Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (31) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 22, 2011 1:27 AM

Feb 2011
Had the strongest ending amongst the winter 2011 animu. 8/10, would archive in 1080p.
Apr 22, 2011 1:36 AM
Mar 2008
This was a very powerful ending,the dark atmosphere of this series as a whole was alot like mahou shoujo lyrical nanoha,but even more twisted,since this was J.C Staff's very first take on the Magical Girl/Mahou Shoujo Genre,now as a fan of the genre in general,I do like both light hearted and dark magical girl animes,but this one was a very unique dark atmosphere take on the genre

Madoka's decision to sacrifice herself to change the world to eleminate witches to create a more positive less suffering magica puella system was well executed,but i;m kind of sad sayaka never came back to life though.and from the comments i;ve read,I don;t see why some people hate this ending and think it was predictable,because this was very different than most typical anime endings (even for the shoujo genre) and a hell alot better than Yumekui merry's rushed anime ending.
Apr 22, 2011 1:54 AM
Dec 2008
very good
didnt expect madoka to make that kind of wish
time for second season about that oriko girl ^^
my fav series of 2011.urobuchi gen gets my approval.
man..2011 will also have urobuchi's fate/zero..
nevertheless i was very entertained by this anime

btw, its Shaft not jc staff...
Apr 22, 2011 1:56 AM

Aug 2008
I liked the ending, magical girls relationship with Kyubey seemed to have gotten better because of the change, I don't think there will be another season, as the show ended up as "Magcial girls will keep fighting the evil magical beasts" - end of story.

I liked how Homura has Madoka's arrow, and how she still remembers her. :3
Apr 22, 2011 2:13 AM

Apr 2011
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF subtitles ftw.
Apr 22, 2011 2:13 AM

Apr 2009
I was chuckling at all the Nanoha vibes episode 12 was emanating. Anyway, I liked the ending. It was bittersweet, Homura lives on remembering Madoka and carries the one physical proof of it in her hair. There is a bit of an open end with the final scene. It may or may not be some apocalyptic ending with Homura being the last Puella Magi left, I for the most part don't think its an apocalyptic ending. I've got a long winded explanation for the new Demon Puella Magi System in my blog here and my other thoughts on the two episodes.

Madoka isn't quite a perfect ten in decimal terms, but since i can't use decimals here it rounds up to a 10/10 for me.
Apr 22, 2011 2:14 AM
Dec 2008
so sayaka still dies
so sayaka still doesnt get with her man
so sayaka still is a loser

SOMEONE still loses in the new universe LOLOL
Apr 22, 2011 2:14 AM

Apr 2011
kaena said:
so sayaka still dies
so sayaka still doesnt get with her man
so sayaka still is a loser

SOMEONE still loses in the new universe LOLOL

Poor Sayaka D:?
Apr 22, 2011 2:15 AM

Oct 2010
woah the opinions are pretty different here. so madoak starts to become a new religion i think.
Apr 22, 2011 2:16 AM

Apr 2011
shuncchi said:
woah the opinions are pretty different here. so madoak starts to become a new religion i think.

and Homura the protagonist! *coughsecondseasonorspinnoffcough*
Apr 22, 2011 2:19 AM
Mar 2010
Lunarachan said:
shuncchi said:

If so, it would be a sequel not a spin off .__.

-goes on /a/-

Madoka shitstorms everywhere.
Apr 22, 2011 2:27 AM

Apr 2011
herox3 said:
Lunarachan said:
shuncchi said:

If so, it would be a sequel not a spin off .__.

-goes on /a/-

Madoka shitstorms everywhere.

*watches ep 12 with subs*

NO WAI. This is even more epic with the subs. This is from now on the best anime i've seen. EVER.
Apr 22, 2011 2:36 AM

Feb 2010
i was going to -1 the series at the first part of the ep , its feels really stupid to everything be solved so easily.

but the fact that madoka changed the world , but magical girls still exist make a lot of sense , the humans world (as qb said) would be totally diferent without QB wishes.

so she changed the laws , there's no witch after a magical girl dies , but there's still something to fight against so there's a reason for QBs to make the deal.

so i will keep the 8/10.

but i still thing the waiting wasnt worth ,, i mean , ep 10 was so amazing , and this... was just ok.
Apr 22, 2011 2:44 AM

Apr 2011
I finished watching the two eps with subs, and i am going to freaking killing shaft for making the series so awesome. This is far beyond what i expected to be, and i l-o-v-e-d it. 10/10 for me!
Apr 22, 2011 2:44 AM

Sep 2010
Weak ending 3/5. Overall 8/10 though. I think i expected/wanted a dark and utterly grim ending.
Apr 22, 2011 2:52 AM

Feb 2010
Wow..I'm quite disappointed. I expected a great ending and was going to give it an applaud but right after watching episode 11 it went downfall from there. You know how you get that feeling after you finish an anime that it's like you still into it. I don't get it from this show. I'm confused if there's going to be a second season, some random person message me about a second season like 2 weeks ago. Now I'm thinking about if it's actually true or not. But really this ending is like elfen lied's ending (the anime not the manga) wth is going to happen? I'm not sure if it's adaptation answers these questions I have for this show. Well at least I know why there is a fan art of Homura holding Madoka's bow. I'm not sure what rate I would give this show, but I'll just leave it as nothing for now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2011 3:05 AM
Mar 2008
I liked it, but at the same time it was disappointing, I was expecting something more.
She makes her wish and everything (almost) is resolved? Meh, reminds me so much of Clannad AS.
Bumped to 8/10, overall this anime was a nice surprise.
Apr 22, 2011 3:12 AM

Oct 2010
I always knew it was gonna end with her becoming a Mahou shojo BUT i never expected her to be god. I feel like it was rushed for some reason. Anyways the series was truly amazing.
9/10
Apr 22, 2011 3:14 AM

Jul 2009
The ending was great and at the same time sad, that Madoka had to sacrifice herself and endure all the pain now..
She is now Madokami and will forever be with us =P

Homura is epic like always. Damn Walpurgisnight, couldn't it die after all these fire maneuvers... And then Madoka appears and everything is solved... She is overpowered lol

Apr 22, 2011 3:19 AM

Jan 2010
I cried ;~; This was one hell of an ending~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2011 3:20 AM

Jan 2011
Kurimu-chan said:
I cried ;~; This was one hell of an ending~

T_T indeed
Apr 22, 2011 3:25 AM
Jan 2011
That was too awesome for words ;_;

5/5 for both episodes and 10 for the whole serie <3.
Apr 22, 2011 3:36 AM

Nov 2010
I find it kinda awkward that my fanboyness towards quantum physics and the 11 dimensions of reality helped me understand god madoka o.O...Still for me that ending was perfect, and seriously awesome! I love how you can hear Madoka's voice cheering on Homura at the ending there. :D! This goes from a 9 to a 10 for me now.

Also for all the haters saying the ending makes no sense:
http://imperialx.wordpress.com/2011/04/22/madoka-doesnt-need-a-sequel-to-explain-itself/

That link provides a fairly concise answer to most objections in an easy to read and understand Q&A format. Try reading it before complaining about the "nonsensical" ending Madoka had.
LihnApr 22, 2011 3:44 AM
Apr 22, 2011 3:49 AM

Nov 2010
If they gave a us a grim end of the world exploding, than it would have been just like everyone was thinking? than the fandumb would be "OMG OBVIOUS END IS OBVIOUS"/

Its was a good unexpected end. Though Sayaka got screwed over. Though her dream was to make Kyousuke happy and she got that. Overall it was a very bittersweet end.

Also did anyone think it kind had a similar feeling to the ending of:
Apr 22, 2011 3:53 AM

Feb 2010
one of the best shows in recent history the ending is not bad 9/10 for the entire show.
Apr 22, 2011 4:00 AM

Dec 2010
I have to add this: now, Sayaka isn't even Madoka's best friend. :(

AND EVERYONE: Thanks to the entire thread for ruining the endings of at least two other anime and a game.
BrickBreakApr 22, 2011 4:04 AM
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

If I die tonight, I will do so fighting for everything I believe in."

Apr 22, 2011 4:03 AM

Aug 2009
paperbomb said:

Definitely, and several people have already mentioned that. Well, resembling that anime can't be a bad thing.
Apr 22, 2011 4:05 AM

Jan 2008
Well, I don't really feel the need to join the back and forth arguments/discussions because all that really matters to me is what I think. The last two episodes both made me tear up.

And it was perfect. And it was soul wrenching.

Fucking beautiful, and deserving of more than just the number "10" in my book.
Apr 22, 2011 4:09 AM

Jul 2010
Really good Show, when i startet it i never through that it would leave such an impact with me. The Ending wasn't something i had through about but with everything and what day today is, i really thing it has a very good ending.

09/10 from me.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Apr 22, 2011 4:12 AM

Jan 2011
No words to describe how perfect the anime was 100 out of 10 for me
Apr 22, 2011 4:16 AM

Nov 2010
BrickBreak said:
I have to add this: now, Sayaka isn't even Madoka's best friend. :(

AND EVERYONE: Thanks to the entire thread for ruining the endings of at least two other anime and a game.

Shit. I guess my spoiler tag was infutile. People need to remember that not everyones watched the same stuff as you.

metamorphius said:
paperbomb said:

Definitely, and several people have already mentioned that. Well, resembling that anime can't be a bad thing.

Yes. I enjoyed that anime. So it was nostalgic :)
Apr 22, 2011 4:29 AM

Feb 2009
Gosh I loved that ending! Everything felt wrapped up nicely. *-*
imperialx's blog post helped out as well.

Seriously, I felt heartbroken when Madoka's mother never remembered her, even though I knew this would happen because of her wish, it still hurt to see it in front of my eyes =.=

And I kinda wish Kyousuke liked~ Sayaka at least a little bit, I mean come on, was he even at her funeral last episode? Towards the end there was a bit of recognition when he uttered her name but.. not good enough for me ._.^. Although I know the triangle wasn't the main focus of Madoka of course. xD
Apr 22, 2011 4:31 AM

Nov 2010
i have to admit i cried a litlle xD (again manly tears hahaha) well we all said in the beginning why not wish there weren't any puela magica and with that no witches. but the wish was just wow xD

madoka said:
i want to erase every witch before they are born. Every witch form every world, from the past and the future...

kbeyui said:
do you realy want to become a god?

oh man if i could give it 11/10 i would!! people can say all they want but this was the best thing i ever seen EVER... i'm actualy speechless. realy don't know how i can discribe what i think and feel about this show only that is surpasses awsome :D
Apr 22, 2011 4:42 AM

Apr 2009
Lihn said:
I find it kinda awkward that my fanboyness towards quantum physics and the 11 dimensions

FTFY: 10 dimensions.
The eleventh dimension, or supergravity, has yet to be proven and for now is only a theory.

And, well, the show gets 8/10 from me. It was far from being flawless (as many people have stated), and the ending, albeit very good, was bittersweet. A bittersweet ending by Urobuchi Gen, for fuck's sake! I had expected something much grimmer, darker... but it was good, all right.
Also, the plot was quite predictable, and naivety/crass stupidity of main characters' actions was sometimes annoyingly unexplainable.
Yeah, yeah - before you kill me let me say that I had fun watching the show and even the annoying SHAFT-like camera angles weren't as irritating as in the case of their other series. The show was good, but not godly - as some people state.
Thus 8/10 is pretty much the perfect score for this anime. A bit more on the 8.5/10 side, though.

Apr 22, 2011 5:04 AM

Oct 2009
What an ending...

Just still wondering about one thing though, why was Sayaka with Madoka at the end?
Apr 22, 2011 5:04 AM

May 2010
Either I'm a jews or the weather is too hot, I didn't have teary eyes or a smile in the end of the series but I personally think that the ending was "tactically"nicely done so I'll give it a 8/10.
GnowmiApr 22, 2011 5:11 PM
Apr 22, 2011 5:09 AM

Jun 2009
That was pretty confusing. I kind of get a little what they were saying. So in the end Madoka died or what? But still the scene with Homura and Madoka's mom was so sad, I nearly cried there.

Apr 22, 2011 5:10 AM

Aug 2010
This was pretty epic and a surprising ending. The Madoka and Homura scene was awesome.
Apr 22, 2011 5:11 AM

Sep 2010
its getting clearer now, i would say that episode 11 was better than 12 imo but still a great series.
Apr 22, 2011 5:12 AM

Jan 2008
Aurao said:
What an ending...

Just still wondering about one thing though, why was Sayaka with Madoka at the end?

I think it was simply because she became a witch. All the girls Madoka saved were made human again right before they became a witch, whilst Kyoko and Mami simply died during a fight. Whilst Madoka's recreation of the world allowed for the resurrection of Kyoko and Mami, Sayaka already becoming a witch had made her soul gem unrecoverable.

That's my speculah, anyway.
Apr 22, 2011 5:14 AM
Jan 2011
I started tearing like 30 mins after watching the last episode. Such a great ending.
Apr 22, 2011 5:31 AM
Jul 2018
masterpiece 10/10 hands down..

read a great analysis of the end from the site i streamed it from:

----

The way I interpret this ending is that when madoka destroys all of the witches the timeline was altered and instead of witches, demons appeared as visualization of hatred and darkness.
From the way Homura speaks with Kyube I assume that the Incubators draw energy from demons the same way they did from witches, except for the fact that "mahou shoujo" (or whatever Homura now is) don't turn into demons.

So in my point of view, basically the incubators are no longer evil, they just draw energy from the dark emotions of humans by having someone destroy demons.

But this is largely speculation. If the Incubators were still considered evil, there is no way that homura would be on good terms with kyube.
Plus, it is never explored what homura gets out of defeating demons, confusing.

---

restore= just to add/edit that above response...

Madoka became the ultimate sacrifice by eliminating all possibilities of magical girls becoming witches.

In that, obviously there had to be an outlet for all the negative things in the world, hence DEMONS come forth. But these demons provide energy, which the incubators can use. However, the QB's of the universe dont need to manipulate people this time...and thus are not the enemy

i also want to add that i think people who are disappointed in the ending are the ones who wanted to see a very SAD ending. One where everybody dies or something...lol. I personally love happy endings, so im very satisfied.

also they left the opening for a season 2...that follows homura and her escapades with demons..

INCREDIBLE ANIME!!!
Apr 22, 2011 5:32 AM

Feb 2009
I found the ending to be (very) good, as opposed to the earlier parts of the show. Despite some things which could be regarded as 'asspulls', I enjoyed the whole universe 'reconstruction' thingie.

It was nice seeing Sayaka again. She was the most well-developed character in the show, as far as I'm concerned.

7/10 from me.
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Apr 22, 2011 5:39 AM

Aug 2010
I want a sequel, now!! Though it's highly unprobable we'll get one though.
Well, epic show, what can I say? My only thought at the end of it was 'And so, another chapter of my otaku life ends.' 10/10 and on my fave list.
One month of waiting for the final two episodes was a bummer but it was worth it to the end. Ironic though, I stared to watch this only after the 3rd episode.
koleareApr 22, 2011 5:43 AM
Apr 22, 2011 5:39 AM
Oct 2009
Before Madoka declared her wish, I knew she's gonna be greedy. And when she actually declared it in front of Kyuubei, for a moment there, I knew what Kyuubey was thinking, "Wait! No! You're cheating! Nooooo!!!" XD

That part where Madoka's mother not noticing that she had a daughter was really sad.

But don't worry, Madoka will be back in three days.
The window, the window shopping! Hooo!
Apr 22, 2011 5:43 AM

Jul 2008
Iisan-kun said:
Iri said:
Deus ex voto ending.

Memo to self: Self, if I am ever the nexus of an infinite number of destinies and fate lines from across multiple worlds and times and suddenly have the ability to ask for one impossible wish with the power to change history and give me and everyone else a potentially unambiguously happy ending, actually ask for that instead of derping my way into voluntary self-sacrifice so I could justify having my name on the show.

Tell me one wish that you believe to be superior. Remember, it has the be a single wish that satisfies all possible views of the problem in question; you're supposed to be God. Remember, you cannot merely think of yourselves or your friends.

Instead of saying 'I wish to kill every witches before they are born in any timeline forever and ever' she could have said 'I wish every witches dead before they are born in any timeline forever and ever' and thus evading the big burden she has to deal now with the same result.
There must be a lot of other possibility starting by 'I wish mahou shoujo do not turn into witches'.
Apr 22, 2011 5:44 AM

Jul 2009
Fantastic. So worth the wait.
Apr 22, 2011 5:53 AM

Apr 2009
Seasonreaper said:
Aurao said:
What an ending...

I think it was simply because she became a witch. All the girls Madoka saved were made human again right before they became a witch, whilst Kyoko and Mami simply died during a fight. Whilst Madoka's recreation of the world allowed for the resurrection of Kyoko and Mami, Sayaka already becoming a witch had made her soul gem unrecoverable.

That's my speculah, anyway.

Not really. In the new world, witches don't exist and QB stated that soul gems "disappear" when magical girls die, and then Madoka whisks them away to MG heaven (if you will). After the scene in the concert hall; Mami, Kyouko and Homura finish fighting one of the new demons and Mami says that Sayaka 'disappeared' because she used up all her energy.

The scene in the concert hall was her final moments before disappearing.
Apr 22, 2011 5:53 AM

Nov 2007
I don't get why so many people are calling this a happy ending? Bittersweet sure but I think it's far from happy...

Apr 22, 2011 6:03 AM

Nov 2010
all these are taken from the following blog so if somebody still has a question or tries to say this series is incomplete needs to start paying some more attention :D

Ginga-Bishoujo said:

Instead of saying 'I wish to kill every witches before they are born in any timeline forever and ever' she could have said 'I wish every witches dead before they are born in any timeline forever and ever' and thus evading the big burden she has to deal now with the same result.
There must be a lot of other possibility starting by 'I wish mahou shoujo do not turn into witches'.

Madoka’s wish was “I wish to erase every witch before they are born. Every witch from every world, from the past and the future. With my own hands.” The emphasis here is ‘with my own hands’. It’s almost mindblowing that Madoka can come up with such a flawless plan in such a short period of time.

Why did she add this? That’s because it puts her into the controller’s seat. If she simply wished for “I wish to erase every witch before they are born. Every witch from every world, from the past and the future.”, that wish would not be moderated by anyone, and the literal interpretation can be easily distorted. If you’re a lawyer, you know what I’m talking about. For instance, that wish can erase every witch as well as the Mahou Shoujo they came from. This way she wouldn’t be saving those girls at all. If Madoka is in the moderator’s seat, she has every say on how this wish should be executed, without having to specifically mention them in the wish. She’d need someone with a Harvard J.D. to include everything she plans to do in a single wish.

Thalos said:
I don't get why so many people are calling this a happy ending? Bittersweet sure but I think it's far from happy...

People say this part is unexplained, but in all honesty, that’s because you didn’t rewatch episode 1~10 before you started watching this, and your memories of Kyuubey’s explanations on how this World works has become blurred since the past six weeks. In the universe of Madoka Magica, all elements must be kept in equilibrium - unlike in the universe of Suzumiya Haruhi, where Haruhi can make things out of nothing. With Madoka now firmly in control, she executes her plans of taking the ‘mud’ out of the diminished Soul Gems, so they never become Grief Seeds from the past, present and future. Essentially, the

It was shown in episode 11 that the ‘mud’ in the Soul Gem comes from despair and pain, so that means when Madoka removes this, all this despair and pain (which is normally harvested as energy by the Incubators) has to go somewhere else. That becomes shouldered by Madoka herself. Why else did this episode air on Good Friday? Today is the day of crucifixion of the Lord, Jesus Christ and his death at Calvary. At this very moment two thousand years ago, all sins; past, future and present flew upon him. What Madoka is doing is essentially the same thing, although she is shouldering all the grief of Mahou Shoujo instead of the sin of every living man and woman (Madoka has a far smaller burden in comparison).
Pages (31) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 3, 2011

380 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 10:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.