Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 20, 2011 1:37 PM

Nov 2009
Amazing new couple!!! what was with that kiss? With Yuu? i think. . . well i dont want him to be left out cuz hes so smexy!!! well somethings going on... and i cant wait 2 find out XD
Jul 2, 2011 11:57 PM
Oct 2008
yeah, how it ended there also bothered me, blame the stupid cuttings >.> on DVD releases you would know lol

Funny how most of the show we've been ogling hot yumyum boy action learning about editing and all...
Aug 13, 2011 9:10 PM

Nov 2007
I would have preferred it without 'Tori but oh well :D
-Yuki-Aug 13, 2011 9:58 PM
Aug 17, 2011 5:58 PM

Mar 2011
Awks<3 Still..prefer Ritsu&Takano.
Jan 8, 2012 11:53 PM

Jan 2008
From what i can see I like this couple more but there is still alot of time for that to change but I liked this series I love the ending song more then the opening but i like the opening to. This series is so much like Junjou Romantica but Junjou Romantica both seasons r on my top 5 list so lets see if this gets on there to.
Jun 3, 2012 4:37 PM

Mar 2009
Lol kissing in public like that is daring.
Jan 7, 2013 1:33 PM

Oct 2009
I love Tori's voice. It's my favorite VA. <3
Mar 20, 2013 12:27 PM

Jan 2013
So much kissing.
I don't know if I can handle this.
There needs to be at least one male female kiss to set this straight.

Well, it definitely wasn't boring.

so 5/5
Jul 19, 2013 9:36 PM
Aug 2011
RediceRyan said:
There needs to be at least one male female kiss to set this straight.

wrong genre

I wish all the uke characters weren't so wide eyed and the semes with the narrow sharp eyes.
Like could you be more of a token uke? We need some variety up in here.
Feb 3, 2014 8:47 AM

Jul 2012
Is that the end of the arc...? So quick LOL -checks previews- Guess not. They need more love triangle drama I guess.

Also it's pretty cool to hear Kamiyan, Tachishin and Nakamura in one show LOL

Love the ED song.
Jul 30, 2014 10:40 PM

Apr 2014
I had to pause halfway through the episode to get over myself.
I can't
stand
Chiaki.

At first I thought he was a typical overly dense character, but then Hatori explained how he hid his feelings towards him. What I thought of Chiaki improved, but nevertheless I still think his personality/character is boring and too stereotypical (though I know it's not exactly the right series to be complaining about this). I was either bored or annoyed the entire episode.
Ugh I don't know, I think it's just that I really like Takano/Ritsu's story, and it just set the bar too high. Or something like that. I know Chiaki/Hatori is more of a sidestory but still.... I can't help judging it the way I do.
Sep 27, 2014 4:59 AM

Dec 2012
Hearing Nakamura Yuuichi as Hatori made me laugh so hard considering he just played Nozaki in Gekkan Shoujo and they seem to have similar builds/both stoic.

Although I do want to see more of Takano and Ritsu, I didn't mind this side story and I was actually wondering when I'd run into a straight guy goes gay scenario (or rather just didn't realize his feelings). I wonder if these different pairing's stories are going to connect at some point.
Nov 29, 2014 3:03 AM
Oct 2014
i like this couple a lot more than ritsu and takano. their affection looks a lot more consented
Jan 18, 2015 4:12 PM

Nov 2014
It was going so well and then this episode... Who in the hell are these people??
Oct 31, 2015 1:23 PM

May 2015
Why the episode about two random dudes? I mean, I ship it, but, huh? And I guess Chiaki was wrong about the kiss and it just looked that way because of the angle he was watching?
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Jan 3, 2016 7:42 AM

Dec 2015
This one is cute. I liked the setup. It wasn't as COMPLETELY OBVIOUS as the others.
Jan 20, 2017 8:25 PM

May 2013
Awhhh, they're cute. I wish Tori explained the kiss between him and Yuu though <:/
Mar 19, 2017 9:41 AM
Oct 2016
I was so confused about the first kiss scene in this episode. It's my second time watching this series all the way through and my third time going back through this particular episode bc the first time i watched this i didn't realize their was more than one couple until like the 9th episode bc they all looked so similar. I thought chiaki was just a serious playboy the first 3/4 the first time i watched it.

but back to my original question here: when chiaki is walking by the alleyway after dropping off his manuscript. who does he see kissing in the alleyway? in the show he confirms one of them is Yuu but its really hard to tell if the other one is Tori or not. and then later when Tori and Chiaki are watching the fireworks and just in general Tori always seems so disgusted by Yuu. so were they not in the alley way kissing then and that was some other guy kissing Yuu who looked like Tori or what?

Thanks

P.S. If someone could not just answer this question but also try to back it up with either a personal opioinion or possibly help clear it up from the anime. I mean if Tori really did like Chiaki all this time for 28 yrs he said and hid it. why was he kissing Yuu in an alleyway after yelling wtf in his face and then turning around and confessing later to Chiaki and saying at the same time he wasn't going to be his editor anymore??? its just so confusing and I really didn't get that one part of the episode at all. I backed it up and rewatched the scene bit by bit and in slomo and so many of the characters faces all have the same angles for the life of me i really cant tell if it is Tori or no and if it was then Why was he doing That and to add to it later confessing to Tori if thats really how he felt? Personally I liked how they switched it up since Ritsu can get on my nerves so it was cool they switched it up but this one part i wish they explained better.

They do such a good job in this series explaining by not only what the characters say what they mean by what they say and what their thinking while their not talking that it really made this one scene uuuuuber confusing and the more i thought about this and tried to figure it out the less i did. and ive already seen this to the end so Ik how they rest of the story line goes and it still doesn't make any sense during that one part. and the most annoying thing is even later on When Torie is confessing to Chiaki hes in his head saying I wonder why hes saying he loves me when they kissed it kinda pissed me off that he didn't say it out loud so we got a better explanation.

**if anyone has any insight into this matter please help me understand it. much appreciated.
xxZBuckMar 19, 2017 9:52 AM
Jul 27, 2017 2:47 AM
Jul 2017
so hatori and yuu were just yelling at eachother right at 9:38 in episode 5 of the first season of Sekaiichi Hatsukoi right? ive always been confused about this part. ik they don't like eachother so they deff were yelling at eachother right? i just need someone else to confirm this for me. haha im a guy who doesn't have any freinds that watch yaoi/or/shounen ai so i really don't have anyone else to ask. lol thanks guys/girls :P
Jul 29, 2017 6:04 AM

Jun 2016
HOLY SHIT. FINALLY, HIROSHI KAMIYA'S CHARACTER APPEARED AND FUCK HE'S SO HOT. KYAAAAAA! FUCK ME. HAHAHAHA. OH MY GOD. I LOST IT WHEN I HEARD HIS VOICE. HEEEEELP! And holy shit it took Tori 28 years to confess. OMG THAT BED SCENE WHILE THEY'RE WET. HAAALP!

I'm in love with the ED song. It's so fitting and so beautiful. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Apr 28, 2018 9:18 AM

Nov 2017
I..what..? I'm so confused... A new cast of characters all of a sudden, but they look so much like the previous cast that it took me half the episode to realise that. I don't understand this choice the creators made at all. I'd just gotten invested in the old cast, and I'm not invested in the new cast at all. So to me the confession at the end was pretty "meh" and meaningless. Like, I was just introduced to these characters, why do I care that this guy has been in love with the other guy for 28 years?

I'd heard good things about this anime, but so far I'm left pretty disappointed.
Nov 20, 2018 7:30 PM

Dec 2012
I kept wondering who these people were, I kept thinking I must be in the wrong season haha
Feb 27, 2023 9:44 AM
Feb 2023
I'm curious about the kiss in the alley, was it a kiss? What's the story behind them two, they didn't explain it. Hopefully they do in a future episode. 
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sekaiichi Hatsukoi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Roloko - Apr 29, 2011

54 by Zerozon »»
Apr 28, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Sekaiichi Hatsukoi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

infinitejester - Apr 8, 2011

107 by Zerozon »»
Apr 27, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Sekaiichi Hatsukoi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

93 by ryo-san »»
Mar 22, 2023 4:14 AM

Poll: » Sekaiichi Hatsukoi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Roloko - Jun 17, 2011

62 by Stargazingx »»
Mar 9, 2022 4:59 PM

Poll: » Sekaiichi Hatsukoi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tenetard - May 27, 2011

67 by Stargazingx »»
Mar 9, 2022 2:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.