Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 17, 2013 12:02 PM

Aug 2013
Loved the episode. Really liked all the Kurisu time :)
My Candies:
Nov 20, 2013 9:53 AM

May 2013
The Okarin and Kurisu interactions were very entertaining.
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
Dec 13, 2013 11:33 PM

Oct 2013
there are many people i know called me
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jan 19, 2014 10:54 PM
Dec 2011
great ep
Feb 20, 2014 5:25 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode as per usual. I'm really intrigued on how the story is going to play out from here now that they've got their hands on the IBN 5100. Onto the next episode!
Mar 13, 2014 12:19 AM

Dec 2013
atmmachine11 said:
Hououin Kyouma is my favorite main character of all time! This show just gets better and better...I have no clue why people found the first 10 episodes "boring" for some reason I am loving them...the characters are really interesting.

first 10?? I thought it was supposed to get good after 6 eps...

Yeah this show is pretty boring so far I don't find any of the characters likeable but I do find most of them annoying.

People like me probably think its boring because they're probably not into slice of life. Also this show is barely funny.

boy if this show continues to be lame I'm gonna go back to trusting my own judgement, and not watching a show that doesn't sound interesting regardless of how "critically acclaimed" it is.
Love and Peace!!!
Apr 14, 2014 12:08 PM

Oct 2013
Things r getting interesting.

May 3, 2014 6:23 PM

Sep 2013
Pretty funny with Okari and Makise arguing with each other.
Jun 9, 2014 3:42 PM

Jun 2011
Riga92 said:
Epic quote of the day: "The universe is like Daru - infinitely expanding"

I lol'd so hard xD

It's a good thing that they didn't spend too much time acquiring the computer, what they're going to do with it is definitely a more interesting matter.
Jun 30, 2014 2:23 PM

Apr 2014
Man, I think I have a new boy-girl-crush. He's magnificent.

Jul 1, 2014 1:03 AM

May 2014
This episode is a shining example of why I always watch this show in English: the dub script is brilliant.

Compare.

Subtitles: Mr. Braun:"Why do I get all the weirdos?"
Dub script: Mr. Braun: "You'd think I had a sign on my back that said "INSERT CRAZY HERE"...

Subtitles: Okabe:"We must complete our quest before they do!"
Dub script: Okabe:"We must realize our goal of global dominion before the upstarts cut us off at the pass!"

Subtitles: Makise: "You're the last person I want to hear that from."
Dub script: Makise: "Why hello Kettle, my name is Pot." (S-NAP!)

Subtitles: Okabe: "I'm getting you back, you should reflect on your thoughtless actions."
Dub script: Okabe: "I believe in street argo the phrase is 'payback's a bitch'." (S-NAP again)

Subtitles: Okabe: Makise? I don't remember a Makise. Where did we meet? Paris? London?
Makise: Akihabara.
Okabe: What? It's my assistant? Just say "Christina".
Dub script: Okabe: Me who? I know a lot of people by that name. Though I have to say, you remind me of someone I once knew in Paris.
Makise: You're like the most impossible human being I've ever met.
Okabe: Could it be my errant assistant? Or did you change your name from Christina?

Subtitles: Makise: I can't do this backwards!
Okabe: You can do it assistant!
Dub script: Makise: I can't be FACING backwards, genius.
Okabe (mockingly): Sure you can, I believe in you!

And many more.
Anyone who doesn't hate anime hasn't watched enough anime.
- Anonymous
Jul 1, 2014 2:14 AM

Sep 2011
TheFilthyCasual said:

Well, for me it's more like it hurts to see how much they changed the actual dialogues... It was pointless.
Don't get me wrong, from what I heard the dub is good, but I just hate when they completely change what they say :/
Jul 1, 2014 6:40 PM

May 2014
RazielZero said:
TheFilthyCasual said:

Well, for me it's more like it hurts to see how much they changed the actual dialogues... It was pointless.
Don't get me wrong, from what I heard the dub is good, but I just hate when they completely change what they say :/
I'm curious as to what exactly you mean by "hurt". People always say whenever something from the original gets changed it "hurts". What, is it so off-putting it makes you cringe or something?

Personally I couldn't care less. Normally I'd advise against rewriting the whole script unless you have the writing chops to make it as good as it was in the first place. Usually they don't, but in this case they did and it just works too well for me to criticize it for not being the same. The dub script has a flow to the dialogue the subtitles just don't have because they're translations of the Japanese script.
Anyone who doesn't hate anime hasn't watched enough anime.
- Anonymous
Jul 2, 2014 2:11 AM

Sep 2011
TheFilthyCasual said:
I'm curious as to what exactly you mean by "hurt". People always say whenever something from the original gets changed it "hurts". What, is it so off-putting it makes you cringe or something?

Well I don't like change. I mean not in everything or everywhere, it's just that I don't like when something that I love is altered in any way. Especially when I feel like that it's unnecessary since the original is already great as it is :/
It is completely all right if you like it that way. I'm just stating how I like it :P
Jul 2, 2014 11:49 AM

Dec 2012
I've been putting off this show for awhile. Everyone says it's amazing, but now that I'm watching it I find it kind of boring and uneventful. Please tell me it gets more interesting that this...
Jul 2, 2014 4:49 PM

Sep 2011
beaniesaige said:
I've been putting off this show for awhile. Everyone says it's amazing, but now that I'm watching it I find it kind of boring and uneventful. Please tell me it gets more interesting that this...

Yes, yes it does. Especially around the half mark. A lot of people didn't like the first half (not me personally, as I found it great), but it's a necessary build-up. Keep watching, you won't regret it ;) (at least I hope so, but people like that are rare)

Edit: Nevermind I see you are alreay watching more. Please continue if you see this :)
Jul 2, 2014 5:03 PM

Dec 2012
RazielZero said:
beaniesaige said:

Yes, yes it does. Especially around the half mark. A lot of people didn't like the first half (not me personally, as I found it great), but it's a necessary build-up. Keep watching, you won't regret it ;) (at least I hope so, but people like that are rare)

Edit: Nevermind I see you are alreay watching more. Please continue if you see this :)

Yeah, I'm on episode 11 now and it's definitely gotten really interesting! I see how a lot of the information is acting as a foundation for the rest of the story. I'm starting to see why everyone sings it's praise
Aug 5, 2014 3:30 AM

Aug 2012
I should have counted the times I yawned while watching this episode.
Aug 5, 2014 3:36 AM

Feb 2014
alpir said:
I should have counted the times I yawned while watching this episode.

Watch it until episode 10 or 11, if you still think it's not good, then there will be nothing can change your mind.

Actually there so much little detail in this build up that can make things interesting if you pay attention to it.
Aug 5, 2014 4:18 AM

Aug 2012
Flashoftheback said:

Watch it until episode 10 or 11, if you still think it's not good, then there will be nothing can change your mind.

Actually there so much little detail in this build up that can make things interesting if you pay attention to it.

It's interesting overall and some parts are brilliant. It's just I found this episode boring for the most part with all the pointless talking and running around.
Aug 18, 2014 8:28 PM

Jun 2014
cantius said:
My patience is wearing thin but my curiosity as to the authentic "turn around" will hold me at bay from dropping it.

Keep going bro, it's going to be amazing!
TheFilthyCasual said:
RazielZero said:

Personally I couldn't care less. Normally I'd advise against rewriting the whole script unless you have the writing chops to make it as good as it was in the first place. Usually they don't, but in this case they did and it just works too well for me to criticize it for not being the same. The dub script has a flow to the dialogue the subtitles just don't have because they're translations of the Japanese script.

Exactly, I hate when they change the meaning of some things, but this script didn't change that at all. The script has the same meaning, it's just worded MUCH better.
I didn't come here to play, I came to win. Now lets play.
Aug 27, 2014 8:00 AM

May 2013
Can someone explain that christina joke to me?
Aug 27, 2014 9:59 AM

Sep 2011
RevolverSnake said:

Japanese people say Christina with their syllables as Kurisutiina (クリスティーナ). So it was a pun on Kurisu's name by Okabe. And Kurisu keeps saying that the "-tina" is not needed.
RazielZeroAug 27, 2014 10:03 AM
Aug 28, 2014 2:18 AM

May 2013
RazielZero said:
RevolverSnake said:

Japanese people say Christina with their syllables as Kurisutiina (クリスティーナ). So it was a pun on Kurisu's name by Okabe. And Kurisu keeps saying that the "-tina" is not needed.

Ah, thank you, that makes a lot of sense.
Sep 3, 2014 7:41 AM

Oct 2013
TheFilthyCasual said:
This episode is a shining example of why I always watch this show in English: the dub script is brilliant.

Compare.

Subtitles: Mr. Braun:"Why do I get all the weirdos?"
Dub script: Mr. Braun: "You'd think I had a sign on my back that said "INSERT CRAZY HERE"...

Subtitles: Okabe:"We must complete our quest before they do!"
Dub script: Okabe:"We must realize our goal of global dominion before the upstarts cut us off at the pass!"

Subtitles: Makise: "You're the last person I want to hear that from."
Dub script: Makise: "Why hello Kettle, my name is Pot." (S-NAP!)

Subtitles: Okabe: "I'm getting you back, you should reflect on your thoughtless actions."
Dub script: Okabe: "I believe in street argo the phrase is 'payback's a bitch'." (S-NAP again)

Subtitles: Okabe: Makise? I don't remember a Makise. Where did we meet? Paris? London?
Makise: Akihabara.
Okabe: What? It's my assistant? Just say "Christina".
Dub script: Okabe: Me who? I know a lot of people by that name. Though I have to say, you remind me of someone I once knew in Paris.
Makise: You're like the most impossible human being I've ever met.
Okabe: Could it be my errant assistant? Or did you change your name from Christina?

Subtitles: Makise: I can't do this backwards!
Okabe: You can do it assistant!
Dub script: Makise: I can't be FACING backwards, genius.
Okabe (mockingly): Sure you can, I believe in you!

And many more.

rofl this is exactly why I always watch dubs. The script is just so much more authentic sounding.

I didn't find this episode as boring as most others did here. I liked it quite well, actually. That said, I wouldn't really place this series higher than a 7.5 or so at the moment. I'm counting on things getting better like everyone says it will.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 5, 2014 4:42 PM

Jan 2014
Looks like Mayuri is imitating the Odd Life of Timothy Green.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 21, 2014 11:07 AM

Jan 2014
Very little happened here, but I actually like it a lot, so I'm eager to go on.
Oct 24, 2014 10:26 PM

Jul 2014
First episode that I actually enjoyed watching of the series... I feel like a lot of the stuff before hand was stuff that probably needed to happen to develop the plot for the future episodes. I'm sure that will keep happening I hear it really gets interesting after around episode 8. Will definitely watch this series through

Maybe these first few episodes end up being more interesting after a re-watch when you know the plot more
Jan 10, 2015 5:25 AM

Dec 2014
This episode was slower than the others. I didn't really care for this one but at least now we have the IBN 5100. I want to see what Titor looks like and how he's going to use the IBN 5100 to hack SERN.
Apr 10, 2015 7:04 PM

Apr 2014
i guess it was a bad idea to start watching the first 4 episodes and then put it on hold for 5 months
had to rewatch this one because there was no cliffhanger
nice episode
Apr 22, 2015 1:56 AM

Sep 2014
So much win Okarin x Kurisu-tina ^^
"G-BACK plan" LMAO.
Looking forward to see how thing'll turn out.
Ruka cute indeed xD
May 7, 2015 11:47 PM
Feb 2015
In my mind, the only thing I'm thinking right now is, who donated the computer? Was it Okabe himself? Or John Titor?
The possibilities are just driving me nuts XD

"Daru is like the universe, infinitely expanding" lol
May 31, 2015 1:26 PM

Jul 2009
I have this feeling that Kurisu's dad is the time traveler.
Jun 18, 2015 7:10 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

Okabe's and Kurisu's interactions are hilarious.

How interesting, someone left the IBN 5100 there 10 years ago (2010 - 10 = 2000) ... interesting indeed...
Jun 29, 2015 10:50 PM

Jan 2015
cantius said:
My patience is wearing thin but my curiosity as to the authentic "turn around" will hold me at bay from dropping it.
Pretty much
Jun 30, 2015 8:29 PM
Feb 2015
they finally got the computer! Mikise and kyouma sure are bonding in a unique way :3
I wonder what her father did and why she is so against time travel. We will probably find out soon
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jul 3, 2015 12:00 AM

Apr 2015
I just love the interactions between kurisu and kyouma :3
Bruh check out my soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/wal-skynner

" Becoming an adult means hating milk chocolate and loving brocolis. "

~ Wal Skynner
Jul 27, 2015 2:47 AM

Mar 2012
Damn missed that phone call. I regret it now.
Aug 20, 2015 3:12 AM

Sep 2014
hhhmmm, looks like the plot is getting thicker.
The afternoon has gently passed me by
The evening spreads its sail against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow
Just another day
God bid yesterday goodbye...
Sep 3, 2015 3:27 AM

Jan 2015
welp, they finally found the PC
Sep 10, 2015 4:28 AM

Jul 2010
As soon as he started talking I knew he would lose.
Sep 15, 2015 5:15 PM
Feb 2015
Oh shit! I just realized that Okabe is Isaac from Baccano!!

Also ZOMG!!! Ruka's dad is Shinya Kogami!!!
Nov 24, 2015 1:41 AM

Jul 2014
Okay, so they got the IBN 5100 now?
Let's get that meaning of that email codes! I'm dying to know! >~<
Dec 4, 2015 10:43 PM

Mar 2015
So... Could John Titor be Okarin? Since if Titor really is the first "time traveller" then Okarin should be Titor cause he found the time machine.

Dec 10, 2015 3:03 PM

Jan 2014
Rewatching.

So.
Someone knew someday someone would be searching for the IBN 5100, and left it at the Yanabayashi Shrine with this knowledge.
This mysterious person could be referring to exactly Okabe?
This happened back in the 2000, year in which John Titor (the one from Beta world lines) travelled back to from 2036, but not in this world line (Alpha), where apparently 2010 is the only year in which he travelled to.

And, the person who donated it of course he actually had it, and I think Titor never said that he had it.

So, I don't think it was Titor.
And.
Titor, until now, seems the only one who can actually time-travel, while SERN has created a time-machine, they don't seem to actually succeeded on sending someone in the past (Humand is Dead), and the time machine developed by Okabe and Co. only sends text messages to the past, so by exclusion the one who donated the IBN 5100 was someone who always stayed in this worldline(s).
He had the computer, he knew (maybe) the future events (Personal experience? Or he/she was told?) and donated it. Maybe the future's Okabe did.
Dec 13, 2015 10:33 PM

Apr 2014
I wonder if the woman who had taken pictures of Okabe has some kind of relation with John Titor as she had wanted him to identify what turned out to be an IBN 5100.

I like the chemistry between Okabe and Kurisu.
Dec 29, 2015 7:21 PM
Jun 2015
(Rewatching AND Replaying the VN at the same time)

I get annoyed after knowing that people were willing to drop this series with only 4 episodes so far.

Almost every dialogue here is important to the correct development of the story (that's why they are there) :D

Pay attention people. Details.
Jan 18, 2016 11:19 PM

Dec 2015
Did John Titor leave the computer for him? Or maybe he himself?

CHRIS-TINA! Haha.
Jan 23, 2017 10:32 PM

Jan 2016

Has no one shipped Ruka and Kurisu yet??? That scene was adorable. Doesn't matter Ruka's gender. He's actually adorable as a guy. That scene couldn't have made me feel any gushier than it did. secretly curious on how ruka felt about the compliment though
Mar 9, 2017 1:07 AM
Jun 2013
im guessing someone went back in time to drop that off. Also you would think being so smart you would just go get something to carry the heavy ass pc. Yea the people dont have something right at that location,but why not go back home and get something. Also that underground kitty thing sure was weird.
souledge94Mar 9, 2017 1:22 AM
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1829 by mjjones0 »»
May 3, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

485 by Ronin_4011 »»
Apr 30, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 6, 2011

685 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 28, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.