Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 6, 2011 10:19 AM

Sep 2010
I haven't seen the episode 4, I just got really spoiled BIG TIME about Yukiatsu's cross dressing, like WOW. I even really thought that he's hot and going to be Jinta's rival.
May 6, 2011 10:46 AM

Jul 2007
Ugh, Yukiatsu is a sad character. At first I just disliked him, but now he seems so broken.
I like how Tsurumi can always tell what he's up to.

Great episode <3
May 6, 2011 10:50 AM

Jul 2010
I waited until today to watch it for the UTW subs. Wonderful episode, my mouth was practically wide open the last few seconds lol.
May 6, 2011 11:05 AM

Aug 2009
Yukiatsu, you're an asshole. And a crossdressing freak.

Great episode, I love every single main character in this show, except for Yukiatsu of course. 5/5

And I wonder what Anaru's "friends" are up to...
May 6, 2011 11:21 AM

Oct 2010
Another thing I noticed after seeing it a 2nd time is in the spoiler
anyone notice that by Jinta squeezing Anjou's arm and her feeling pain that it seems to me Jinta has a temper problem in regards to controlling his anger. To no surprise this might be a cause towards his yelling outbursts. His running around to let the heat off also but Atsumu might be doing the same thing perhaps.

The other thing is that I am with the people that think Anjou looks astonishing with her hair as in the following spoiler
indeed she looks much more mature and ladylike IMO and nice save Jinta!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 6, 2011 11:28 AM

Sep 2010
I knew he was the one who was wearing a Menma dress because some people at last episode speculated about it and it seemed true for me and it was true. But still a very interesting episode and Yukiatsu is high in the rankings of greatest perverts this season.
May 6, 2011 11:42 AM
May 2010
For those who think Yukiatsu is a pervert:

I think he crossdress because he miss Menma and he is really sad, not because its making him sexually aroused. I guess he is traumatized by her death and have issues but it's not like it's a sexual behavior.

And also he is a jealous asshole.
May 6, 2011 11:57 AM

May 2008
I can't believe they actually did this. Don't know what to think about this, I'm not a fan of it (it seriously reminds me of stuff like School Days), but I'll guess I'll wait until it is played out completely.
May 6, 2011 12:04 PM

Jun 2009
I'm beginning to like Tsuruko more and more. ^^ Naruko always looks so beautiful. <3 I really would like to see Jinta ending up with Naruko. I know that he probably still likes Menma but she's dead.
Can't wait for next episode to learn why Yukiatsu was dressing as Menma.
May 6, 2011 12:07 PM

May 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Heck yeah! Glad to have more people on my side on that one.

MenmaxJinta is cute though but you know....she's dead....lol.

Yumekichi11 said:
I hope this will not happen but if it does it will make Jinta x Naruko more than ever since he will be the one to most likely comfort her. I wonder if Menma will help in that?

Agreed. Although, I think Tsuruko will help aswell, if it does happen..
May 6, 2011 12:32 PM
Oct 2007
Every single episode of this show is 5/5 so far. This week plot development is almost as sad and depressing compared to the first episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2011 12:38 PM

Dec 2008
Usually the ones that protest too much are the ones with the most skeletons in their closets. Case in point: Yukiatsu is a cross-dressing psychopath!!

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he pushed Menma off the riverbank because she loved Jinta and not him!!

Crucify the bastard!!!!!
May 6, 2011 12:52 PM

Sep 2010
ZaggyPlushie said:
For those who think Yukiatsu is a pervert:

I think he crossdress because he miss Menma and he is really sad, not because its making him sexually aroused. I guess he is traumatized by her death and have issues but it's not like it's a sexual behavior.

And also he is a jealous asshole.
Villetta_Nu said:
Usually the ones that protest too much are the ones with the most skeletons in their closets. Case in point: Yukiatsu is a cross-dressing psychopath!!

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he pushed Menma off the riverbank because she loved Jinta and not him!!

Crucify the bastard!!!!!

You're right, he is a psychopath (and because of that be's acting like a hentai), so he needs a clinic.
May 6, 2011 12:56 PM

Oct 2010
Villetta_Nu said:
I actually wouldn't be surprised if he pushed Menma off the riverbank because she loved Jinta and not him!! Crucify the bastard!!!!!
Ok well I am calling official 3rd dips on that though. You really think he did that? I have lots of suspicion due to that sniffing of his of the clothing but damn. Ok guess assumption in and let's see if that is what may have happened.

May 6, 2011 1:07 PM

Oct 2007
OMG Tsuruko, you are such an awesome bitch, aren't you? And you just know what to talk, what need to talk and how much you should talk.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 6, 2011 1:17 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Really good episode! This is turning into a great show.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 6, 2011 1:34 PM

Apr 2009
Great episode! Hate the cliffhanger ending, but really looking forward to next week.
May 6, 2011 1:43 PM

May 2009
this show justs gets better and better doesnt it?
May 6, 2011 2:07 PM

Sep 2010
haha starting to really like this show more and more.

May 6, 2011 2:07 PM

Sep 2007
OH.MY.GOD.

May 6, 2011 2:09 PM

Aug 2010
DO YOU THINK HE HAD AN ARMPIT FETISH
ROFL
ANARU'S FRIENDS MAY BE BITCHES BUT THEY HAVE GREAT STORIES.
May 6, 2011 2:10 PM

Jul 2010
Villetta_Nu said:

if not pushed her then i think she died because of him somehow. maybe he ran after her and she slipped of the riverbank, so basically it was his fault but he's blaming everything on Jinta, though in deep inside heart, he know his fault and is really sad.
May 6, 2011 2:10 PM

Sep 2010
Siva said:
OMG Tsuruko, you are such an awesome bitch, aren't you? And you just know what to talk, what need to talk and how much you should talk.

Most characters in anime just make misunderstandings and say wrong things. It's remarkable that there are characters that have the ability to do everything the right way.
May 6, 2011 2:56 PM

Jan 2011
oh lol...
somehow, it was easy to know Yukiatsu was obsessed with Menma
:I weird oh so weird..
well good episode, except cliffhanger.. OTL
dang it can't wait for next episode ; u ;
May 6, 2011 3:06 PM
Apr 2009
-Arthur said:
That's one of the ugliest cross dressing I ever saw in anime...

sure, because that wasnt the POINT
like hell he would cross dress for the sake of fun
this is a psychological, tragic, drama anime
not a cross dress contest pervert one
think about it before extrapolating your rant.
Yukiatsu had a big trauma because of Menma death
thus in his case, it may not be because he is pervert
for his main reason and I can go on and on on this point
because I study psychology but I wont
Ill just stop by saying, when kids live a trauma at their young age,
it may not be apparent that they develop issues
because the tragic event got implanted in their unconsciousness
but it's only after, during their teenage or adult life, we see those issues coming out.
Sorry for my weird English syntax or grammar, Im writing this without reading twice
Im just shooting ideas ^^
May 6, 2011 3:17 PM

Feb 2010
Tsuki-Hime said:
Villetta_Nu said:

if not pushed her then i think she died because of him somehow. maybe he ran after her and she slipped of the riverbank, so basically it was his fault but he's blaming everything on Jinta, though in deep inside heart, he know his fault and is really sad.

This is exactly what I've been thinking... I think the obsession he has with Menma/the cross-dressing is an obsession caused by guilt. I think something happened in accordance to her death and it was (or partially/indirectly was) his fault.

Ah. I love this show.
May 6, 2011 3:43 PM

Mar 2008
Wooo... I don't think that he is a perverted but he definitely has problems. I hope that friends help him .... somehow.

May 6, 2011 3:56 PM

Oct 2008
Nice, so far I'm lovin' each episode!

About Yukiatsu, yeah it was pretty obvious... but, hey, lets see how he reacts.

Best anime this season that's for sure!

May 6, 2011 4:02 PM

Jan 2011
I couldn't help but feel embarrassed for Yukiatsu at the end, not because he was crossdressing, but because he got caught up in his own jealous lies.
May 6, 2011 4:06 PM

Sep 2009
Derp, I agree with Lunacie. You really kind of feel bad for him as well, even though we've only seen a rather crazy side of him there's probably something more to what he did by dressing as Menma rather than just doing it to mess with them.
May 6, 2011 4:08 PM

Feb 2008
-Lunacie said:
I couldn't help but feel embarrassed for Yukiatsu at the end, not because he was crossdressing, but because he got caught up in his own jealous lies.

Exactly, It was pretty hard to watch. Its amazing how embarrassed I felt just by looking at the creepy douchebag laying on the ground

Plus I think the bastard had something to do with her death. (sorry about the rage, but i really don't like him)
rreggiebryant1May 6, 2011 4:22 PM
May 6, 2011 4:16 PM

Nov 2008
heh, is it wrong to have a huge smile on the face after seeing Yukiatsu crossdressed? XDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 6, 2011 4:23 PM

Mar 2008
Hiiiiiiidoi-desu^^

May 6, 2011 4:36 PM
Dec 2009
Wow so the people on the last discussion were right o.o I was surprised when they caught him, all that was on my mind was "What?? XD" and I think Menma should go ghostie and pick some random things up or break something to let them know that she's really there, or at least write something somewhere visible. :<
May 6, 2011 4:43 PM

Mar 2010
I know Yukiatsu is kinda..well.. is weird. But I actually kinda feel sorry for him now. The guy must of really liked her a lot or something.. it's like he took it worse then Jinta. I don't think the Peace Busters are going to hate him for this though either. Might make them even closer actually.

Gaaaaaaaaah.. I can't wait for the next episode D: I've never seen an anime with so many things going on, it's pretty neat.
May 6, 2011 4:48 PM

Nov 2010
Ahahaha,
somehow, I can't take this anime seriously.
May 6, 2011 5:35 PM

Dec 2008
I feel so fucking sorry for Yukiatsu, it brought me to tears to see him lying on the ground. I don't see the point in people calling him weird, really.
Everyone has their own ways of dealing with traumas, and in the end, none of them are really "normal", because dealing with traumas isn't suposed to be "normal". Of course that until now we don't know exactly why he was doing this, but it is a fact that it was first because of Menma's death itself. And more: Why is crossdressing that more weird than fantasizing with ghosts?

I expected more of him because he had that appearence of mature and sober, but I am glad Tsuruko is there to maintain the balance.
May 6, 2011 6:14 PM

Oct 2009
What if i just twist the story a bit, Yukiatsu is actually in love with Jinta, so he is jealous of Menma, which makes him dress up like her, to make Jinta look at him :)

I just had to.
May 6, 2011 6:45 PM

Sep 2009
...Hahahahahaha!! This is not the nostalgic slice-of-life anime you're looking for. No, this is some serious dementia comedy! gg, A-1 Pictures. Yukiatsu <3
May 6, 2011 8:13 PM
Feb 2010
I'm really liking this anime, despite it not being the kind/genre I've ever watched or been into before. The characterization is compelling, and I can't wait for ep5!

I'm glad they didn't add panty shots and loli-fanservice where they've had the opportunities in episode after episode (like Jinta seeing up Naruko's skirt, for one); I like this show so much, and that would have been an almost-but-not-quite dealbreaker.

... On a side note, I'm amused by forumgoers calling Anjou/Naruko "Anaru," which (admittedly) was her nickname back then. Despite it being formed from a combo of her surname and given name, like the other nicknames, I think the reason she objected to it so much is that "anaru" is how you say (and write in katakana) the Jap. adoption of the Eng. word "anal". アナル (anaru) is in Jap. dictionaries, if you look it up. ;)
May 6, 2011 8:19 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Shiiru said:
What if i just twist the story a bit, Yukiatsu is actually in love with Jinta, so he is jealous of Menma, which makes him dress up like her, to make Jinta look at him :)

I just had to.

Hmm. Interesting theory there. That is why Yukiatsu is so angry about Jinta obsessing over Menma. Since Yukiatsu is obsessed with Jinta....that perfectly explains it.

Otherwise, it was actually pretty PAINFUL and EMBARRASSING to watch Yukiatsu. Good episode.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 6, 2011 8:22 PM

Feb 2011
Great episode. Looking forward to the next one :D
May 6, 2011 8:55 PM

Dec 2010
HOLY SHH*T!
I WAS LIKE OMIGOD!
i CANT BELIEVE that he was dressing up as Menma.. what for? to scare the other friends? hmm. and how did Tsuruko know? Yukiatsu did sound like bull when he declared that he could see her too last episode, it was suspicious.
Whhoo, its really good now! best episode so far!! cant wait for next week.
May 6, 2011 9:03 PM

Jun 2009
I feel gyped that the big reveal was only that he wants to be a delicious trap and dresses like his dead friend. The lead-up totally felt like he was preserving Menma's corpse in his closet in some Hitchcockian fashion. Shame on the producers for pussying out!
May 6, 2011 9:24 PM

Nov 2010
Yukiatsu was soo "JUST AS PLANNED" behind that tree, which actually made me laugh 'cause HE'S SO OBSESSED WITH MENMA TO THE POINT THAT HE'D CROSSDRESS THE DEAD AND WALK THE PATH WHERE SHE DIED.

Tsuruko's soo awesome~ I love her :)))

Shiiru said:

I just had to.

ASKJHDLIAFGHAKDFHALKSDFADSF. I can just imagine..

May 6, 2011 9:27 PM

Jan 2010
Spookt said:
I feel gyped that the big reveal was only that he wants to be a delicious trap and dresses like his dead friend. The lead-up totally felt like he was preserving Menma's corpse in his closet in some Hitchcockian fashion. Shame on the producers for pussying out!

I think they didn't have him keeping her corpse cause thats just TO twisted... If you get what I mean. What I think the producers are going for is that he is emotionally scarred about her death so he cross dresses like her which is extremely disturbing but if he kept her corpse he would be totally crazy!!! He'd be a sociopath and would need lots of help and thats illegal too... So yeah I think they were going for the slightly crazy but not totally insane look for him :)

Anyway The episode was awesome!!! Loved the part where Jinta catches Anaru~ So sweet and Anarus clothing style is sooooo awesome!!! Can't wait for next weeks ep!!!
May 6, 2011 9:32 PM

Aug 2010
I knew something was up with that guy...
May 6, 2011 9:51 PM

May 2009
I can't bring myself to hate Yukiatsu. He is just too sad. He seriously needs help.

Tsuruko is impressive. Don't think anyone is sharper. It's pretty evident that she cares a lot about Yukiatsu. And she draws like a child - but that's ok.

Anaru can learn a thing from Jinta. He did something that opened him up to ridicule in order to protect Menma's feelings. She'll need it as it looks like her "friends" will probably turn on her eventually.

Poppo (unknowingly) taking Menma along when he took a leak. Hahahaha.

Oh, how I love this show.
May 6, 2011 10:01 PM

May 2009
-Arthur said:
That's one of the ugliest cross dressing I ever saw in anime...

LOLOLOL

I laugh really when Tsuruko said that the fake menma was Yukiatsu...damn, the crazy specula now become true...this is so epic episode
I love how the light show yukiatsu...

can't wait for the next episode..
"Miracles isn't something that just happen. You have to make it happen"

May 6, 2011 11:54 PM

Oct 2010
MusashiRose said:
Tsuki-Hime said:
Villetta_Nu said:
This is exactly what I've been thinking... I think the obsession he has with Menma/the cross-dressing is an obsession caused by guilt. I think something happened in accordance to her death and it was (or partially/indirectly was) his fault.
If anything about the slip could Menma have opened up her skull and died of it? She may have a fragile head like a egg so it's all possible and I doubt the current swept her away. Anyways if he did cause Menma's death, I will be T_T with rage. I don't think I would forget his face because of that TBH. What would you all do if you find out it really is him?

Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xity - Apr 28, 2011

319 by Grimenio »»
Apr 28, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1236 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

387 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

422 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.