Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2011 4:40 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I am getting mightily tired of Chirico being captured by the enemy over and over again, and then he get's rescued/escaped one way or another. I'm not even halfway through this series, should I expect more captures and escapes later? >_< Aside from that Ypsilon looks like one tough customer.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 12, 2011 2:17 PM

Jul 2009
Well, him being captured is due to various reasons. If i were to give one that would stick with many other animes, it would mainly be this : He's using a totally normal unit, that's not special in any way, therefore it's easily destroyable and therefore he's easily capturable. In how many cases where one person has a special unit, does he/she get caught all the time?
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jul 13, 2015 11:42 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Yes, he get captured, but he also gets beat a lot unlike the MC's of today. His principal talent is his incredible resilience and toughness. He keeps on gettin up.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 29, 2019 6:41 PM

Jun 2014
Chirico has once again located Fyana, but after she broke him out of that dungeon, she wouldn't escape with him, as she feels that she will simply continue to be hunted down.

Monica helped Chirico escape, as a way of thanking him for saving her life during the "Russian Roulette" moment.

Feb 18, 2021 9:20 AM

Jul 2016
Show was getting rather stale, but since this current arc it has really turned around. Love the jungle setting, Chirico showing some personality and Kan Yu being a heel you really despise.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 9 Discussion

tofei - May 23, 2011

14 by PlasticRobot »»
Apr 3, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 7 Discussion

tofei - May 22, 2011

13 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 12, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 52 Discussion

Echelon - Sep 13, 2008

29 by walla »»
Jan 14, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 2 Discussion

Beatnik - Oct 19, 2009

13 by sakurology »»
Nov 4, 2023 12:56 AM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 1 Discussion

Beatnik - Oct 19, 2009

18 by sakurology »»
Nov 4, 2023 12:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.