Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 20, 2011 12:10 PM

Feb 2010
hahah Tensai hentai shoujo!

and Okarin no He-n-ta-i~ XD

"Hashida-san, good job! ^_^"

great episode!
Apr 20, 2011 12:38 PM

Nov 2010
4.5 episode. Hilarious while slowly inserting the recommended settings before going to the actual story. Upped to 5 for a good method of infodump.

Can't wait till the actual story begins.
Apr 20, 2011 1:15 PM
Nov 2010
Another great episode, the story seems to be opening up more and more, keep up doing the good job!
Apr 20, 2011 1:37 PM
Dec 2007
Interesting one.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 20, 2011 3:01 PM

Aug 2008
The part-timer at the appliance store seems a little fishy. I mean she eavesdropped, reacted to the term IBN and said someone had died when Okarin received a text. Wonder what she's up to. Or maybe I'm just over-thinking things.
Apr 20, 2011 4:17 PM

Oct 2010
great episode, dont see how this is in the same universe as Chaos; Head
Apr 20, 2011 4:43 PM

Sep 2009
Interesting so far but I'm still confused. :U Who would go eat that gell banana though? Seriously. xD
Apr 20, 2011 4:45 PM

Nov 2009
Hu. Usually i enjoyed getting mind screwed. Didn't enjoy this one as much as last episode for some reason.
Apr 20, 2011 4:58 PM

Oct 2010
Kono... Kono... Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

So about the microwave, you simply connect your cell phone to it then dial someone's number, and if the receiver picks up it will send him to the past? (at least that's how I'm getting it.)
Apr 20, 2011 5:21 PM

Feb 2009
I can really feel the pace picking up xD Cliffhangers are getting worse and worse ^^;;
I'm really starting to like Mayuri ~ And I hope Makise comes back soon XD Awesome episode once again <3
Apr 20, 2011 8:00 PM
Jul 2018
So... first gel-nanas and now a Jellyman report saying "human is dead". Can't imagine how that happened...

I do have to wonder how Okarin & co. are going to get past that er... little hurdle there. Seems like at least one of them'll be skipping through timelines sooner or later, and it'd be so anticlimatic if (s)he turned into a pile of green goop.

I like this show so far. Okarin's amusing, and it's fun seeing him play off of Kurisu Kuuuuristina. The pacing's slow, but it always feels like something's happening in the show. I do hope we'll figure out what the actual conflict's about soon, though.
Apr 20, 2011 9:14 PM
Feb 2011
I'd be sad to see Kurisu die in the current parallel world =/

Speaking of which, I notice myanimelist info states that Steins; Gate is a full season series. Has this been confirmed? o_o
Apr 20, 2011 9:54 PM

Jun 2009
BIIIIIIITTTTTTCCCHHHHHHHIIII! LOL

Rin is hilarious. So far, I beginning to understand small parts of it as opposed being confused as fuck in the first 2 episodes. Mayuri is so cute as always and Christina is pretty amusing to watch when having a conversation with Okarin.
Apr 20, 2011 11:26 PM

Sep 2007
Does Mayuri serve any real purpose? Does she has some super sekret latent genius gene in her? Cause she just seems plain ass retarded right now. Damn she's annoying.
Apr 20, 2011 11:31 PM

Dec 2010
lol damnit with the cliff hangers. Interesting episode. Finally seeing how John Titor is fitting into the puzzle so far.

Can't wait for next.

Apr 21, 2011 1:39 AM

Apr 2009
Lol CERN takes over the world with miniture black holes? My god this show is random.
Apr 21, 2011 4:09 AM

Jan 2009
John Titor is dead already lol
Apr 21, 2011 5:29 AM

Nov 2010
Wasabi said:
Does Mayuri serve any real purpose? Does she has some super sekret latent genius gene in her? Cause she just seems plain ass retarded right now. Damn she's annoying.

One rule for watching this anime : Almost everything hat their own meaning, you just have to wait until things connected.
Apr 21, 2011 6:34 AM

Nov 2009
I don't get the bit where Raru asks her to say 'Who would eat a pervert's banana anyway?'

Apr 21, 2011 7:40 AM

Jul 2010
OShoranO said:
Lol CERN takes over the world with miniture black holes? My god this show is random.

the thing is they've successfully made a time-machine, and when you have one, you have all the technology in the world. :P
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Apr 21, 2011 11:38 AM

Aug 2009
Used to Okarin's voice now and I find it funny~
I approve of this anime already. Won't drop.

KURISUTIIIIIIIIIINAAAA DA~!
Apr 21, 2011 1:16 PM

Jul 2009
That's some nice lab chemistry relations. They're all rather unique.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Apr 21, 2011 3:19 PM
Feb 2008
This episode was reaally good indeed :D Finally I can say I'm really hooked with this anime now that they're talking about CERN and the LHC and stuff. I've been obsessed with that organization since I read Angels & Demons by Dan Brown.

On the other hand, I'd like to know what the hell is that 'Steins Gate' Okarin made up by himself. Or maybe I should already know and I'm missing something important...?

By the way, jellyman? I think I missed that part lol -goes to re watch the episode-
Apr 21, 2011 5:05 PM

Jun 2008
AmberFebruary said:
DenjaX said:
I freakin' tried putting a banana inside the microwave and it doesn't turn into green gel substance XDD it only became mushy. I guess I have to add 10 or more minutes but no, I won't do it. My parents would get angry XDD

lol. you see. the concept for time-traveling or even teleporting is that you break down the molecules of the thing or a person you want to sent to the past or teleport, the question is can they be returned to what their true form is? is the person sent or teleported will still be human after? since it is breaking down a thing or person into molecular level and then reconstructing it again, that's one of the main reasons why "teleporting" and "time-traveling" are deemed impossible.

so Okarin and Daru managed to return a piece of banana back to its place, but instead of being just a banana, it's a gel-bana, why? since it didn't managed to return to it's original form bec. it is broken down into molecular levels and has not been reconstructed. As per analysis of Okarin before that, he found out that the gel-bana was break down into molecular levels right.
well this are just my theories as per my understand of "time-traveling" or "teleporting" concepts
and now HUMAN IS DEAD.... JELLYMAN!!!!!!!! Now that is CREEPY. >.<

Don't know about time traveling but you are wrong about teleporting. The truth is that teleporting reconstructs a "you" from the information it got from you. It's not really the same matter. So basically it's just a copy machine and in way, a teleporting machine can also be used to just create more of you. The dissolving process i see, is just an excuse to give the idea of teleporting(the truth is just a copy of you on the other side) or maybe necessary for the machine to collect your data.

Anyway about this episode. They send a message and it went back in time. So that solves the problem on why his message appeared to have been send a week before, but the problem is why are the events changed. I still don't get that. It seems he changed dimensions too. In the world he is right now that girl was never killed and the lecture of that guy was never canceled. Did he changed dimensions while sending the message? What exactly happened there?
Also in this dimension Titor never appeared in 2000 and appears now. So basically our main guy isn't on his own dimension anymore since his memories don't match the world he lives in. I need some explanation how he found himself in this world.
Apr 21, 2011 5:09 PM

Aug 2008
Panaru said:
Yes, I realize that to the people who have played the VN, my ranting must sound silly. However, I love this show, so there's nothing wrong with me trying to make sense of things with what I've been given thus far.

So yeah, I think that the new Titor is Okabe from the future, and that the old Titor back in 2000 was someone else who was killed by SERN, thus deleting him in everyone's memories except for Okabe's for some reason. Because Okabe remembered, something makes the future him decide to go back in time and pick up where the original Titor left off.

Remember in the 2nd episode when Okabe first learns about the new person on @channel claiming to be Titor, he says "What, so Titor's Japanese this time, huh?" I think that this obviously points to it being a different Titor.

Also, (and I didn't read the first episode discussion so forgive me if it's been said already) remember the first episode the first time Okabe runs into Kurisu at the conference and Kurisu keeps saying "You said you had something important to tell me 15 minutes ago" but Okabe doesn't know what she's talking about. In fact, he doesn't know her at all, though she seemed to have had contact with him before.

Thus, I think that THAT Kurisu had come into contact with an alternate-Okabe, who told her that he had something to tell her. And that something was to warn her about her getting stabbed. But for some reason they got separated.

Then, Kurisu found current-Okabe listening to the conference and dragged him out, mistaking current-Okabe for alternate-Okabe.

Remember that the scream that Okabe and Mayuri heard was male, but the body that Okabe found was Kurisu's.

It's likely that alternate Okabe was killed before Kurisu was stabbed. Alternate-Okabe's scream brought Kurisu running. She got there before current-Okabe and got stabbed.

It's obvious that current-Okabe got drawn into an alternate timeline where Kurisu didn't get stabbed, but beyond that it's also obvious that the stabbed Kurisu had talked to an alternate-Okabe.

WHOA WAIT. While I was typing this I just had a flash of something. It's possible that both Titors are alternate Okabes. THAT'S why in the new timeline that current-Okabe got drawn into, the conference was canceled. Remember that the professor who was supposed to give the lecture at the conference was plagiarizing John Titor completely.

If year 2000 Titor-Okabe was the person who was killed at that conference, then ALL of the information that the professor would have plagiarized would not exist in the new timeline. Thus the conference was canceled because he had nothing to present and didn't want to embarrass himself.

The new Titor-Okabe decided to come to this year instead of 2000 because he somehow knew that there was an IBN 5100 in Akihabara at this time.

The only thing that I think I don't cover in all I've currently said is why wasn't the first Titor-Okabe (the year 2000 one) Japanese? Or maybe he just didn't post in Japanese? But Okabe doesn't seem to know English. This is where my speculation has no hints from the show to back it because we could just say "Well, Okabe learned English in the future" but nothing from the show backs up that statement, unlike everything else I've written.

This was a really interesting message, I also didn't play the VN and I thought about that too.
The fact is that John Titor (the original) is american, but this new one writes in japanese on japanese websites, so I thought too that maybe this new John Titor is one of the few (if not the only one) who remembers the real one from 2000...and for the moment it is only Okarin who does.

So the Current Okarin could have moved "by accident" (by sending the message to Daru cellphone while this was connected to the microwave) to a different line of time where Chris is still alive and his message was instead sent to the past (as it did in this episode).
And in this "line of time" there could be an Alternate Okarin = New John Titor, because in this one the original didn't exist.

It is indeed brainscrewing and as I type, more and more hypothesis come up to my mind.
That's to say, this is THOUSANDS OF TIMES MORE appealing than Chaos;Head!!
Can't wait for next week episode!
AtomicNunApr 21, 2011 5:15 PM
Apr 21, 2011 5:28 PM

Jun 2010
Based on the world line theory John Titor was talking about, if it is true, which I believe it most likely is, then yes it appears Okarin changed world lines when he first sent that message to Daru. This explains why events changed and no one remembered what Okarin remembered.
Apr 21, 2011 9:56 PM

Jul 2009
Oho this is fun
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Apr 21, 2011 10:31 PM

Jan 2010
The first half was great fun. The second half... not so much.
Apr 22, 2011 12:50 AM

Jul 2007
Monad said:
AmberFebruary said:
DenjaX said:
I freakin' tried putting a banana inside the microwave and it doesn't turn into green gel substance XDD it only became mushy. I guess I have to add 10 or more minutes but no, I won't do it. My parents would get angry XDD

lol. you see. the concept for time-traveling or even teleporting is that you break down the molecules of the thing or a person you want to sent to the past or teleport, the question is can they be returned to what their true form is? is the person sent or teleported will still be human after? since it is breaking down a thing or person into molecular level and then reconstructing it again, that's one of the main reasons why "teleporting" and "time-traveling" are deemed impossible.

We are not talking JUST teleporting. We are talking "teleporting between parallel universes", which is exactly what time travel is in this show.

Oh and also, information tends to get lost in a black hole :)

Anyway about this episode. They send a message and it went back in time. So that solves the problem on why his message appeared to have been send a week before, but the problem is why are the events changed. I still don't get that. It seems he changed dimensions too. In the world he is right now that girl was never killed and the lecture of that guy was never canceled. Did he changed dimensions while sending the message? What exactly happened there?

What you are describing is the grandfather paradox or so called causality problem. THE MAIN reason on why time travel in same universe is impossible.

SO yeah, just like explained in ep 2 and this episode, its more like the information being sent(or creating) a parallel line. There's still a line where kurisu-tina dies, and from that line, Okarin sent that message. Hence why the time travel is more like teleporting objects and information into parallel universes, from the teleporter's pov, SHIFTING that parallel universe into his own.

Also in this dimension Titor never appeared in 2000 and appears now. So basically our main guy isn't on his own dimension anymore since his memories don't match the world he lives in. I need some explanation how he found himself in this world.

Yes, because he CHANGED things.

Imagine a guy holding a knife.

He is standing on the glass floor, bellow which green colored metal plate.

The floor changes colors when a button in the other side of the room is hit.

However the guy himself can't leave the glass floor and push the button, since the glass floor is reality.

SO he takes a knife and throws it at the button.

Knife hits the button, changing the color bellow him from green to red.

So he has knowledge that the floor changed, however if he was on the metal plate below the glass floor, he most likely would not notice any difference if someone above did the knife stuff.

Its the same with parallel universes.
Apr 22, 2011 12:53 AM

Oct 2009
Just wanted to say that knife and button analogy was so cluster fuck, didn't understand any of it.

Nevermind I understood it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2011 2:48 AM

Sep 2009
interesting .....looking forward for more

JELLYMAN ....
Apr 22, 2011 3:51 AM

Jul 2010
Every time I'm remembered of how much I love this OP. Episode was interesting as well. Looks like they used the "kill a human" method to try out the time machine huh?

Apr 22, 2011 5:38 AM

Sep 2008
Awesome as usual. I was expecting Kurisu to have a colder personality than that though. Not that it matters or anything.

5/5
Apr 22, 2011 8:31 AM

Jul 2010
Fai said:
Monad said:
AmberFebruary said:
DenjaX said:

We are not talking JUST teleporting. We are talking "teleporting between parallel universes", which is exactly what time travel is in this show.

Oh and also, information tends to get lost in a black hole :)

LOL. i'm just stating what i know about "time-traveling" and "teleporting". It's not a theory or hypothesis for the whole system to which Steins;Gate's universe follows. ^^
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Apr 22, 2011 11:27 AM
Jul 2010
This was pretty interesting. So SERN is actually CERN, which makes sense. They're making a great job in crossing fiction with reality through all these references. I love it. Okarin is also an amazing character and his interactions with Makise in this episode were great. I also loved Makise's reaction to the possibility of the microwave being a time-machine.

Anyway, it seems like John Titor is doing exactly the same thing in this worldline that he did in the previous one except in a different year. What's the reason for that? Assuming the worldline was changed due to that one message Okarin sent to the past (along with its consequences which are not fully known but include somehow preventing Makise's death), I don't think that has much to do with John Titor's mission. Also, it's becoming something like: with that message he changed the past (another worldline) which will undoubtedly affect the future which, on its turn, will affect the past through time-traveling. And that's scary. Based on this, I guess one of the people involved is the "past" version of John Titor.

They hacking into CERN also had interesting results. So CERN seems to be, indeed, experimenting on time-traveling and a person already died in one of those experiments. It also seems Okarin is somehow mixing the organization that's a product of his imagination with CERN which is very real. Either way, that isn't necessarily bad. I hope Makise comes back to the lab because she'll probably be useful in understanding how the phone-microwave works. The girl looking for the IBM is getting creepy with all those messages... Stalker.
Apr 23, 2011 8:11 AM

Nov 2008
Nice episode, another cliffhanger >.<
Apr 24, 2011 1:34 AM

Aug 2010
Loving the show so far, can't wait for the next episode. 5/5 for this one.
Apr 24, 2011 5:07 AM

May 2010
Oh this show is great.
Love Makise. Hentai Tensai Shoujo, hahaha.

this @channel makes me think of 4chan, I can't help it. "John Titor took a dump, and now the universe is doomed."

It's great, love how the actual things are worked into the story. Okarins personality is GREAT. On one hand I want the organisation to be an actual thing that comes into it, but on the other, I really want it to never actually exist.

No trap? Pity.
Apr 24, 2011 6:35 AM

Jun 2009
Another interesting episode. :) Makise is awesome and so is Okarin. ^^
Apr 24, 2011 12:39 PM
Feb 2009
John Titor who are ya lol..
Apr 24, 2011 8:02 PM

Feb 2011
Im liking this, it's very intelligent and I get quite a few laughs each episode

Apr 24, 2011 10:40 PM

Jul 2010
I like Kurisu and when this anime finally starts making sense, I'll probably like it too.
Apr 25, 2011 2:19 AM

Jan 2009
Interesting O_o
But if it will be just like Chaos Head i`ll kill it xD
anyway,this perverts arguaing was epic XD
And Okarin is so insane <333
Apr 25, 2011 5:43 AM

Feb 2010
pati43 said:
Interesting O_o
But if it will be just like Chaos Head i`ll kill it xD
anyway,this perverts arguaing was epic XD
And Okarin is so insane <333

i dont see those characters fighting with stupids nonsense swords for stupids reason , and having an stupidly awful ending.

or at least... i hope.
Apr 30, 2011 6:17 AM

Apr 2009
So the "scientist" working on time machines didn't know what CERN is.
... and then they hacked into it in, like, half a day.

:/

Since I've already downloaded ep 4, I might watch it and drop this. The plot (jellyman!) doesn't look that bad, but it's not great enough to put up with the copious amounts of random humor. The pervert jokes at the beginning of this episode took 2-3 minutes. :/ I can't stand the humor and the characters .___.
May 5, 2011 10:51 AM

Feb 2009
super haker pervert ftw!
~May you continue being the Messiah....
May 7, 2011 9:14 PM

Dec 2010
Large Hadron Collider-tan. lol. What kind of scientist doesn't know what CERN and LHC are.
May 9, 2011 7:26 PM

Apr 2009
Hmmm my friend's dad works for CERN... very interesting.
May 15, 2011 9:03 AM

Jan 2008
I like some of the characters and the script is good with their interactions, but otherwise I'm finding this series to be a bit on the boring side...
May 21, 2011 5:45 AM

Sep 2008
Every time someone adamantly denies the scientific possibility of something, some jackass will make it happen in his garage with a microwave or an old car or a vacuum cleaner or something. Why? Because being crazy turns your science into magic.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1829 by mjjones0 »»
May 3, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

485 by Ronin_4011 »»
Apr 30, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 6, 2011

685 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 28, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.