Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 22, 2011 1:25 PM

Apr 2010
Is it odd that I'm in love with this show already? I honestly think this is gonna be one of the best shows of the next 10 years. Well if they keep doing what they're doing anyway. Also Poppo Is a cool dude. And Menma is really cute! And Jintan is probably the best Hikkimori character I've seen. He's awesome. Great show.
Apr 22, 2011 1:34 PM

Oct 2007
Wasabi said:
Kurofaise said:
Been a while since I've been so in love with a show this much, everything about this is awesome. Anaru is <3 after this episode.

Also, did anyone notice this?
http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp336/Theguy779/1303501144369.jpg

- Yukiatsu was with Menma at a river side
- That recurring image of her sandal caught beside a river
- Yukiatsu had the clothes she wore that day (that he smelt)

Prepare your rage.

That would be an amazing twist.
I can see your imagination really clear, Wasabi >_<

Nice caught, Kuro.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 22, 2011 2:02 PM

Jan 2008
Already loving this series! NExt episode can't come sooner!
Apr 22, 2011 2:10 PM

Jun 2008
Nokemon, gotta catch em all!
I also noticed pictures of Hourou Musuko and Working in that store : D

This show is so cute and sad at the same time.
I can really relate to their feelings.
The story is a bit preditable though. You know that they will definitly get together at the end.
But who knows, we might get suprised ^^
Apr 22, 2011 2:49 PM

Jun 2009
Siva said:
Wasabi said:
Kurofaise said:
Been a while since I've been so in love with a show this much, everything about this is awesome. Anaru is <3 after this episode.

Prepare your rage.

That would be an amazing twist.
I can see your imagination really clear, Wasabi >_<

Nice caught, Kuro.

Great catch there. I totally see why Yukiatsu's so angry at Jintan when he still talks about Menma.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 22, 2011 3:04 PM

Jun 2009
This show gonna be one of my favorites, hope it can stay like this or even BETTER!! 6/5

Apr 22, 2011 3:35 PM

Sep 2009
"Vietnamese girls are so cute" - Poppo.
I'm a Viet guy; this show teaches lies. Overall 1/10, dropped, trollface.jpg

Ah, trading Nokemon with my buddies...the childhood I never had...;___;
Apr 22, 2011 3:41 PM

Jan 2010
This show makes me feel warm inside.
Apr 22, 2011 4:11 PM
Nov 2008
This could easily become the best anime of this season, maybe even year.
Apr 22, 2011 4:40 PM

Feb 2010
Popo is awesome
Apr 22, 2011 4:46 PM

Jun 2009
herox3 said:
Sebasu said:

Wait, what? I don't recall this.

Lol Nokemon Gold. I always hated having to trade to evolve Pokemons back in the GB days .__.

i didn't seeing him flaaping to i t but i did see him snif it and out it back
Apr 22, 2011 5:18 PM

Apr 2010
Jesus man, every ep just makes me love this show even more. The nostalgia factor probably helps a ton (Played the exact pokemon I did at that age) but I really think this is a perfect series thus far and unless it starts magically being terrible it will probably be my personal favorite anime.

Oh and poppo is pretty awesome.
Apr 22, 2011 5:53 PM
Apr 2010
Simply amazing... I'm not able to express anymore than that. :(
Apr 22, 2011 6:14 PM
Apr 2011
personally I am slightly disappointed in this episode; it's not bad, and I didn't hate it...

I guess it's just that my expectations were too high after watching such an amazing first episode. The second episode is, well, quite normal.

And I hope this doesn't become something like True Tears, I hated that anime. And Menma is starting to remind me of that girl who goes "shinichiro something something aburamushi" in True Tears, when she was walking and singing something about jintan.

I still have high hopes for this show, though.
Apr 22, 2011 6:22 PM

Mar 2010
Good ep, loving the series thus far.. Yukiatsu is a freaking weirdo though..sniffing her clothes from that day? At least it seemed like it..I wonder if he killed her or something, or "accidentally". Either way I already hate that guy.
Apr 22, 2011 6:30 PM

Jan 2010
Despite [C] being mediocre and whatnot, at least Noitamina has a heavy hitter this season with this.

The staff for it is definitely doing a good job on the "nostalgia" feeling for it. It really does bring back good memories of a typical person from Generation Y. I hope they can keep it up and get some sales out of it.
Ok™
Apr 22, 2011 7:29 PM

Aug 2009
Oooh, incredible episode... so many things were clarified. They playing "Nokemon" was epic and the part of the fight was so tense and sad :/... well, i don't have so much to say...
4/5

(THIS PIC ABOVE IS SURREAL LOL WEGWEIGJWEI)
Lay on, lay on, lay on, lay on...
Apr 22, 2011 10:09 PM
Sep 2009
This episode was so warm and nostalgic. It was really fun to watch.

Then Yukiatsu sniffed Menma's clothes and everything got awkward.
Apr 22, 2011 11:15 PM

Aug 2010
Am I one of the few weird people who like tsurumi ? Somehow I really like her a lot but just her looks and how she was when she is young but when she grew up.
I sort of dislike her yet I still like her a lot. Anaru is cute :3.. Can't wait for ep 3.
HaruchinApr 23, 2011 12:37 AM
Apr 22, 2011 11:49 PM

Jun 2009
Remind me all my childhood memories...
Apr 23, 2011 12:07 AM

Jul 2008
in defense of tsuruko, if i heard a friend talking ill of another friend behind their backs, i'd be pretty pissed off as well
She strikes me as the type of person who has no sexual interest in anyone, with absolutely 0 romantic role. Sorta like kawashima ami from toradora.

This ep was a drop from ep 1, since i felt the characters weren't as well expressed.

Still a good show so far though

my prediction for the ending:
menma's wish is to find the name of the withering flower we see in ep 1 (the cut scene where she says "onegai ga aru no"). The 5 other members of the chou heiwa basutazu frantically searches to no avail. As menma's time starts to run out (sorta like sai from hikaru no go), jinta finds one of the flowers, rests it on her lifeless body and proclaims that the flower's name is menma. At that instant the other 4 members sees the flower resting in mid air and realizes she's not a hallucination. Menma passes on with a smile. The end.
dxthegreatApr 23, 2011 12:11 AM

Apr 23, 2011 1:09 AM
Nov 2009
anjou..... what a babe xD

Apr 23, 2011 1:36 AM

Dec 2009
Pokemon~

Apr 23, 2011 1:46 AM

Jun 2009
Yeah, I could understand why Tsuruko was so pissed. I also kinda think that she left the notebook on purpose so she could piss on Anaru like she did. (That's what girls do, they are horrible!)
Plus, the "I don't want to talk to someone from a low-tier school" thing is pretty common in Japan. However, I'm sure that it's not her normal attitude. She didn't have a problem talking to Jintan, even though he's on the same school as Anaru.

Except for this scene with Anaru, she was a rather friendly character. She picked up Jintan's glasses and handed them to him. She clearly felt sorry for Jintan and Yukiatsu, when Yukiatsu got mad about Jintan mentioning Menma.

And I don't think that she has no sexual interest, though. I believe that there's a reason why she is always put very close to Yukiatsu, even in their childhood days.

Even though I wouldn't approve of a love triangle, a love square would be okay.
And I like the idea of Yukiatsu being Menma's killer much better than him being in love with her.
kusoeliteApr 23, 2011 1:52 AM
Apr 23, 2011 2:14 AM
May 2010
This is a cute ass show. Probably my favorite so far this season, although it doesn't really have any competition.
Apr 23, 2011 2:23 AM

Apr 2011
Sebasu said:

ROFL
Apr 23, 2011 2:41 AM

Sep 2008
Fuck yeah, you're never too old for Pokemon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2011 2:56 AM
Jan 2010
Easily the best show this season.
Apr 23, 2011 3:36 AM

Aug 2007
NOKEMON GETTO DASO! Loved it. This series is pretty realistic, to me. Not your standard high-school drama. Have to admit that I'm not really fond of Menma, but Poppo was lol.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Apr 23, 2011 3:39 AM

Dec 2007
Wow, so far this anime looks amazing, hopefully it continues like this. By far the best show of the season imo
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Apr 23, 2011 5:10 AM

Apr 2009
Megane-girl described Anaru perfectly.
Apr 23, 2011 8:48 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
The character development is amazing as always. Every single character's personality complements each other like pieces of a puzzle. I am impatient to wait to see how the puzzle finally comes together....

I think the reason everyone enjoys this is because we come from the same generation. An older or younger generation wouldn't fully enjoy this because it's harder to relate to it.

If this trend continues, an easy 10/10.
wakka9caApr 23, 2011 8:54 AM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 23, 2011 8:50 AM
Dec 2007
SephiriAzure said:
Sebasu said:
I can't really seem to like Anaru's character much no matter how hard I try (and her nickname is still funny). That said, I wasn't really all that interested with Jinta's development with her.

I know why I don't like her. I know Menma is dead, but I can't help but think that she and Jinta are/were supposed to be together. It really sucks. If some sort of miracle could just happen, I would be extremely happy. I know it's better for Jinta to move on, and if it must happen, I'd rather it be with anyone else, BUT Anaru. I like everyone else, but I don't like her. Her blushing just irritated the hell out of me, but other than that, this anime is pretty awesome, and hopefully I won't start hating it b/c of her. I really hope not, b/c I know it would be a stupid reason. I love all the other characters, and I should not let one ruin such a wonderful anime. Anyways, looking forward to the next.

LOL, I love Anaru (I always have a soft spot for characters with tsundere tendencies), but I hate the idea of Jintan/Anaru xD

And my reasons are similar, out of the gang, Jintan and Menma sort of belong together. If he has to move on, please let it be someone from outside the gang.
Same goes for Anaru, she should move on and get rid of those childhood feelings (which I'll never be able to take seriously, I just hate watching love triangles among little kids). The fact she still keeps blushing for Jintan like mad after so many years...bothers me. (But it makes her look sooo adorable xD but really, Tsuruko seems to be a freaking awesome character, too, at least I think her story will be just as interesting. So in short, all the females in this show are great except for ghost!Menma who I can't warm up to because she's so...Menma.)

No matter how you look at it, Jintan/Anaru is weird. Would you go out with an old friend who used to like another friend of yours who is now dead and for whose death you feel partially responsible for?
viMALApr 23, 2011 8:54 AM
Apr 23, 2011 10:27 AM

Aug 2010
I just love this show. It's so sad but at the same time it's beautiful. I love shows like this the most and this is already one of my favorites this season. I can't wait to watch more and the ED is just so touching ;~;
Apr 23, 2011 12:17 PM

Sep 2010
more of a slice-of-life in this episode, but still intriguing nonetheless
lol Nokemon & Dojimon

Shouldn't the meat be floating in mid air when Menma was eating? lol whatever

Apr 23, 2011 12:43 PM

Aug 2010
I hope Jintan and Anaru get together i mean since Menma a ghost and everything. I hate Yuki first episode his a dick second smelling Menma's cloths perv. Prediction i think Poppo part time job might be illlgeal considering he travels and stays in a fort.
Apr 23, 2011 1:48 PM

Nov 2008
Pokemon... it really made good memories playing that with friends.
Apr 23, 2011 2:29 PM

Apr 2010
dxthegreat said:
in defense of tsuruko, if i heard a friend talking ill of another friend behind their backs, i'd be pretty pissed off as well
She strikes me as the type of person who has no sexual interest in anyone, with absolutely 0 romantic role. Sorta like kawashima ami from toradora.
It looked to me like she feels herself better as Anaru since she got into a better school then her judging from the fact that she mentioned not wanting to be seen with someone from her school.
Also the part where she mentioned that her friends open their legs seems to suggest this.
You might not like it when people talk bad about one of your friends but would you really go as far as calling another friend or former friend a slut, since that's what she basically said.

People who feel themselves better then others are the worse ones themselves.
Just because you went to a better school doesn't mean your better it just means your good at studying or have the will to do so, don't go thinking like your the smartest on around or something since there are always people that outsmart you.
As a matter of fact acting all high and might and being afraid of being seen with someone we went to a lower grade school then you just demonstrates how much of an idiot you are.
Someone who is truly intelligent would not care about such things and would not make a difference between people no matter who they are.

About the episode.
I liked the reference to Pokemon it brought back some memories.
It was always nice to play.
I got a better opinion of Anaru this episode, it just seems she has a hard time expressing her feelings towards others.
And she want to be apart of something she also seems to have a hard time being herself and goes along with the crowd easily.

That Poppo guy was rather interesting and i wonder how much time he spend working to afford all those trips.
I mean he has be pretty much in every continent i saw several places in Asia Africa America even Cuba.
He must have been pretty busy tho it doesn't seem like he finished his school.
Which could cause him a hard time in the future.

I also liked all the sexual references and the way Memna reacted to them since she didn't understand what they where talking about at all.
Apr 23, 2011 3:21 PM

Jan 2011
I think that an important part of the story will be the explanation of why tsuruko has turned out the way she is--and I suspect it will involve something she did or saw on the day menma died.

It is interesting just how menma interacts with the corporeal world: she didn't stop aging when she died and now appears as an older version, she can affect physical objects, and she can consume food. All those suggest she is something much more than a "stress hallucination".

I teared up through most of the episode, I think this is going to be one of the best shows of the season.

(Now on to finish Madoka...being on holidays throws my watching schedule off.)
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 23, 2011 3:23 PM
Sep 2010
dxthegreat said:

This ep was a drop from ep 1, since i felt the characters weren't as well expressed.

Still a good show so far though

my prediction for the ending:
menma's wish is to find the name of the withering flower we see in ep 1 (the cut scene where she says "onegai ga aru no"). The 5 other members of the chou heiwa basutazu frantically searches to no avail. As menma's time starts to run out (sorta like sai from hikaru no go), jinta finds one of the flowers, rests it on her lifeless body and proclaims that the flower's name is menma. At that instant the other 4 members sees the flower resting in mid air and realizes she's not a hallucination. Menma passes on with a smile. The end.

No Sexual interest??? you m ean Romance interest wtf lol

First of all, she wasnt talking shit behind his back, if you watch the episode carefully, her friends were making fun of him, not her, she was just laughing off. Tsuruko (favourite character =3) was just I guess trying to make her point like how Yukiatsu made his point when Jintan mention Menma. I dont think she was trying to "defend" Jintan in any way at all. How do I know this? Well, in episode one when Jintan and Yukiatsu talked, why didnt Tsurkko say anything? All she did was turned her face away. Pretty pathetic if you asked me. And even then after he ran off, she wasnt concern about him at all, she was concern about Yukatsu and how Menma death stils affects him. That tells us when Anaru's friends were talking shit about Jintan, Tsuruko didnt really give shit about it but was rather shocked to see what kind of friends Anarus has. She probably feels that she should have gotten to the same school as her if she had only stuck with them (she mentions how she is easily influnence by others and tries to imitate) so maybe it was her trying to tell her she could have been a "better" person maybe even blaming her that SHE was the one that drifted apart from THEM (Yukiatsu and her) not them. Tsuroku doesnt seem to have feelings for Jintan other than maybe friendship but long distant one. Its more of a Anaru Jintan and Tsuroko Yukiatsu. Menma is obviously dead so she doesnt count lol. The way I see is going to be Anaru helping Jintan surprass Menmas death and Tsuruko helping Yukiatsu. The way I see it its going to be Jintan Poppo and Anuro vs (well not VS VS) Yukiatsu Tsurku. I mean Vs in a way of each other not talking and see who can widstand the longest from talking to each other. Although Jintan wants to get the grup back for menma sake, I believe deep down he doesnt want to. it doesnt look like any MAJOR conflicts happened btween them, just Menmas death caused them to drift apart. I think Poppo is going to be the neutral friend who tries to get them to hang out together more than Jintan. if it wasnt for Poppo, jintan and Anuru would have never hung out. The anime is pretty good I like it but kinda pissed me off that the gave the fact that Menma is dead way to early. They should have have kept us wondering if she was really dead a bit longer.
Apr 23, 2011 3:29 PM

May 2010
I'd rather marathon this than wait, cus it's killing me.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Apr 23, 2011 4:00 PM

Nov 2010
Great episode.
Apr 23, 2011 4:16 PM

Jul 2010
Kurofaise said:

Prepare your rage.

Yea, it kinda bothered me too. Quite obvious when you put the clues together, and how he managed to get her clothes.. I'd like to think it was accidental though, but he still was guilty of not helping.
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Apr 23, 2011 4:26 PM
Sep 2010
Sigsig said:
Kurofaise said:

Prepare your rage.

Maybe he accidentally killed her or something but yeah creepy that his has some of her clothes....................

Yea, it kinda bothered me too. Quite obvious when you put the clues together, and how he managed to get her clothes.. I'd like to think it was accidental though, but he still was guilty of not helping.
Apr 23, 2011 7:39 PM

May 2008
Great episode ;~; This series is going to make me cry every episode....

...and that sort of..scares me a little about Yukiatsu..some..crazy love triangle..square thing going on...

Oh god and I LOVE how they're all playing Nokemon! [Pokemon]. I friggen love it xDD "GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!" <3333

Apr 23, 2011 7:42 PM

Feb 2011
lol at Nokemon, i love ED song awesome episode 5/5 looking forward next episode
srwgfanApr 23, 2011 7:46 PM
Apr 23, 2011 8:32 PM

Jul 2008
calling her a slut was to indicate what sort of people anjou was associating with and the image she'd developed. The thing about the schools seemed simply like a way to let off steam, something she rli didn't mean.
I would understand that tsuruko got pissed off bcoz anjou, even if she weren't speaking ill of jinta directly, were associating with people who did and didn't bother to defend jinta.
SimonLaDigger said:
No Sexual interest??? you m ean Romance interest wtf lol

Sexual interest does not mean you want 2 have sex with someone. It simply means attraction.

Apr 24, 2011 12:18 AM

Jul 2008
The nostalgia hurts me so. Dammit I don't think I've ever cried so early in a show before...

The more I like this show, the more I hate how I have to wait a week to watch it. D:
Apr 24, 2011 12:20 AM

Feb 2008
why was that dude smelling that garment while saying menma's name??? i pretty sure he loved her, but thats just fucking creepy. I wonder if he had something to do with her "accident" quote unquote
Apr 24, 2011 12:22 AM

Oct 2008
I'm loving Anjou <3

Show is getting better still 8/10 though for me.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

389 by Grimenio »»
Yesterday, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xity - Apr 28, 2011

319 by Grimenio »»
Apr 28, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1236 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

387 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.