Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2011 11:37 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So the Prototype can't lie? Anyway Coconna's starting to annoy me by being too clingy to Chirico and acting immature and whiny. And it seems like Vanilla is a former pilot? Interesting!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 11, 2011 1:40 PM

Jul 2009
Vanilla's showed some skill in earlier episodes, and being a former pilot could explain that.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jun 5, 2012 4:32 AM

Jun 2008
tofei said:
So the Prototype can't lie? Anyway Coconna's starting to annoy me by being too clingy to Chirico and acting immature and whiny. And it seems like Vanilla is a former pilot? Interesting!

It seems she almost got sent to a far away place for daily rape and birthing so i don't accuse her for being all that whiny there. She had the scare of her life.
Nov 28, 2013 8:02 AM

Oct 2011
Yeah, the definitely implied that Coconna got raped there. Pretty hardcore.
Jun 2, 2014 8:01 AM

Nov 2013
I thought all the bikers were dead, anyway I'd feel more sorry for Cocanna if her character design wasn't so irritating, seriously what is wrong with her thighs?

I'd be less bothered with it if they actually mentioned it during the show but theirs no one telling her to lay off the rations or the bikers making lewd comments about birthing hips or moments where she gets stuck in a small vent or anything like that.

Heck is it even psychical or does she just wear really baggy pants? Is there a shower scene or something that might explain this?

My problems with Cocanna aside this was a pretty decent episode maybe we'l see a flashback about Vanilla piloting during the war since we haven't seen much of said war so far.
Jun 2, 2015 6:29 AM

Feb 2008
Bubcus93 said:
seriously what is wrong with her thighs?

I don't think she really has tumors in her thights haha, it's just really baggy pants which make her kinda cute.

Looks like the bikers are back and started making a breeding colony. Poor Coconna, got raped by the silly gang. Not really the best way to get your character raped.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Aug 27, 2019 5:39 PM

Jun 2014
Coconna suffered bad at the hands of the bikers.

Chirico and the crew pulled off their plan, and he's hoping that the prototype will come for him.

May 15, 2022 12:05 PM

Jul 2013
I don't think there's really any definitive evidence that she got raped. Looked more like she got roughed up and released because she told them about the heist.

But anime series have pretty bad track record when it comes to glossing over rape so who knows.

Sep 6, 2022 5:55 PM
Mar 2021
Lol they just mercilessly slaughter the police force every time they wanna steal something.
Savage.
Dec 12, 2022 10:40 PM

Jul 2016
very interesting relationship between the prototype and chirico. they believe she cannot lie but i'd wager she can and did.
Feb 13, 2023 1:43 PM

Nov 2019
i hate her so much i want her dead
Apr 7, 2023 1:12 AM

May 2009
R*pe isn't funny and I'm disgusted at how it's being treated as a comic relief thing and a plot trigger. The viewer is supposed to laugh at Coconna's reactions to the traumatising event and in fact, not a single
male character that's supposed to be on her side is concerned for her. Instead, her male allies are angry at her that she revealed their plans to the kidnappers and r*pists so she could have a chance at escaping. I don't care how old this anime is, situations like these were never, are not and will never be okay or funny.

Also, Chirico's starting to annoy me with his lack of personality. He speaks so rarely and never shows any emotion. It's hard to connect and relate to a character like this. 
Gaming channel just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/cataorshane
May 23, 2023 6:30 PM
Jul 2018
This episode is wild, probably one of my favorites so far. Between Chirico's PTSD and Vanilla's ingenuity. Yoshikawa and Toriumi really covered the tone of the series in under seven episodes and I'm still surprised.
Feb 12, 8:46 PM
Nov 2009
its implied that Coconna was raped and then she comes back to hearing that they wouldnt even bother looking for her because shes 'just one girl; so I don't blame her for being upset

More topics from this board

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 9 Discussion

tofei - May 23, 2011

14 by PlasticRobot »»
Apr 3, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 52 Discussion

Echelon - Sep 13, 2008

29 by walla »»
Jan 14, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 2 Discussion

Beatnik - Oct 19, 2009

13 by sakurology »»
Nov 4, 2023 12:56 AM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 1 Discussion

Beatnik - Oct 19, 2009

18 by sakurology »»
Nov 4, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 26 Discussion

tofei - May 24, 2011

8 by walla »»
Oct 30, 2023 9:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.