Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2011 12:46 AM

Dec 2009
Yeah Yukiatsu's brief 2 seconds were creepy as hell.

<3 Anjou, episode did well to develop her character.

And Poppo is voiced by Vash the Stampede, I love that actor haha
Apr 24, 2011 12:58 AM

Oct 2007
This show is the truth.
♥.
"But at my back I always hear,
Time's winged chariot hurrying near,
And yonder all before us lie,
Deserts of vast eternity."
-- Andrew Marvell, "To His Coy Mistress"
Apr 24, 2011 1:05 AM
Sep 2010
dxthegreat said:
calling her a slut was to indicate what sort of people anjou was associating with and the image she'd developed. The thing about the schools seemed simply like a way to let off steam, something she rli didn't mean.
I would understand that tsuruko got pissed off bcoz anjou, even if she weren't speaking ill of jinta directly, were associating with people who did and didn't bother to defend jinta.
SimonLaDigger said:
No Sexual interest??? you m ean Romance interest wtf lol

Sexual interest does not mean you want 2 have sex with someone. It simply means attraction.

Sexual interest does not mean you want 2 have sex with someone. It simply means attraction.

wait is replied serious?

SEXual Interest means you are interested in having an intercourse

SEXual

Sex

know your word roots
Apr 24, 2011 2:08 AM

Apr 2010
Dude, I love the show and all that, but Yukiatsu's 2 seconds in the spotlight was terrible.

Still good episode, beginning to like Anjou.

Apr 24, 2011 2:36 AM
Mar 2010
This show actually relates a lot to me as i have drifted apart from my old friends some time ago. (we also played a lot of pokemon too)
Apr 24, 2011 6:52 AM

Jul 2008
@SimonLaDigger
it amazes me how closed ur mind is.

Apr 24, 2011 7:50 AM

Feb 2010
This was a great episode, glad they introduced Popo and their relationship with Anaru got better. I did notice the Working and Sekirei posters at the game store Anaru worked at. hehe Love the pokemon references!

Apr 24, 2011 10:19 AM

Jul 2010
this ep reminded me so much of the old days when pokemon was popular lol i had gold too :P
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Apr 24, 2011 10:34 AM

Apr 2009
I like this episode, though I'd given it a full score if it weren't for the fan service... Anyhow, I noticed in the credits that there are cups right in the end of it and one of them has the Swedish flag on it. I wonder why? (Happy, though (Swedish)). :D
Apr 24, 2011 12:28 PM

Jan 2011
Yukiatsu is definitely creeping me out with the dress and the sniffing and the general weirdness. I think it's strange that he and Tsuruko are the only two distancing themselves from the group, like they don't want to open up about something, maybe hinting towards what some people have predicted. I hate having to wait to find out.
Apr 24, 2011 12:54 PM

Mar 2009
I like this anime so much, despite that there are only 2 episodes ;O

Apr 24, 2011 2:17 PM

Sep 2010
I thought this was a great episode, we're starting to get a glimpse into their hidden personalities. :3
Anaru was pretty annoying in the first ep, but I can see her becoming an awesome character once she starts opening up to her old friends and we get to know more about her. It's obvious she's just trying to fit in with her new friends by dressing like a slut.

And yes, as countless others have mentioned, Yukiatsu creeps me out... alot...;A;

It'll be interesting to see how everything unfolds, as I'm sure all of them feel partly responsible for Menma's death. Probably will be the best new show this season! :)
Apr 24, 2011 4:03 PM

Jan 2008
Kurofaise said:
Been a while since I've been so in love with a show this much, everything about this is awesome. Anaru is <3 after this episode.

Also, did anyone notice this?
http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp336/Theguy779/1303501144369.jpg

- Yukiatsu was with Menma at a river side
- That recurring image of her sandal caught beside a river
- Yukiatsu had the clothes she wore that day (that he smelt)

Prepare your rage.

So...

On that day, Menma was likely to be looking around for Jintan, because he ran off because of embarrassment. Menma have thought to look out for Jintan by the river side. But Yukiatsu caught up to her, then he talked about how wrong 'Jintan' was. Then it goes on to say that he would never say she's ugly and that he 'likes' her.

She becomes embarrassed, a little flushed and couldn't speak a word and still insist to look for Jintan. Yukiatsu tried to grab he by the hand, but then she slipped up, could not grip onto Yukiatsu and fell into the river. He could not save her and she died.

He took her clothes, as a sign of 'What he did', that he accidentally caused her death.

ORRRRRR:

She died. He asked her parents to have a keepsake, like her clothes. The end.
Apr 24, 2011 4:13 PM

May 2009
It made me want to see my childhood friends XD
Apr 24, 2011 4:51 PM

Nov 2009
13man18 said:
Have you ever seen something so sad. I felt like part of Menma's wish was granted. That one guy Yuki I think, seems like a strange guy to me.

What him smelling what seems to be Menama's old dress is creepy or something?
Apr 24, 2011 8:31 PM

Dec 2009
prismheart said:
Nice episode, I sure hope Jintan and Anaru get together by the end of the show or I'll be bummed.

Agreed.
Apr 24, 2011 9:46 PM

Jul 2009
Gokkuri = Gollum

WHOA WAIT HOW THE HELL DID SHE EAT THE PIECE OF MEAT?!?!

._.
Dress sniffing isn't creepy at all...

NOKEMON - GETTO DA ZE!!!

Anaru is so cute :D
wheresthehandleApr 24, 2011 9:55 PM
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Apr 24, 2011 10:03 PM

Jul 2009
DoubleDango said:
^

1 a week is fine... A bitch but... If you've followed Katanagatari (once a month), some OVAs (once a few months...) or Bakemonogatari (the last few webcast episodes...).

Or Code Geass 24+25...
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Apr 24, 2011 10:16 PM

Jul 2008
That big guy redeemed the show for me a bit. I won't be dropping this yet. Perhaps until ep 3 (which is the last ep of Madoka I watched before dropping it) or ep 4 (which is the last ep of Hanasaku Iroha I watched before dropping it).

And why do white-haired girls have to be so damn annoying and unlikeable, like Menma or Sora? It seems Shiro is more of the exception rather than the rule.
entropy13Apr 24, 2011 10:32 PM
Apr 24, 2011 10:47 PM

Aug 2010
This show really brought back memories when me and my elementary school friends played pokemon and were really into battling and training them. Its funny because Naruko thought it was for kids and then she got into it. Makes me wonder what would happen if I ever met my old friends again and we did something like this.

As for the sniffing incident, I think that it is being taken the wrong way. One of the most powerful senses we have is smell, we can remember things better with aid from our senses. That scene was probably meant more to convey how much Yukiatsu truly missed Menma despite what he may have said before. I had a death in the family and whenever I encounter that person's old clothes, the smell is enough to bring back some of the memories. Perhaps Yukiatsu just didn't want to forget about Menma.
Apr 24, 2011 11:42 PM
Sep 2007
I find Menma really annoying.
Apr 25, 2011 5:46 AM

Apr 2010
Psajdak said:
I find Menma really annoying.
I find your current forum avatar absolutely mesmerizing...

Apr 25, 2011 8:05 AM

Aug 2010
NOKEMON
GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL

oh God, I'm definitely hooked on this anime.
Apr 25, 2011 8:25 AM

Dec 2008
Anaru looks exactly like Saya Takagi from High School of the Dead.

BTW, Popo ROCKS!!
Apr 25, 2011 8:34 AM

Oct 2010
This might just be my favorite anime from the spring line up
Apr 25, 2011 8:54 AM
Feb 2009
good job popo! coz the feeling of awkwardness is the only things that holding them back (at least for jinta n anjou)

beautiful ending theme for such beautiful anime...
oblivious is a bliss
Apr 25, 2011 9:40 AM

Feb 2009
wcdonalds, nokemon, stuff like this makes me lol.

I love this show, can't wait to see more!
Apr 25, 2011 11:15 AM

Jun 2009
Yukiatsu really is strange guy. So far I don't like him and Tsuruko. Glad that Naruko isn't as bad as I thought she was. I know that Jintan probably still has some feelings for Menma but since she's dead and after she gets her wish fulfilled she's going to disappear, I hope that Jintan and Naruko end up together. :)
Apr 25, 2011 12:24 PM

Sep 2010
All those things they took out off RL is indeed lol. And that nokemon game looked like firered/leafgreen on a Gameboy Advance SP. And that trading with a cable was also lol, I lost that cable many times. And at the end: Getto da ze!

But this show has some weird characters in it. Jinta is weird at first for hallucinating, but that Yukiatsu guy is the weirdest om them all. And nobody is being honest with themselves.
I also found interesting that that dog seemed to have noticed Menma on that crosswalk.

Kurofaise said:
Been a while since I've been so in love with a show this much, everything about this is awesome. Anaru is <3 after this episode.

Also, did anyone notice this?
http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp336/Theguy779/1303501144369.jpg

- Yukiatsu was with Menma at a river side
- That recurring image of her sandal caught beside a river
- Yukiatsu had the clothes she wore that day (that he smelt)

Prepare your rage.

That's indeed a pretty interesting theory you have there.
Apr 25, 2011 2:04 PM

Apr 2008
Potential HUGE spoiler:
TaihakuApr 25, 2011 2:07 PM
Apr 25, 2011 2:19 PM

Feb 2010
Man, this shows just makes me remember of the days when I was younger hanging out/fooling around with friends I don't keep in touch with anymore and how we've all drifted apart.

Makes me feel kinda sad...
Apr 25, 2011 10:42 PM

Nov 2010
VERY well done episode.

Not only did it showcase the rekindling friendship of Jintan and Anaru but it also showcased the strong feelings Anaru had for Jintan as well as how she valued her friendship with Menma. This is continuing to be my favorite this season. Can't wait for the next episode.

One thing I don't quite understand though. It's been around 10 years since the accident. However, they said that Menma always wanted to catch a rare Nokemon... but then when Jintan was buying Nokemon Gold, he said something like "You're charging me full price for a 5 year-old game?". How is it that Menma wanted a rare Nokemon that came out 5 years after she passed? Now, Menma may have wanted a rare Nokemon from an earlier version of Nokemon, but judging by how hard they worked to catch "Poison" it doesn't seem to be the case. Or I may have just read the context completely wrong...
Apr 25, 2011 11:07 PM

Oct 2010
EchoesOfMana said:
but then when Jintan was buying Nokemon Gold, he said something like "You're charging me full price for a 5 year-old game?". How is it that Menma wanted a rare Nokemon that came out 5 years after she passed?

Good point, it would be definitely more than 5 years since that day; maybe Jintan was referring to the second-hand cartridge itself Anaru was selling since it said Used on the register display - the game could have been released even earlier? Who knows..

Anyone catch the pictures of the framed certificates on display when Poppo came to visit Jintan at his house?
They showed (according to subs) Award Certificate: Silver, and a Commendation Certificate: Number 3.
Is that just a common school achievement, or is Jintan a pretty clever guy/top of his class?
Apr 26, 2011 1:49 AM

Aug 2010
I liked this episode a bit more than the previous one. I wonder how it will end though, I'm afraid there won't be "Orbs of Happiness" in this show. 5/5.
Apr 26, 2011 7:14 AM

Mar 2010
EchoesOfMana said:
It's been around 10 years since the accident.

Well, what are we basing this estimate on? It seems like everyone's been assuming this from the character designs. Given the Nokemon game timestamp we got this episode, though, it's more realistic to assume that it's been only 5 years since that incident, and that 1) everyone looked really young when they were ten/eleven years old, 2) everyone's only in the first or second year of Japanese high school now.
Apr 26, 2011 10:07 AM

May 2008
This was so nostalgic~ But kind of sad too...
Apr 26, 2011 10:25 AM

Feb 2011
so far so good
nice story

if i am right
i see Yukiatsu sniffing Menma uniform
am i right?
and how they think that is menma last wish
Apr 26, 2011 11:06 AM

Sep 2010
gracenote said:
EchoesOfMana said:
but then when Jintan was buying Nokemon Gold, he said something like "You're charging me full price for a 5 year-old game?". How is it that Menma wanted a rare Nokemon that came out 5 years after she passed?

Good point, it would be definitely more than 5 years since that day; maybe Jintan was referring to the second-hand cartridge itself Anaru was selling since it said Used on the register display - the game could have been released even earlier? Who knows..

Anyone catch the pictures of the framed certificates on display when Poppo came to visit Jintan at his house?
They showed (according to subs) Award Certificate: Silver, and a Commendation Certificate: Number 3.
Is that just a common school achievement, or is Jintan a pretty clever guy/top of his class?

Somewhere in the episode someone said something about that Jintan was doing very great at school before he began doing weird. I'm not sure, but I think it was Anaru who said something.
Apr 26, 2011 12:59 PM

Oct 2009
Heads up, Nipponsei released the full ED single.

Brb, gonna go put it on repeat while I cry in the corner ;_;
Apr 26, 2011 1:04 PM

Apr 2009
Aw, us Vietnamese girls are cute? Thanks, Poppo!

Love the little Working!! reference.

Apr 26, 2011 7:25 PM

Nov 2007
this anime is pretty good im hooked i hope it runs long

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Apr 26, 2011 11:40 PM

Nov 2008
Veronin said:
Fuck, this anime makes me extremely sad for some reason.

Same! After finishing each episode, I get this strange residual sad / nostalgic feeling. Cant wait- favorite show this season.
Apr 27, 2011 3:11 AM

Jun 2009
@Taihaku: Ahahaha, this is so sick that it actually makes me laugh. Just when I thought that he couldn't get any weirder. :D And now I kinda hope you're right just because it would be hilarious.
Apr 27, 2011 2:54 PM
Mar 2010
better then first episode..... probably for next episodes we will see an episode for all ex-friends.... it remains two charas and they seem hard to convince....
Theme is real strong of this anime, I wonder how plot will go up..... honestly I don't see an awesome character in this series, but I hope I wrong.....

next to 3rd ep
Apr 27, 2011 4:33 PM

Aug 2009
I'm loving this anime more now. It's very sad, great story great character profiles.
now I think her wish she wanted was maybe to be with that other girl or something. It's just a thought.
Apr 27, 2011 5:24 PM

Aug 2008
Aww I love this episode. It just keeps getting better and better.
Jintan needs more friends like them to help him regain his confidence.
Apr 27, 2011 9:30 PM

Sep 2009
Great anime and eps

really love the characters devolepment
Apr 27, 2011 10:39 PM

Mar 2010
Another great find.
Happy I came across this one.
Good episode just the sniffing was a little weird O_o
Taihaku said:
Potential HUGE spoiler:

:OOOOOOOOOOO
Apr 28, 2011 8:18 AM

Nov 2010
randomvoice said:
Well, what are we basing this estimate on? It seems like everyone's been assuming this from the character designs.

It wasn't an assumption I made, rather, I've read somewhere that it has been 10 years since the incident.

randomvoice said:
1) everyone looked really young when they were ten/eleven years old, 2) everyone's only in the first or second year of Japanese high school now.

Wouldn't this also be considered an assumption... ?
EchoesOfManaApr 28, 2011 9:06 PM
Apr 28, 2011 10:29 AM
Aug 2010
Taihaku said:
Potential HUGE spoiler:

You sir are super observant and it would be a huge twist for the wierd side if yuki or dark-haired girl(sorry idk the name) was wandering the forest in her dress. You get 10,000 points.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

389 by Grimenio »»
Apr 30, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xity - Apr 28, 2011

319 by Grimenio »»
Apr 28, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1236 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

387 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.