Forum Settings
Forums

Ninomiya Tomoko To Start New Manga in Jump X

New
May 25, 2011 8:18 PM

Feb 2008
According to Comic Natalie, Shueisha has announced a new monthly magazine "Jump Χ (kai)". Ninomiya Tomoko will start a new manga series in the magazine. The first issue will be released on June 25th.

Key illustration of Ninomiya's new manga

Shueisha aims to attract both seinen and jyosei demographics with the new magazine.

Initial line-ups of the authors:
Ninomiya Tomoko
Ishikawa Yugo
Saku Yukizo ("Hakuba no Oujisama")
Kurebayashi Nao
Nemu Yoko
Masuda Kosuke
Takatoh Rui
Shoji Hiroyuki

Source: Comic Natalie
dtshykMay 25, 2011 8:19 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 25, 2011 9:40 PM

Jun 2010
Both Seinen and Jyosei demographics, huh? Awesome.
May 25, 2011 10:26 PM

Feb 2010
I'm totally behind this. I haven't read much of Nodame Cantabile yet, but what I have read is great, and a combination of two genres could make for something great.
May 25, 2011 11:05 PM

Jun 2009
looks great both 18 men and woman this will be a godly manga
May 26, 2011 2:32 AM

Jun 2010
looking forward for this
May 26, 2011 3:20 AM
May 2009
With such art it'll be hard to attract guys, who aren't into shoujo works anyway. But well, there'll be other manga in that magazine as well, so maybe it'll work out.
May 26, 2011 3:32 AM

Feb 2010
It sounded good until I saw the illustrations. It's clearly drawn in a shoujo/josei style that won't attract most men. I personally won't be reading it if it looks like that because it just looks off to me.
May 26, 2011 4:40 AM

Jun 2009
2 guys 1 girl... better pass on it
May 26, 2011 5:24 AM

Jan 2010
Reading if it gets translated.
May 26, 2011 5:35 AM

Nov 2008
I think people are misunderstanding here.

The MAGAZINE is aimed at both seinen and josei audiences, not Ninomiya Tomoko's manga in particular.

In other words, the magazine will have a mixture of seinen and josei series. However, not all of the series featured in the magazine will be liked by both genders, but there will be series that should attract both genders between them.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
May 26, 2011 6:14 AM
May 2009
FOE-tan said:

In other words, the magazine will have a mixture of seinen and josei series. However, not all of the series featured in the magazine will be liked by both genders, but there will be series that should attract both genders between them.

That's stupid though. Just make two magazines.
Such a magazine should really have only manga which are aimed at both genders (sort of). Nobody wants to buy a magazine where half of the manga are uninteresting by default if you can just buy a normal seinen or josei magazine.
So each manga should be interesting for both genders, if you want to make such a magazine.
May 26, 2011 6:18 AM

Nov 2008
looks like another Nodame Cantabile for sure i can't wait to read it but it's a monthly i kinda don't like to wait that long lol
May 26, 2011 7:03 AM

Feb 2010
the boy without glasses seems like jr. chiaki to me. maybe he's their son. ( ̄∀ ̄)
whatever, i hope some group translate it.

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
May 26, 2011 2:15 PM

Aug 2008
Interest level went down once I saw "Josei"
Meh,

But I'll check it out since it said Seinen

May 26, 2011 3:07 PM

Jul 2009
This looks like an awful line-up of mangaka, personally including Tomoko herself
May 26, 2011 3:20 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Kiru_im_Ufo said:
FOE-tan said:

That's stupid though. Just make two magazines.
Such a magazine should really have only manga which are aimed at both genders (sort of). Nobody wants to buy a magazine where half of the manga are uninteresting by default if you can just buy a normal seinen or josei magazine.
So each manga should be interesting for both genders, if you want to make such a magazine.

hm, there are people out there who are interested in both genres (seinen AND josei), notably me, who would like a good grab bag of quality mature manga series.

And please don't tell me Nodame Cantabile doesn't have male fans.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 26, 2011 7:16 PM

Jan 2011
Interesting new magazine for Seinen and Josei can't wait for it.

Reading it most likely if translated

I am a man than can make the impossible, possible.
May 27, 2011 12:59 AM

May 2010
IZUMI64 said:
2 guys 1 girl... better pass on it

True .
May 27, 2011 1:01 AM

Mar 2009
I don't think I'd like it but who knows.
May 27, 2011 1:11 AM
May 2009
wakka9ca said:

hm, there are people out there who are interested in both genres (seinen AND josei), notably me, who would like a good grab bag of quality mature manga series.

And please don't tell me Nodame Cantabile doesn't have male fans.

If you like josei anyway, you can buy those josei-magazines just fine. If you like seinen, you can also buy seinen-magazines. Mixing them means, they want to attract new readers, some who would never buy a josei-magazine but like their seinen. (or vice-versa)

Of course, if they want only to target those who like both... but that's imo weird as well. Why would you want to target the intersection of seinen and josei. It's most likely much less than one of those groups alone.
So closing the distance between "typical seinen" and "typical josei"... whatever those are... is the way to go if you want to get more interested. There are really more than enough manga out there which can be easily read by both genders. (And I don't mean stuff like Nodame which just has the typical amount of guys enjoying it, which isn't really more than any good josei has I'd think)
May 27, 2011 2:04 AM

Sep 2010
Thats quite a line up of mangakas, good luck i say.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Edens Zero' Manga Ends in Five Chapters

DatRandomDude - May 21

14 by Yubisoft »»
47 minutes ago

» Manga 'Darwin Jihen' Gets TV Anime

DatRandomDude - May 21

14 by Zedlin »»
6 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

45 by nectror »»
11 hours ago

» Kinema Citrus Announces 'Sayonara Lara', 'Ninja Skooler' Original Anime

DatRandomDude - May 18

20 by IdaB »»
Yesterday, 1:26 PM

» 'Diamond no Ace: Act II' TV Anime Sequel in Production

Vindstot - May 18

22 by Lili-chwaaan »»
Yesterday, 11:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.