 2014
So, it appears that Chirico is indeed, some sort of PS, and his answers will be found in "Quaint."

Jan 22, 2020 4:56 PM

Mar 2013
I honestly have no idea why this series is so famous to the point where many mecha fans put it on par with the original Gundam and Zeta. Other than the Kummen arc, the entire show has been quite boring and Chirico is so autistic that he might be the worst protagonist i've seen in an action anime. And that includes Goku.

I like the robot fights and designs but the overall world seems poorly designed. The characters are absolutely terrible, especially Coconna, Fyana and Chirico himself. The "plot twist" that he is a PS as well could be seen from miles away.

I'll just finish watching it because it'd be kinda dumb to stop at this point but this is worse than the worst Gundam series.
Sep 7, 2022 9:19 PM
May 2018
CountZeroOr said:
Arcanus said:

So, in other words, Chirico is a Newtype, and Fyana and Ypsilon are Cyber-Newtypes. ;-)

I was telling myself Chirico was giving me newtype vibes since he was shown to fight on par with the PS’ hilarious

More topics from this board

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 9 Discussion

tofei - May 23, 2011

14 by PlasticRobot »»
Apr 3, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 7 Discussion

tofei - May 22, 2011

13 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 12, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 52 Discussion

Echelon - Sep 13, 2008

29 by walla »»
Jan 14, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 2 Discussion

Beatnik - Oct 19, 2009

13 by sakurology »»
Nov 4, 2023 12:56 AM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 1 Discussion

Beatnik - Oct 19, 2009

18 by sakurology »»
Nov 4, 2023 12:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.