Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
May 15, 2011 11:35 AM
Mar 2011
When the ED suddenly barged in i even thought that Poppo might have a chance to see Menma there.. That was a let down lol...

Anyway, that was a nice ep too, like all other Ano Hana eps..
May 15, 2011 5:34 PM

Feb 2010
This episode was really sad... I seriously had to leave the room and almost was about to cry. Great series I hope it doesn't end soon, I want it to be at least 20 episodes.
May 15, 2011 7:11 PM
Dec 2007
sirflappy said:
HawthorneKitty said:
Dang... I kinda wished that she was raped...
You sir are a sick person. Even if it's an anime I do not wish for anybody to get raped, unless it's Osama.
Not even him actually. I cringe everytime I see this type of scenes. I know it's reality and I know it happens but that doesn't mean I have to like it, which is why I was relieved that they didn't decide to add THAT to the list of dramatic baggage of the group. Rape can actually be one of the hardest events to get over. Realistically, victims may live their whole lives with the emotional scar of the event. I think there's enough drama already, so screwing up Anaru's live forever would be overkill.

May 15, 2011 10:41 PM

Mar 2010
That episode ALMOST got me! ALMOST! On the mere brink of crying and it ALMOST got me. Oh god, I don't know if I'm ready for another ''Clannad: After Story''. It's still too early for me. What a jam packed episode of emotional digression. I could barely hold on that time. As eager as I am in continuing and finishing this series, my concern is also applied. i might decide to hold off on this series until summer break because I need to stay mentally organized and healthy until school finishes. Honestly, I'm not ready for another ''Clannad: After Story''! And I can't strain my concern enough, even to myself! Looking forward to the next!
May 16, 2011 1:05 AM

Oct 2010
sirflappy said:
HawthorneKitty said:
Dang... I kinda wished that she was raped...
You sir are a sick person. Even if it's an anime I do not wish for anybody to get raped, unless it's Osama.
I ROLF hard at this. Good one. No one wants a virgin to be raped less it's hentai, watch RAPE!RAPE!RAPE! and you will know what I mean. Dang, IRL no one should be raped for any reason not just sexual. Mind rape is the worst IMO.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 16, 2011 1:56 AM

May 2008
Loved the episode and Yukiatsu almost made me cry at the beginning~ He started to move on and this is a good thing and seems like he still cares for his old friends which was proven by him saving Naruko.
One of the strongest episodes so far~
May 16, 2011 6:59 AM
Mar 2011
with such a dramatic story. it hard to imagine the ending. i mean is the show suppose to grant menma dream. it feel kind of sad that if by hav ing the wish granted, all will be lost. it would almost seem better if the dream is never granted
May 16, 2011 9:23 AM

Jan 2010
Oh god, everyone loves each other. Only person who seem indifferent is Poppo, but I'm sure he's secretly a corpse lover too. I really want Yukiatsu/Anjou for some reason now.
May 16, 2011 12:25 PM
Jan 2010
I don't really understand why some people want Yukiatsu/Naruko to happen. He'd probably try to transform Naruko into his 'perfect Menma' and since Naruko is easily influenced, Yukiatsu would succeed. We still don't know if Yukiatsu is getting 'better' yet so it could happen...
May 16, 2011 1:14 PM

Mar 2010
Another touching episode. I'm sure before the series ends Menma will get her chance to say a quick something to everybody when their friends again.

Also.. if you know anything about foreshadowing, then I think it's pretty damn obvious that Jinta and Naruko will be getting together by the end to. Not to mention Yukiatsu and Chiriko will more than likely hook up somehow. Tetsudo/Poppo.. well.. he's already living his dreams by traveling all over so he probably will just keep traveling and enjoying life.
Those are my "predictions" and "opinions".

Also.. Naruko needs to shape up fast.. for god sake, she almost let herself get raped for hanging out with them dumb hoe-bags. Dumb bimbos like that need a good smack from a real friend.
May 16, 2011 1:32 PM

May 2010
Saw episode 6 preview

meme-chan said:
I don't really understand why some people want Yukiatsu/Naruko to happen. He'd probably try to transform Naruko into his 'perfect Menma' and since Naruko is easily influenced, Yukiatsu would succeed. We still don't know if Yukiatsu is getting 'better' yet so it could happen...

Well, judging by the lastest episode - They seem to understand eachothers situation - because they're both the third wheel between MenmaxJintan...It doesn't look as if they would give in to any of their weaknesses, as they both know about them & could probably help eachother out & maybe move forward.

And - some people may want them together because they're both cute together, both are suppose to be very attractive characters so it would make sense for people to ship them a bit.

Also Yuki getting better is most likely happening right now as this story is mostly about all of them healing about Menma & moving forward not pushing away further....
May 16, 2011 3:51 PM
Jan 2010
RealScreamer said:

meme-chan said:

Well, judging by the lastest episode - They seem to understand eachothers situation - because they're both the third wheel between MenmaxJintan...It doesn't look as if they would give in to any of their weaknesses, as they both know about them & could probably help eachother out & maybe move forward.

And - some people may want them together because they're both cute together, both are suppose to be very attractive characters so it would make sense for people to ship them a bit.

Also Yuki getting better is most likely happening right now as this story is mostly about all of them healing about Menma & moving forward not pushing away further....

That is exactly why I don't understand it. The only thing they have in common is their unrequited love, and I don't think that is a good reason to get together.
And their situation is quite different, Menma is dead, no matter what Yukiatsu does she will not come back. Jinta, on the other hand, is still alive so it's up to Naruko whether her love remains unrequited or not.

Makes me wonder if people would still be shipping this pairing if Yukiatsu wasn't the one who saved Naruko and the train scene didn't happen.
May 16, 2011 4:15 PM
May 2011
They wouldn't. Show them 1 slight thing and they would already be shipping.
May 16, 2011 5:54 PM

May 2010
meme-chan said:
That is exactly why I don't understand it. The only thing they have in common is their unrequited love, and I don't think that is a good reason to get together.
And their situation is quite different, Menma is dead, no matter what Yukiatsu does she will not come back. Jinta, on the other hand, is still alive so it's up to Naruko whether her love remains unrequited or not.

Makes me wonder if people would still be shipping this pairing if Yukiatsu wasn't the one who saved Naruko and the train scene didn't happen.

Well you have to remember, they were once friends & probably have things in common that the anime doesn't go into detail about as it is a short season, that should only pack the important things. Plus from the little childhood memory scenes I believe Yuki got along well with everyone besides Jinta(for obvious reasons) So I would think he has no problems with Naruko... I believe their unrequited love thing alone isn't a good reason to get together aswell, but sometimes things can work out that way, life's a mystery in how things work out...

Yes, Menma is dead & Yuki can't do anything about it - But that's why there's Chiriko, which i'm sure Yuki has feelings for deep inside he's just healing as of right now with Menma's death. So it's not that much of a difference right now for both getting what they really want in their love-relationships - which is what the story will do, i believe most people know they won't actually get together - just opinions on a "better pairing" for some people...

Honestly, I was shipping YukixAnaru a bit before episode 5, secretly lol. Like I said, in Character design - both really appeal well to eachother more so then JintanxAnaru or YukixMenma - Which is what I guess people are thinking(I know I was) & it just adds extra points to that shipping due to Yuki making the save, which is a common thought for viewers when they see any cute or save-the-day moments between femalexMale characters....
May 16, 2011 6:18 PM

Jul 2009
Aaaaahhhh I love this show.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
May 16, 2011 6:26 PM

Nov 2007
God. I love this anime! May be its about time I change my review rating to a 10/10?

The anime always ends at the best moment. I felt so sad for Menma. :(

sirflappy said:
They wouldn't. Show them 1 slight thing and they would already be shipping.

Galileo Galilei. The same band that played Natsuzora for Ookiku S2 Op.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 16, 2011 7:09 PM

Sep 2007
invazn said:
Interesting thought when Poppo went on about how Menma is here, because she was not able to reach Heaven.

Could it be possible that Menma committed suicide?

Her death is quite ambigious, and I'm not sure if they'll ever clear that up, but I can definitely see this turning around and throwing a curveball right at us.
That's actually very likely.. although I'm interested to see how Tsuruko and Poppo play into this as well. I think all the characters are, in some way, related to her death.. Tsuruko probably even moreso with the hairpin. I was under the impression that it was the one Yukiatsu threw away. o_o

Monad said:
Onyxthegreat said:
Day2Dream said:
Sigh. It's pretty easy to prove she is there. Just do a guessing game where Jinta has to guess what someone writes on a paper in another room and have Menma tell him the answer...
This.

I just can't understand why she doesn't prove that she's there.

Yeah this seems ridiculous to me. I can only assume that's she's only in his head from the moment they don't do anything to prove her existence or not.
And btw, if she can bake cakes or pick up food to eat, why can't she pick a pen and write?
This is bullshit. Poppo was right asking for a sighn and her starting crying instead of trying to do something like he was asking made me furious because it was too damn convenient way for again avoiding the elephant in the room. "Give her a break" my ass!!!
There are a tone of shit she can do. If she's really there then the script is bad as hell on this matter.
Pretty much summed up why I'm frustrated by this series, haha.

guanhian said:
I've been wondering about that from the opening.. it seems it may play an important role. Or it could be a symbol of some sort?
May 16, 2011 7:12 PM

Jul 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Yukiatsu is my hero for saving Anjou
as follows,

WTF @ the guy! He is a piece of shit that wanted some virgin pussy

I kind of disagree. The guy really wasn't THAT much of a scumbag or a creep. Based on the way Anjou dresses and the company she keeps, people look at her and assume she is a slut. Tsuruko even called her one, and Anjou's "friends" obviously sleep around. So I don't think the guy was completely in the wrong. Anjou's attire and attendance at the karaoke bar were enough to make her seem like an easy teenage girl. Also, the guy probably thought she was just being a tease when she said she did not want to do it. It WAS wrong for him to try and force her when she was crying and stuff, but the initial misunderstanding was definitely Anjou's fault.

invazn said:

Could it be possible that Menma committed suicide?

I don't really think it is suicide. She was only like 6? 7? and she was not THAT upset. Or at least I can't imagine she would willingly drown herself at that age, or even comprehend the act itself.

~~~

What exactly did the conversation on the train between Anaru and Yukiatsu mean? When Yukiatsu said they had both been passed by, did he mean that both of their crushes did not like them or something?
Gar_LoganMay 16, 2011 8:12 PM
May 16, 2011 8:09 PM

Oct 2010
GarLogan78 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
as follows,

I kind of disagree. The guy really wasn't THAT much of a scumbag or a creep. Based on the way Anjou dresses and the company she keeps, people look at her and assume she is a slut.
He is like that because he knew the girl was under age and he was a adult. He knew how to take advantage due his numerous experiences and life experiences. So yeah inside he was the scum-bag to take advantage of young meat and he is a creep who can't get enough of it. I am 100% sure IRL shit like him go to date sites and grab only teenagers, as long as she is less than 18 and older than (insert limit of male person age limit) it's fine.
GarLogan78 said:
Tsuruko even called her one, and Anjou's "friends" obviously sleep around.
Anjou's friend's habits are their problem she can be involved or not. Depends on her but obviously her friends forced into all this. Tsuruko calling her one may also be a meaning that she wished to have that style and be less reserved it could be out of sheer jealousy of Anjou's lifestyle.
GarLogan78 said:
So I don't think the guy was completely in the wrong. Anjou's attire and attendance at the karaoke bar were enough to make her seem like an easy teenage girl.
Oh so anyone who is over 18 is not in the wrong wanting to put his dick in a girl's hole that is not fully mature, thus comes any sex with a minor is WRONG! That's it that's all.
GarLogan78 said:
Also, the guy probably thought she was just being a tease when she said she did not want to do it. It WAS wrong for him to try and force her when she was crying and stuff, but the initial misunderstanding was definitely Anjou's fault.
It plain wrong for him wanting sex from her while he was a full adult. WTF? This guy wanted some young meat around his dick. It's obvious and just to tell I hate adults taking advantage of teenagers. The only 2 reason those teenagers go for it is A) Money and B) The fact the parents are not paying attention enough to them. Kind of makes you think about facts that Anjou has a single mother and no father. Also we don't know how young she was when her father left her or at what age. Fact is the fatehr would never allow friends like them with her. Regardless this is my reply to you and I don't think you can deny any of it. Show me what you got on the stand! Ha!

May 16, 2011 8:21 PM

Jul 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
GarLogan78 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
as follows,

I kind of disagree. The guy really wasn't THAT much of a scumbag or a creep. Based on the way Anjou dresses and the company she keeps, people look at her and assume she is a slut.
He is like that because he knew the girl was under age and he was a adult. He knew how to take advantage due his numerous experiences and life experiences. So yeah inside he was the scum-bag to take advantage of young meat and he is a creep who can't get enough of it. I am 100% sure IRL shit like him go to date sites and grab only teenagers, as long as she is less than 18 and older than (insert limit of male person age limit) it's fine.
GarLogan78 said:
Tsuruko even called her one, and Anjou's "friends" obviously sleep around.
Anjou's friend's habits are their problem she can be involved or not. Depends on her but obviously her friends forced into all this. Tsuruko calling her one may also be a meaning that she wished to have that style and be less reserved it could be out of sheer jealousy of Anjou's lifestyle.
GarLogan78 said:
So I don't think the guy was completely in the wrong. Anjou's attire and attendance at the karaoke bar were enough to make her seem like an easy teenage girl.
Oh so anyone who is over 18 is not in the wrong wanting to put his dick in a girl's hole that is not fully mature, thus comes any sex with a minor is WRONG! That's it that's all.
GarLogan78 said:
Also, the guy probably thought she was just being a tease when she said she did not want to do it. It WAS wrong for him to try and force her when she was crying and stuff, but the initial misunderstanding was definitely Anjou's fault.
It plain wrong for him wanting sex from her while he was a full adult. WTF? This guy wanted some young meat around his dick. It's obvious and just to tell I hate adults taking advantage of teenagers. The only 2 reason those teenagers go for it is A) Money and B) The fact the parents are not paying attention enough to them. Kind of makes you think about facts that Anjou has a single mother and no father. Also we don't know how young she was when her father left her or at what age. Fact is the fatehr would never allow friends like them with her. Regardless this is my reply to you and I don't think you can deny any of it. Show me what you got on the stand! Ha!

I am not arguing that it was morally right for him to pursue Anjou, I am just saying she presented herself in a way that could have been misinterpreted as slutty/easy. I am not saying she is easy, or that the guy was right to try and have sex with her at the hotel, but she basically walked into the situation herself. Her clothes and friends made her appear to be like her friends. The guy doesn't know her past or who she really is. He even assumed she had done this many times before. So basically, I am not saying it isn't illegal or anything, I am just saying that Anjou was the cause of the misunderstanding. She even left with the guy instead of immediately going home. She knew what he wanted but was too scared to deny him. He obviously wasn't "walking her to the station".
May 16, 2011 8:31 PM

Oct 2010
GarLogan78 said:
GarLogan78 said:
I am not arguing that it was morally right for him to pursue Anjou, I am just saying she presented herself in a way that could have been misinterpreted as slutty/easy.
Well now you are making sense. Her fashion is indeed a problem but her easy to influence through peer pressure was a easy thing to get influenced by when you have friends like that. It's not Anjou's fault, it's her friends and her personality's fault. In a way the mother was not involved enough TBH, possibly.
GarLogan78 said:
I am not saying she is easy, or that the guy was right to try and have sex with her at the hotel, but she basically walked into the situation herself. Her clothes and friends made her appear to be like her friends. The guy doesn't know her past or who she really is. He even assumed she had done this many times before.
She did not walk into the situation herself! Her friends coerced her into going or losing them. There is no way she had a choice and in fact was about to meet Yukiatsu and Tsuruko. She already had the gut feeling it will be bad. Just does not want to lose her friends.
GarLogan78 said:
So basically, I am not saying it isn't illegal or anything, I am just saying that Anjou was the cause of the misunderstanding. She even left with the guy instead of immediately going home. She knew what he wanted but was too scared to deny him. He obviously wasn't "walking her to the station".
Well she was just slow to realize this and all + the peer pressure from the guy kind of worked her up into just being shy and following the guy. Looks like at the end he though the classical BS of "No means Yes" girl stuff guys say. I know, me and the boy did that shit but I never bought it. No means no and that's it.

May 16, 2011 9:04 PM

Jul 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
GarLogan78 said:
GarLogan78 said:
I am not arguing that it was morally right for him to pursue Anjou, I am just saying she presented herself in a way that could have been misinterpreted as slutty/easy.
Well now you are making sense. Her fashion is indeed a problem but her easy to influence through peer pressure was a easy thing to get influenced by when you have friends like that. It's not Anjou's fault, it's her friends and her personality's fault. In a way the mother was not involved enough TBH, possibly.
GarLogan78 said:
I am not saying she is easy, or that the guy was right to try and have sex with her at the hotel, but she basically walked into the situation herself. Her clothes and friends made her appear to be like her friends. The guy doesn't know her past or who she really is. He even assumed she had done this many times before.
She did not walk into the situation herself! Her friends coerced her into going or losing them. There is no way she had a choice and in fact was about to meet Yukiatsu and Tsuruko. She already had the gut feeling it will be bad. Just does not want to lose her friends.
GarLogan78 said:
So basically, I am not saying it isn't illegal or anything, I am just saying that Anjou was the cause of the misunderstanding. She even left with the guy instead of immediately going home. She knew what he wanted but was too scared to deny him. He obviously wasn't "walking her to the station".
Well she was just slow to realize this and all + the peer pressure from the guy kind of worked her up into just being shy and following the guy. Looks like at the end he though the classical BS of "No means Yes" girl stuff guys say. I know, me and the boy did that shit but I never bought it. No means no and that's it.

"It is not her fault, it is her personality's fault". What? Her personality IS her. And I don't think we can jump to explanations involving how much her parents were involved. We haven't seen Anjou's life from ten years ago to now. We have no idea how much her mom was influencing her, and it doesn't really matter to the story.
~
I agree that her friends basically forced her to go based on the situation, but she still could have said no. She still could have gone to Tsuruko and Yukiatsu if she had wanted to. I am just saying she is not completely blameless in the situation.
~
I don't think the fight they were having would have even escalated that far. If she was kicking and screaming all the way, the staff of the hotel wouldn't just let him drag her into a room and rape her. It would not have gotten out of control. And even though she was just nervous or scared or whatever, she still walked to the hotel with him. To him, she appeared like she was going along with it and was kind of a tease. I am not saying she is not "pure", but to the guy she appeared to want to have sex until the last minute and then he was confused and angry.
May 16, 2011 10:18 PM
Jan 2010
GarLogan78 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
GarLogan78 said:
GarLogan78 said:
GarLogan78 said:
GarLogan78 said:

"It is not her fault, it is her personality's fault". What? Her personality IS her. And I don't think we can jump to explanations involving how much her parents were involved. We haven't seen Anjou's life from ten years ago to now. We have no idea how much her mom was influencing her, and it doesn't really matter to the story.
~
I agree that her friends basically forced her to go based on the situation, but she still could have said no. She still could have gone to Tsuruko and Yukiatsu if she had wanted to. I am just saying she is not completely blameless in the situation.
~
I don't think the fight they were having would have even escalated that far. If she was kicking and screaming all the way, the staff of the hotel wouldn't just let him drag her into a room and rape her. It would not have gotten out of control. And even though she was just nervous or scared or whatever, she still walked to the hotel with him. To him, she appeared like she was going along with it and was kind of a tease. I am not saying she is not "pure", but to the guy she appeared to want to have sex until the last minute and then he was confused and angry.

I'm sorry but I've to agree with everything GarLogan78 says.

Your comments make no sense. You're assuming things. Makes me wonder if you're discussing about the anime or about RL situations. And even when it seems that you're talking about the anime, you invent stuff.

- You are not the guy. You don't know what he was thinking. I agree with GarLogan78, the guy could've misunderstood the situation. Just look at the way Naruko dresses and her friends. Someone who doesn't know her would assume that she's like her friends or that she has some experience.
- You talk about her parents when we don't know much about them. You assume she has no father because we haven't seen him. So what? We haven't seen Yukiatsu, Tsuruko or Poppo's parents. Does that makes them orphans? And Naruko seems to have a good relationship with her mother.
- She wasn't about to meet Yukiatsu and Tsuruko. They were at the station waiting for their train when they saw her with her friends. The face she makes when she sees them could mean that she was embarrassed to be seen with her friends after Tsuruko's comment on ep2. Not that she knew something bad would happen. I don't think that was her first time hanging out with her friends after school.

Etc.

Too tired to continue writing.
May 16, 2011 10:49 PM

Oct 2010
GarLogan78 said:
I know but it does not look now she was too involved so I just assume that she have given up on her already other than making her do her chores, by her personality I meant her own fault in a sense but pointing out what was responsible for that fault. It's her own attitude just like Tsuruko told her. Too easy to influence and includes the pressure of coming with her friends and losing them.
GarLogan78 said:
And I am saying all of this is her attitude problem thus going back that it's not really her fault because her attitude has a adjustment problem, that of constantly given in to peer pressure on the other hand her fault is that she did not change that attitude and her friends did not help her in any way in that nor I think they might have, not Haruna and Aki therefore it's a yes and no her fault.
GarLogan78 said:
I did not say anything about the fight but mentioned that the guy may have understood of what you are saying as all this being a tease so IMO the guy is at fault for not catching on after she refused to go and was screaming. Heck he was pulling her while she was screaming. Not too bright person if you ask me. I would just let her go and understand that fine she does not want but Yukiatsu had to come to save the day by scaring the guy that other people are coming.
meme-chan said:
I'm sorry but I've to agree with everything GarLogan78 says.

Your comments make no sense. You're assuming things. Makes me wonder if you're discussing about the anime or about RL situations. And even when it seems that you're talking about the anime, you invent stuff.

Situations in this anime are = to more or less RL stuff so I can do easily the comparing. Perhaps I omitted some specifications but my point remains that Anjou was at fault for one thing and for another she was not. IMO it's more that she was innocently dragged into a situation that if she did not go she would her friends. I don't invent stuff I assume. Assuming may be wrong or right. Depends who you take things so far.
meme-chan said:
- You are not the guy. You don't know what he was thinking. I agree with GarLogan78, the guy could've misunderstood the situation. Just look at the way Naruko dresses and her friends. Someone who doesn't know her would assume that she's like her friends or that she has some experience.
Would assuming mean to be forceful after you clearly say no near the hotel? At first when they went out and walked ok yes but not at the hotel any more certainly not ever when Anjou made it clear with her screams that she did not want to go to that motel.
meme-chan said:
- You talk about her parents when we don't know much about them. You assume she has no father because we haven't seen him. So what? We haven't seen Yukiatsu, Tsuruko or Poppo's parents. Does that makes them orphans? And Naruko seems to have a good relationship with her mother.
I did not say that and no she does not seem to have a good relation when she does argue with her or thinks she uses her only as a tool like she mentions. I think Anjou decided to be her own with the fashion and all as such her mother most likely failed at preventing her from this kind of fashion. It may be assuming a lot but I see parts here and there that tell me something was up in the past with Anjou and her family life to a certain extent. You cannot deny that Anjou's relationship with her mother may become better because it can be better. I did not talk about orphans either or anything to do with them BTW.
meme-chan said:
- She wasn't about to meet Yukiatsu and Tsuruko. They were at the station waiting for their train when they saw her with her friends. The face she makes when she sees them could mean that she was embarrassed to be seen with her friends after Tsuruko's comment on ep2. Not that she knew something bad would happen. I don't think that was her first time hanging out with her friends after school.
No but her face told me otherwise like she wanted to go see them but instead stained with her friends and I certainly saw her do that with Tsuruko when Anjou was with her friends in the cafeteria even though it was to return the notebook she still stayed with Tsuruko due to serious talk. Anyway I am tired too and maybe my brain is formulating words wrong in sense but my point is that she could have been embarrassed but only because Tsuruko was there. I tell you I saw it more as she wanted to see them a little but her friends saw her with Tsuruko before so they may automatically think she is ditching them. That's IMO.

May 17, 2011 12:12 AM

May 2009
great episode and interesting parts. Hopefully they will figure out Menma's wish and most love confessions will be told
May 17, 2011 12:52 AM
Dec 2007
I'm too tired to go quoting the particular parts about that argument you three had going but I can't believe I'm hearing people who still spout the same "she dresses slutty so she was asking for it" argument. Just because the other person is drunk, flirty or whatever kind of look/situation you want to come up with it doesn't give ANYONE the right to throw themselves at someone who's either unwilling to go through the act or incapable of making a proper decision about it.

Or what, do women have to wear veils and dress like nuns? Seems to me like you are letting your prejudice color your opinions.

May 17, 2011 1:05 AM

Oct 2010
Leon-Gun said:
I'm too tired to go quoting the particular parts about that argument you three had going but I can't believe I'm hearing people who still spout the same "she dresses slutty so she was asking for it" argument. Just because the other person is drunk, flirty or whatever kind of look/situation you want to come up with it doesn't give ANYONE the right to throw themselves at someone who's either unwilling to go through the act or incapable of making a proper decision about it.

Or what, do women have to wear veils and dress like nuns? Seems to me like you are letting your prejudice color your opinions.
Well said Leon-Gun, that's what I tried to tell them in many ways. That scream should have told the guy literally back off! Instead it seems the alcohol got his ears hearing wrong.

May 17, 2011 1:46 AM

Sep 2008
Let's see. I could go through all the misinformation and assumptions that have been made here. This looks like it's getting out of hand pretty fast. However, I think that would distract attention away from the more important matters.

We were looking at an attempted rapist. He was attempting to physically overpower a woman resisting his advances. He continued to do so after she started screaming. There's no real way this could be viewed as anything other than rape.

There's a whole lot of other stuff being talked about, but none of that's really relevant in light of those two facts. She was physically resisting and screaming, he was attempting to use force to make this happen.
May 17, 2011 5:12 AM
Sep 2010
Gangler said:
Let's see. I could go through all the misinformation and assumptions that have been made here. This looks like it's getting out of hand pretty fast. However, I think that would distract attention away from the more important matters.

We were looking at an attempted rapist. He was attempting to physically overpower a woman resisting his advances. He continued to do so after she started screaming. There's no real way this could be viewed as anything other than rape.

There's a whole lot of other stuff being talked about, but none of that's really relevant in light of those two facts. She was physically resisting and screaming, he was attempting to use force to make this happen.

word up lol

i can't even believe you guys are arguing over it, dude was down for some turborape

i was surprised with the way yukiatsu handled it, which was smooth as fuck, because after seeing him being all fit and that and angry with jintan i thought he would just lay the smack down
May 17, 2011 5:29 AM
May 2011
He was definitely scoping out how weak she was physically and mentally for it. Praying on the weak. Something tells me that he is an experienced rapist.
May 17, 2011 12:13 PM

Jul 2008
@Yumekichi:

Meme-chan was saying that you are bringing in assumptions to aid your argument. But that doesn't help support what you are trying to say. We have not seen Anaru's family life in depth, so you can't say whether or not her mom was around or how their relationship really is.

Perhaps I omitted some specifications but my point remains that Anjou was at fault for one thing and for another she was not.

That was my entire point. That Anaru is not entirely blameless in the situation. I am not saying the guy wasn't a creep. However, Anaru helped put herself into the sticky situation in the first place.
May 17, 2011 12:27 PM
Dec 2007
GarLogan78 said:

That was my entire point. That Anaru is not entirely blameless in the situation. I am not saying the guy wasn't a creep. However, Anaru helped put herself into the sticky situation in the first place.
She helped put herself into the situation by...accepting to go to a karaoke and then taking a stroll with him? Are you serious here? I'd be even slightly agreeing here and only slightly if she had flirted at all with the guy or accepted to go to the love hotel per-se but as soon as she notices she panics and tries to get out of the situation. Seriously, I fail to see your point. You are basically just saying this because of the idiotic "she dresses slutty so she's asking for people to think she's a slut" way of thinking".

May 17, 2011 12:50 PM

Jul 2008
Leon-Gun said:
GarLogan78 said:

She helped put herself into the situation by...accepting to go to a karaoke and then taking a stroll with him? Are you serious here? I'd be even slightly agreeing here and only slightly if she had flirted at all with the guy or accepted to go to the love hotel per-se but as soon as she notices she panics and tries to get out of the situation. Seriously, I fail to see your point. You are basically just saying this because of the idiotic "she dresses slutty so she's asking for people to think she's a slut" way of thinking".

But he DID see her as a slut...
May 17, 2011 12:55 PM
Dec 2007
GarLogan78 said:

And? His attitude suggests he saw schoolgirls and perhaps even women in general as easy to manipulate. It's no different as guys claiming they didn't rape a girl merely because said girl was so intoxicated that she couldn't even consent or defend herself.

Don't take me wrong here, I'm not disagreeing that your view isn't shared by society. It doesn't change the fact it's a disgusting facet of society that goes to show how much society judges others by appearances.

PS. I know this argument may be derailing the topic a little but it's a worthy topic to discuss and the anime did brought it up.
Leon-GunMay 17, 2011 1:00 PM

May 17, 2011 1:03 PM

Jul 2008
Leon-Gun said:
GarLogan78 said:

And? His attitude suggests he saw schoolgirls and perhaps even women in general as easy to manipulate. It's no different as guys claiming they didn't rape a girl merely because said girl was so intoxicated that she couldn't even consent or defend herself.

Don't take me wrong here, I'm not disagreeing that your view isn't shared by society. It doesn't change the fact it's a disgusting facet of society that goes to show how much society judges others by appearances.

I wouldn't necessarily say that based on what we saw we can assume he acts the same way towards all school girls and women. Anjou's friends assumed that she was going to sleep with him, and I think that allows us to assume that they sleep around a little themselves. She looked the same as her friends, so I think it was kind of natural for the guy to assume she acted the same as well.

And maybe if society judges people based on appearances, Anjou should not appear like a slut? Even if she is not one, if that is what people are going to think of her when she dresses like that, maybe it would be smarter of her to dress differently.

But I do see your point lol.

Also, originally I just wanted to disagree with Yumekichi by saying that Anjou could have avoided the situation and that she inadvertently led the guy on through her ignorance. Also, the company she kept (their reputations) influenced how other people (such as the guy) saw her.

I am not saying Anjou is a slut, but the main point I was trying to make is that I can see why the guy THOUGHT she was, even for a little while.
May 17, 2011 3:36 PM
Jan 2010
There's also the possibility that it's not the first time Naruko's friends hang out with those guys. And if they really do sleep around, the guy could've assumed she did too.

I'm not trying to defend the guy, but people calling him an experienced rapist reminds me of when Yukitasu was called a jerk and psycho (when we didn't know much about him). Then ep5 happened and Yukiatsu is now 'redeeming himself' and I've seen some people calling him a 'gentleman'. I wonder if the guy appears in ep6 and apologizes to Naruko, would he still be called an experienced rapist?
May 17, 2011 3:51 PM

Oct 2010
GarLogan78 said:
Leon-Gun said:
GarLogan78 said:

And? His attitude suggests he saw schoolgirls and perhaps even women in general as easy to manipulate. It's no different as guys claiming they didn't rape a girl merely because said girl was so intoxicated that she couldn't even consent or defend herself.Don't take me wrong here, I'm not disagreeing that your view isn't shared by society. It doesn't change the fact it's a disgusting facet of society that goes to show how much society judges others by appearances.
I wouldn't necessarily say that based on what we saw we can assume he acts the same way towards all school girls and women. Anjou's friends assumed that she was going to sleep with him, and I think that allows us to assume that they sleep around a little themselves. She looked the same as her friends, so I think it was kind of natural for the guy to assume she acted the same as well.
Anjou's friends only knew that was going to happen when the guy said to everyone that he is leaving. Problem is, I think Anjou's virginity is at blame for her gullible attitude of not even knowing her friends do that. So we can say there were some things that she failed to inform herself of. I am sure she would not be with those girls if she did but who knows if they showed off their sex experience but even if they did, sounds to me like Anjou was ignoring that. That's what I think about Anjou's information towards her friends sleeping around.
GarLogan78 said:
And maybe if society judges people based on appearances, Anjou should not appear like a slut? Even if she is not one, if that is what people are going to think of her when she dresses like that, maybe it would be smarter of her to dress differently.
Agreed with this one, she should magazines she is reading to others perhaps like Tsuruko may be reading?
GarLogan78 said:
Also, originally I just wanted to disagree with Yumekichi by saying that Anjou could have avoided the situation and that she inadvertently led the guy on through her ignorance. Also, the company she kept (their reputations) influenced how other people (such as the guy) saw her.
Well I agree with some of your points about that and some other ones I agree with mine view and not yours but in the end it looks like we both have out values. So I will leave it at that but it was great to discuss with you and I thank my friends who joined in. I am sure this may all prove a nice info addition to others who just read the posts. Good bye till later.

May 17, 2011 6:01 PM
Dec 2007
meme-chan said:
There's also the possibility that it's not the first time Naruko's friends hang out with those guys. And if they really do sleep around, the guy could've assumed she did too.

I'm not trying to defend the guy, but people calling him an experienced rapist reminds me of when Yukitasu was called a jerk and psycho (when we didn't know much about him). Then ep5 happened and Yukiatsu is now 'redeeming himself' and I've seen some people calling him a 'gentleman'. I wonder if the guy appears in ep6 and apologizes to Naruko, would he still be called an experienced rapist?
That's why assumptions should never be used to judge your course of action, or to excuse your behavior for that matter.

I still think Yukiatsu is an ass. He's obviously quite jealous of Jinta even now and it even felt like his suggestion to date Anaru was merely as an indirect way of pissing off Jinta. Sort of like stealing something of Jinta's, similar to how Jinta "stole" Yukiatsu's possibility of being with Menma. After all, the only tangible thing Jinta has right now is Anaru's unrequited love.

May 17, 2011 6:31 PM

Jul 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Well I agree with some of your points about that and some other ones I agree with mine view and not yours but in the end it looks like we both have out values. So I will leave it at that but it was great to discuss with you and I thank my friends who joined in. I am sure this may all prove a nice info addition to others who just read the posts. Good bye till later.

Haha yeah nice discussing with you too.

lol we talked about something that did not even matter for so long...
May 17, 2011 6:50 PM

Dec 2008
i was trying to figure out how to say "i know you're all discussing rape culture but i want to discuss how pretty yukiatsu looks in a dress" without sounding like a dick, but there's really no way to do that.

so anyway this anime makes me feel feelings and i am enjoying that, or something.
May 18, 2011 12:01 AM
Mar 2011
GarLogan78 said:
Leon-Gun said:
GarLogan78 said:

But I do see your point lol.

I am not saying Anjou is a slut, but the main point I was trying to make is that I can see why the guy THOUGHT she was, even for a little while.

So if she had gotten raped, it would have been her fault????????
May 18, 2011 12:27 AM

Sep 2008
maykipz said:
i was trying to figure out how to say "i know you're all discussing rape culture but i want to discuss how pretty yukiatsu looks in a dress" without sounding like a dick, but there's really no way to do that.

so anyway this anime makes me feel feelings and i am enjoying that, or something.

I'm kind of with you there. Seems like we've got a perfectly good show to discuss, and instead we're having a tired old political debate. A debate which, quite frankly isn't exactly new. Though admittedly it is a part of a larger cultural pulse and progressive changing of attitudes, happening everywhere. Most recent large scale example of it is the slut walks. Cop in toronto makes an offensive statement, people around the world rise to say "That's not cool bro. Cut that shit out"

Since the various cute physical characteristic of the girls is probably a tough issue to tackle right now, might I just say that Chiriko is cool as ice? I mean seriously, I don't think we could get this girl to emote if we tried. Just got "I don't give a fuck" engraved in every particle of her being. While everyone else is having their little breakdowns and shit she's just gonna keep talking as if none of it's even significant. When everyone finally goes axe crazy she's just gonna hunker down on a nearby bench and read as if it's not even happening. Cool with a capital K. Damn she's fun.
May 18, 2011 2:44 AM
Nov 2008
I'm starting to think I was right when i thought that Tsuruko might like Yukiatsu.
Poor Anaru , first getting harassed next asked if she's a virgin lololol.
I seriously can't wait for next episode.
May 19, 2011 4:20 AM

Aug 2010
Finally Yukiatsu is doing something good, really had enough of his character in the previous episodes...Also, I know Jintan has it hard, but for the love of God start telling Poppo what Menma says! He believes you you idiot, use it already. 4/5 because this last part pissed me off (again).
May 19, 2011 4:44 AM

Sep 2008
Mogami-kun said:
Finally Yukiatsu is doing something good, really had enough of his character in the previous episodes...Also, I know Jintan has it hard, but for the love of God start telling Poppo what Menma says! He believes you you idiot, use it already. 4/5 because this last part pissed me off (again).

Not to even mention that we've been given every indication that Menma could just lift some effing cutlery and everyone would see she's real. Thus allowing Jinta to actually be an effective mouthpiece.

Which actually leads me to believe she really is just a helucination. Everything's been Jinta's doing fight club style. While he thought he was wandering around unwilling to come home after getting teased by Anjou's friends he'd actually already come home and started baking muffins. That sort of shit. Gonna have to see how they explain the hairpin, but it seems well within the realms of explainability. Could have been Menma's last words to him, he could have broken in and read a diary at some point (forgetting of course because of his condition). Could be he saw Yukiatsu with a hairpin on the fateful night and knew the guy's feelings. The blanks pretty much fill themselves in.

Either way, regardless of how he knows about the hairpin, I really am quite convinced that this is every bit the hallucination he thought it was in the beginning.
May 19, 2011 10:33 AM

Apr 2010
Anjou needs to pick her friends better since they are really just two bitches that are just using her, it even seemed to me that they where just trying to get that guy laid.
And they nearly succeeded as well.
It was a good thing that Matsuyuki was nearby else who knows what might have happened to her.
I liked his way of solving that trouble, just proves that not all teenagers use violence to solve there problems.

I have to say his English was pretty good usually you see seiyu's having allot more problems with English.
May 20, 2011 3:35 AM

May 2010
Love could really torn up friendship huh

May 30, 2011 8:23 AM
Mar 2010
Best episode imho!!!!! this episode is full of emotions and finally we begin to understand what will be real plot of this series: All guys lost their life way....
Now I think this anime can be very good if it hold this emotional tension.....

next to 6th ep
May 30, 2011 11:30 PM

Feb 2011
Loved this yup. :')
Jun 2, 2011 9:11 AM
Jul 2009
Loving Tsuruko.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1237 by Grimenio »»
Yesterday, 9:47 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

388 by Grimenio »»
May 14, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

328 by Grimenio »»
May 8, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

423 by Grimenio »»
May 8, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 19, 2011

218 by Grimenio »»
May 4, 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.