Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 22, 2011 2:30 AM

Feb 2010
good ep!
Apr 22, 2011 2:34 AM

Nov 2007
This is undoubtedly the best show of this season so far (considering Gintama' is a sequel and not a new anime btw).

I will have to see C and Denpa Onna now to see how they actually did in their second weeks. First week for all three of these shows were pretty awesome.

Oh, and Ao no Exorcist could be pretty cool too. I am stuck with so many anime this season, i can't get enough. :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 22, 2011 2:55 AM

Sep 2008
Loved it. Becoming my favourite show this season after 2 episodes.

Really liked the ED too. I wonder if it'll change often and have different characters.
Apr 22, 2011 2:58 AM

Nov 2007
ugh, i'm so tempted to give this show a 10 already. LMFAO i still find it funny how this and tiger&bunny are my fave shows this season. the great contrast between them IS IT OBVIOUS THAT I'M A RETARD.

screw the haters, i think anaru's character is lovely. ; A ; the poor girl just wants to fit in; ADMIT IT, YOU'VE ALL DONE IT TOO. ( pretending you don't use a night light even if you actually do? FUCK YEAH THIS HAPPENS A LOT )

and anaru used tape to keep the sticker menma gave her from falling off. i cried. :[ beautiful episode as always ~
Apr 22, 2011 3:01 AM

Nov 2007
Brilliant episode. Yay for Popo and Anaru and Nokemon Gold. Tsurumi is really, really annoying so far. Yukiatsu's okay, but he clearly has a bunch of issues he needs to sort out.

I just love the atmosphere of this show. Not much really happened, but I barely noticed the episode finishing and I can't wait for next week once again.
amayadoriApr 22, 2011 3:09 AM

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Apr 22, 2011 3:05 AM

May 2010
POKEMON GOLD!!!!

Okay, so I'm guessing this is going to turn into a "Grant the dead girl's final wish" show.
Apr 22, 2011 3:06 AM
Nov 2008
Aww Anaru likes Jinta [ Jinta get a haircut ! ]
This will be sad....Yuki sniffing Menma's clothes was wtf O.o for me too..kinda obsessive....
Apr 22, 2011 3:23 AM

Jan 2010
Nokemon = ??????? that doesnt even make sense xD
But i do like Pokemon Gold thou xD

as far i like this anime
Apr 22, 2011 3:30 AM

Apr 2009
Another nice Episode, Poppo is awesome!

During the scene when Poppo visited Jinta's house there was a glimpse on Jinta's awards from middle/grade school.. I hope he gets back on track during the series.
Apr 22, 2011 3:33 AM

Feb 2011
Heh, Yukiatsu is a tsundere, right?

Aww, I like how Menma is so innocent and always try to stop her friends from quarreling, dispite the fact that they can't see her.

The episodes are reassuring me to have a great time following the development of this anime. It's such a truly emotional story.
Apr 22, 2011 3:48 AM

Aug 2010
This really seems to be a great one...you know? this competes with Hanasaku Iroha for the best slice of life of this season, but I think this is already meters ahead of it. The only disadvantage is that I think this will be only a 12 ep show. The pacing feels really nice though...
Apr 22, 2011 4:19 AM

Apr 2009
Dang, another really good heartwarming episode. Makes me remember those old days when everyone had their gameboy and playing, trading, battling pokemon out.

Seeing how bad Hanasaku episode 3 went down, I think Ano Hana is easily the best Slice of life this season and probably the best show at this rate.
Apr 22, 2011 4:24 AM

Apr 2011
SteelMaverick said:
Dang, another really good heartwarming episode. Makes me remember those old days when everyone had their gameboy and playing, trading, battling pokemon out.

Seeing how bad Hanasaku episode 3 went down, I think Ano Hana is easily the best Slice of life this season and probably the best show at this rate.

Agreed.

Yeah, the third episode of Hanasaku Iroha destroyed what the last two episodes built up.

I personally have more hope in AnoHana right now.
Apr 22, 2011 4:29 AM

Jun 2009
Iilia said:
And I don't think we have to worry about some sort of love triangle involving Yukiatsu. He wasn't in love with her, just friends, and that scene was meant to show he still remembers and treasures her memory. Anyways, the only love triangle I can see is Menma, Anaru, and Jintan.

I hope it's like that.
I rewatched episode 1 though. Yukiatsu clenched his fist in his pocket when he asked Jintan whether he likes Menma. That and the sniffing actually indicate that he might have been in love with her.
Well, we'll see. One more week to wait ...

Ousto said:
It annoys me how Anaru's hair sticks out like that...I know it's anime, but compared to the other characters, it looks silly.

I agree. I love her hair and her eyes but it really sticks out and is kind of unrealistic. It does make her look like an angel, maybe that's what they wanted.

Oosran said:
So, Menma is dead, Jintan's a hikikomori , Anaru's a closet gamer, Yukiatsu is a pervert, Tsuruko's a bitch, and Poppo's a... I don't know what.

Ahaha, well said. :D
Apr 22, 2011 4:55 AM

Sep 2010
I've seen a poster of Hourou Musuko in the game shop and I wanna play Nokemon Gold too.

The story is very beautiful, I'm pretty sure that it will have a very bad end >_<
Apr 22, 2011 5:45 AM

May 2009
Coming right after watching the second episode of Denpa Onna, which was much less enjoyable than the first one, Ano Hana really hit the spot (but not in that Yukiatsu sorta way lol). I can't adequately describe how much I've enjoyed this show so far - and it's only been 2 episodes. Visually, it looks pretty good from the character designs (Jinta's hair is fine and I've gotten used to Anaru's) to the backgrounds, etc. But more importantly, the show's solidly written and very well executed. Very sentimental. And I love the characters - even the closet weirdo and bitch. They've got such life and depth to them - particularly Anaru. And while I can understand how people might find Menma annoying, I like her quite a bit. And how many times have I replayed Secret Base (in various versions, including the beautiful one that's being used for the ED) in the past week?!
ArcticMechApr 22, 2011 5:53 AM
Apr 22, 2011 7:10 AM

Oct 2007
So, Tsuruko doesn't like Menma because Yukiatsu loves Menma instead of her? Way to become a bitch~

I loved how they made ED. When the tone of music changed in the second half the video changed too. So awesome.

P.S. QB I knew you were there!!!!!!!

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 22, 2011 7:14 AM

Jun 2009
I really like this episode! Great to see Jintan and the other three back again. And now left is Tsurumi and Yukiatsu. But I can't seem to like Tsurumi at all.

Apr 22, 2011 7:19 AM

May 2009
Another wonderful episode. I just love how atmospheric this show is.

On a side note, that woman who was crossing the street with her dog was trying to persuade her dog home with yogurt? Seriously? That must be one hell of a healthy dog.
Apr 22, 2011 7:25 AM

May 2009
Best show of the season. Really.
Apr 22, 2011 7:51 AM

Jul 2010
Popo great friend and i like that anaru is now has a better relation with jinta. very good show so far.

Also i was wondering about this since last episode. if jinta is idiot or something? he can prove menma existence easily, because she can touch him, other peoples and objects. so this is definitely not his trauma or hallucination. also he was stopping her to not open the door.

aah. i need full ending song but not Scandal one.
Apr 22, 2011 7:51 AM

Jul 2010
Good to see "Popo" could get along with Jintan just as well as before. With the addition of Naruko it's nice to see at least three of them can get along much better now. Naruko all blushed around Jintan was great to see. ^^

That Nokémon thing was pretty funny. Really reminded me of the good old Pokémon days where we would play and trade together at each other's homes.

Yukiatsu sniffing Menma's clothes was pretty disturbing. So Yukiatsu liked Menma, but Menma and Jintan liked each other while Naruko liked (and still likes) Jintan. That is some complicated shit right there! =O

Really interested how this is going to turn out! >w<

Apr 22, 2011 7:56 AM

Jul 2010
Onyxthegreat said:
So Yukiatsu liked Menma, but Menma and Jintan liked each other while Naruko liked (and still likes) Jintan. That is some complicated shit right there! =O

Exactly right. i wonder if tsurumi like Yukiatsu? not sure about that. so only Popo is left, oh well, i guess everyone loves him (as a friend though).
Apr 22, 2011 8:08 AM

Nov 2009
Wow. The atmosphere of this show really is awesome. Although i am waiting for the others to find out about the ghost menma, but that won't happen till she disappears most likely.
Apr 22, 2011 8:36 AM

Jul 2010
Tsuki-Hime said:
Onyxthegreat said:
So Yukiatsu liked Menma, but Menma and Jintan liked each other while Naruko liked (and still likes) Jintan. That is some complicated shit right there! =O

Exactly right. i wonder if tsurumi like Yukiatsu? not sure about that. so only Popo is left, oh well, i guess everyone loves him (as a friend though).
Yeah he's like the big happy guy everybody can get along with I think! =P

Although it didn't look like Yukiatsu was all that nice to him though. Then again, he's nice to nobody except Tsurumi really. I also wonder if she likes Yukiatsu as well.

Apr 22, 2011 8:38 AM

Oct 2007
It would be hilarious if Tsurumi actually like Jinta (you know the insults directed @ Jinta set her off in WcDonalds and she wasn't happy with how dress sniffer was yelling @ Jinta) and not Yukiatsu. /inc twist.
Apr 22, 2011 8:55 AM

Jan 2011
Ousto said:
Poppo is pretty weird right about to show Jinta...that.

It annoys me how Anaru's hair sticks out like that...I know it's anime, but compared to the other characters, it looks silly.

And I loved the part in the game store, there were posters for a lot of anime. Like Hourou Musuko and Working!!. And lol @ the Pokemon thing.

The part with the guy sniffing her clothes was weird though. Would have been insanely more weird if he was fapping like another poster said...but I don't think he was. xD

I really like Anaru. She's one of those people that are trying to grow up as quickly as possible and look pretty, etc, but she can't bring herself to throw out her childhood games and memories. And the fact that she was willing to play with Jinta and Poppo, shows that she hasn't completely changed. I think she blames herself a bit for Menma's death, as well...I'm looking forward to see how this plays out.
good find! you can also see a poster for Sekirei! when jintans leaving the store
Apr 22, 2011 9:12 AM

Jan 2009
Nice episode :D
Now we know more :D
Apr 22, 2011 9:32 AM

Feb 2009
I love this show and... well, 3 of its characters.

Anaru is by far my favourite, I love the fact that it's clearly shown how influenced she is by peer pressure to show that she has her own flaws. However, deep down she remains a kind girl who still just loves playing her old video games.
Poppo is lovable and hilarious, and Jintan is surprisingly a decent MC.

I like the chemistry between Anaru and Jintan, so I'd love to see more development between them, like this episode was hinting at.

I liked this episode even more than the first, actually. Really lovely atmosphere. If this show keeps it up, it could end up in my top 3 favourite anime series of all time.

Also, this show hits really close to home. Pokemon Gold? My favourite Pokemon game. Pokemon was my LIFE as a kid, and it still plays a huge role in my life. I can also seriously relate to being all that back in, like, elementary school, with awards, etc... but losing my way in the following years. Group of best friends who you loved with all of your heart? Yep, there I am again.
DropletApr 22, 2011 9:39 AM
Apr 22, 2011 9:38 AM

Jan 2009
I think that She just wanted to See all her friends together again
And at the end they (by tryings to grant her wish with every one of them) will be friends again and will see her and then she will say sth like "Thank You for everything "and she will disappear
Apr 22, 2011 9:40 AM

May 2009
Anaru is <3

Nice story....
This one gonna be the best anime for a long time IMO
Zutto Anime, Game, Manga!

Apr 22, 2011 9:43 AM

Jul 2008
I loved this episode! Nokemon <3 lol. I have a feeling this show is going to make me cry and cry and cry. Already there's so much nostalgia and looking back on childhood and missing it. The themes so far have really hit home for me. It's strange how much people change as they grow up, while at the same time staying just the same...

I really like all the characters so far. Their personalities are so distinct and colorful. I'm so looking forward to the character development (Anaru's in particular - so far she seems like she has the most depth). I feel like it has the potential to be excellent. :D
Apr 22, 2011 10:00 AM
Mar 2011
OMG! i loved this episode so much emotion so much drama. I wish i had a great friend like Poppo who is always there when you need him. The cutest part was when Anaru and Jintan "high-tened" after the Nokemon trade (lolz i miss pokemon games a lot im gonna start playing them, again after seeing this episode) i had tears in my eyes (T.T) .
Apr 22, 2011 10:02 AM

Aug 2010
Can't wait for next week ^^

Apr 22, 2011 10:12 AM

Nov 2008
Sebasu said:
I can't really seem to like Anaru's character much no matter how hard I try (and her nickname is still funny). That said, I wasn't really all that interested with Jinta's development with her.

I know why I don't like her. I know Menma is dead, but I can't help but think that she and Jinta are/were supposed to be together. It really sucks. If some sort of miracle could just happen, I would be extremely happy. I know it's better for Jinta to move on, and if it must happen, I'd rather it be with anyone else, BUT Anaru. I like everyone else, but I don't like her. Her blushing just irritated the hell out of me, but other than that, this anime is pretty awesome, and hopefully I won't start hating it b/c of her. I really hope not, b/c I know it would be a stupid reason. I love all the other characters, and I should not let one ruin such a wonderful anime. Anyways, looking forward to the next.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Apr 22, 2011 10:26 AM

Nov 2008
Menma should ask Kyuubei to grant her wish. Oh I forgot Menma didn't know her wish XDD

Anyway, this is the show that I definitely loved so far. The oozing brew of nostalgia makes this a plus of how I was when I was a kid and I can relate to this story(except the death part). The character traits are very real, even I see them in real life (Well, I don't know about the sniffing pervert though) XDD

I'M GOING TO DROP THIS!!!
TO MY PRIORITY WATCH LIST!!! XDDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 22, 2011 10:43 AM

Nov 2007
Poppo is a cool guy. Anaru is a little tsundere but what a bro! she works at a game store and you get to play games and manga with her! yeah, she's definitely liked him since back then. Yukkiatsu doesn't seem so bad but the other girl just seems like a mega bitch.
Apr 22, 2011 11:21 AM

May 2008
This might very well be a masterpiece in the making. Brilliant episodes so far.
Apr 22, 2011 11:26 AM

Jan 2011
Liked this episode, apperantly we all see how everyone went off
as for Poppo I like him, reminds me of me xD
well, as for Yukiatsu, ..I guess he liked Menma ,a lot I guess that he kept her clothes...
odd guy, well we all do some odd stuff in our life.. >>;;
as for Tsurumi, I'm really not liking her
:c she acts stuck up, but maybe thats just a cover ,who knows
all in all the episode was good xD
Apr 22, 2011 11:34 AM

May 2010
After finishing Madoka which left my mind uneasy,
ep 2 just relieved my uneasiness and brought my calm mind back.

Really liked the soothing atmosphere. So far, it's doing great.
Gotta love the romance here.
Apr 22, 2011 11:48 AM

Nov 2007
StormViruz said:
After finishing Madoka which left my mind uneasy,
ep 2 just relieved my uneasiness and brought my calm mind back.

Really liked the soothing atmosphere. So far, it's doing great.
Gotta love the romance here.

Weird. I watches AnoHana then Madoka.

Still made me happy though.

Love it when Poppo says 'Anaru', I mean, he should know better. lol.

Apr 22, 2011 12:03 PM

Jun 2009
Oh man, I really like Tsuruko. Why do you dislike her so much?
Apr 22, 2011 12:10 PM

Oct 2007
I liked how this show used Pokemon as a motif.

Gotta Catch em All!
Apr 22, 2011 12:30 PM

Mar 2009
someone needs to make a graphic for "WANNA TAKE A CRUISE TO MY JUNGLE?"
XD
Apr 22, 2011 12:31 PM

Jun 2009
As expected, this stays as the second best show this season for me. Awesome ep, i so fukken enjoyed it.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 22, 2011 12:38 PM

Sep 2007
Nokemon seems way more awesome than Pokemon.

How the fuck does Menma eat? She just totally jacked Jinta's beef. Better yet, how did she even get a bath towel around her? What would other people see? A floating bath towel? Did she materialized it out of thin air?

I guess this episode is going to confirm another love triangle between Jinta, Menma, and Yukiatsu but what about Tsuroko? Is it going to end up in some kind of love square?

I'm kind of hoping for a twist at the end of the show... something like Menma was really not a ghost but a manifestation of Jinta's subconscious desire to reunite everyone together again... or something like that.
WasabiApr 22, 2011 12:42 PM
Apr 22, 2011 12:50 PM
Jul 2018
Been a while since I've been so in love with a show this much, everything about this is awesome. Anaru is <3 after this episode.

Also, did anyone notice this?
http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp336/Theguy779/1303501144369.jpg

- Yukiatsu was with Menma at a river side
- That recurring image of her sandal caught beside a river
- Yukiatsu had the clothes she wore that day (that he smelt)

Prepare your rage.
Apr 22, 2011 12:54 PM

Sep 2009
SteelMaverick said:
100% agreed. Hanasaku has lost its place as a competitor~ maybe too soon to tell but whatever.

In love with the show already. Its brilliantly simple with the perfect pace. Like the characters and this show makes me sad for some reason.
Anyho, Yuki is a bit mysterious. Having clothes of a dead child whom he loved is truly sad and pitiful.
The OP is my favorite from the season.

Menma's wish, most probably, is bringing back the group together.
Apr 22, 2011 12:58 PM

Sep 2007
Kurofaise said:
Been a while since I've been so in love with a show this much, everything about this is awesome. Anaru is <3 after this episode.

Also, did anyone notice this?
http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp336/Theguy779/1303501144369.jpg

- Yukiatsu was with Menma at a river side
- That recurring image of her sandal caught beside a river
- Yukiatsu had the clothes she wore that day (that he smelt)

Prepare your rage.

That would be an amazing twist.
Apr 22, 2011 1:20 PM
Oct 2007
Another top notch episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

389 by Grimenio »»
Apr 30, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xity - Apr 28, 2011

319 by Grimenio »»
Apr 28, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1236 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

387 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.