Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2011 7:55 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was a recap episode, but I really didn't mind, since I enjoy Monster. :3
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Nov 10, 2013 2:56 AM

Jul 2009
what the hell no one commented here O__O

despite a recap episode i remembered alot of things that had happened in the first half of the series ^^

seeing Tenma drunk was funny as hell XD

and he cries alot here, in the later episodes he never cries other than someones death.

still remember Eva being a bitch to Tenma. in face, i also hated his father for acting all mighty and shit.

they also showed the only incident where we see Johan actually doing the murder act on someone live. i wished Johan would used the handgun more in the later episodes! we usually don't see it on any of the episodes.

also Dieter's father was a fucking asshole, i wonder if he had survived in the series?

and finally they introduced to us that Johan may have a personality disorder.

read this AFTER you have finished the series

and wow i missed the original ED!!! even though i began to like the 2nd ED especially during sad moments, the 1st ED is brilliant as well!!

i wonder why they stop doing any recaps anymore? even though there are already quite few flashbacks and recap episodes in the main series, i still think they should have put all those recaps in this extra series instead of inserting it in the middle of each episodes.

in any case, more Monster is always welcome. just finished the last episode 74 a few hours ago and wow what a ride!!!!!!

this is definitely one of my favorite animes of all time!!!!!

pure 100% MASTERPIECE!!!
Mar 28, 2014 1:45 AM

Oct 2013
Nice reminder

Apr 27, 2015 12:14 PM

May 2014
Eh, watched this after I finished the series, so... Nah.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Jun 19, 2015 7:48 PM

Jun 2012
I cant believe they went through that much in only 17 eps.
Jan 11, 2016 2:46 AM

Dec 2007
Damn that made me re-watch the whole thing again.

It's amazing how much pure story was covered in 17 episodes. That recap felt like it went through much more than 17.
Feb 27, 2016 5:37 AM

Mar 2015
not bad for a recap episode.
Jun 5, 2017 8:45 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Watched this after watching the original more than a year later. Definitely revived the mystery and thrill that I had back when I was watching it.
Jun 16, 2017 12:12 PM

May 2015
A recap and I remember that was a complete mind f*ck the first time I saw that revelation about Johan...
Feb 20, 2019 1:43 PM
Apr 2016
Eh, great to refresh myself on the story-- or the beginning... well, I finished the entire show today, soo idk how to feel about this.
Apr 12, 2019 2:36 AM

May 2015
It's amazing how much story was packed in 17 episodes. This affirms my belief that the story could have been condensed in 40-50 episodes. Second half of the series wasn't as great as the second half.
Jan 21, 2020 6:51 AM

Jan 2013
anikevin said:
It's amazing how much story was packed in 17 episodes. This affirms my belief that the story could have been condensed in 40-50 episodes. Second half of the series wasn't as great as the second half.

Agreed.
The story was understandable even in a 24 minute episode, even when I hadn't seen the show since 2013 x)
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.