Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 13, 2011 10:20 AM

Jul 2010
As generic of a harem this may be. I must say I liked most of it. It has good art, the characters are likable (little brother!) and the humor is pretty funny.

Even though it has all the cliche's like tripping and kissing/groping and walking in being seen naked, I've got used to that by now. I couldn't help but think of Kore wa Zombie Desu ka every time he said Ayumu. =P

I guess I'll just keep this as my guilty pleasure show for this season. Hopefully he'll meet his childhood friend (shrine maiden) next episode.

Apr 13, 2011 10:25 AM

Apr 2010
Where is the gender bender tag?
I mean i was wondering whether that little sister... brother was a boy or a girl till the part where the innkeeper said he was a boy and i am still thinking that he is a she.
Not only does he look like a girl he also has one of the most girly voices out there.

That innkeeper is awesome i really like her and her reaction at Kasuma naked was great.
And then off course Tsumugi who seems to be a pretty nice girl who doesn't seem to be to ashamed.

I also have to praise the fall and accidental kiss part finally a harem anime that doesn't use the accidental boob grab which is basically shown in every harem Anime out there.
Apr 13, 2011 10:52 AM

Jan 2008
"a-a girl?!"
"y-yes I'm a girl"
this has got to be the most funny and stupid line ever lol
Apr 13, 2011 11:18 AM

May 2010
SwordWielder said:
"a-a girl?!"
"y-yes I'm a girl"
this has got to be the most funny and stupid line ever lol

Yeah. I was like, "I'll gonna call Captain Obvious!!."

The art was good. The ecchi humor is funny and the story is cliche but seems enjoyable tho.

And yeah, all those ***** comments totally kills manliness! lol

Just by looking at the little brother, I think the bromance is not far from happening. Please don't. =,=
Apr 13, 2011 12:04 PM
Apr 2010
Thoughts on this first ep...:
1) Ayumu? REALLY? First you're a zombie, now you're a moe brother...
2) MOE BROTHER!! Orz Seriously, I can't get over his/her voice xD
3) that's one hell of a sensual accidental kiss, I bet he added some tongue. :P
4) PANTSU!!!
5) Forgotten memories, one of the biggest themes in a harem romance anime. lul
6)"oh, pink" ROFLMAO!!!!!!!
7)Sleeping with a moe brother.lawl
8)"That thing was so small..." LOLOLOL ouch XDDD

OP was ok, ED was... so so?

For a ultra-generic harem anime, I'll take it. :D
Apr 13, 2011 1:35 PM

Nov 2008
Tell me one thing, will that little brother gets his own harem too? :3
or will he take the bromance route? DX no...

Despite of being cliche, I totally enjoyed this. Looking forward to the next one :D

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 13, 2011 1:39 PM

Aug 2008
entropy13 said:
What do you want, a "everybody else is dead because they said he has a small penis" type ending?
Sounds fun. 'Who's pink now, bitch!'
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 13, 2011 1:50 PM

Oct 2010
Man this season is great!
Apr 13, 2011 2:28 PM

Jul 2010
Cliche, but still very enjoyable with all that hilariousness :) A much better start than Oretachi...ugh. God, who would of thought that he would be seen naked in the first episode TWICE!!! XDXDXD
Apr 13, 2011 3:20 PM

Dec 2009
Onyxthegreat said:

Even though it has all the cliche's like tripping and kissing/groping and walking in being seen naked, I've got used to that by now. I couldn't help but think of Kore wa Zombie Desu ka every time he said Ayumu. =P

Dito.

It may be chliche, but it's nice to have such an anime once in a while^^
yuno6.jpg
Apr 13, 2011 5:33 PM

Sep 2010
I will continue to watch this for the shota.

Apr 13, 2011 7:24 PM

Dec 2009
Tsumugi = Charlotte from Infinite Stratos.
Am I the only one who noticed this?
Apr 14, 2011 1:36 AM

Nov 2008
pilipino101 said:
Thoughts on this first ep...:
1) Ayumu? REALLY? First you're a zombie, now you're a moe brother...
2) MOE BROTHER!! Orz Seriously, I can't get over his/her voice xD
3) that's one hell of a sensual accidental kiss, I bet he added some tongue. :P
4) PANTSU!!!
5) Forgotten memories, one of the biggest themes in a harem romance anime. lul
6)"oh, pink" ROFLMAO!!!!!!!
7)Sleeping with a moe brother.lawl
8)"That thing was so small..." LOLOLOL ouch XDDD

OP was ok, ED was... so so?

For a ultra-generic harem anime, I'll take it. :D

lol i didn't think the japanese had that saying " if you have big Feet you have a big penis " LOL but she was smiling so she doesn't care lol
Apr 14, 2011 3:21 AM
Jun 2010
uhh just wondering how http://myanimelist.net/anime/4744/Akane-iro_ni_Somaru_Saka is a related anime? lol
Apr 14, 2011 3:31 AM

Jan 2009
XKt_ said:
uhh just wondering how http://myanimelist.net/anime/4744/Akane-iro_ni_Somaru_Saka is a related anime? lol
I think it was something like some shared characters or something. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
I have no source for that though, since I heard it from someone else.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 14, 2011 8:37 AM

Nov 2008
Ayumu is sooooo damn KAWAII!!!!!!!

I liked the first episode, so I'll keep watching.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Apr 14, 2011 10:53 AM

Oct 2009
This episode met up to my expectations. It was awesome, my thoughts on the episode (totally different than you guy's)
1) My god, the art background is amazing
2) The Eyes are really good, especially for Ui
3) Did anyone else notice in the OP the Ibuki walking in the rain with no umbrella and totally empty eyes part...does that mean we are going to have a scene that is like Kaede going berserk/emotion (shuffle!) in this anime too?

Overral 9/10
Apr 14, 2011 11:35 AM
May 2009
It might be generic but it was entertaining
Apr 14, 2011 1:50 PM

Nov 2007
so he met some cute girls, has a cute brother, kissed a cute girl, chased a monkey .... and had a cute older girl call his junk small.

well most of it was good.

somewhat generic but decent, I'll follow it.
Apr 14, 2011 2:42 PM

Jul 2010
Anyone else find that Yorozu Senka's (the landlady) expressions are very similar to Kyou's from Clannad? For some reason she really reminded me of her.

Apr 14, 2011 3:10 PM

Jul 2009
haha the landlady's 'size' comment made this one a keeper. let's hope this progress to something special
Apr 14, 2011 4:11 PM

Aug 2010
MEsoJD said:
As cliche as this is, I hope they don't give us the "everyone's still friends " type ending.

Yeah, that would suck the monkey balls. In any case im not expecting much from this anime so I hope it exceeds my expectations. And Man is his little brother girly!
Apr 14, 2011 5:01 PM

Jul 2008
Hmm.. I actually enjoyed this episode.
Apr 14, 2011 6:48 PM

Apr 2008
Color Coding FTW.
Haven't seen the blue, red, orange, green, white; for a while. :P
Apr 14, 2011 7:12 PM

Nov 2010
Well that was kinda of interesting in the sense that it is a harem, but it did have its moments that made me laugh. Going to continue to see how everything unfolds.
Apr 15, 2011 4:31 AM

Sep 2010
this was pretty entertaining, its a harem and its cliche, but that doesnt matter for me.
the little brother has a weird voice, everytime i see him i still wonder if its a girl or a guy :P.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2011 6:41 AM

Nov 2009
lol I have to laugh at his manhood being ridiculed for not being that big XD;

Made me lol.

Reckon im gonna like the innkeeper through this lol.
Apr 15, 2011 9:46 AM

Apr 2009
morphex said:
Last arc will be the incest episode (like Yosuga) but with small brother:)

There are quite a few things that already make me think of Yosuga no Sora. The white-haired sibling, the return to a place that the main character hasn't been in years, the rural setting...

A few of the moments in this episode were unexpected, though most of them were pretty predictable. I wonder how the main character's living arrangements will affect the harem aspect.
Apr 15, 2011 10:44 AM

Aug 2008
Looks pretty generic so far. Cute animation though.
Apr 15, 2011 11:44 AM

Oct 2010
Ok I am so fucking tired since I did not sleep 24hrs but I still think this is all so like Akane Iro Somaru Saka just please no mech BS because it will be bad and I know. I will leave something fun for you in the spoiler
now panties on her or no panties or drawing error? What you all think?

More later but one more thing, is Ibuki yandere in the following,

man do I want to know WTF happens for her to be like that? Could it be that she is that childhood friend of Kazuma? School days possible ending in the game where this anime comes from?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 15, 2011 11:55 AM
Mar 2011
Meh, Its average harem.

At least for now.

I really do think the plot has some promise, but i cant really judge based on the firs episode.

Apr 15, 2011 1:00 PM

Oct 2009
Yumekichi11

[img said:

http://i55.tinypic.com/25zkm6x.jpg[/img]
man do I want to know WTF happens for her to be like that? Could it be that she is that childhood friend of Kazuma? School days possible ending in the game where this anime comes from?

She is probably not the childhood friend, it is prolly that Miko girl that is the childhood friend. But finally somone else to mention this part. Nobody else seemed to notice it. It isn't always a good sign. I think more of a Shuffle moment than a School Days moment
Apr 15, 2011 1:07 PM

Oct 2010
yeah pretty average, too bad that i didnt play the game, so beside the kiss i dont really know anything about the story, which is not a bad thing.
Apr 15, 2011 5:06 PM

Nov 2009
Seems just like all the other harems, but I have no complaints.

Seeing the girl's panties and getting embarrassed was bound to happen at one point or another, he also managed to fall on top of the girl. Although, instead of groping her, or taking a long time to get off, he ended up kissing her instead, which was sort of interesting.

The bath scene was pretty funny, I like the owner of the inn. I don't care for the little brother much, I'd of preferred if it was a little sister, instead of a very feminine little brother.

Also, after seeing the monkey scene, I sort of want to play some N64 :S
Apr 15, 2011 9:12 PM

Jul 2009
Ahhh, i do hope to see a nice boat..
Apr 16, 2011 1:06 AM

Oct 2010
Scul said:
Yumekichi11 said:

She is probably not the childhood friend, it is prolly that Miko girl that is the childhood friend. But finally someone else to mention this part. Nobody else seemed to notice it. It isn't always a good sign. I think more of a Shuffle moment than a School Days moment
Well being known now a litttle around here, I have a knack to see precise details in anime, many of my friends know that, ask around. Anyways yeah Shuffle type Kaede is also around my expectation. It will certainly be good drama should they do it like they with Kaede in Shuffle. That much I know and wish would happen somewhat.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 16, 2011 5:16 PM

Jan 2008
I still can't believe it, but I actually liked this, despite the fact it is utterly bad.
Apr 17, 2011 6:07 AM

Oct 2009
This is very original I like.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2011 6:03 PM

Nov 2008
Well the first episode wasn't bad, decent in my opinion.
Apr 18, 2011 7:13 AM
Apr 2011
The same old story revisited. Kazuma Hoshino - the main guy this time around, along with his younger brother, returns to a village he lived in as a young boy... and so the harem kicks off.

The first episode introduces the characters, builds the setting and the romance slowly, without any exaggeration. We get to see the girls and I'm looking forward to what comes out of Ui x Kazuma, the kiss scene was great.

I must also praise the amount of humor (still, would be better without the slight fan service), the innkeeper is brilliant. The art and visuals are great as well, especially the backgrounds are well-done.

The OP is okay, but I hate the ED song, it's just horrible.

7/10
Apr 19, 2011 10:24 AM

Feb 2011
a bit boring in the first half episode
but it getting better after second half

can't approve yet
but looks like it gonna be interesting anime
Apr 20, 2011 4:56 PM

Mar 2010
Loved it! Absolutely loved it! Every second whole heartedly! I actually think this is the best series I've seen so far for this Spring! Animation is smooth and excellent! The characters look a little cliche, but I think I'll manage because of the little brother mix in to the story. Can't wait to watch the next episode! Looking forward to the next!
Apr 20, 2011 5:20 PM
Jul 2018
not bad

lol at above poster

"SENNNNNNNNSEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"
Apr 20, 2011 7:36 PM
Feb 2010
Very enjoyable episode... I could see a shota, loli, bishounen, bishoujo in some parts of the first ep. Where's my megane =.=. O Ayumu is soooo cute ~~~

Anyways, some nice jokes like:
"It's fine, I didn't see anything"
"I'm not surprised, since it's not very big at all"
Lmao~
Apr 21, 2011 12:23 AM

Oct 2008
Lol, seems better then Akane-iro so far.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 22, 2011 1:50 PM

Oct 2010
I smell Yosuga no Sora...
Apr 23, 2011 9:07 AM

Jun 2009
Nature looks beautiful. That's the best thing about this anime. Although, it looks generic. Interesting that protagonist has little sickly brother instead of sister.
Apr 24, 2011 12:27 PM
Feb 2009
interesting start.
Apr 25, 2011 6:54 AM

Dec 2008
If the bold sexual comedy level stays like that, I will keep watching it.
^^
Apr 27, 2011 11:11 AM

Mar 2008
actually i felt like dropping it just after 1 episode xD i usually don't do that but damn..
ui's voice sounds HORRIBLE (i usually don't really care that much about voice acting but i noticed it this time, which is unusual for me.. and it's just terrible and annoying imo - sounds like a small, high-pitched child v_v)..
then him tripping and falling and "accidentally" kissing her.. and the other girl noticing it.. just soooo clicheeee @_@ *dies* also the part about his memories.. just go and die pls! ~_~ why do they have to use the same things over and over and over again... ._.
still... ~ after what some of you wrote.. if it's gonna be a train-wreck kind of anime i might consider watching it (haven't even watched school days fully.. except the beginning and the ending xD) - just 'cause i'm curious.. (<< but i'm pretty sure this is just another cliché harem :x and i just can't get into them..)
Vanessa-Apr 27, 2011 11:20 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Visual Novel

Juto1 - May 25, 2023

1 by kou_starz »»
May 26, 2023 3:44 AM

» Worth to watch?

LukaNV - Apr 3, 2023

17 by Imnotevenweeb »»
Apr 4, 2023 9:19 PM

Poll: » Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 26, 2011

203 by DZento »»
Jan 24, 2023 10:29 AM

Poll: » Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Oosran - Apr 25, 2011

68 by Aworkstar »»
Oct 17, 2022 7:07 PM

» Ui feels as a bad end

Leafa_SAO1 - Aug 17, 2021

4 by Leafa_SAO1 »»
Aug 18, 2021 4:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.