Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 12, 2011 9:50 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
this episode was like "confessions, confessions everywhere!"

Discuss
May 12, 2011 10:27 AM

Nov 2007
When Poppo desperately asking Menma made me wanted to cry for some reason.

And Earthquake warning when Yukiatsu's confession...
tsubasaloverMay 12, 2011 10:43 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 12, 2011 10:29 AM

Nov 2007
Manma redemption, saving Anaru rectified a lot of the weirdness for me, he seems to be a little more sympathetic as well. Still don't quite get what Tsurumi thinks about everything but at least that's been getting clearer... and as always, menma ;_;
May 12, 2011 10:37 AM
Jan 2010
lol Yukiatsu went to buy the dress with Tsuruko...

I think Tsuruko is next? She's drawing Menma again in this ep and I think she has the same hairpin Yukiatsu got for Menma when they were children... and is that a love letter we see in the preview?
May 12, 2011 1:02 PM

Oct 2010
Yukiatsu is my hero for saving Anjou
as follows,

WTF @ the guy! He is a piece of shit that wanted some virgin pussy, well I wish Anjou would have slapped him instead of crying and screaming. Maybe even punch him but her being bad at peer pressure would only be inevitable for her to give in easily. At least she is not that easy with the struggle she showed against that guy. For some elaboration on Anjou,

About Anjou, well at first Aki and Haruna were really friendly with Anjou until Haruna started BS about not being her friends and I know that Anjou's facial expression, showed she did not like it despite giving out a fake smile of relief to say the least. I am sure that here Anjou wanted to go see Tsurumi and Yukiatsu but this time she wanted to stick with her friends. It obvious from the looks the banquet that the 2 guys payed it. I mean food/alcohol and all that looks kind of expensive. Obviously this guy noticed that Anjou is the shy girl who does not talk and I bet he thinks he can score her because he did so with another girl like her. So he thinks that by going out of his way Anjou will be less shy with less people, what a smart ass this guy is and a obvious young worker after younger meat. Oh God Anjou's friends in the spoiler
obviously are thinking she going to get laid and obviously it tells me they did this a lot of times. So it ends like a feared towards the love hotel. Obviously from the looks of the following spoiler
they guy flirts way too quickly from back grabbing downwards to the ass, I mean come on! The guy wants a quicky but Anjou does look at all happy of it. Thus Yukiatsu saves her and did good but she should have just hit the guy and scream rape. Where is the nuts kick! ROFL!
codes said:
Yukiatsu confession to menma
Cute and emotionally charged! It was a wonderful thing indeed.
codes said:
-Yukiatsu confirmed for BRO, Anjou confirmed for virgin, safe thanks to Yukiatsu. Discuss
Yeah that is why he is not BRO but GENTLEMAN! It could have been coincidence that he passed by so instead I shall thank God.
Yumekichi11May 12, 2011 9:49 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 12, 2011 1:39 PM

Dec 2009
God, I thought I was getting better at Japanese, but I was wrong, I have to rewatch this once subs come out.
Anyway,
Tsuruko has the old pin Yukiatsu was going to give Menma.
Love Triangle Tsuruko likes Yukiatsu while he liked Menma?
Poor Poppo </3 He wanted to see Menma so much. T-T
Yukiatsu thanks for saving Anjou :)
Her friend from school are disgusting. blehhhh
Train scene not totally sure what happened. D:
RAWs this is how much love I have for this show, that I watched it raw!
May 12, 2011 1:53 PM

Oct 2010
jigglypuff said:
Same here buddy! Same here and it's not only one show.

May 12, 2011 2:10 PM

Nov 2008
Indeed I viewed the Raw myself- As I wanted to confirm once again that Anaru was likely involved in that situation due to her cun-- whore.. 'friends' And because I wanted to view it now haha.

Anaru really needs to just have a real talk with Jinta.. Good talk on the train.. And Yukiatsu.. thanks for doing something useful. As for the train scene I am fairly sure she openly admited in small part to Yukki's prodding she likes Jinta with many buts having to do with Menma among maybe other things

Anaru.. go back to your real* friends and dump the bitches please.

Poor Menma breaking down in tears and Poppo wanting to just glimpse her so badly. Glad Jinta was there or that situation would have gotten worse.

meme-chan said:

I think Tsuruko is next? She's drawing Menma again in this ep and I think she has the same hairpin Yukiatsu got for Menma when they were children... and is that a love letter we see in the preview?

It is the same hairpin he threw into the woods yes. And it seemed* like a love letter yes. But to whom , and how no idea
May 12, 2011 3:35 PM
Jan 2010
sirwence said:

meme-chan said:

It is the same hairpin he threw into the woods yes. And it seemed* like a love letter yes. But to whom , and how no idea

I just re-watched the raw and yes, it is the same hairpin. I thought Tsuruko bought one similar...
May 12, 2011 3:43 PM

May 2010
jigglypuff said:
God, I thought I was getting better at Japanese, but I was wrong, I have to rewatch this once subs come out.
Anyway,
Tsuruko has the old pin Yukiatsu was going to give Menma.
Love Triangle Tsuruko likes Yukiatsu while he liked Menma?
Poor Poppo </3 He wanted to see Menma so much. T-T
Yukiatsu thanks for saving Anjou :)
Her friend from school are disgusting. blehhhh
Train scene not totally sure what happened. D:

^ Basically this, lol.

And - Hopefully next episode they give Tsuruko a bit more of a spotlight... She's the most mysterious character, I feel... & we only know bits&pieces about her...
May 12, 2011 9:23 PM

Oct 2010
Four times re-watching the Yukiatsu scene and I have to say each I was like him as follows,

for a segment to make one emotional crying has only happened to me in Ef and Clannad, particularly the Fuko arc. This series is not officially a 10 and will only drop if things really go differently but this is the beginning. How far will it go is not known emotionally but the warning is clear it will only go worse and worse. I swear if there is a episode that makes me cry all of it like a River it will be the first anime to do it officially like no other anime has done it. That and the end scene with Poppo/Menma was really got me sad but not as much as the one Yukiatsu whom got me constantly.

About Yukiatsu, thus it starts with the wig partially because ti was the easy first key to seeing it was a fake Menma. Make Yukiatsu from the beginning based on his expression had regret already and though he looked stupid. That turned suddenly different as he grabbed Jinta's hand rather forcefully. It only got worse as he got really aggressive on him pinning him down! Poor Jinta! As the music starts so do my tears a incredible rate. It all starts when Yukiatsu loses it. He goes from aggressive to desperately emotional. Soaking Jinta in the spoiler
with his tears. If that happened to me, I would be so emotional that I would cry with the guy. This was the intense point that only got more intense in fact so intense that even writing about it is emotional. Not all people are like that but I am of those who are. Emotional to say the least. Yukiatsu admitting that it was his fault the Menma died takes lots of guts. To blame oneself because of something one did is incredible to do for someone that is bottled up.

I know because I blame myself for all this Dawson shit to. I had the training to do something about it and I failed thus blaming myself that the girl died despite knowing that nothing could be done. It is still not over even after all those years. Anyways, the tension came to a high in the spoiler

due to Yukiatsu's outpouring of emotions and claiming that Menma is not here anywhere while on the whole my fault of her death state. Thus Yukiatsu's past with Menma after Jinta ran off reveals itself in the spoiler
thus confession of whom both faces are cute and the present involved was nice too. I also though that he looked really pitiful as he was crying in his room. Comes the second part whom is less emotional but more info loaded. Like I mentioned before Yukiatsu is a hero and looks cool to have saved Anjou
from the pervert. The other key part of this segment is Yukiatsu in the train with Anjou as the first thing of all asks Anjou if she is a virgin. Based on her reaction and stuttering to it, she is very much one. Furthermore he goes on to ask her to go out with him and again her reaction was shy and did not want to. Thus he figures out she likes Jinta mainly due to the qualities of leader and such. The most crucial is here as what he says has some rather deep meaning. In conclusion Yukiatsu redeemed himself rather well.

About Tsurumi,very important foreshadow has formed. Based on the fact that she went with Yukiatsu to buy that one piece of Menma and the hair pin there is something interesting in all that. During the confession Yukiatsu bought one for Menma that ignored his confession due to her airhead attitude. Well if you look the first hairpin being the new one just recently gotten and the one of Tsurumi has at her place in her drawer in the spoiler
you can see the more older used one is in fact the one Yukiatsu threw out. Most likely because he was angry at Menma's ignorance. Couple that with Tsurumi trying it out and even going as far as taking off her glasses to see how she looks in it, despite not seeing it well. In the end conclusion is that she is in love with Yukiatsu. I knew that but this confirms it further because she really is hard to read compared to Anjou who is much more easier to read. The other interesting thing is in the beginning because Tsurumi did stop Poppo by herself and from the looks of her facial expression, it told me that she knew exactly all about this Yukiatsu plan and problem. After the whole incident my doubts were confirmed with her smile. She knew exactly just from the hair pin he chose. This says that Tsurumi knew it all too well but like usual she kept it pretty well inside. In fact Tsurumi is very hard to read among the gang. Love her new drawing of Menma in the spoiler
So in the end she really does care about Yukiatsu as far as love itself goes.

About Menma,I don't know why but I find Menma looking at the moon in the spoiler
to be rather strange. Why she did that is something I am not familiar other than her having a passion to look at the night sky. I loved her
pocky eating and makes me wonder why she does not do that with everyone else. I mean they can easily see that there is mid-air stuff being eaten less what she touches to eat becomes invisible along with her and Jinta can only see it but that may be the case as the father could not see her eat at all. Only Jinta can. In the end Menma's crying really got me going into tear mode again. Less than Yukiatsu but it worked out. In fact it should be more heart wrenching because Poppo not being able to see her looks to me like she curses herself. This makes me form the theory that she is here to solve her love issues with Yukiatsu but most of all Jinta. If he is the only one able to see her then he is the one chosen by her to solve her problems so she may not have any regrets and cross over. Most probably because her love and bond with Jinta was stronger than her parents or anyone else for that matter.

About miscellaneous stuff, now I know why this anime is better than those without the sponsor in the spoiler
why of all people Pepsi again! After Tiger and Bunny this anime getting $$$ from Pepsi might get it amazing quality. When you have $$$ in anime, it's always good. Basquash is a good example where Nike and other brands were sponsoring it. Story was shit though but animations were amazing IMO. Oh yeah these Popsicle so remind me of Arakawa and the Amazoness.

About preview, more Anjou resolve and I wonder what it will be. I hope Anjou realized she should lose her innocence with Jinta before it happens otherwise as it may have. Jinta looks really depressed and I wonder what exactly is it again. My most favorite moment to see is in the spoiler
Menma hugging Jinta but in a more romantic fashion? Oh yes, need to see this.

May 12, 2011 9:57 PM

Nov 2007
well the cross dressing jerk gets some sympathy now. Anjou continues to have a fall out with her bitchy friends and almost got raped until Yukiatsu showed up. good thing he decided to follow her. guess they both have something in common with the one sided love so far. although loving Menma is kinda a real lost cause.

still not sure why the dude was cross dressing but Menma just ignoring his confession was kinda harsh. wonder why the others can "feel" Menma but can't see or hear her? Poppo seems like a good friend and he's just trying to help.

also got a bad feeling about Yukiatsu and Anjou on that train... Jinta is depressed enough as it is. as for Tsurumi liking Yukiatsu, that seemed pretty obvious from the start. seems this is all about bro's, one sided loves, and remorse over a dead girl.
May 12, 2011 10:10 PM

Jun 2010
What totally killed it for me, the warning during Yukiatsu's confession. It just killed the mood. With the hair clip thing that Jinta told Yukiatsu, he has to believe that Menma's real right. No one else could've known about that. This episode was kinda sad especially the end. Menma wants to speak with everyone, but she can't and in the end, the only one to hear her pain is Jinta.

May 12, 2011 10:13 PM

Apr 2010
The main thing I found really interesting from this episode was how Menma told Jinta to thank Yukiatsu for the hair clip... that was something Jinta would have never known. I think Yukiatsu is starting to realize that maybe Jinta actually does see her.

May 12, 2011 10:25 PM

Jul 2010
RealScreamer said:
And - Hopefully next episode they give Tsuruko a bit more of a spotlight... She's the most mysterious character, I feel... & we only know bits&pieces about her...
Agreed! She and Poppo both need more airtime. All we really know about Poppo is that he traveled around for a while. But yeah, Tsuruko is a character that we need to see more of.

I hope Anaru will ditch her friends after this. They don't care about her at all, and she should finally be able to see that plainly. They even threatened to cut her out of the loop, so maybe that will happen and she'll be forced to cut ties. Pfft, anything so long as they're out of the picture.
May 12, 2011 10:31 PM
Dec 2008
sigh i cant feel the emotions as most ppl do...but I WANT TO FEEL THAT SADNESS
im hoping this anime can sweep me away...
the saddest thing i saw was air..cant really think of anything else that really made me sad
May 12, 2011 10:31 PM
Dec 2008
btw this anime goes by so fast
20something minutes felt like 5 minutes
a sign of ENJOYMENT
May 12, 2011 10:32 PM

Aug 2009
Poppo WTH!! CHILL!! -___-
But I kinda felt bad for him...
I love how he REALLY believes Menma is there. You can really see how much he wants to see her..

LOVED THE HEY! SAY! JUMP! reference.. XDDD

And Anaru... A+++++ Voice acting for this episode!

Idk... Idk if I ship Anaru and Yukiatsu... XD
Yukiatsu might be some CRAZY, PHYSCO, CROSSDRESSER..but he is still FUCKING HOTT! XDD

I really loved this episode! ^__^

And the preview when Menma was hugging Jinta from behind was so cute! ;___;
ImNotLulexiaaMay 12, 2011 10:37 PM
May 12, 2011 10:38 PM

Jul 2010
Well, this is definitely the last time I'm gonna get jipped from a preview video. All that drama and buildup, and I actually felt sort of let down.

Still, really good ep regardless. More character development and it seems like there's also more to Tsuruko and Poppo than I initially thought

May 12, 2011 10:39 PM
Apr 2011
So much dramatic events in this episode O.O Loved it though. Kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time =D
Feel free to drop a comment on my profile and have a chat! I am always looking to socialize with other users!
May 12, 2011 10:40 PM

Jul 2008
Anjou's character is so weak yet she doesn't look like it.

I hope Yadomin should just accept Menma. It's ridiculous how he still thinks she's just an imagination and its Episode 5 already! :#
May 12, 2011 10:43 PM

Aug 2009
Just to add on..

Im tired of Jinta thinking Menma is just a "hallucination"..
Shes THERE and shes REAL!
May 12, 2011 10:44 PM
May 2011
Loved the episode, but what's this talk about an earthquake warning?
May 12, 2011 10:47 PM

Jan 2009
I'd say Yukiatsu is just obsessed with Jinta as he is with Menma, but on different terms.

Now he's after the ever so pitiful Anaru, since he can't use the Menma ghost thing anymore. Also WTF was with him asking her if she was a virgin? I'd be getting the hell off that train if I was her.
May 12, 2011 10:47 PM
Apr 2011
patdngo said:
Loved the episode, but what's this talk about an earthquake warning?

There was none in the anime, I think it was an IRL earthquake warning.
Feel free to drop a comment on my profile and have a chat! I am always looking to socialize with other users!
May 12, 2011 10:50 PM

Nov 2008
Iilia said:

I hope Anaru will ditch her friends after this. They don't care about her at all, and she should finally be able to see that plainly. They even threatened to cut her out of the loop, so maybe that will happen and she'll be forced to cut ties. Pfft, anything so long as they're out of the picture.

Indeed, and I hope she starts making some real progress towards at least a full normalization with Jinta - IE Help him with school or something- And Ditch the Bitches. Time for some Anjou resolve!

Though I question about that Love Letter thing.. Anaru handing one to ..Tsurko?
May 12, 2011 10:57 PM

Oct 2009
Another fantastic episode. When the ED theme kicked in I was like "It's over already?!"

Yukiatsu is still creepy but I do feel a little bad for him. He saved Anaru though, which gets some points for him.

I hope that Anaru ditches those "friends", too. Before the episode aired and I saw the extra preview images they release a few days after the initial broadcast, I was scared that Anaru was actually going to have sex in that love hotel. Thankfully Yukiatsu was there, I wonder what would have happened if he wasn't, though...it wouldn't have been pretty. Tomatsu Haruka does a great job voicing Anaru, the scene on the train was so cute.

Poppo seemed really desperate trying to call for Menma. I think there has to be something that wasn't yet revealed about him, maybe he has some unfinished business with Menma or something. I like the theory that he doesn't actually travel around the world, but was lying about it.

Needs an episode focused on Tsuruko too, she's always so calm and collected, I'm expecting her to go insane or have a nervous breakdown when it comes time to focus on her, lol.
May 12, 2011 11:04 PM

Oct 2009
this show is excellent.

i had no idea how they were going to handle yukiatsu being a creepy crossdresser, but... in my opinion, it was done beautifully. his breakdown in the beginning added so much sympathy to his character. i have liked him from the start, flaws and jerkass tendencies in all, and seeing all this depth added to him is amazing. he's an interesting character. i really hope people do not continue writing him off as douchebag creep when there is so much more to him! grief can manifest in many different ways and some people are just shit awful at coping, honestly.

and now tsurumi. she is extremely mysterious and i can't wait to see what's going on with her. i love her so much already and i can only imagine i will love her more once she gets to spend some time in the spotlight.

ah, i really adore this show! it's been a pretty good while since i've seen something that evokes this kind of response from me. instead of casually watching it and then forgetting about until another episode comes out, i am intrigued, genuinely invested in the characters, and can't wait until the newest episode!
May 12, 2011 11:08 PM
May 2011
"Draining an infected wound is the most effective. Though, he's rotten to the core. If you drain all the pus, there might be nothing left."

Damn, what a powerful line. I didn't like Yukiatsu at first, but now I just feel sorry for him. He's such a soul crushingly sad character. I relate to him in more ways than I'd like to admit.

Poppo's scene made me so sadder than I thought it would. It was heart breaking to watch the first time, but something about it stayed with me. Poor Poppo, poor Menma. :(

This show is one of a kind, it's one of those really special ones that only comes along once in a while. To the person who said the whole episode feels like five minutes; I couldn't agree more.
SanjimaruMay 12, 2011 11:12 PM
May 12, 2011 11:15 PM

Jul 2010
.Anaru's declaration of maidenhood.
.Denying the possibility of Anaru X Yukiatsu route

I reassured for this ep

tsubasalover said:
And Earthquake warning when Yukiatsu's confession...

it was attributable to Anaru

episode was 5/5
May 12, 2011 11:16 PM

Jul 2010
I don't get all the hate for Yukiatsu - he's a great character and makes the cast a lot more dynamic. There's much more to him than just the "jealous cross-dressing friend," imo he easily has more depth than most of the other characters.

lol'ed when I saw Tsuruko's drawing of Yukiatsu-menma (that's what it looked like atleast). Guessing Jintan will actually be going to school next episode too.

Wonderful episode as always. I don't even rate anime until I've completed them, but I'll be joining the 10 brigade this time just to help push this up - more people need to see this show.
May 12, 2011 11:23 PM
Oct 2008
i am falling more and more in love with the animation. i am really getting to like yukiatsu and anaru, i think i paid more attention during their scenes as opposed to menma and jintan. i also kind of feel bad for still finding menma annoying. but anyway yay for character development, and am i the only one who got excited when anaru referenced hey! say! JUMP ?
May 12, 2011 11:24 PM

Jan 2010
I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed with the drama this show is putting out. It's a very rare occurrence to see such well thought out and somewhat realistic drama in an anime. I really hope they keep it up with the drama and various character flaws that are shown on the cast due to the tragic loss of their friend.

I definitely have a bad feeling about the end of this show..I hate to admit it but I might just tear up a little at the ending if it's following the path that I think it will go.
Ok™
May 12, 2011 11:30 PM

Jun 2010
13man18 said:
What totally killed it for me, the warning during Yukiatsu's confession. It just killed the mood.

I agree. I was feeling emotional then that happened and I went from =( to >=(
May 12, 2011 11:39 PM

Jan 2011
Although I called the Yukiatsu involvement in Minma's "death" a couple of episodes ago, I think we've got at least two more revelations to come (Tsuruko and Poppo). I know I'll watch them, but I probably should do a bulk buy on tissues since I know the tears are going to flow.

Also there just seem to be so many things about Menma that are atypical of a ghost: she is older than she was when she died and ghosts usually don't mature, she physically consumes food (although Jinta is the only one who can see her eat, other people see that the food is gone), she also reacts and adapts to the environment (ghosts generally are caught in a repeating loop of actions tied to the circumstances around their death). I'm wondering if we've got a plot twist coming up.

This episode was enough to make me raise my score to a 10 and replace Mitsudomoe on my favorites list.
rodacMay 12, 2011 11:56 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 12, 2011 11:49 PM

Jul 2009
Good Stuff... *teary eyed*
May 12, 2011 11:49 PM
Mar 2011
The hairpin tsuruko was holding, was dirty, which probably meant she picked up the one Yukiatsu threw away.
May 12, 2011 11:57 PM

Jan 2008
kaena said:
btw this anime goes by so fast
20something minutes felt like 5 minutes
a sign of ENJOYMENT

Sure is... My favorite of this season!
"Are you a virgin?"

YESSS!!! SHE"S a VIRGIN!!!
May 12, 2011 11:59 PM

Mar 2009
fuck yeah Yukiatsu!
May 13, 2011 12:16 AM

May 2011
meme-chan said:

She's actually drawing Yukiatsu instead of Menma.

Case in point: Menma's sleeves in comparison to Yukiatsu's

Is it just me or does this help the theory of Tsuruko's ability to see Menma? :U
====

I'm loving this series more and more with each episode.
The characters are just so raw and non-stereotypical.
I can't get enough OTL

<3 The way Jintai calls out Poppo's name at the end <3

Ora-SerphantaMay 13, 2011 12:35 AM
May 13, 2011 12:41 AM

Aug 2009
I think I shipped Yukiatsu and Anaru for a moment there.
You really can't hate anyone in this show. Great episode.
May 13, 2011 12:42 AM

Sep 2008
Well my hate for Yukiatsu pretty much ended now.

Anaru really needs to find some better friends. It'd be better to be alone than to have "friends" like those.

Another awesome episode as always. 5/5
May 13, 2011 12:56 AM

Jan 2009
Well, what? I can't even think of something to say about this episode.
Except that Anaru's friends can go get hit by a train or something equally (or more) painful. ಠ_ಠ
Oh well.
kaena said:
the saddest thing i saw was air..cant really think of anything else that really made me sad
I kind of feel the same thar. Everyone's getting emotional, and I just can't see why.
Well, almost. I didn't really find Air that sad either. I'd probably have to say Clannad After Story, if I'm to name an anime that kind of made me sad. Oh wait, ef ( ;∀;)
OosranMay 13, 2011 3:57 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 13, 2011 1:37 AM

Apr 2009
Anaru's personality really doesn't fit with her self made image. Makes me wonder how she kept it up for who knows how many years.
May 13, 2011 1:41 AM
Apr 2011
When you see how an anime makes people go from hating a character to the bone to suddenly liking him, you know it's good at manipulating people's feelings. Wow, that last episode, quite powerful.

After thinking about it, I'm not sure if Yukiatsu really redeemed himself. Why does he want o go out with anaru? To get back at Jinta? Obviously he's not in love with her. It seems he has other motives.

I'm VERY impressed with how this show is going... Even clannad had its share of boring filler episodes (given it is a 50 episode anime (counting both seasons). But this, every single episode is jam packed with drama. Not a single wasted scene.

So far I don't think it's really moved me emotionally yet, but I don't think the point is that people are crying over it now; it's that they (at least I) see a great potential that this show CAN end up really emotional; it's very good at manipulation emotions, as I've mentioned before. But no, it isn't making me cry a litre of tears (haha) just yet.
BalakirevMay 13, 2011 1:48 AM
May 13, 2011 1:48 AM

Oct 2010
Ora-Serphanta said:
meme-chan said:

She's actually drawing Yukiatsu instead of Menma.

Case in point: Menma's sleeves in comparison to Yukiatsu's

Oh wow, I did not think of it that way but this would be second foreshadow. NIce owrk on that one! Good point out. It amy be by next episode we get some more drama between Yukiatsu and Tsuruko. Remember series is to get worse and worse in the negative sadness. Apparently author expectations last I heard.
Ora-Serphanta said:
Is it just me or does this help the theory of Tsuruko's ability to see Menma? :U
====
I am totally down for the "Each one has a way to see Menma and finds out to see her" but I think emotionas and drama will prevails over anything else.
Oosran said:
Except that Anaru's friends can go get hit by a train or something equally (or more) painful. ಠ_ಠ
Oh well.
Yeah! Exactly they should!
Oosran said:
kaena said:
I kind of feel the same thar. Everyone's getting emotional, and I just can't see why.
Well, almost. I didn't really find Air that sad either. I'd probably have to say Clannad After Story, if I'm to name an anime that kind of made me sad.
Because entertainment's job is to bring the emotions that are only possible between friends and family/relationship IRL. See Clannad made you sad so I guess this is not exactly the same format that would work on you but hey this makes me think on par with emotional deliverance with Ef/Clannad.

May 13, 2011 1:57 AM

Oct 2010
This is seriously becoming one of my all time favorites
May 13, 2011 2:34 AM

Nov 2007
Ahaha One Piece :P

Anaru was officially adorable this episode. And Yukiatsu made up for his previous attitude.
Next ep seems like a Tsurumi one? I sure hope so. She's been doing her best to help Yukiatsu, but I'm sure she also has some issues that she needs to sort out.

Poor Menma ;____;

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
May 13, 2011 3:22 AM
Apr 2011
Lulexiaa said:
Just to add on..

Im tired of Jinta thinking Menma is just a "hallucination"..
Shes THERE and shes REAL!

Well...she might NOT be. For all we know, in the distance Yadomi heard and saw the confession and that's why he knew about the hair clip back then... wouldn't it be quite the twist if it just turned out Yadomi was insane? xD That would be quite tragic, no?
May 13, 2011 3:52 AM

Oct 2008
Awww. :(
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1237 by Grimenio »»
Yesterday, 9:47 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

388 by Grimenio »»
May 14, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

328 by Grimenio »»
May 8, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

423 by Grimenio »»
May 8, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 19, 2011

218 by Grimenio »»
May 4, 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.