Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 25, 2007 3:14 AM

Jun 2007
ok after watching Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (Rumbling Hearts) I was touched. It truly brought a tear to my cold heart. Now after watching Akane Maniax I feel like I want to kill something. It was definitly a 360 from RH. The main character is fucken nuts. He reminds me of a John Rambo with a Gundam on speed. Why the hell did they add in all that random ass mecha stuff? I mean, I love mecha stuff as much as the next guy but there was really no place for it in this ova. It only made the show more confusing. Speaking of confusing, the dreams the guy has messed up allot of stuff. I couldn't tell half the time when he was day dreaming about Akane if it was a dream or really happening.

Also after watching this it left me with loads of unanswered questions...for example why was Hayase, Mitsuki in a limo dressed sexy and holding a katana? Also how did she know the moron main character, what did she want to tell him and why did he transfer....I was totally lost at that ending part. Did Takayuki Narumi get some job that paid allot or something? Thats the only answer that I can think up for the reason why Mitsuki was in a limo. Also why was Suzumiya, Haruka in her room holding onto the book Narumi gave her in the dark? Was she just reflecting on the past or something? I was a bit confused. I would have thought she would be busy making more books.

Also I heard that Takayuki Narumi was supposed to make an appearance but I didn't notice him anywhere. Did anyone see him other then in Akanes dreams? There was some other questions that poped up when I was watching but I guess I forgot them...

Answers to these questions would put my mind as ease.

Jul 26, 2007 4:20 AM

Apr 2007
Uh, that wasnt Mitsuki in the car at the end, just some random person that had a few seconds of screening time...

And i just finished this, it was torture, but i finished it so i can write a proper review on it. It was a disgrace to Kimi Ga Nozumu Eien.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2007 9:22 PM

Jun 2007
You sure it wasn't? The sub I saw, he called her Mitsuki. Maybe they messed up that part xD.
Dec 1, 2007 8:37 AM

Dec 2007
I really like Kimi ga Nozomu Eien but this is the most awful OVA one could ever imagine... The wannabe comedy, the stupid daydreaming and the foolish protagonist. Re-watch value: Very Low. I won't ever watch this torture again!
Dec 1, 2007 10:06 AM

Jul 2007
I don't think the OVA was really supposed to have a big connection to the KGNE story, it was more of a random OVA series with Akane in it xD
Dec 16, 2007 6:57 PM

Jul 2007
anyway that was one of the worst anime i seen in my life and a big shame for the name of Kimi ga nozomu eien
Jun 19, 2008 7:33 AM

Nov 2007
Its like they tried to make the most annoying character ever, geez. I just hoped the third episode would make it right but it didn't. Turned out to be one of the worst endings ever.
Feb 3, 2009 10:16 AM

Nov 2007
Mitsurugi Meia is a char from the game that also made the KGNE game called Muv-Luv and the reason why Mitsurugi wanted Gouda to come with her was cuz he's an extra char in the game. Some of Akane's classmates came from Muv-Luv as well.
Jul 18, 2009 6:18 AM
Jul 2018
this is so fail
Jul 31, 2009 1:43 AM

Nov 2007
I doont' give a damn about KGNE, btu this OVA is awesome. The main character is Domon Kasshu!!!
Sep 4, 2009 10:53 AM

Jul 2009
2009digitalboy said:
I doont' give a damn about KGNE, btu this OVA is awesome. The main character is Domon Kasshu!!!

I think that too! I loved this OVA! Even if the only reason I watched this was because the main character here was featured on Lucky Star... Haha...

Still, this was awesome, and even if I haven't watched the original drama series, I can say that I won't like it anyway. Because I just Ha~~~~te Drama Anime.
Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle!
May 1, 2010 6:55 PM

Jul 2009
Personally, it was OK for me. It was a GIGANTIC comic relief, one that is deserving for KGNE.

Overall, the OVA did its job for me. It gave me a different perspective for Akane, which I truly appreciate.

But wait, so, Akane likes the main character, huh. Is it like or love? I'm guessing love but, why would she go for America then? To achieve her dreams because that is all she has left? That's fine... but for once, I am at lost.
Jul 29, 2010 1:03 PM

Jul 2010
i really liked it it was rlly funny sure it was kind of a spin-off to KGNE. so comparing it with eacchother is pretty useless it's more like a little extra. anyway it was very fun to watch except for the end of the ova of ep3. it felt kinda unsatisfying.i'll probably rewatch it again.
Sep 26, 2010 4:11 PM

Apr 2008
Yeah, this wasn't a total train wreck for me considering, I was already familiar with the backstory of both Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien and Muv-Luv. I guess the problem with this OVA was the fact that most viewers were fans of KGNE and expected this to be some sort of sequel involving the sister of Haruka. They didn't understand why all this slapstick comedy and high school craziness was occurring, due to the fact that they didn't realize that Akane was also a character to the game Muv-Luv as well.

I'm guessing the studio was testing the waters for a Muv-Luv spinoff and at the same time trying to make an extra buck from the KGNE fans.
Nov 7, 2010 3:20 AM

Aug 2009
I didn't watched Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Maybe I will never watch. I wanted some spin-off with a hot-blooded main cast, and I got it.
It was waaay stupid at moments, but it was pretty funny, including his mental films. Everyone needs some time a dose of nekketsu in their life to keep going on.

The ending... well, I'll try to forget it. Shimura Shinpachi doesn't get that violent for that reason.

As some girl said: "Fun things are fun."
Nov 10, 2010 10:33 AM
Mar 2010
Well Akane Maniax was more or less an Adaptation of fandisc released by Age of the same name for KGNE. It was supposed to help make a transition to their second eroge franchise Muv Luv. Also, if it has not been mentioned before, the girl in the limo is not Mitsuki, it is Misturugi Meiya (a heroine in all of the Muv Luv series of H-games). She is your typical ojou-sama character/heroine and thus is rich (hence the limo) and the sword. At the beginning of Muv Luv, Gouda is mentioned and it is "hinted" that Meiya sponsored his transfer out.
Mar 10, 2011 6:48 PM

Aug 2010
Uh... feels like a bad joke.
May 29, 2011 5:52 PM

Apr 2008
Didn't watch the original and don't intend to. I watched this for the hot-blooded protagonist and hot-blooded he was.
Apr 29, 2012 8:11 PM

Oct 2011
watched it just for the muv luv references.
Jul 26, 2012 5:48 PM

Jun 2009
lolzteez said:
watched it just for the muv luv references.

Pretty much this.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 28, 2022 12:38 AM
Jul 2018
I enjoyed Gouda's antics, gain more appreciation for Akane, and seeing the Muv-Luv cast animated in all their glory. I can't believe we missed out on an EXTRA anime! Guys, it looked so good, I am dying.

The Alternative adaptation really did them dirty.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akane Maniax Episode 3 Discussion

Werchiel - Jun 16, 2008

29 by Werchiel »»
Dec 28, 2023 3:43 AM

Poll: » Akane Maniax Episode 1 Discussion

TitanioVerde - Nov 5, 2010

15 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 21, 2023 5:33 AM

Poll: » Akane Maniax Episode 2 Discussion

TitanioVerde - Nov 6, 2010

9 by removed-user »»
Sep 27, 2022 11:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.