Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (31) « First ... « 29 30 [31]
Jan 16, 2023 8:15 AM
Jan 2023
way too much explanation in this episode, but it gets the job done and wraps up the series in a weird sorta way like nothing is resolved cause like Homura basically gotta fight the evil that replaced the witch's
Jan 18, 2023 8:27 PM
Apr 2021
mds levei uma decada pra assistir
Jan 29, 2023 2:40 PM
Apr 2021
This show was phenominal
Feb 3, 2023 2:22 AM

Jul 2014
That was some peak media there. I've never thought it would end up like this, the writing, the osts, the atmosphere and flow of the story is almost perfect. Definitely it should be one of the top anime in the charts

9/10 , I enjoyed this so much. Will watch the sequel movie and i'll be hyped for the sequel movie coming soon too 
Feb 19, 2023 9:28 PM
Feb 2023
Una completa obra maestra. Madoka Magica, el anime disfrazado, maquillado por las portadas que baJo ellas esconde una grandísima obra audiovisual, simplemente espectacular, una experiencia inolvidable.
Feb 26, 2023 3:09 PM

Jun 2014
I always groan when people bring up the whole "there’s no such thing as a purely selfless act" philisophical thought exercise. Who cares? I mean, obviously, you should strive to do things for the right reasons. No one's arguing against that. But it’s not a bad thing to get something out of doing good. In fact, it's a natural occurance. That doesn't make the world a worse place.

Unfortunately for me, that philosophy is the running theme of this show. All these girls were trying to help their loved ones, but suffered because uhhhhh it made them happy or something.

Was hoping it would've been challenged at least a little bit in the end (especially since this magic system was LITERALLY forced upon by Kuubey's kind and wasn't anyone's fault to begin with), but nah. If anything, Madoka sacrificing her entire existence because it was the one wish that WOULDN'T have backfired only cements it. Lame.

I have a looot of thoughts about this show. Maybe I'll write a full review one of these days.
Mar 14, 2023 1:56 PM
Jan 2018
Think I understood what happened lol , wonder how this has a sequel movie considering the ending will soon find out when I get round to watching it.

So was the big witch madoka or was it formed by all the negative energy madoka took from the magical girls ? And when madoka killed it. Resulted in restarting the universe? With no more witches and her being wiped from existence as she was ? And now instead she’s a god ?
Mattinator95Mar 16, 2023 3:04 AM
Mar 18, 2023 7:46 AM

Apr 2022
Mattinator95 said:
Think I understood what happened lol , wonder how this has a sequel movie considering the ending will soon find out when I get round to watching it.

So was the big witch madoka or was it formed by all the negative energy madoka took from the magical girls ? And when madoka killed it. Resulted in restarting the universe? With no more witches and her being wiped from existence as she was ? And now instead she’s a god ?

Basically the big witch is madoka and goddoka (god form madoka) had to become a concept if she wanted to fullfil her wish, killing all magical girls before they become witches and spread despair. She'll ultimatly become a witch, resulting in her own death, therefore she became a concept, able to kill every witch from the present, past and future, even herself.

The sequel follows the same logic, but the movie doesn't explain it. I can't really explain it to you without spoilers, but if you have any questions about the movie, just dm me.
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Mar 19, 2023 9:16 AM
Oct 2022
this was weird not as weird as Evangelion though
Mar 19, 2023 2:15 PM

Aug 2020
A decent wrap-up for a very daring & bold series but I guess it's fitting since this is a de-construction of the whole magical girls genre
Apr 6, 2023 10:59 PM
Apr 2023
Being Meguca is suffering :(
Apr 7, 2023 11:12 AM
Apr 2023
The animation and art style wan nothing special but the story was great. I wish we could get to know the characters better before them literally dying.
Apr 12, 2023 6:28 AM
Sep 2022
Wow. I'm speechless. I totally understand the hype for this show now, it exceeded my expectations. I'm glad Homura will remember Madoka forever although I wish they could truly be together.
I really appreciate how Madoka only became a mahou shojo at the end, it's unusual for a magical girl anime.And it was worth it given the fact that she litterally became god.
And damn did the scene with Homura and Madoka's mom make me cry. Her mom is really a great character.
This show is definitely a 10/10 for me, I will be thinking about it for weeks lol. I just love Madoka and Homura's relationship. They are truly soulmates separated by fate, both fighting to protect humanity.
Apr 15, 2023 10:07 PM
Jul 2018
madoka kaname 🥺
May 6, 2023 6:54 AM
Aug 2019
One of the most uniqe anime <3
Jun 28, 2023 12:16 PM
Jun 2023
This was really good, and i had no expectations coming in.
Jul 24, 2023 12:46 PM
Jul 2023
classic. a lot of people should be scared.
Jul 26, 2023 10:20 AM
Jul 2023
my only hope has happened ive predicted the future
but then i dont understand anything or everything that has happened or the meaning for the whole story
Sep 2, 2023 12:08 PM
Sep 2023
Kyoko is the best magic girl
Sep 15, 2023 6:21 AM
Oct 2019
ONCE AGAIN THE GODLY OST!!

GOD MADOKA!!
Jesus Madoka die for our sins!!

When the brother drew Madoke, it hit me hard!!
MAN TEARS WERE SHED IN THIS EPISODE!!

Thank you GEN UROBUCHI!! or should i called you GEN UROBUTCHER!!

This is absolutely one of the best Anime i have ever seen, i'm so mad at myself why i'm wait until 2023 to watch this Anime.

10/10
davidyodo24Sep 15, 2023 6:29 AM
Sep 27, 2023 6:19 PM

Feb 2020
it's truly amazing how they did so much within the span of twelve episodes
why was I watching dozens and dozens of seasonals that are all a huge waste of time compared to simple good old peak shows like this I don't even know...
this was beautiful and a great experience I don't even know what to expect from the movie now

Oct 13, 2023 9:13 PM

Feb 2020
Damn... that ending GOT me by the heart

We all have someone fighting for us somewhere in our lives -- living or invisible. As long as we have that hope in our lives, it's worth continuing on.
gunk.
Oct 31, 2023 11:50 AM
Jun 2015
I saw it leading to this direction that Madoka would wish to change the entire system. To see her save the magical girls from despair was touching.

But for no one to remember the one who saved them? Pure tragedy. But can you be sad if she’s happy she was able to change so many lives. :’)

Homura is the true goat of this show!

It’s funny how the main character was a regular person for 95% of the show and until become a magical girl until the very end.
Nov 23, 2023 9:24 PM
Nov 2020
This is definition of peak anime. I've never thought the show would end up like it did but wow (I'm at a lost of words). It definitely was well worth the time i spend watching it. The anime was a 9/10 for sure🖤🖤🖤. Can't wait to see the movie!!
Nov 29, 2023 10:09 AM
May 2021
great show reccomend
Nov 29, 2023 9:56 PM
Oct 2017
Who the hell is Madoka
Nov 29, 2023 9:58 PM
Oct 2017
Reply to Excelsior
Called Madoka's wish halfway through the series, very predictable. Also: During Violin Boy's recital, I said to myself: "He's gonna look up, confused, and mutter 'Sayaka'". And when that actually happened, that pissed me off so much. People claiming this series to be the next Evangelion or best anime in the last decade or whatever are overrating this. Behind Shinbo's lolsopretty imagery and what not, this series is very predictable and cliched.
@Excelsior Based 2011 poster. Not bad, but not life changing anyway.
Dec 16, 2023 11:49 PM
Dec 2023
masterpiece mahou shoujo
Jan 9, 3:52 PM
Jan 2024
Made me cry, madoka and homura deserve the world <3
Feb 1, 8:19 PM
Jan 2021
the ending felt like it could have been stretched over one more episode but it felt like everything tied together.
Feb 2, 4:19 PM
Jan 2020
goodgoodgoodgood
Feb 18, 9:07 AM
Feb 2021
garotas fofas caindo na porrada com monstros mt escrotos e bizarros gotta be one of my favorite genders
Mar 3, 3:18 PM
Sep 2023
I'm surprised it got 5 stars on every cap as I watched them, amazing, this is a very good storytelling, this is genius
Mar 15, 5:46 PM
Dec 2022
Pretty good, but interesting ending, kinda very confusing.
Madoka OP
Mar 24, 10:27 PM

Dec 2022
pretty great. massive religious and spiritual implications. well very safe to say it is the Evangelion of Mahou Shoujo
Mar 25, 4:35 PM
Jan 2024
emocional damage...
Mar 30, 2:24 PM

May 2021
Madoka died for our sins
What if jesus was a magical girl
Don’t know how the third movie will play off of this
Inhales oxygen
Mar 30, 4:21 PM
May 2021
Me cago en dios q puta locura de anime
Apr 4, 8:43 AM
Jun 2021
One of the cutest anime and best ending ever
Apr 6, 1:36 PM
Jun 2023
no comment. just tears.
Apr 13, 1:59 PM
Dec 2022
I'M GONNA SOB. THE KID...
Apr 15, 2:44 PM

Apr 2015
Well, I honestly was not expecting an ending like this that all. It certainly is deserving of it's iconic status for sure and maybe if I saw this back in 2011 to something, I probably would have enjoyed it hell of a lot more but the current me has different thoughts. The whole series does have it's charm, it's appeal and the Twists are very interesting but I think the ending leaves much to be desired. If Witches were eliminated then Wraiths have emerged now. So what was the point of Madoka's sacrifice? But you can argue that Madoka's whole character was basically written to be selfless and this ending was perfect for her since she ended up helping billions of people. I can confidently give this an 8.5. I'm glad that there's a sequel movie, I hope that one handles things better. But anyways, it has been a fun watch all in all.
Apr 22, 3:06 PM

Jan 2019
Reply to Biisoo
Well, I honestly was not expecting an ending like this that all. It certainly is deserving of it's iconic status for sure and maybe if I saw this back in 2011 to something, I probably would have enjoyed it hell of a lot more but the current me has different thoughts. The whole series does have it's charm, it's appeal and the Twists are very interesting but I think the ending leaves much to be desired. If Witches were eliminated then Wraiths have emerged now. So what was the point of Madoka's sacrifice? But you can argue that Madoka's whole character was basically written to be selfless and this ending was perfect for her since she ended up helping billions of people. I can confidently give this an 8.5. I'm glad that there's a sequel movie, I hope that one handles things better. But anyways, it has been a fun watch all in all.
Biisoo said:
If Witches were eliminated then Wraiths have emerged now. So what was the point of Madoka's sacrifice?

The point is to stop the magical girls from turning into monsters. With the Law of Cycles, the girls have their despair purified and are able to rest in peace.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Apr 23, 3:47 PM

Apr 2015
Ryoketsu said:
Biisoo said:
If Witches were eliminated then Wraiths have emerged now. So what was the point of Madoka's sacrifice?

The point is to stop the magical girls from turning into monsters. With the Law of Cycles, the girls have their despair purified and are able to rest in peace.

Yeah but now these Wraiths exist and they definitely have caused harm aswell and not to mention the ending of the Rebellion movie lol.
Pages (31) « First ... « 29 30 [31]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 3, 2011

380 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 10:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.