Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (31) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 21, 2011 9:10 PM

Jun 2008
Release this in my area and I will pay full price for my copy. I swear on my life.
Apr 21, 2011 9:12 PM

Dec 2007
Haruhi, move the fuck over. Madoka is God now. :D

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums

Sep 2007
Yes.... great ending. Not what I exactly wanted but great ending either way. Much better than some typical happy ending where all the girls live happily ever after in peaceful cookie and cream land.

Madoka becomes god and wipes out all the witches but of course, evil is always present where ever we go, and in this case in the form of 'curses' or so gg subbed it. From the Kyoko/Mami/Homura scene, even though they're fighting the new evil and not witches, majou shoujo this time will simply fade away from existence as opposed to turning into a witch?

10/10

Dec 2009
Ending was a bit confusing. Nonetheless this is the best anime I've ever seen in my life [so far]. Series was just amazing. I really expected a bad end though (like Madoka killing herself or Homura killing Madoka followed by herself], but after scanning through it again, I think this was a great way to end the show.

One thing I don't hope to see though is some sort of OVA or new season. The ending was good enough and an OVA or spin-off (which is somewhat likely since the director wants to make a more "cute" spin-off of this series which I find is just bullshit) is just not needed. You shouldn't try to fix something that's not broken.

But wow, this was a very good anime. Why is it that crap like Bleach gets such a large fanbase, but when a masterpiece rolls over it practically gets ignored in comparison?

10/10 for this ep and the whole anime
Apr 21, 2011 9:24 PM

Feb 2010
Very satisfactory end after waiting a whole month. ;__;
I wouldn't say it was mind blowing, but that was probably the best and most complete way to end the series. I personally don't think a second season or OVAs would do the original series justice.

Apr 21, 2011 9:25 PM

Jul 2010
Wow. That was an absolutely spectacular ending. Fully lived up to my expectations.

Looking back, this ending fits perfectly. For those raging about how Madoka could've made this wish from the get-go, think about it. It really does make sense for Madoka to take 11 episodes to realize that she should "become god", as only after seeing her friends plunge into despair (and finally realizing the weight of Homura's immense sacrifice) does she gather the courage necessary to make the ultimate sacrifice herself. And holy hell was that an incredible scene, when she shot an arrow into the air and split open the blue sky, and then proceeded to doing her hyper-dimensional duties.

When the NGE-like part started, I thought "Oh, here we go again...", but thankfully it was paced rather well and didn't let up on the intensity at all. Yuri overtones or not, it was a really nicely-scripted and heartfelt scene that managed to very effectively portray the magnitude of Madoka's wish, and also convey Homura's pain as they are forced to part. Speaking of Homura, it seems that she's just destined to be a tragic heroine, consigned to fighting evil alone. Or almost alone.

I thought the bittersweet ending was precisely what was needed. A downright happy or sad ending would’ve contradicted the zero-sum theme that they subtly developed, which requires a balance of hope and despair. Of course, that fact also manifests itself in the demons. Since Madoka took away all the negative emotions that stemmed from Witches, the universe, which seeks equilibrium, naturally introduced more evil to balance out the equation. I suppose this kind of thematically fitting ending should’ve been expected, as the show had some terrific thematic development in general.

The artwork and music in this episode were great too—I’ll probably rewatch it in HD to fully appreciate all the little details and nuances. But even in half-assed stream quality, they were able to invoke a much-needed sense of hope and joy that contrast so well against the darker palettes and tones from before. Great attention to detail too.

Well, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica has been one hell of a ride, made many times more epic by the huge delay (well played, Shaft). This definitely earns a place in my top 5, and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it’s the best of 2011.

10/10
linnaesApr 22, 2011 8:32 AM
Apr 21, 2011 9:27 PM

Jul 2010
Pretty underwhelming finale.
Also, completely predictable.

Dropped my score from 9/10 to 7/10.
Apr 21, 2011 9:31 PM
Sep 2007
Called Madoka's wish halfway through the series, very predictable. Also: During Violin Boy's recital, I said to myself: "He's gonna look up, confused, and mutter 'Sayaka'". And when that actually happened, that pissed me off so much. People claiming this series to be the next Evangelion or best anime in the last decade or whatever are overrating this. Behind Shinbo's lolsopretty imagery and what not, this series is very predictable and cliched.
Apr 21, 2011 9:33 PM

Jun 2010
IMO, the best and only ending this series could have.

10/10
Apr 21, 2011 9:34 PM

Apr 2007
Everything up to these last two episodes were great but... 11 built up the hype of Walpurgis showdown but then 12 had such a weird set of pacing and events. I couldn't tell when and how it'd end and I wasn't really happy or sad. I really really loved episode 10 too so this was a let down, I wanted to be able to call this the best anime of all time but I'm sad to say I can't.
Apr 21, 2011 9:41 PM

Jul 2010
Excelsior said:
Called Madoka's wish halfway through the series, very predictable. Also: During Violin Boy's recital, I said to myself: "He's gonna look up, confused, and mutter 'Sayaka'". And when that actually happened, that pissed me off so much. People claiming this series to be the next Evangelion or best anime in the last decade or whatever are overrating this. Behind Shinbo's lolsopretty imagery and what not, this series is very predictable and cliched.

Thank you!

I don't know why everyone here is creaming his pants with the ending.
I agree the series was very nice, and it was easily the anime I looked forward the most each week, but the ending feels like a spit in the face for the fans.

Again, completely predictable and lacking of that spark of genius that characterized the first half of the series.

Edit: spelling.
Apr 21, 2011 9:43 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, just wow. Also, I'll probably make a review of this next week since I'm terribly busy for the rest of this one. But, I'll just say as of this point that I am impressed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2011 9:46 PM
Jul 2008
RomanaDesu said:
urelnerifes said:
RomanaDesu said:
I don't really get it. Madoka destroyed one universe and created another, then she went to 'pick everyone up'? So was she picking these people up to go to Heaven or wherever or to go back to Earth. Also didn't really get the scene with Sayakawitch dying, Homura crying 'Madoka' and Mami and Kyouko saying: Madoka?
First they are Mahou Shoujo's, then they aren't? Whut?

Maybe Kyouko and Mami do not remember Madoka because they died in the battle, and not turned into a witch. (That explains why Sayaka disappeared as the other Puella Magis with Madoka). Only dead girls, Homura and Madoka's brother remember her.
I think the Puella Magis that were alive (Homura, Mami and Kyouko) stays with their job, but anyone remember Madoka...

Come on, I the only that liked the ending? Could be worse, and wasn't troll as so many people expected.
I don't think I wanna a sequel, but that slice-of-life moe could be good. But I couldn't watch while I remember the original series. lol
And yes, Madoka is the new god

Yeah, but I mean.. Where did that scene suddenly come from? It just jumps from Madoka Universe to Sayaka to the scene I'm talking about, then suddenly back to 'normal life'. I just don't understand when that scene really took place.
..Ugh, I can't even describe it well. I'm too confused. xD

Well whats wrong with letting Sayaka see her wish?
I personally thought the end was pretty good it's an original "kinda" happy end but the universe has to move on?
Apr 21, 2011 9:47 PM

Jul 2010
AnvilMAn said:
evil has to exist and entropy will happen regardless so maybe this is madoka's way of venting/giving them something to fight.

Do you even know what entropy is?
Apr 21, 2011 9:48 PM

Jul 2007
8/10. You just had to go and turn yourself into an Eva ripoff, didn't you Madoka?
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Apr 21, 2011 9:51 PM

Jul 2008
DrHouse said:
I have no idea no idea what just happened. Madoka died, started talking with Sayaka. Then Homura started fighting anti-witches, no one knows who Madoka is. Homu Homu grew a pair of wings... I hope this makes more sense when subs come out.

And why does Homura have a bow now? Is that a +10 conjuration ribbon that Madoka gave her?

Basically Madoka wished to change the way the world work so that witches are never born. This do not only concern this timeline, this concern the past, the present, the future as well as every possible timeline.

The scene in space illustrate when Madoka's fell into despair and turned into a witch but even herself wasn't immune to her wish and she then died as an human being and she became a god.

With her newfound power just before losing counciousness she called Sayaka to show her that her wish wasn't in vain, most probably because she had the feeling that it would apease her soul.

Madoka discarded her humanity, she became a part of the world. She is something that always as been there and that will always be there, basically a concept.
If I try an analogie it would be like if someone changed the law of physic to the one we currently knows. To us these laws has been there since the beginning of everything and will always be there. That's just how every being see the world now, like it always was this way.

The energy released when the magical girls die is one of the cause of those monster to exist and since the law change it is safe to assume that the contract system do not work the same way as before.
Also this make me think that this new world is closer to what Madoka imagined as a magical girl world before she started to fall into despair, a world she wanted to be in and fight with her friend to protect people and that is somehow what she is doing now always supporting her former friends and every mahou shoujo torough the universe.

About Homura's bow it is a tricky part.
Madoka now never existed in any timeline which means that Homura cannot have wished to redo her encounter with her as she never existed to begin with.
When Homura was sent back to the earth by Madoka she was not a magical girl anymore, she was a human because the reason she should have turned into a magical girl did not happen.
Still she has the knowledge of what happened and wished to become a magical girl yet again, to fullfill Madoka's wish to protect this new world and to fight alongside her.
A magical girl's power reflect the nature of her wish and her wish was to protect the same thing that Madoka wished to protect so she inherited power similar to Madoka's. Homura saw Madoka as an invicible angel using a magical bow.

The last part was interesting, there is a new setting that could be exploited for a s2 but I doubt it since Madoka would probably matter little if not at all in the show.

I think I made a complete post about the episode, if you have others question then feel free to ask.
Apr 21, 2011 9:53 PM

Jun 2007
As I interpreted it...
TheTsunamiApr 21, 2011 11:02 PM
Apr 21, 2011 9:54 PM

Aug 2009
While I don't think the ending was bad, it was kinda predictable and felt a little too much like
. Then again, I don't think there were a whole lot of other ways it could've ended. I guess I'm satisfied with it. As for the whole "demons" thing, that's the lingering effect of the distortion created my Madoka's crazy wish, which new Puella Magi have to fight? Or something like that? Still kinda fuzzy for me.

As for the series as a whole, it was definitely really good. Not "zomg best anime ever" status for me, but that's just a matter of preference.
Ha-cha!
Apr 21, 2011 9:55 PM

Feb 2010
Hellicus99 said:
AnvilMAn said:
evil has to exist and entropy will happen regardless so maybe this is madoka's way of venting/giving them something to fight.

Do you even know what entropy is?
The concept as Kyubey explained it is that when you do "work" you cannot use the energy for it with 100% efficiency. Some of it is lost in the process (in physics, as heat). The universe is the same and the energy of the universe is slowly diminishing. By having these "demons" or whatever, magical girls will use magic to fight them. This will (while in super small amounts) increase the amount of energy in the universe as also explained by Kyubey. The change into a magical girl, the use of magic, and transformation into a witch all contribute to the universe's energy.

Also, does it really bother you guys so much if an ending is a bit cliched or predictable? I mean, please understand, I don't want to start a fight or force my opinion, I just wanna know how you feel or look at it. Anyway, I just feel like making something original or unpredictable is hard without making a ridiculous ending. Dark endings have also been done in anime before (but I like happy endings more :D). While not as common, it's not like they're all that original. Also, another concept in Madoka is miracles and hope. I would hate to see that thrown away. But that's just my thoughts. How do you see it?
Apr 21, 2011 9:58 PM

Aug 2009
Neogen said:
Also, another concept in Madoka is miracles and hope. I would hate to see that thrown away. But that's just my thoughts. How do you see it?

I always thought the point they were trying to make with that was that miracles and hope were a load of crap. I guess you can count this as a double subversion.
Ha-cha!
Apr 21, 2011 10:00 PM

Jun 2007
Neogen said:
Also, does it really bother you guys so much if an ending is a bit cliched or predictable? I mean, please understand, I don't want to start a fight or force my opinion, I just wanna know how you feel or look at it. Anyway, I just feel like making something original or unpredictable is hard without making a ridiculous ending. Dark endings have also been done in anime before (but I like happy endings more :D). While not as common, it's not like they're all that original. Also, another concept in Madoka is miracles and hope. I would hate to see that thrown away. But that's just my thoughts. How do you see it?

Yeah, not sure what people were hoping for. They didn't wipe the significance of everything the series was to this point by having a "happy world resets, everyone lives and remains together and there are no more witches, no one has to be a Puella Magi ever again, blah blah".
Apr 21, 2011 10:00 PM

Feb 2010
LightningRamiel said:
Neogen said:
Also, another concept in Madoka is miracles and hope. I would hate to see that thrown away. But that's just my thoughts. How do you see it?

I always thought the point they were trying to make with that was that miracles and hope were a load of crap. I guess you can count this as a double subversion.
Hmm, I see your point.... but now one of the concepts is definitely miracles and hope and I like that ^_^
Apr 21, 2011 10:01 PM

Jan 2011
endtime said:
McRib said:
Holy fuck

That is all.
Apr 21, 2011 10:02 PM

Oct 2008
10/10

MIND IS BLOWN
Apr 21, 2011 10:02 PM

Aug 2009
I hate all of you. This is the last time I'm going along with the hype.

Those last three episodes were so derp that I herped. I've had enough. As if infecting the mecha genre with eva bs wasn't enough, they had to do it too with the mahou shoujo genre. I thought I was getting a dark mahou shoujo, instead I got a total whinefest with some weak science fiction bs. Whatever the fuck happened to good anime writers who don't need to resort to such bs to give decent endings anymore? Dammit, this show irritates me to no end, it actually makes me want to punch right through my laptop screen.

2/10 That's final, and

fuck you all.

Yes, I mad.

Terribly mad.
Apr 21, 2011 10:03 PM
Apr 2011
Hope is definitely a major concept in this series (as evidenced by the line between becoming a Puella Magi and a Witch, and driven home by the message overlay after the credits) and it pleased me to see that the ending stayed true to that message.

I like how it was both a happy and a dark ending. I swear I was sobbing when Homura
xD
Apr 21, 2011 10:04 PM

Mar 2009
If I were religious, I'd have to put Kaname Madoka on my favorite characters.

The ending was very satisfying. This is anime at its best.
Apr 21, 2011 10:04 PM

May 2009
wasnt expecting the ending
Apr 21, 2011 10:05 PM

Jul 2010
Iisan-kun said:

I honesty cannot say it was cliche, you're really not thinking about the full extent of what this actually means.

Are you people just trolling or are you really that nearsighted? This ending is amazing.

It's called "opinions", sir.

Also, if you didn't see this ending from episode frikkin' one, then you're the one that is nearsighted.
Apr 21, 2011 10:10 PM
May 2010
Hellicus99 said:
Iisan-kun said:

I honesty cannot say it was cliche, you're really not thinking about the full extent of what this actually means.

Are you people just trolling or are you really that nearsighted? This ending is amazing.

Also, if you didn't see this ending from episode frikkin' one, then you're the one that is nearsighted.

Oh yeah? Tell me the exact things you saw coming.

By the way, Madoka becoming God isn't a proper answer. You'd have to be stupid not to see that.
Apr 21, 2011 10:10 PM

Aug 2009
I could nitpick and find things that could have been done better/different but I just don't care. I'm going to give this anime only my second 10 in history.
urelnerifes said:
And yes, Madoka is the new god

BrickBreak said:

JOAN D'ARC WAS A PUELLA. BITE THAT ONE, FRENCHIES.

Yeah, and so were Cleopatra and queen Himiko.
Now I have to check morning news to see if our history has changed since Madoka's wish effectively negated the existence of witches.

I absolutely loved the las part with Homura and QB.
Now I hope for a sequel Homura Magica; and let me quote Madoka

"If someone tells me it is wrong to hope, I will tell them they are wrong everytime."

The only thing I wish they had revealed is the identity of Walpurgisnacht.

I really ROFLed at the last comment:
metamorphiusApr 22, 2011 4:21 AM
Apr 21, 2011 10:11 PM

Oct 2008
The new bar is set.
May in the distant future, there hopefully will exist an anime to surpass it.

Hands down, the... best... OST to date.

Hellicus99 said:
Iisan-kun said:

You forsaw Madoka would be God from episode 1? Please, get off your high horse. It's always easy to say that in retrospect. Just like how all the investors now come out the woodwork saying they predicted the global economy recession...

Jun 2010
Hellicus99 said:
Iisan-kun said:

So, you fault a show for having good storytelling and execution based on its foreshadowing?

Not jumping on any sort of Madoka bandwagon, but it makes no sense that a show took a 'predictable' ending when most of it was foreshadowed fairly well, and to be expected.

Jul 2007
Neogen said:

Also, does it really bother you guys so much if an ending is a bit cliched or predictable?

Yes, yes it does. And on top of that, it had no real emotional impact. The series invested so much time and effort into slowly revealing a mystery all of the internet figured out about halfway through the series, then laid on the backstory and rushed through the climax, and then kind of dragged itself to the end after it was spent. The best part of this series was slowly seeing how things could get more and more fucked up.

Buildup to climax flushed down the drain. Madoka becomes God. Herp derp. Go f*ck yourself SHAFT.
Apr 21, 2011 10:12 PM

Feb 2010
TheTsunami said:
Neogen said:

Yeah, not sure what people were hoping for. They didn't wipe the significance of everything the series was to this point by having a "happy world resets, everyone lives and remains together and there are no more witches, no one has to be a Puella Magi ever again, blah blah".

Well, this first section is just going to be about what you said in quotes. You can skip it if you want cause to many it'll just be me making excuses.

So, no one ever HAD to be a mahou shoujo. It was just Kyubey wanting to solve the universe's energy problem. Therefore, Kyubey will still be doing that. So Mahou Shoujo will still exist, and despair is still there. Madoka got rid of the despair of becoming witches, but it's not like no one will ever despair. When they do though, they simply pass on and do not become witches. This is shown by the fact that Sayaka died from the despair of uhh.... that guy.... dang it, I forgot his name already

Anyway, it's very characteristic of Madoka to shoulder all that despair and it didn't wipe the significance of the series. The series led to Madoka's decision. To create a world that does not have to have so much despair and sadness. I know you might not like the way it turned out so there's no way I can just convince you it was great, but know that the series was there for the sake of Madoka's decision. It's SO she could do away with all the despair that was the rest of the series.
Apr 21, 2011 10:14 PM

Feb 2011
yodlormak said:
Cannot say that this is a happy ending. It's kind of sad seeing that Homura is alone fighting new kind of monsters again (though it is claimed that madoka is besides her all the time). anyway, this is a very good ending in many ways.

Actually, Madoka's with all of us now. She's become a concept, she's quite literally "hope" to our entire universe. Whenever you're feeling down, or distraught, Madoka will be there to give you hope to carry on.

So the ending isn't quite as sad, Madoka didn't really sacrifice herself, she opted to become something more, something the universe desperately needs, and to undo vast amount of misfortune. Pretty amazing actually.
Apr 21, 2011 10:17 PM

Feb 2010
Splitter said:
Neogen said:

Also, does it really bother you guys so much if an ending is a bit cliched or predictable?

Yes, yes it does. And on top of that, it had no real emotional impact. The series invested so much time and effort into slowly revealing a mystery all of the internet figured out about halfway through the series, then laid on the backstory and rushed through the climax, and then kind of dragged itself to the end after it was spent. The best part of this series was slowly seeing how things could get more and more fucked up.

Buildup to climax flushed down the drain. Madoka becomes God. Herp derp. Go f*ck yourself SHAFT.
Hmm, that's pretty sad. Just wanting their lives to be ruined and depressing. I mean, it really is a matter of opinion. But I mean, it'd just be all darkness if everyone died and the world was destroyed or taken over by witches. I mean, they could do that, but that'd be a pretty darn depressing series. I don't enjoy depression, it's well.... depressing. Do you like depression?

Once again, matter of opinion. <---- I can't stress this enough. Please don't be judgmental of me.
Apr 21, 2011 10:18 PM
Oct 2008
the ending was bittersweet but still it was satisfying. 10/10
Apr 21, 2011 10:21 PM

Oct 2007
I shat bricks after watching this subbed. This is definitely the anime of the decade.
Apr 21, 2011 10:25 PM

Oct 2008
I cried. A lot. ><

There are no words to describe this. Amazing.
Apr 21, 2011 10:27 PM

Jun 2007
Neogen said:

Well, this first section is just going to be about what you said in quotes. You can skip it if you want cause to many it'll just be me making excuses.

Just to be clear, I wasn't jumping on the side of the people who were complaining, I am satisfied with the ending. I was just pointing out that the series didn't take the laziest way out, the one that serves to make everything to that point completely meaningless, which is what I would have expected people to complain about had it happened.
Apr 21, 2011 10:28 PM

Jul 2010
Iisan-kun said:

Oh yeah? Tell me the exact things you saw coming.

By the way, Madoka becoming God isn't a proper answer. You'd have to be stupid not to see that.

The fact that Madoka was going to wish some hax bullshit.

We all saw that coming, but I was expecting to see a better execution, that is all.
Apr 21, 2011 10:28 PM

Feb 2010
TheTsunami said:
Neogen said:

Just to be clear, I wasn't jumping on the side of the people who were complaining, I am satisfied with the ending. I was just pointing out that the series didn't take the laziest way out, the one that serves to make everything to that point completely meaningless, which is what I would have expected people to complain about had it happened.
Ahh, excuse me, I jumped to conclusions as your comment seemed quite sarcastic.
Apr 21, 2011 10:29 PM

Oct 2010
So Madoka's wish that caused the demons is the same as someone else's wish that caused the witches. . . There doesn't seem to be a wish that breaks the cycle. Also, every event that is unexplainable is a result of a wish. That's what I got out of it, at least.
Apr 21, 2011 10:30 PM

Jul 2007
Neogen said:
Splitter said:
Neogen said:

Hmm, that's pretty sad. Just wanting their lives to be ruined and depressing. I mean, it really is a matter of opinion. But I mean, it'd just be all darkness if everyone died and the world was destroyed or taken over by witches. I mean, they could do that, but that'd be a pretty darn depressing series. I don't enjoy depression, it's well.... depressing. Do you like depression?

Once again, matter of opinion. <---- I can't stress this enough. Please don't be judgmental of me.

Oh, but you can be judgmental of others?

I like depression when depression fits. I knew this would end with Madoka doing some act-of-God wish, but I didn't think SHAFT was ass-backwards to make her God. I also didn't think they were ass-backwards enough to build up Walpurgis Night for half the series and then show a few minutes interspersed between Madoka talking to her mom before Madoka said NO U to the universe.

And that's all I'm going to say because just reading your "you don't want cartoon characters to be happy" comment made me realize if I do this anymore, it's going to be another month-long debate of why Madoka's ending is an absolutely gorgeous cop-out just like when I watched the end of Clannad After Story.

LOL DON'T LIKE WORLD? LET'S REWRITE IT!

Shit's getting old.
Apr 21, 2011 10:31 PM

Oct 2008
Kind of seen it coming...
Regardless, I will miss this series.

(*^ー゚)b ( ̄∇ ̄*)♪
Apr 21, 2011 10:33 PM

Feb 2010
Splitter said:
Neogen said:
Splitter said:
Neogen said:

Oh, but you can be judgmental of others?

I like depression when depression fits. I knew this would end with Madoka doing some act-of-God wish, but I didn't think SHAFT was ass-backwards to make her God. I also didn't think they were ass-backwards enough to build up Walpurgis Night for half the series and then show a few minutes interspersed between Madoka talking to her mom before Madoka said NO U to the universe.

And that's all I'm going to say because just reading your "you don't want cartoon characters to be happy" comment made me realize if I do this anymore, it's going to be another month-long debate of why Madoka's ending is an absolutely gorgeous cop-out just like when I watched the end of Clannad After Story.

LOL DON'T LIKE WORLD? LET'S REWRITE IT!

Shit's getting old.
._.
I wasn't trying to judge you.... I'm sorry.
Apr 21, 2011 10:40 PM

Nov 2008
I was in the same boat as a bunch of you. But i'm going to be completely honest here I thought the ending was magnificent. When you really think about how much the series built up to it it makes alot of sense. I know some of you may have had to endure that long time period between the last 2 eps but I started watching this just last week. I found myself so addicted that I watched them all in one sitting (well up to 10 where it stopped). I am more than satisfied with the way it ended, the first half even brought tears to my eyes, this was just such a genius anime. It all depends on how you look at it and I apologize, I can't even put what I perceived from the ending into words but it was a VERY appropriate way to end this. i seriously didn't get it until like 1 min after the end credits then I was just mind f*cked.

Apr 21, 2011 10:47 PM

Jan 2011
I thought the ending was amazing. It kind of went half way with being dark and depressing and everyone living happily, and suited the rest of the series well. The last two episodes brought tears to my eyes, and now this anime is in my top three, easily 10/10. With luck, enough people will vote high and this will be in the top thirty on this site at the very least.
geasscommanderApr 21, 2011 10:51 PM
Apr 21, 2011 10:56 PM

Dec 2007
Holy shit it was like I was rewatching the Lain ending.

Damn reset switches.
Pages (31) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 3, 2011

380 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 10:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.