Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (31) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 21, 2011 10:58 PM

Jul 2010
Screw the trolls XD I still think that was the best ending ever. Didn't feel cliche at all and I didn't predict it at all from episode 1. Hell, i didn't even predict mami's death, sayaka's insanity becoming a witch and kyouko dieing with her, homura's going into the past made madoka have incredible powers etc etc. I would say this anime was super unpredictable. At episode 10 I had no idea how it was going to end. But this surpassed my expectations.

Still number 1 for me no matter what anyone else says!

SIDE NOTE: Isn't it a coincidence Madoka became god on Good Friday? It feels like SHAFT planned this delay XD I give them props for this.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Apr 21, 2011 10:58 PM

Apr 2008
Meddigo said:
Holy shit it was like I was rewatching the Lain ending.

Damn reset switches.

Yeah, that ending was mostly Lain, with some TTGL and Evangelion mixed in or something.

Still sorting my thoughts out over the whole thing...
Apr 21, 2011 11:04 PM

May 2010
It was a bit much to comprehend, though most probably knew Madoka would probably make some super wish to end it all and one last thing...

FUCK OFF KYUUBEY, WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?!?!
Apr 21, 2011 11:04 PM

Aug 2009
I will confirm this to everyone.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica has ALWAYS BEEN PREDICTABLE from the start. I'm not sure why people are criticising for the ending. Every bit of situation and bit of settings were something that we've seen in other series or media and of course, this kind of ending was speculated since the first episode. Hell, even the fact about the loop was already known fact for some. That has never been what made Madoka Magica so great. It is how it was told, who it was executed, who those bits by bits united and developed, until this grand finale of bitter sweet ending. That's what makes this series something I can never forget.

Eva ending? I can finally tell you, nothing about it had any relationship with Eva except the god thing. Urobuchi ending isn't something you can compare with Anno Hideki's depression psychotic ending.
Apr 21, 2011 11:05 PM

Jun 2007
zansabarshadow said:
SIDE NOTE: Isn't it a coincidence Madoka became god on Good Friday? It feels like SHAFT planned this delay XD I give them props for this.

I don't think it was a coincidence at all, myself. Not that I think the delay was planned all along (seems like another case where they couldn't finish in time, not the first time they've delayed the end of a series *coughBakemonogataricough*) but I think the decision to air both eps 11 and 12 together, on this day wasn't just happenstance.
Apr 21, 2011 11:14 PM

Jan 2008
There's something wrong with the rating system. It only goes as high as 10/10 for Madoka. Someone fix this.
Apr 21, 2011 11:14 PM

Dec 2007
ringoo4 said:
Eva ending? I can finally tell you, nothing about it had any relationship with Eva except the god thing. Urobuchi ending isn't something you can compare with Anno Hideki's depression psychotic ending.

No, no, no.

Pushing the reset button, writing the main character out of the world, and using skillz to fix the kinks of the old world were flat out copy and pasted from Serial Experiments Lain's ending. Hell, even Homura walking around and bumping into people who didn't remember Madoka was pretty much exactly how it went with Arisu walking around at the end of Lain.
Apr 21, 2011 11:19 PM

Jun 2010
Here's my take on the ending.

Madoka's wish removed the existence of witches from the universe, in turn re-writing the whole universe. Her wish pretty much gave hope to all Puella Magi, for they now no longer have to worry about dieing and transforming into witches from their own despair.

HOWEVER, like how its been said multiple times that a wish that brings hope always brings an equal amount of despair, this is also true for Madoka's wish.

The removal of the witch system created a new system in the world which "demons" are born instead of witches. However, unlike witches, the demons are born from the negative emotions of every human, not just Puella Magi. Basically, her wish gave birth to an even more harsher system that cannot be broken, unless humanity ceases to exist. And as long as there are demons in the world, in order for humanity to survive, Puella Magi are still needed. This makes the final scene after the credits makes more sense. Probably after an unspecified amount of time, the world accumulated so much negative emotions that it gave birth to too many demons that eventually brought an apocalypse to the world and left Homura as possibly the only Puella Magi left standing.

In essence, Madoka's wish gave hope to Puella Magi, but at the price of giving the world more despair. Truly the perfect bittersweet ending imo...
Apr 21, 2011 11:21 PM

Jan 2010
Shotacat25 said:
I was in the same boat as a bunch of you. But i'm going to be completely honest here I thought the ending was magnificent. When you really think about how much the series built up to it it makes alot of sense. I know some of you may have had to endure that long time period between the last 2 eps but I started watching this just last week. I found myself so addicted that I watched them all in one sitting (well up to 10 where it stopped). I am more than satisfied with the way it ended, the first half even brought tears to my eyes, this was just such a genius anime. It all depends on how you look at it and I apologize, I can't even put what I perceived from the ending into words but it was a VERY appropriate way to end this. i seriously didn't get it until like 1 min after the end credits then I was just mind f*cked.

Ditto!!! I loved the end!!! It was so bitter sweet!!! Oh and I have to agree with what Ringoo4 said!!!

For those wha are confused what Im pretty sure happened is that Madoka changed The Mahou Shoujo Concept. It used to be:

*Make a wish with an Incubator (QB)

*Fight witches while cleaning soul gem as best you can

*Then they could eiter be killed by a witch or turn into a witch.

That was the path all of them led. It was there lives and fate.

What madokas wish did changed everything. The new Concept is like this:

*Make a contract (Maybe you get a wish it didn't say)

*Now witches never existed what they fight now are "demons". It was said this is because There will always be hate and negative emotions in the world your never going to have a totally Positive world so demons were born out of Humans hate/Negative emotions.

*Mahou Shoujos would fight these demons and then when the time comes they will "Fade out of exsistence" Thats what Mami said the new concept was.

Of course this isnt factual this is just what I percieved about it but I'm pretty sure its roughly like that. Oh and Madoka is now "God" lol. Well shes not God as in jesus god but shes atleast/definetly a divine entity!

So all in all a brilliant end to a brilliant anime! The end was executed perfectly and people we all saw Madoka becoming "God" so don't winge about it. Think of all the other things that happended. Didnt predict that did yous?

The very end of the ep was interesting to! I think those wings of Homuras are veryyy similar to the spacey place her and Madoka said goodbye in.
Apr 21, 2011 11:26 PM
Oct 2009
greatest story ever told in 12 episodes

maybe of all time
Apr 21, 2011 11:31 PM

Apr 2007
Deus ex voto ending.

Memo to self: Self, if I am ever the nexus of an infinite number of destinies and fate lines from across multiple worlds and times and suddenly have the ability to ask for one impossible wish with the power to change history and give me and everyone else a potentially unambiguously happy ending, actually ask for that instead of derping my way into voluntary self-sacrifice so I could justify having my name on the show.
Apr 21, 2011 11:32 PM

Dec 2010
Riga92 said:
Here's my take on the ending.

Madoka's wish removed the existence of witches from the universe, in turn re-writing the whole universe. Her wish pretty much gave hope to all Puella Magi, for they now no longer have to worry about dieing and transforming into witches from their own despair.

HOWEVER, like how its been said multiple times that a wish that brings hope always brings an equal amount of despair, this is also true for Madoka's wish.

The removal of the witch system created a new system in the world which "demons" are born instead of witches. However, unlike witches, the demons are born from the negative emotions of every human, not just Puella Magi. Basically, her wish gave birth to an even more harsher system that cannot be broken, unless humanity ceases to exist. And as long as there are demons in the world, in order for humanity to survive, Puella Magi are still needed. This makes the final scene after the credits makes more sense. Probably after an unspecified amount of time, the world accumulated so much negative emotions that it gave birth to too many demons that eventually brought an apocalypse to the world and left Homura as possibly the only Puella Magi left standing.

In essence, Madoka's wish gave hope to Puella Magi, but at the price of giving the world more despair. Truly the perfect bittersweet ending imo...

Bingo thats the feeling i was thinking and more glad u said it =P
Apr 21, 2011 11:34 PM

Dec 2010
hellfiredragon said:
I don't think Uribochi gets what a "Happy" ending is but this was brilliant. Completely go against the flow of the genre the entire season, then use every ending trope the genre is known for in the most deconstructive way possible. Brilliant.

On another note,

Finally, this is probably the only time that I can remember where godmoding a character hasn't felt out of place and wrong.

It kind of look like her but in the manga cover she looks short but thats what i see from the cover =P
Apr 21, 2011 11:37 PM

Dec 2010
TheTsunami said:
As I interpreted it...

Thats how i kind of seeing it
Apr 21, 2011 11:38 PM

Sep 2010
What.

I'm gonna go lurk 4chan a bit more...
Apr 21, 2011 11:38 PM

Jul 2009
LightningRamiel said:
Neogen said:
Also, another concept in Madoka is miracles and hope. I would hate to see that thrown away. But that's just my thoughts. How do you see it?

I always thought the point they were trying to make with that was that miracles and hope were a load of crap. I guess you can count this as a double subversion.

Yes, they played this throughout the whole story and then pulled this crap at the end.

The execution was terrible and made me want to puke. Madoka went from a (justifiably) scared 14 year old to the most pretentious and quixotic person in the universe, all in the matter of what? Two conversations?

Not to mention the shitload of plot elements introduced in the last episodes. And the worst part is the masses with eat it up like it's some sort of grandiose conclusion. It's not, it's just a gigantic copout to an otherwise great series.
Apr 21, 2011 11:50 PM

Jul 2009
Riga92 said:
Truly the perfect bittersweet ending imo...

It's not bittersweet though, it's just sweet, and exceedingly so. The emotional impact (or tragedy) that the series had been building from the beginning was that because of their naivety, these girls became the things they thought they were saving the world from. Now what? Madoka went god mode (on her terms), and created a world where girls fight demons. She created a stupid shounen.

It's just ridiculous on so many levels.
Apr 21, 2011 11:52 PM

Jul 2009
Iisan-kun said:

controlmajortom said:
The execution was terrible and made me want to puke. Madoka went from a (justifiably) scared 14 year old to the most pretentious and quixotic person in the universe, all in the matter of what? Two conversations?

A valid complaint, but there's a bit more to it than that. Madoka was getting more and more powerful (as was Homura) as the time looped, so when she finally signed the contract she gained a fuckload of power.
Just look at her as more like the ep10 version of herself rather than the current timeline. I doubt that it'll make much of a difference to you.

I don't think you understand what pretentious and quixotic means?
Apr 21, 2011 11:52 PM

Aug 2009
Meddigo said:
ringoo4 said:

No, no, no.

Pushing the reset button, writing the main character out of the world, and using skillz to fix the kinks of the old world were flat out copy and pasted from Serial Experiments Lain's ending. Hell, even Homura walking around and bumping into people who didn't remember Madoka was pretty much exactly how it went with Arisu walking around at the end of Lain.
Ah, I haven't watched Lain. That's pretty interesting. But, again, Madoka Magica never was entirely unique from the start.

At the end, Sayaka was... ;_;...

Sayaka was destined to get bad ending no matter what universe she is......
Apr 21, 2011 11:55 PM

Jul 2009
Iisan-kun said:
controlmajortom said:
Now what? Madoka went god mode (on her terms), and created a world where Magic Girls fight demons. She created a stupid shounen.

No, she created the basic concept of a Mahou Shoujo. That was kind of the point- the deconstruction and then the reconstruction.

And that's the thing, the reconstruction was born of plot elements introduced in the last episode, and is devoid of the emotional impact of the first "world".

I thought the producers and directors wanted to produce a different type of show, but in the end showed me they wanted to produce the same crap you can find anywhere.

Love, friendship, and hope! Rainbows!!! WOOO!!!!

Apr 2010
10/10 Madoka Love the realism spice which is way better than the regular boring sugar coated Mahou Shoujo.

Jul 2009
Iisan-kun said:
controlmajortom said:
Iisan-kun said:

controlmajortom said:

A valid complaint, but there's a bit more to it than that. Madoka was getting more and more powerful (as was Homura) as the time looped, so when she finally signed the contract she gained a fuckload of power.
Just look at her as more like the ep10 version of herself rather than the current timeline. I doubt that it'll make much of a difference to you.

I don't think you understand that she became a god-level being because of said power buildup?

Pretentious and quixotic are describing her personality....not her abilities...
Apr 21, 2011 11:58 PM
Dec 2010
I think it's the best anime I've ever seen. lol
Apr 21, 2011 11:59 PM

Jul 2009
Iisan-kun said:
controlmajortom said:
Iisan-kun said:
controlmajortom said:
Iisan-kun said:

controlmajortom said:

I don't think you understand that she became a god-level being because of said power buildup?

Pretentious and quixotic are describing her personality....not her abilities...

She's fucking god, what do you expect?

Her personality changed BEFORE she signed the contract. HERP DERP
Apr 22, 2011 12:00 AM

Jun 2009
controlmajortom said:
LightningRamiel said:
Neogen said:
Also, another concept in Madoka is miracles and hope. I would hate to see that thrown away. But that's just my thoughts. How do you see it?

I always thought the point they were trying to make with that was that miracles and hope were a load of crap. I guess you can count this as a double subversion.

Yes, they played this throughout the whole story and then pulled this crap at the end.

Not to mention the shitload of plot elements introduced in the last episodes. And the worst part is the masses with eat it up like it's some sort of grandiose conclusion. It's not, it's just a gigantic copout to an otherwise great series.
Well, I thought that there was supposed to be an equal amount of despair to the hope and vice versa. In that view, this ending was perfect. But if you had your heart set on some ridiculous "realistic" grimdark ending, then I'm not going to try to convince you.
Apr 22, 2011 12:04 AM

Jun 2010
controlmajortom said:
Riga92 said:

It's not bittersweet though, it's just sweet, and exceedingly so. The emotional impact (or tragedy) that the series had been building from the beginning was that because of their naivety, these girls became the things they thought they were saving the world from. Now what? Madoka went god mode (on her terms), and created a world where girls fight demons. She created a stupid shounen.

Did you not read my entire post? If you analyze the episode a bit more, you realize that the world is pretty much still the same, and arguably even worse. Although hope was given to the Puella Magi, the world still suffers from despair. The ending scene HEAVILY implies that demons caused an apocalypse, leaving Homura as maybe the only magical girl left.

It's fine if you truly believe it isn't bittersweet. To each their own.
Apr 22, 2011 12:05 AM

Apr 2010
Well I liked it.

Apr 22, 2011 12:05 AM

Jul 2009
DrHouse said:
[Well, I thought that there was supposed to be an equal amount of despair to the hope and vice versa. In that view, this ending was perfect. But if you had your heart set on some ridiculous "realistic" grimdark ending, then I'm not going to try to convince you.

I don't like it when shows throw out a bunch of plot elements in the final seconds to try and please the audience, which is what I think they did here.

I don't think there was any despair in the final episode, at least in regards to the conflict that was brewing the entire series. Just my opinion though. I have to feel something in order for there to be some sort of emotional impact, and I definitely felt nothing here.
Apr 22, 2011 12:06 AM

Apr 2007
Iisan-kun said:
Iri said:
Deus ex voto ending.

Memo to self: Self, if I am ever the nexus of an infinite number of destinies and fate lines from across multiple worlds and times and suddenly have the ability to ask for one impossible wish with the power to change history and give me and everyone else a potentially unambiguously happy ending, actually ask for that instead of derping my way into voluntary self-sacrifice so I could justify having my name on the show.
Tell me one wish that you believe to be superior. Remember, it has the be a single wish that satisfies all possible views of the problem in question; you're supposed to be God. Remember, you cannot merely think of yourselves or your friends.
Instead of "I wish to erase every witch from history before they are born with my own hands", how about "I wish that, from the very beginning, when a soul gem depletes that the magical girl becomes a normal girl again instead of a witch." Or if she wants to think big, since she's god now, in addition to continuing with their normal lives, they also get a bonus piece of Mami's cake as a complimentary parting gift for playing the magical girl game.
Apr 22, 2011 12:07 AM

Aug 2009
controlmajortom said:
I don't think there was any despair in the final episode, at least in regards to the conflict that was brewing the entire series. Just my opinion though. I have to feel something in order for there to be some sort of emotional impact, and I definitely felt nothing here.
So, you are saying Sayaka disappeared/died for nothing and it was nothing had to do with despair right?... Or everyone forgeting about Madoka? Or Puella Magis are still bounded by Kyuube's contraction and still has to risk themselves, and sacrifice in order to kill demons?

Yep. Totally happy.
Apr 22, 2011 12:08 AM

Jan 2011
This may just be the most torrented episode in Anime history. My GG torrents show 3306 seeds/2703 peers for episode 11 and 3397 seeds/2253 peers for episode 12. Wow!

The friendly naked cuddling seemed a little lesbian to me.
kuroshi_nazoApr 22, 2011 12:14 AM
Apr 22, 2011 12:08 AM
Nov 2009
This is one of the best animes I have ever seen. 10/10 loved it
Apr 22, 2011 12:09 AM

Jul 2009
Riga92 said:
controlmajortom said:
Riga92 said:

Did you not read my entire post? If you analyze the episode a bit more, you realize that the world is pretty much still the same, and arguably even worse. Although hope was given to the Puella Magi, the world still suffers from despair. The ending scene HEAVILY implies that demons caused an apocalypse, leaving Homura as maybe the only magical girl left.

It's fine if you truly believe it isn't bittersweet. To each their own.

Do you mean the last scene? Even if we assume that your theory is true, any of the emotional impact from the rest of the series is gone. The show barely gave two shits about the world, so why should we? It was entirely focused on Madoka's (and Majou Shoujos) tragedy, and at least in my view, gave her a pretty happy ending. I'm sorry, but I'm just not going to care about a conflict they threw together in 5 minutes.
Apr 22, 2011 12:12 AM

Aug 2009
controlmajortom said:
Even if we assume that your theory is true, any of the emotional impact from the rest of the series is gone.
You think emotional impact was gone, a lot of us don't. You don't need to force that fact too often if you are really trying to communicate with us.
Apr 22, 2011 12:12 AM

Jul 2009
ringoo4 said:
controlmajortom said:
Even if we assume that your theory is true, any of the emotional impact from the rest of the series is gone.
You think emotional impact was gone, others don't. You don't need to force that fact too often if you are really trying to communicate with us.

I never said you had to agree with me. Taking the unpopular opinion is well...taking the unpopular opinion. I'm sorry if you felt that way about my posts.
Apr 22, 2011 12:14 AM

Jun 2009
Meh the ending was alright. Can't say I went in expecting what one would be but this was ok. Though I do think the scene were she goes to all the other girls and removes the grief just by touching them was a joke. Then factor in this Good Friday stuff....... -_- really? But like I said, it was ok...wasn't all touchy-feely, wrap up the whole series in rainbows, sunshine, and happiness. Would have hated something like that.

Not sure how I'd rate this though because I was loving it right up until the break and I think the time between then and now takes away from it. I'd marathon it just to figure out how I feel about the series as a whole but doing that can't match how I reacted to the twists and surprises that hit me throughout.

All I can say it's between 7-9/10
Apr 22, 2011 12:14 AM

Feb 2010
Dat ending

Definitely not what I'd expect from Gen, but I was content with it.
Apr 22, 2011 12:15 AM

Aug 2009
controlmajortom said:
ringoo4 said:
controlmajortom said:
You think emotional impact was gone, others don't. You don't need to force that fact too often if you are really trying to communicate with us.

I never said you had to agree with me. Taking the unpopular opinion is well...taking the unpopular opinion. I'm sorry if you felt that way about my posts.
If that's the fact, at least prevent from being too deterministic with posts and try to actually support it with the much more specific detail from the solid presentation that was given in the scene. Otherwise, it is nothing more than attention seeking.
Apr 22, 2011 12:17 AM

Jul 2009
ringoo4 said:
controlmajortom said:
ringoo4 said:
controlmajortom said:

If that's the fact, don't say things in deterministic perspective and try to actually support it with the much more specific detail from the solid presentation that was given in the scene. Otherwise, it is nothing more than attention seeking.

No one is going to follow up all their posts with "in my opinion". In something like this, it's quite obvious I'm giving my perspective. If you don't like that, then boo hoo, really.
Apr 22, 2011 12:18 AM

Aug 2009
MADOKA MINDFUCK

I cried too much on Sayaka's part...
Apr 22, 2011 12:28 AM

Dec 2009
Demons cause an apocalypse. Homura is the last remnant of the human race. The End. *waits for slice-of-life prequel/sequel/alternate version*
Apr 22, 2011 12:30 AM

Nov 2008
Sayonara7 said:
Shotacat25 said:
I was in the same boat as a bunch of you. But i'm going to be completely honest here I thought the ending was magnificent. When you really think about how much the series built up to it it makes alot of sense. I know some of you may have had to endure that long time period between the last 2 eps but I started watching this just last week. I found myself so addicted that I watched them all in one sitting (well up to 10 where it stopped). I am more than satisfied with the way it ended, the first half even brought tears to my eyes, this was just such a genius anime. It all depends on how you look at it and I apologize, I can't even put what I perceived from the ending into words but it was a VERY appropriate way to end this. i seriously didn't get it until like 1 min after the end credits then I was just mind f*cked.

Ditto!!! I loved the end!!! It was so bitter sweet!!! Oh and I have to agree with what Ringoo4 said!!!

For those wha are confused what Im pretty sure happened is that Madoka changed The Mahou Shoujo Concept. It used to be:

*Make a wish with an Incubator (QB)

*Fight witches while cleaning soul gem as best you can

*Then they could eiter be killed by a witch or turn into a witch.

That was the path all of them led. It was there lives and fate.

What madokas wish did changed everything. The new Concept is like this:

*Make a contract (Maybe you get a wish it didn't say)

*Now witches never existed what they fight now are "demons". It was said this is because There will always be hate and negative emotions in the world your never going to have a totally Positive world so demons were born out of Humans hate/Negative emotions.

*Mahou Shoujos would fight these demons and then when the time comes they will "Fade out of exsistence" Thats what Mami said the new concept was.

Of course this isnt factual this is just what I percieved about it but I'm pretty sure its roughly like that. Oh and Madoka is now "God" lol. Well shes not God as in jesus god but shes atleast/definetly a divine entity!

So all in all a brilliant end to a brilliant anime! The end was executed perfectly and people we all saw Madoka becoming "God" so don't winge about it. Think of all the other things that happended. Didnt predict that did yous?

The very end of the ep was interesting to! I think those wings of Homuras are veryyy similar to the spacey place her and Madoka said goodbye in.

Well said indeed. I think what the writers were aiming for was a happy...yet still u guys are in a f*ucked up situation with alot of responsibility for 15+ yr old girls type thing XD. The changing of the system seemingly turned it into a less "painful" system but still a lucrative one. I dunno about other people, I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion. This anime is like a pc of artwork and can be interpreted however the viewer can, but I'm just going to go ahead and say this may possibly be the best anime I've ever seen, this was the greatest story told in only 12 episodes usually it will take another season to pull off what madoka magica did.

Apr 22, 2011 12:40 AM

Aug 2009
I just saw this on Facebook >.<
The Church of Madoka
Apr 22, 2011 12:41 AM

Feb 2011
thinking about the description of madaka's witch form, it may be possible she already trasformed and the new world is all an illusion :|
but i'll need a second season to know if it's like that :P

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Apr 22, 2011 12:43 AM
Jul 2010
This ending was amazing. Simply amazing. It was everything I wanted yet I never thought they'd be able to pull it of. Madoka was amazing in the end. Her decision was not only brave but that of a genius. The new system she created not only doesn't turn magical girls into witches (thus brings less suffering to them) but still has an escape for the world's hate and despair and Incubators can still work to prevent the heat death of the Universe. It's great for everyone except for Madoka who has to work for all eternity to maintain this rather unnatural flow of things. But that's what she wanted and she's happy with it. That realization and the power to fulfill such a wish were only possible due to what Homura did in all those timelines and seeing that it wasn't useless left me happy. I never thought they'd go for the happy ending (though not completely happy) but the execution was so amazing that I have no complains at all. This is one of the best anime I've ever watched. No doubt about the 10/10.
Apr 22, 2011 12:46 AM

Apr 2010
so i waited weeks for this? pretty lame if you ask me... episode 11 was fine, that all went well ended with a nice build up... then 12... 30 seconds into the show my thoughts are "your kidding me, realy? you coudlnt have even tried to think up something?" personaly i was hoping for total failure on all ends and seeing an ending of Homura's shield spinning or something to give a nice cliffhanger... but no they tied up all ends in a nice pretty pink ribbon of bleh

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Apr 22, 2011 12:52 AM

Nov 2010
8/10.

It was a good ride with episode 3 being especially mindfuck. That said the lack of awesome action from ep 10-11 throughout the rest of the episodes was disappointing. I feel ambivalent about the ending; I'm glad it didn't turn to Bad End as a lot of people were thinking but it didn't feel too inspired.

"Main character becomes Jesus Christ and sacrifices herself for everyone's happiness."

Yeah, we've seen this plenty of times before. Same with the "I'll be forgotten by everyone... but EMOTIONS will still allow everyone to have a faint idea about me."
Apr 22, 2011 12:59 AM
May 2010
I believe Madoka didn't revive Sayaka so that her wish is still "valid" and Kyousuke can still play the violin.

sorry if anyone posted this already but im lazy to read all the post ><
Apr 22, 2011 1:04 AM

Jun 2008
Alright, compiled all the questions I've seen in this thread and on /a/ and trying to answer them with another one of my trademark blog posts.

http://imperialx.wordpress.com/2011/04/22/madoka-doesnt-need-a-sequel-to-explain-itself/

Hopefully this will clear things up for many of you. ^^
Apr 22, 2011 1:20 AM

Nov 2007
Jesus Madoka fuck yeah. She looked amazing in space with that long hair.

But wtf why did that bitch Hitomi get a happy ending. Kyosuke should've dumped her.
Oh well, at least Mami-san and Kyoko get to live and be awesome.

Anyway, brilliant series, surprisingly good ending. Shinbo/Gen you trolls.

9/10

DrHouse said:
So, season 2 announced on Sunday?
That would be brilliant. Honestly though, I'm not sure what they could do for the second season. Maybe the spinoff that was mentioned a few weeks ago.
amayadoriApr 22, 2011 1:31 AM

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Pages (31) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 3, 2011

380 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 10:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.