Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 9, 2011 1:15 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh you friend-of-the-protagonist-who's-name-I-can't-remember. Don't go teaching the shota dumb things.
And, out of all the things to write on one of those notes, who the hell came up with the idea to write "huge breasts"? ...Oh wait, I think I know who.
Oh seriously, that... was not wanted. Cheerleader shota was very, very unwanted. >_>
Also, eels and girls are always a bad good combination.
Yeah, as soon as Koyori ran out of the booth in a wedding dress, I knew Kazuma would run out in a groom's suit, which, of course, also meant that Koyori's tripping was inevitable.
Then again, who am I trying to fool? It's not like this is supposed to be some great original story.
Kinda lulzy with Ui in a penguin suit, having a china dress Sakai chasing after her.

Eh, also, wat?
OosranMay 9, 2011 1:22 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 9, 2011 3:11 PM

Oct 2010
This was a great comedic episode about the usual sports festival and I have seen dozens of times but the unique combinations and different characters always makes it fun. Obviously I loved Koyori x Kazuma as follows,

I could not believe he got a butler outfit but they sure look like a married couple. In fact Kazuma gets brownie point times 100 for not only being a good sports but also a gentleman for once.

The other other obvious parts that may please some Ayumu fans is the fact that Daigo made him wear the following,

I really though that Kazuma would punch Daigo the way he got angry but sadly I got punked when he did the thumbs up and in fact I was like O_o at his reaction. Not sure why he changed it like that suddenly because it makes no sense. Of course from the beginning the way Daigo was enthusiastic and proceeding with Ayumu gave away that something was fishy.

About Koyori, she was great in every sense with her wedding gown in the spoiler
although the gown was a little too plain. What was unfortunate is that she twisted her ankle because of not having the gown pulled over high enough and of course it hurts like a bitch. Had one a while back and it's a pain in the ass like to go through it. However Kazuma looking good, saves her quite well despite Koyori not wanting to but really what choice does she have. I guess in the end she won by being smart in extending her hand to break the line and guess it really is broadcasted. Guess that Ui came third and Tsumugi is cute hugging her sister in front of the TV. Koyori was really eager to announce her win and the little boy was so happy. Now that is a happy boy! That I liked a lot to see a sick person being happy. Of course Koyori's peace sign was cool.

About Ui, well you certainly got to love Ui's food radar and the sequence where she jumps to get at the bread. That was rather cute but the best is the whole meeting the parents, particularly Ui's mother. She is very adorable when seen with Ui in the spoiler
and as such Ui has a mix of her mother's eyes/hair color with that of her father. It truly is blend. I loved how Ui's mother teases her with this whole breast poking thing. The reaction of Ayumu and Kazuma was so hilarious.

About Kasane, considering she is my #1 favorite I was glad to see her being a staff announcer. What a hilarious joke it was at first with her witnessing Ui's insane appetite, which I have not mentioned reminds me of Lina Inverse a little. What was really cool about Kasane is that she is roller blading in this episode. My favorite of her is in the spoiler
as she announces the whole eel thing. I though it was going to get really ecchi but was a little relived it was mild with only seeing some bras. Gangler was right in being all this at most mild harem. I laughed quite well at Kasane being suddenly hit by Koyori
and of course Kasane roller blading never stops being cool. You don't see much often that in anime.
Rest in spoiler
Oh yeah end art in the spoiler
is of Kasane/Senka.
Yumekichi11May 9, 2011 3:22 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 9, 2011 6:49 PM

Apr 2011
Koyori in a wedding dress and Kazuma in a groom outfit while carrying her 'princess' style was the highlight on this episode!

Hina in a wedding dress is another highlight of this episode.

Tsumugi's was so bad at sports its Moe!

And lol, Ibuki started having feelings for our protagonist and Kazuma getting shivers. is also another highlight

Ui in a penguin suit is hilarious while being chased by Hina in a china dress
MagitoMay 9, 2011 7:02 PM
May 10, 2011 6:52 AM

Jun 2009
Of course Kazuma got the fitting outfit. Why could they not just marry?

It's getting more and more cliché. Not even entertaining anymore.
May 10, 2011 7:58 AM

Mar 2009
yeah when i saw Koyori in the costume it was pretty cliché what Kazuma's outfit was. Episode was decent, not great.
May 10, 2011 8:53 AM
Sep 2009
I just can't understand why they have a harem with so many girls, and a shota in the middle of it all. I'm pretty sure the normal demographic for harem anime does not want to see that. And when the rest of the show is so cliched and unoriginal, why would they think adding a shota into the mix is going to make it better? It's not going to stop me from continuing to watch it though, since I haven't dropped anything yet and it's a very small aspect of the show.

However, the scene in this episode... I could have overlooked it and just moved on to the next episode without saying anything, if the main character reacted normally in the situation, or just ignored the whole thing. But when he actually gave the thumbs up to his friend... This is going to end with that pairing isn't it? The whole harem thing is just a ploy to get a bunch of guys to watch the show so they can troll everyone in the end, I'm sure of it. Well whatever, bring it on. I know your game, and I will not be defeated by this.
May 10, 2011 10:36 AM

Aug 2010
Best episode so far and had the best laughs
Yumekichi11 said:
Obviously I loved Koyori x Kazuma as follows,

I could not believe he got a butler outfit but they sure look like a married couple.

Once I saw Koyori in a wedding dress I knew Kazuma would get that outfit. Koyori and Kasane are by far the cutest girls in the show but I still can't pick a favorite.

Oh, and nice to see you back again doing this stuff Yumekichi.
May 10, 2011 10:58 AM

Oct 2007
Oosran said:
Yeah, as soon as Koyori ran out of the booth in a wedding dress, I knew Kazuma would run out in a groom's suit, which, of course, also meant that Koyori's tripping was inevitable.
Then again, who am I trying to fool? It's not like this is supposed to be some great original story.
So silly and yet fit the show really well. It managed to make a pretty good laugh out of it.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 10, 2011 11:36 AM

May 2010
An ok episode. Had some giggles there.
And damn, why must that shota . . . .
May 10, 2011 12:09 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, I don't really know why, but I laughed my ass off throughout the whole episode! xD

Him being in a groom's suit was indeed pretty predictable after Koyori got a dress, but whatever! And well.. Ayumu's cheerleader outfit was... special. =P

May 10, 2011 12:51 PM

Jul 2010
A happy-go-lucky episode which I enjoyed. Preview looks interesting...
May 10, 2011 1:09 PM

Mar 2011
Loved the episode...!
Though some aspects of it could've been removed... like Hoshino Ayumu cheerleading... wtf was with that... also Nakatsugawa Ui is a penguin suit... no good at all :/
LOL the Rear End Sumo Event Was Hilarious!
aha, loved the scene right after with the Obento's Omg those made me sooo hungry...
the scenes with Koumoto Madoka were a bit overdonee.. though i can't complain...
bounce* bounce* bounce* lmfao
I must say...Sakai Hina looked amazing in that china dress :$
and Toudou Koyori looked stunning in that wedding dress ;)
looknig forward to episode 6, from the looks of it, Ping Pong match?

May 10, 2011 4:20 PM

Jun 2010
In the beginning, as soon as I saw the pink I'm like "oh god no. A cheerleader outfit." When Hina started chasing Ui, that was so funny. Pretty cute from her point of view.

May 10, 2011 4:22 PM

Mar 2010
Very cliche episode but I don't doubt the fact that I loved it! It was (to an extant) sort of unpredictable. Some of the scenes were mildly funny. While other simply didn't do much at all. The preview didn't look all that promising, but, I still look forward to it. Looking forward to the next!
May 10, 2011 4:46 PM

Sep 2009
Hmm, Hina is still my favorite character. If I was playing the VN I would go down her route first.
May 10, 2011 4:48 PM

Jan 2011
OK, the Butt Sumo contest was original, I'll have to give them that. Everything else seemed to remind me of another harem comedy. Now that sports day is finished can the beach episode be far behind?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 10, 2011 4:50 PM

May 2009
a really predictable episode, had it all figured out just with reading the title... i still liked it ~w~ and Hina in china dress and then chasing penguin-Ui was just win, i love her xD and Kasane <3~~~ so cute
May 10, 2011 5:04 PM
Aug 2010
so so far hina, madoka and the archery chick are my faves
May 10, 2011 6:39 PM
Mar 2010
This episode was facepalm-worthy.
May 10, 2011 7:10 PM

Apr 2011
prismheart said:
Yumekichi11 said:

I could not believe he got a butler outfit but they sure look like a married couple.

Pretty preidictable stuff

Honestly, they look good for each other. So, when's the honeymoon? XD

And "why are you panting!?" lol
MagitoMay 10, 2011 7:22 PM
May 10, 2011 7:20 PM

Aug 2009
I was bored as hell. Needs more Madoka.
May 10, 2011 8:29 PM

Sep 2008
I think they could have done a lot more with the eels... a lot more... like a lot of good a lot more...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2011 9:17 PM

Jul 2010
I really liked this episode, from tsmugi failing at sports to Ui downing 30 bowls = pro
fav parts being:
#1 BY FAR HINA + CHINA DRESS = my jaw dropped, never thought anime characters looked that good in the china dress till now
#2 Finish in tux and wedding dress, I was curious about the title and thought Koyor was gonna win to save liitle boy, but wasnt sure how Kazuma would be put into it
#3 Eels.... ya... umm.... its mild so its acceptable I enjoyed it right :3

ONLY PROBLEM
Whats up with Kazuma thumbs uping the cheerleading dress for Ayumu!? I aint into enjoying yuri stuff between da bros >.>
May 10, 2011 9:52 PM

Oct 2010
prismheart said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Once I saw Koyori in a wedding dress I knew Kazuma would get that outfit. Koyori and Kasane are by far the cutest girls in the show but I still can't pick a favourite.
Yeah me too but Kasane got #1 spot so far for her expressions in her first episode of intro. Just check my Hall of Fame for Females and thos expressions are what surpassed Koyori so far but Koyori is #2 still :D She may impressing me more and she may get #1. Si Kasane got the good impression with the roller blades.
prismheart said:
It's good to be balling back on the internet.
Magito said:
prismheart said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Pretty preidictable stuff
Honestly, they look good for each other. So, when's the honeymoon? XD
And "why are you panting!?" lol
I am not sure about the honeymoon so far 2 childhood friends are rivals to her but in routes, this is definitely a flag big time.

May 10, 2011 10:58 PM

Oct 2010
This is getting so boring
May 10, 2011 11:13 PM
Feb 2009
quote a boring ep if you ask me..
May 11, 2011 3:21 AM

May 2010
That was boring ! -__-
May 11, 2011 5:29 AM

Jan 2011
I agree with some folks here, this was kinda boring IMO. Maybe its just me, but this show seems like its steadily losing its fizzle while Oretachi is rasing its fizzle.
May 11, 2011 9:20 AM

Apr 2010
Hina in that China dress was hot!!
Tho Koyori in that wedding dress was also pretty nice even the letting her run on high heels wasn't such a good idea since it it's very hard to run on them.
Ui dressed up as a penguin was rather funny.
And i am still wondering where she leaves all that food.
May 11, 2011 9:33 AM

Aug 2008
lol looks like Kazuma is a brocon. I thought for sure he would punch Daigo for making his little brother dress up like a cheerleader.
May 11, 2011 10:29 AM

Aug 2010
Waw, cute girls everywhere.

Drop the little brother fetish already.

May 11, 2011 2:11 PM
Jan 2011
prismheart said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Once I saw Koyori in a wedding dress I knew Kazuma would get that outfit. Koyori and Kasane are by far the cutest girls in the show but I still can't pick a favorite.

That's cute, but I prefer Ui to be Kazuma's love interest.
May 11, 2011 2:19 PM

Apr 2009
An ok episode. Bride and groom was too cliche. More Hina is Necessary
May 11, 2011 2:21 PM

Oct 2010
Nasty001 said:
prismheart said:
Yumekichi11 said:

If we are talking about preferences of girls, basing on the closest ones being Madoka/Ui, I would have to say I am with you on that one. If it's in general Kasane all the way!

May 11, 2011 4:29 PM

Aug 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Nasty001 said:
prismheart said:
Yumekichi11 said:

If we are talking about preferences of girls, basing on the closest ones being Madoka/Ui, I would have to say I am with you on that one. If it's in general Kasane all the way!

I have feeling if there is going to be a Kazumaxsomeothergirl by the end of the series it's going to be Ui just by the way she's presented as the main girl, these other girls are just getting their "arcs" if you will. That's what I was thinking, anyway.
May 11, 2011 9:44 PM

Oct 2010
prismheart said:
I for one am hoping the serious stuff from teh VN is going to get developed but from the looks of the OP Ibuki's side will have that part but the other girls I wonder about. We shall see but the OP definitely gives out that Ibuki will have some serious stuff.

May 11, 2011 11:16 PM
Apr 2010
Wtf shota... MY EYES!!!
May 12, 2011 1:39 AM

Apr 2011
Looking at Ibuki in the OP she does look strange. Had to wonder why she's in that state.
May 12, 2011 4:53 PM

Nov 2008
I got somewhat mad when Ayumu really crossdressed in the middle of the public.
I saw it coming but seriously? he's not even hesitating...
And on top of that, FREAKIN' Kazuma even approved it!!
goddammit it's been a long while since I got really worked up over an anime щ(゚Д゚щ)
I suppose everyone else got the opposite of what I thought so I won't start the flaming.
It just made me cringe and ended up with a facepalm... can't really bear it...
Good thing there's Ui to lighten me up

PS: sorry for the rant XDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 12, 2011 5:41 PM

Oct 2010
"Hurray, Hurray, Kazuma! Ganbare, Ganbare, Kazuma! Ya~~~~y!"

Lol wasn't he even in the slightest embarrassed at all when doing that in front of the crowd?
May 12, 2011 8:15 PM

Nov 2010
Poor Ayumu...
May 12, 2011 8:32 PM

Nov 2007
the green haired loli is still annoying, and it was too predictable she'd win. uh wtf did the dude just get excited over his little brother in a cheerleader costume? that's creepy on all levels. like Ui even though I don't like most main girls. I guess Ibuki can't stop thinking about him either.

hoping for some progression with Hina, Tsumugi and Modoka. while green loli is never seen again.
May 13, 2011 12:48 PM

Feb 2011
lot of fanservice

very classic
fall wearing wedding dress
May 14, 2011 2:22 PM

Sep 2010
a lot going on, i like these kind of sports events in animes, keep it going :D.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2011 1:55 PM

Sep 2010
I don't expect Kazuma to end up with any girl at all, but if he does I would prefer Madoka, Ibuki or Koyori. I care about Ui the least.

mod edit: removed screenshot - deforms forum layout, and we've all should have seen this after watching the episode.
SaitoeMay 16, 2011 9:29 PM
May 17, 2011 5:09 PM

Jan 2009
I thought Sakai looked cute, and then when she started chasing after Ui I loled
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS
May 17, 2011 6:10 PM

Nov 2009
ZgMfx2oAFrEeDoM said:
Very cliche episode but I don't doubt the fact that I loved it!

Same here. I could see the princess being saved thing from the moment she changed. Just because something is cliche doesn't mean it can't be done right! This is a galge after all, there is little that can be done in the first place.

Very fun episode, best one yet.
May 17, 2011 11:51 PM

Oct 2010
Very fun episode. I am continuing to be surprised with how endearing what would appear to be a gaggle of cliched moege characters actually are in the series. Lots of comedy and entendre throughout. Kazuma's reverse troll after Kokubaru's stunt was... weird. I did find Madoka's characterization as an androphobe to be kinda demeaning. Ultimate Kazuma x Koyori wedding trot redeemed everything for me by the end.
May 21, 2011 12:34 PM

Sep 2008
Ayumu in a cheerleading outfit was just golden.

Ui's parents were hilarious. In the future Ui might not want to introduce her brother complex stand in to her parents. Parents have a tendency to see through this shit and are widely reputed for their lack of discretion.

A treasure chest of butt is my favorite kind of booty;)

I gotta say, I am loving the fanservice in this series. It seems to operate almost exclusively through camera placement. More series should do it that way. We don't need to have a borderline implausible bout of clumsiness every time they wanna show us the goods. Ideally this will become a trend.
Jan 7, 2012 12:39 PM
Nov 2011
I'm not sure which was funnier Ui in the plushy penguin being chased by the redheaded sempai. but its gotta be the MC groom carrying the bride. That was cute and funny!

LOL at Madoka clobbering him again.

But lol at the archer girl thinking about an indirect kiss before her first shot.
VeretaxJan 7, 2012 1:20 PM
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Visual Novel

Juto1 - May 25, 2023

1 by kou_starz »»
May 26, 2023 3:44 AM

» Worth to watch?

LukaNV - Apr 3, 2023

17 by Imnotevenweeb »»
Apr 4, 2023 9:19 PM

Poll: » Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

uis - Apr 10, 2011

134 by anajit99 »»
Apr 4, 2023 6:47 AM

Poll: » Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 26, 2011

203 by DZento »»
Jan 24, 2023 10:29 AM

Poll: » Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Oosran - Apr 25, 2011

68 by Aworkstar »»
Oct 17, 2022 7:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.